BFL Snowy Sunday 12/16

banslug

Cathlete
WOW! Only 9 days left till the Big Day! lol I'm starting to wrap my stuff today!

Heidi-how is the iTread Ballet??? Very curious about that one!

Ladies...remind me what week you all are on. I lost track a few weeks back. Sorry!

Free Day for me today. I've implemented a few Free Day RULES over the last few weeks! LOL First, I must drink 64oz of water before I even take a SINGLE BITE of ANYTHING to eat! Second, Drink AT LEAST my usual daily gallon of water. Actually, I've been drinking twice that on Sundays! LOL Third, put a pair of snugger-fitting jeans on by mid-day. LOL This way, if I start to get that 'button-popping' feeling in my tummy, I know it's time to settle down on the food intake! lol

I slept in a little. I love it when 'sleeping in' means sleeping till 6:45am! lol

OK...I'll be home the majority of the day. DS has a basketball game at 1, but I think the weather will keep the other team from coming to our gym. IF the game is cancelled, I'm treating the kids to a movie. Older DS wants to go see I Am Legend (I do too) and younger DS wants to see Alvin and The Chipmunks (my mom does too).

OK...off to bake some yummy butter cookies!

Gayle

Good morning Gayle!! And hello to you sleepyheads, Heidi, Jennifer and Colleen!! :)

Wow, those are GREAT rules for your free day. You still get to cheat, without going WAAAAYY overboard.

Sounds like you have a perfect day planned!

I got up early and did 20 minutes on the elliptical and then chest/back from 4DS. Obviously, I need to get heavier dumb bells. Which is a good thing! :)

My husband went to the grocery story this morning. I told him to pick what he wanted for lunch -- can you believe he picked an EFL recipe?!! So, I'm making the chicken enchilladas. Yum!

I also had him stock me up on Larabars. Wow, I'm glad those were mentioned on the forum. The first bite I thought they were kind of gross, but then after a pecan pie, cherry pie, and chocolate choconut flavors -- I somehow fell in love with them. And I've been eating EAS and Zone bars for 10 year! I guess it was time for change.

Later,
Michelle

Good Morning Everyone~ :)

I'm awake. I was awake by 8 a.m. I had 2-dogs between us, so I was on the end of the bed, I mine as well get up.

Just got back from the gym. Did 10 mins power walk/high incline on the Treadmill before calling it quits. Just haven't had the energy to work out these past few days. Of course, my eating is downhill, so I know that is why I am depressed and no energy! Yesterday I laid in bed and watched Lifetime all day, depressing, I know :( And w/ TOM hitting, that doesn't make things any better! Ok, enough whining :)

Gayle~ Did you get any snow up your way? We only got rain, it's still raining. They are great Free Day rules! Last week when having a normal free day, I never got in my normal 1gallon of water. Great Job!!
WooHoo!! :) Last week, coming down the home stretch! That is great!
This would be end of W6 for me, but b/c I totally messed up W6, I am doing this week over. I know I should just forget and move on, but I would feel better if I just did it right! Does that make any sense?
My DS went to see "I am Legend" last night w/ his GF, he said it was awesome!! He really enjoyed it! Enjoy the movie today :)

Michelle~ Great workout this morning!! Can you tell me how you do w/ HIIT on the Elliptical? Do you just increase your level each minute? I'd rather do my HIIT on the elliptical, but I guess I am a little confused.....I'm not the brightest crayon in the box...LOL :)
I love Larabar's. I was the same way, at first I was like, "these aren't that great." and then they grew on me. Love the apple pie. YUM :9

Today is a new day, and I am setting myself new goals.

~STOP FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF, GET UP AND JUST DO IT!!
~Start going to church on a weekly basis. This may seem strange, but I felt more peace w/ myself when I was going every week.
~Eat clean meals and get my water in daily!!

I am thinking of starting the BBC rotation this week, can you tell I get easily bored? LOL Did any of you do a rotation w/ BBC, if so what were your results? I am going to post this on open forum also...just curious what results you can exactly get w/ Low weight/high reps.

Sorry for the long post! You guys are GREAT!!

XoXo
Jenn
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Jennifer-I don't blame you for re-doing the week. You need to know you did your best! I say enjoy yourself today to re-group for tomorrow!

Michelle-last night I tried a Snickers Marathon low-carb nutrition bar. I'm not sure why I grabbed it, since I was at home and could have eaten any other BFL meal that I had prepped, but I wanted to try it. It was actually pretty GOOD! The carb/protein was a 1:1 ratio, and the fat was about 7g. Not too bad, but for the taste and the convenience, WORTH it.

Jennifer-forgot to mention above...BBC. I did BBC for about 3.5 weeks when I first got the set and LOVED it. I loved the variety of instructors, the variety of cardio workouts, and the weight workouts surprised me with their effectiveness. I wasn't really tracking results then, but I do know it kept me motivated to complete 3.5 weeks...what with my short attention span! lol

Gayle

Hey ladies -

Gayle -- how on earth do you get that much water down?? Since I worked out this morning I drank one bottle - 12 oz. I HATE water, so I just drank another 12 oz. bottle (but I put in crystal light) - so I'm not really sure how to count that.

You are in the home stretch Gayle -- we are all so PROUD of you. Stay strong girl!!

Okay Jennifer -- I'm here to shake you up. I'm so sorry you are having a bad week. But understandable with the ex and TTOM. So now is the time for you to get over it! STEP away from the TV!!!! I use to watch Lifetime all the time -- and I realized all I got out of it was a couple of good cries and I was depressed. NOT worth it!!! I used to read Oprah books too -- not anymore!! Now I read thrillers and mysteries and I spend my time in front of the tv watching what my kids and husband want. Which means last night was The Robinsons (a cartoon, but VERY good) and later today Football. Neither are my first choice for TV -- but better than something depressing!! If you are going to watch TV make sure it is something that lifts you up, not brings you down!

Hang in there Jennifer and know we are all here for you!!

Which brings me to -- Gayle, I can't wait for SURVIVOR tonight! yeah!

Okay, as far as the elliptical - I'm not sure how to do it either --that's why I bought the i-climb yesterday because I felt like I was just going through the motions before.

Gotta run. I have to go make our chicken enchilladas!

Michelle

Oh, Michelle....SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO PSYCHED. :+ :7 :* :9 :p ;( }( :D :eek: ;) ;-) :( :( :-( x( x( :) :) :) :)

LOL! My younger DS wanted to punch in those faces. They were not directed to YOU, Michelle...just Zachary having some fun! lol

GREAT advice to Jennifer about staying away from depressing, tear-jerkers.

OK....need to get dinner on the table. My parents and my neighbors are all coming for dinner. Then the FINALE, BABY! My vote is on Denise!

Gayle

Thanks Guys!! It's great to know that I have you guys to lean on, you are ALL THE BEST!!! {{{{HUGS}}}} :):)

Just got back from the store, and making cookies w/ my DD.
This afternoon I stopped and saw my Grandmother.

Made up some meals for the week, it's nice to know that I have at least 2-3 days planned already for me. I am cooking, well boiling some Chicken Tenderloins in a stock pot w/ Chicken Broth (less sodium/f/f ). Got the idea off of BFL Tracker. They say the chicken breasts stay nice and tender. You just keep them in the frig (in the pot) until ready to eat. I guess it's sort of like chicken soup! LOL :) Protein Pancakes for B'fast; and a couple of CC/Yogurt set to go! :)

You are so right about Lifetime. I watched 2-movies last night and I caught myself blubbering towards the end. So sad... LOL :)

I am going to start a rotation w/ BBC tomorrow. The few DVD's I did since getting them, I loved! DOMS were great also, Barry just kills you in Arms/Abs! :)

Have a great night, BBL~
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.