BFL Saturday 05/03

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies. It’s the weekend. I have to check out the second half of yesterday’s posts.

But, Melissa….I saw that you got in on August!! WOO HOO!

My Grand Pop’s 100th BDay party last night was so much fun! And FUNNY! He was sitting in a wheel chair and we just kept wheeling moving the chair around for group/family pictures! Everytime we were all set up and ready to snap the shot, somebody in the picture had to nudge him to wake up! LOL Poor guy….hits 100 and he get tortured with cameras, flashes, and 16+ great-grandkids running around! LOL But it was so awesome to see family members…cousins, aunts, uncles, etc, that you don’t see on a regular basis.

OK….I started my weekend off this AM at 5am. I had to call SO and his DS because they were going to Washington DC with his DS’ class. They had to be at the school by 5:45 and SO sleeps till 12noon or later on Saturdays! LOL So I called them, then stayed awake and hit the basement for cardio and abs. I did Rhythmic Step (I can never spell that) and Tracey’s Core Blast (did the 3 floor segments). Great start.

My sis is in town for the rest of the weekend. We’re headed into town this afternoon, one of my cousins is racing in a soap box derby, and we NEED to see him squeeze himself into one of those small cars…he’s over 6’3” tall and we just can’t imagine him getting into that car!

BBL, I hope, but no promises. I’ll be spending time with family most of this weekend, so I’m not sure that I’ll be online all that much!

[font size=+2 font color=red]MAKE TODAY COUNT, ladies![/font]

Gayle

Morning everyone!
Gayle - I enjoyed reading about your Grandpop's birthday, lol! What a wonderful occasion to spend with family. :) I'm also glad to see you in good spirits (I'm not going to bring up the what you've been dealing with but just say you've handled it with pure grace). ;)

Well, it's time to clean house, pack, buy groceries for the boys, and head up to Long Branch. DH is going up with me so I have to make sure the boys (22 and 17) and the dog are okay for the night. I'll also have to call my 22 year old at 7:00 am tomorrow to walk the dog! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy

KATHY-------remember...mile 20. That's ME on your right shoulder. HAVE FUN! Enjoy every step along the path. ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!!!!

Gayle

Good morning!

Gayle, the party last night sounded fun! Glad Grand Pops enjoyed parts of it! ;) Enjoy your day with the family!

Kathy, I'll be on your shoulder with Gayle! Don't want to weigh you down too much though! Maybe I'll sit on your left shoulder to balance you out! Hope the bod is feeling good and the mind is ready! I will be thinking of you all day!

GO KATHY GO!!!

bbl

Good Morning Ladies!

Gayle-Glad to hear you had fun at your grandpa's 100 birthday!

GO Kathy GO!!! Good luck to you!

Stehpanie-Good morning! Whats on tabs for today?

Im not sure if im going to workout today or tommorrow? I kinda told my sister that i would babysit for her tommorrow(10-6)so she could have a break,so that means that i would need to workout today...but im tired! Maybe i will later? I need to do UB and a 30min cardio???

Hey to everybody that follows:)

Hey Amelia! I am doing Boot camp from 4DS and Bi's and Tri's. Boot camp gets me every time! Just got to get up from the computer, change into WO clothes and DO IT!!!

I hope you get your WO in today! It will make you feel sooooo good! Come on and join me! :7

Hey Steph-I think i will join you on a workout today! I hear ya on getting off the computer,sometimes its so hard toox( now i just have to figure out which ub workout to do? I will also do a 30 min Powerwalk on the treadie!

bbl

Good morning girls,

I have cardio on tap today! Maybe I copy Stephanie today? I finally have DOMS in my UB body! You wanna hear somthing funny? Lifting with only 65 lb BB almost killed me yesterday! Chest pesses I could hardly get the BB up! I lifted a lot heavier in Germany? I just don't get it! I will stick with my BB for awhile to get my strength back! I don't like the Bowflex, I feel like I lost strenght!

Kathy** Good luck! Go Kathy!

Gayle**Glad to hear you had fun at your grandpa's 100 birthday! Poor guy! Enjoy your family today!

Amelia** enjoy your workout today!

Stephanie** have fun with 4DS BC/ weight workout today! Enjoy your dinner tonight!

BBL!
Belinda

Belinda, feel free to copy my WO! I just got finished. Glad you figured out that the Bowflex was hindering your strength. Enjoy those DOMS!

Hey girls,just popping in to report my workout! I Did an UB workout kinda my own thing...3sets of twelve...it took over an hour so thats good enough for today:)I went heavier on a couple of them too! I plan on doing a 40min Cardio tommorrow after the baby leaves!

I forgot to mention that today is my sons birthday:) He's Three today:) Where did the years go,my goodness! I guess its time to start potty training himx( should of done it alreadyx(;-)

Everybody have a wonderful day:)

Stopping by to say hi, my first chance today.

I spent most of the day at first aid/CPR training so that we can take the GS's camping next month. The other leader attended Outdoor Program Facilitator (OPF), so we can finally take the girls on hikes (hence the first aid) and have a campfire (OPF). Sometimes there are too many rules just to have fun.

It's raining right now. As soon as the tail end of the storm passes, the pup and I will go for a very long walk (no exercise yet). It's just the critters and I tonight. The guys are camping this weekend over in Ontario at a big scouts jamboree. DD was just dropped off at a slumber party. I should be doing a girls night out, but all I really want to do is exercise and read, along with groceries, laundry, etc. Oh, and I have the first season of The Tudors, if I feel like vegging in front of the TV.

Gayle - Granddad's b-day sounds like it was fun!

Kathy - I'll meet you halfway (in spirit) to let you know you're over the hump, so to speak. Good luck! We're all cheering for you.

Stephanie -OOh, I'm too late for Bootcamp. Those Bi's and Tri's seem to go on forever, don't they?

Amelia - Enjoy DS's birthday. 3 years old seems to long ago. Time does fly. Enjoy every moment.

Belinda - I think you talked me out of ever considering a Bowflex. Glad you were finally able to get some DOMS.

Everyone else is quiet, too. I need to read Friday's thread to catch up. I'm off to check the radar and see how much longer until we can go. Hope you all enjoy your evening.

Hi everyone! Late check-in for me today.

Gayle - glad to hear that the party didn't interfere with Grand Pop's sleep schedule!! Sounds like it was alot of fun.

Kathy - good luck tomorrow!!

Amelia - awwwww...3 years old! I remember those days!!!

Sherry - sounds like you have the perfect night planned! I love nights like that. Doesn't happen too often. Enjoy!!!

Hi Belinda, Stephanie and all that follow or anyone that I missed ;)

I did Muscle Max today. Yikes, it was tough! Off to Home Depot. DH has to get some type of part-thingy. I don't need anything, but I love to browse around the kitchen and bath areas. And DD loves the paint sample cards. We must have hundreds floating around the house!

BB tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!!

Back from our powerwalk. Only did a mile before I thought it was too threatening to go further and turned back. But was enough to get the pup and I moving.

Catching up on Friday’s personals:

Amelia – Good focus on you. Exercise, eating right and sleep are critical tools for keeping your moods up, but you know that. I agree with not being critical of yourself. I think we all fall into that trap, me much too often. Hope your blisters heal quickly.

Stephanie – That’s great about the job. Sometimes great things do happen at just the right time. How did you enjoy the Japanese dinner?

Gayle – I think you handled the situation just fine and hope you have now moved on. I do think that too many adults take the kids games way too seriously, which then shows kids all the wrong values. When I was coaching soccer, it was the parents that took the fun away. That’s more than enough said.

Heidi – Every time I think that once the kids get older, my life won’t be as crazy, I read your posts and realize that it will never end! Thanks for the regular reality check.

Liann – Yeah! You made it for the Aug. RT. I love your philosophy on chocolate!

Kathy – I’m very familiar with how a “crisis” at work can send on running for all of the wrong food. My chocolate stash as work is completely depleted, as well as my two back-ups who depend on me to be their back-up, which is an indication of how stressed it’s been lately.

Michelle – Glad when you can pop in!

Melissa – Yeah, you also made it to the Aug RT! I love to browse at home Depot and Lowe’s also, but DH doesn’t seem to like to take me along anymore. He seems to think that I come up with more things for him to do. Gotta feel sorry for the man – he’s married to an engineer who like to watch HGTV!

Belinda – Seems like we often go to bed early, too. Way too much running around, hence why I don’t watch much TV at all and I can’t keep up on Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc.

Carolyn – How was your workout?

I think I’m now caught up.

I don’t like grocery shopping in the rain, so the rest of the evening will be laundry (gotta get the main stuff washed before the guys bring home their camping grunge!) and The Tudors. Hope everyone has a nice evening and see you all in the a.m.!

one last thing - GO KATHY GO! We'll be on the sidelines waving you on!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.