BFL for Sat Mar 08th 2008

Hi girls,

I am back with personals!

Kathy** WTG on your leg workout yesterday! I also copied your leg workout! Hope you don’t mind? I will catch up with you and Gayle one day with my weights! LOL!

Gayle** WTG on your leg workout as well! I copied you workout too!

Melissa** it must be a 9 week thing! LOL! Next week we will do better! I do like the new bb set! I hope I find a squat rack soon! Hope you enjoyed your UB last night!

Lainie** Thank goodness! My computer is still under warranty! I hope it will be ok, until I fly in April to the US! I can take the computer back to WM! Nice leg workout BTW!

Carolyn** WTG on 4DS total upper body! How is your upper body feeling today? How long did you worked out? Sounds like you have a really nice weight bench! How did you like using the 45 lb. bb? It wasn’t to long, right?

Big Hallo to everyone that follows today!

Enjoy your workout and day! I need to make protein pancakes today!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

God morning Belinda!

I'm still waking up this morning, too. I did do Legs last night when I got home from work, and they are stiff this a.m. Bootcamp is on the schedule for today, but we'll see . . .

You are tempting me to go look at BB's. I just need to wait until next month to actually buy.

BBL!

Good Morning Girls:)

I can't believe its snowing here in GA :eek:! We just had tornado warnings last night:eek::eek:

Anyways,Today is my Cheat/Free/Measurements/WI/Body Fat% taken Day!

I have to wait for DH to wake for everything but the WI...I haven't lost anything in over three weeks!! I jump on the scale and it said that i was DOWN 1.7 Pds...whoohooo! And the weird thing about it is i ate MORE this week...i won't let it go to my head though...just added and apple,orange to two of my mini meals(even though i was stuffed!) And I didn't drink a protien shake everyday,just when i lifted! Ok,thinking out loud now,LOL

Belinda-did you decide on what workout your doing today? I bet your gonna try out your new bb set today...?

Sherry-Good morning-sorry your legs are stiff this morning:-( can't stand that! Enjoy bootcamp today-don't have that one!!

A great big hello to everybody below(or posting the same time;-))
I will bbl to report my other measuremnts and stuff!

Good morning Sherry,

BC got you good!}( }( Have fun with workout!

Well, I did High Step Circuit plus abs (stability ball)! I am sure you will find a nice bb next month! I went on Sears.com they selling lots of workout stuff!

Off to get ready! BBL!
Belinda

Hi ladies,

I am starting week 10 next week! After week 12, do I take a recovery week or do I jump right into another 12 week challenge? What are your plans when the 12 week challenge is over? I know I will do another round! I really like the results plus it really helped me to clean up my diet!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning ladies!

Belinda - I am definetly doing another round and then another round after that.;) I might take a recovery week in between but from workouts only. I don't want to give myself the freedom of eating whatever I want.

Sherry - just looking at bb's won't hurt, right?!

Amelia - congrats on your weight loss! WOOHOO!!!

Here are my meals for today:

M#1: 2pcs w/w toast, 1T natural pb
M#2: scrambled egg whites, sweet potato
M#3: salad w/ tuna & veggies
M#4: apply & string cheese
M#5: 1/3 w/w boboli, 2T lf cheese, tons of veggies & garlic
M#6: not sure yet

Have a great Saturday everyone! I'll BBL

Morning!
Belinda – I’m definitely doing another round of BFL, too. I’m undecided whether I’ll take a recovery week and just change up my weights a bit (maybe circuits?) then start again. Or if I should do a BFL Tracker challenge which would mean starting another challenge immediately after this one ends. We'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks.

Sherry – Have a great day at work! Barbells really are great, they allow you so many more options for different exercises (not to enable you or anything….lol).

Amelia – GREAT weigh in! WooHoo! Yeah, sometimes changing things up gets the scale moving again.

Melissa – Yum, your menu looks great! I’m trying to get rid of the “snackies” that seem to hit in the evening. I do really well all day when I pack my food for work, and even dinner is good….it’s just when we’re watching TV and DH pulls out the snacks that my will power dies, lol. I promise to do better!

Well, I got up and ran 8 miles. The first 6 were using iTread 9, which is a fabulous workout, BTW. I think I have to add this to my Tempo list because the pace was about what I need to do for Tempo runs. I just ran out the last 2 miles using another iTread for music. Oh, and I also did the shoulder segment of 4DS and the biceps from PUB. I think I’ll add these on to weeks that only have one upperbody workout. They seem to be my “unresponsive” body parts. Ugh. I’m still seeing results though, my waist is going down considerably (it’s my problem area now that I’m mid-life). I’m quite pleased with my results going into week 10. :)

Hi to everyone else!

Kathy

Good Morning,

I am a little sore from yesterdays upper body w/o. I believe the workout was 67 minutes long. Today is did PLB and I used my heaviest weights ever for this 30's, 40's, and 50's for all the standing leg work. I ususally use 24, 30, 40. WOW!! I could harldy walk up the stairs when I was done.

Amelia - I din't know you lived in Georgia! I live in the Suwanee/Sugar Hill area which is north of Atlanta. Where do you live? There is a group of us that get together once in a while, I'll let you know of our next GTG if you want to join us.

Belinda - I didn't use the bar for upper body yesterday. I just played around with it after I was done and I liked it. Something I have to get used to.

Sherry - Enjoy your Bootcamp. Is it the new one or the original?

Melissa - I am going to do another 12 week round as well. I have really enjoyed the results I have gotten so far, I just need to push harder next time not that I know what to expect.

Kathy - Do you run on a treadmill or do you run outdoors? My neighbor has a treadmill she "may" want to sell. I told her I would be interested. I wish my waist would slim down. It seem I see results everywhere but there. Great job!!

Have a great weekend.

Carolyn

Carolyn,
I have a treadmill in my basement and I also run outside (on a wonderful 7.5 mile bike/jog path across the street from me). When we moved last year I told DH that I wanted to live as close to the path as possible and we ended up one house from the corner and the path is across the street, lol.

I like doing a mixture of both...when the weather is too cold or too hot, I move it indoors. If the weather is beautiful, I'm outside! I also try to do all my really long marathon training runs outside because the actual race is usually on pavement and I need to get used to the impact.

I think getting a treadmill is a great idea! You could run or walk on it for cross training and there really are tons of options to use for workouts like...iTreads, Runervals DVDs, Cardio Coaches, etc.

HTH,
Kathy

P.S. Oh, Lainie I meant to tell you I've been lifting heavy for about 5 years but had knee surgery in 2006. I ended up at square one after the surgery and started out squatting about 10 lbs. (gulp!) It took me months to build up again. I had PT for my knee for 5 months and at the end was squatting 110 lbs. again on a smith machine. Prior to injury, I could squat about 140 lbs.

Hi everyone. Having a lazy day at home today. Saturdays are my free day, but I'm trying not to go nuts, of course. :) I'm glad it's a rest day because my quads are killing me after yesterday's lower body workout. I thought I was going light--glad I didn't go any heavier. My hamstrings aren't giving me any trouble, though (or maybe they would be if the quads didn't hurt so overwhelmingly). The really good news is my knees aren't seeming to bother me (but again it might be that I can't feel them past the pain of the quads).

Belinda, I love those protein pancakes! Last night I made a recipe from the EFL book (called "Mom's Chicken Enchiladas") and even my husband liked it. He's pretty picky about recipes from my "diet" books.

Melissa, looks like good meals today--I like to see what other people eat to get ideas!

Carolyn & Kathy, I have a lot of trouble with the waist, too. I still have an hourglass figure as far as the way it comes in at the side but my tummy is bulgy at the front (post-babies). I keep hinting to DH I want a tummy tuck. :)

Kathy, thanks for the info about your knees and lifting. I'm happy that mine feel o.k. after yesterday's workout (just hope I didn't overdo it--I'll ask the pt about it on Monday).

Hello to anyone who follows.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

hey girls,wow its quiet around here on saturdays;-) Im use to seeing about 30something post by now,LOL

My measurements and BF% went well,lost 3in and 1% body fat:7! My iches were lost in my waist,thighs and hips!

Kathy-Wow on the 140pds...so how much weight are you squating now? Im slowing building up,don't have a machine though:-( Maybe one day!

Carolyn-I actually joined the yahoo groups for all the catheites living in GA,just harldy ever get time to get on there:-(, I have gotten invited to alot of the GTG-but just couldn't make it:-( maybe one day i can meet all you guys! Oh and I live in Carroll county-about 30miles west of ATL! Love the country.

Melissa-your meals look great! Especially that pizza one:9 I think I will freeze some WW pizza pitas next week(thanks for the reminder;-))

Belinda-Oh yeah,that right-you did use your new BB yesterday with your biceps and trics....i bet it was fun using it for the first time! I used my weight gloves yesterday...did help with the pressure points in my hands but, they will take some getting use too..No workout for me today,today is my rest/free day!

hey to everybody that comes afterwards:)
Have a lovely saturday!!!!

I'm back for a few.

Workout hasn't happened yet, but I have changed the oil in the car, deposited the cookie money in the bank, took DS to get the supplies to make the first aid kit for Boy Scouts, ran a few other errands, which included going into Dunham's to ask when the next time they will be having the 50% sale on dumbbells only to find out that they won't ever again! So that 25# pair of dumbbells will cost $50 not $25. Will need to figure that into the budget. Checked out barbells while I was there (you group of enablers). They had a small 100# standard set. The bar was 48", which would work easily in the family room. Do all of you have stands for the plates or just stack them somewhere?

DD needs to get back to her biography project. Still trying to get in 4DS Bootcamp.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

>Do all of you have stands for the plates or just
>stack them somewhere?
Sherry, I have a standard 100# BB set. I don't use all the weights yet, so I actually keep a few in the basement. The others I actually store under our TV armoire in the living room, where I also store some of the dumbbells. I also keep some dumbbells inside drawers of the armoire and some in the window seat by the back door (where I also keep the barbell itself along with my step and risers). (small house)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.