BFL for Sat Mar 01st 2008

Hi girls,

I am back to report my workout! I did MIC abs and all of Low Max! I did my abs first! LOL!

I messed up yesterday! I did UB instead of LB! I don't know what happend? Should I do a LB today or tomorrow? Awww....:+

Off to enjoy the rainy weekend! LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend and workout! BBL!
Belinda

Good morning Belinda! You are always so god about doing abs! I've messed up which workout in the schedule before also. Makes me want to also to an extra one just to get back on track. I'd say whether you do LB today or tomorrow depends on you schedule both days. But if you do LB, then you have a chance to use that new barbell set!

Oh, I have some serious leg DOMS thing morning. And I wish the pup would sleep in on weekends! I'm chillin' for a bit before I do 4DS Bootcamp.

BBL!

Good morning ladies!

I didn't see the March rotation just yet. I'll take a peak next!

Well, my run for today (10 miles) got put off due to the snow and ice we got last night. Dave offered to take my kids tomorrow around noon time, which will be perfect. The temps are supposed to rise back into the 50s tomorrow, with SUN! I'd MUCH rather run in the 50s with sun than in this 20s with snow! HA! But, I got up early this morning and just played in the basement. I pulled out Step Heat and did the first 2/3 of that, then the first 1/2 of Yee's Power Yoga Total Body to stretch out. I kind of thought as this as an extra workout day, since today was supposed to be the run and tomorrow a rest. ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belinda-I'd do LB just for the FUN! LOL
Sherry-Enjoy BC!

I'm off to shower and make some breakfast before I pick up the kids in 2 hours!

Gayle

p.s. GEE....my house is QUIET with no kiddos! :)

Hi and Good Morning to you all,

I have been up since 6am. Ok...I haven't done my workout yet but I did download my new iTreads! 11,12 and 17. :) Can't wait to get into these!

Belinda: Great job on getting in abs first. I am going to be doing LM this morning too. I think of LM as a great lower body workout. So in a way you already did it.;-)
If you are beat...do your LB tomorrow. That way you won't be sooooo wiped out later.

Sherry: Have a great workout this morning!

Gayle: Nice move up on your run day. It is snowing and sort of raining here. Just a mess outside. Enjoy your peace and quiet this morning. :D Mine are still sleeping in.

Breakfast:
2C of coffee so far. Can't seem to get moving
Blackberry/Apple Crumble with nonfat yogurt YUMMY I made this yesterday afternoon from the Tosca Reno cookbook. This is my DH's favorite but he has it with van.ice cream. :p

On to my workout! BBL Heidi

Hi girls,

How long is your bar (barbell)? How much weight do you have for your bb? I am still debating if I should keep the bb? Sorry, for asking so many questions!

Sherry** how did BC go? Have fun!

Gayle** high five on your 10 miler today! Right now I don’t have the energy to do another workout! Who knows what I feel like later?

Heidi** if I wouldn’t done my abs first, chances are I would skipped it! Enjoy LM!

I have to go grocery shopping, I will be back later!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey gals –

Belinda – Great job on your workout - abs first is the way to go! I’ve noticed my personal trainer does the same thing….

Sherry – Have fun with Bootcamp – I just did that a couple days ago. Love it! This last time I was able to do almost al the intervals without modification (I used to take out the jumps when my back was healing). The only one I didn’t do full-out last time was the one where you grab onto the step and jump over it from side to side. Something to shoot for :>!

Gayle – Sounds like a fun relaxing workout this morning. Dave is so nice to take the kids and give you some time to run/work out – what a gent!

Heidi – If the itrain downloads go slow, it’s only cause I’m on there too doing the same thing! I am going to try an iclimb today at the gym. I am so glad that you guys turned me on to those workouts --the music is really good, and it makes cardio time fly by!

Yesterday I fit in an hour with the trainer in between lunch meeting and long boring afternoon colloquium (I sat in the back, hoping no one would notice that I was wearing sweaty workout T under my suit…Heh heh…). The trainer’s storehouse of painful ab variations never fails to amaze me! We did decline crunches, planks of all kinds, the roman chair, and things I have probably blocked from my memory cause they hurt so much! BUT – I am getting awesome results so I am not complaining.

Then we did three full circuits around the gym, alternating upper and lower body work. Squats, lunges, leg press, lots of chest and back stuff. I am finally figuring out how to use that scary cable station in the middle of the gym with all the attachments….We finished up with squat thrusts….argh. But they are getting slightly easier.

I am really pleased with how the training thing is going. I am definitely busting a plateau in muscular gains, which is exactly what I wanted. I will be ready for STS!!

Have a great weekend and eat clean ya’ll –

Christina

Workout done! Bootcamp + biceps/triceps done. I upped the weight on these, too. Those weeks of PLB/PUB really did increase my strength, which has kept me motivated to eat clean all week. Last night was a girl scout celebration of different countries, and there was lots of food, but I resisted. Gotta keep a good thing going!

Belinda – Hope you do get to try that barbell, if not today, then tomorrow.

Gayle – A quiet house? Not sure what that sounds like. Enjoy your run tomorrow.

Heidi – You downloaded more? I need to win the lottery to keep up with all of you! Hope you can enjoy them soon.

I’m off to shower, run errands, and get this puppy worn out at the dog park!

BBL!

Good morning Christina! We posted at the same time.

I do like Bootcamp. At first it was hard 'til the DOMS worked out of the legs. I like the jumping over the step. Kind of reminds me of being a kid. I remember doing lots of squat thrusts in gym class long ago.

Sounds like your workout with the trainer was awesome. Busting a plateau is so great. That's what I did with the first challenge. this time around I'm hoping to stay much more focused on the eating.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone. Today is my first free day on BFL. It's set for Sundays but I prefer Saturdays. I'm having a little trouble typing because Ewan threw a toy airplane on my keyboard yesterday and broke off the J key. As you can see, I'm still managing to use it but it's just sitting loose on top. Ugh.

I weighed myself today and I'm down 3.2 lbs since weighing on Monday. Of course I'm sure that's water weight, but still a relief that it's not up since starting a new program.

No big plans for the day, though we may go out to dinner tonight (with the kids, nothing romantic).

Belinda, how long is the new barbell? I think mine is about 5 ft. long. I was disappointed at the weight of mine--12 lbs which is kind of a weird number when figuring my weights and I think there are some good ones out there which are only 5 lbs or something. But it's not like I ever need to lift a barbell that's lighter than 12 lbs, anyway.

Sherry, good job resisting the Girl Scout celebration food. Ooh, that reminds me--I ordered Girl Scout cookies recently--I hope they don't arrive soon--so tempting.

Christina, ouch, my abs hurt just reading about what your trainer did to you--sounds effective, though.

OK, gotta run take a nice hot shower now. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey guys! Picked up one kid, waiting to get the other! LOL

Lainie-GREAT LOSS! Awesome job! Enjoy your Free Day. What's on your menu today? Anything oh-so-yummy?

Speaking of GS Cookies, while I was at the mall last night, I picked up 3 boxes, but stuffed them in the back of my pantry till MY Free Day! HA!

Christina-your trainer workout sounds AWESOME and I'm so jealous! Keep on working it, you're doing great!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning was Clean Max and now I'm off to do GS legs.

I was also wondering about the March rotation. I have been doing heavy rotations for 9 weeks now. I saw the March rotation focuses on fat loss which I desperately need around the middle, but I don't want to lose the muscle and definition I have gained. Any thoughts???

Have a great weekend..

Carolyn

Hi back after my workout,

Belinda: That was just soooo much fun! (LowMax that is for anyone just joining in) I did my abs last this time around. Still did them just the same though. Ab Hits #2

Sherry: I love getting my 3 free iTreads once a month! I saved a bundle by joining as a member.
Awesome job on Bootcamp and upper body workout!

Lainie: Enjoy your free day!

Gayle: Stay away from those cookies! I am not going to let DH bring these home this time around. He will be getting them from a co-worker when he comes back from his trip. Agh! He better keep them at the office.

Carolyn: Enjoy you GS legs today. }( You'll be feeling this tomorrow.

Christina: Great job on those tough ab workouts! What a nice trainer to really work you hard heh!?

On to my shower and breakfast for the kids. (Still not up yet!)
BBL Heidi

Hi Carolyn,

I am mixing in the rotation of the month into my schedule. This way I can get in an extra cardio session here and there. I love running but I really like Cathe's step workouts too! It is hard to resist these and I can't run and do a long step workout all in the same day.

Extra cardio and core work is what has helped me...but everyone is different.

Have fun adding in a new workout to keep things interesting. :)

Heidi

Morning everyone!

Belinda – Is your barbell an Olympic size with weights that to up to 300 lbs? I have one like that I use for my weight bench/squat rack. I also use a smaller 10 lb. padded one (with weights) for some upper body work.

Sherry – My dog is the same way, wants to go out at the same time like clock work! Great job on upping the weights and resisting the goodies last night.

Gayle – How nice of Dave to offer to take the boys tomorrow! Enjoy your run tomorrow. I’ll be out there bright and early. I’m thinking of starting at 6:30 or 7:00 so I can be finished and showered by 10:00 am. Ugh, I resisted the GS cookies at work this year. One co-worker had them on her chair in her cubicle. You got a good look at them every time you walked to the kitchen or bathroom. Talk about tempting, lol!

Heidi – Enjoy the new iTreads! You’ll have to tell us what you think of them. I’ve been eyeing the Tosca Reno cookbook (I have the Eat Clean Diet book), but haven’t taken the plunge and bought it yet. Do you use it a lot?

Christina – Your personal trainer workouts sound challenging! That’s super that your already feeling and seeing results too!

Lainie – Congrats on such a great first week! Wow, it’s always nice when the scale cooperates. Enjoy your dinner and free day!

Carolyn – I haven’t looked over the March rotation yet. I say do what you feel is best for your body!

Well, this morning I did an hour of spinning using Spinervals 16.0 Aero Base Builder I. Coach Troy has you do different drills (5 minutes hard/1 minute easy – 4 times) – (4 minutes 100 cadence/1 minute easy - 4 times) – (3 minutes 105 cadence/30 seconds easy - 4 times). Cadence is the hardest for me, I can’t seem to make my little legs spin faster…lol. The whole concept of Aero Base building is to not let your heart rate get above 70% which is tough! I’m used to running with a heart rate well above that and keeping it down is harder than pushing it up.

Oh, I also did the second half of Tracey Staehle’s Walking Strong. Man, I can’t say enough about this workout! I used 3 lb. dumbbells for the upper body and I was sweating buckets! Tracey has some out-takes at the end that are hilarious. I was sipping water and listening when she told the camera guy something like “people will say how hard can that be if the b*tch ain’t even sweating” and she was drenched! I about spit my water out laughing! Did you see that part Rhonda?

We’re planning on going out to dinner to celebrate my son’s 17th birthday this week tonight. Our daughter and son-in-law are coming over later so we can go out. I’m not sure what I’m having…I think he chose Chili’s so it’ll probably be fajitas. MMMM!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Awesome job this morning!
Question: What type of bike are you using for the spinervals? How do you work in the hills? Is this by just increasing the tension on the tires or something? I saw the racks for mounting regular road bikes on but wasn't sure how this would workout.

I really like the cookbook. I do use it quite frequently along with the BFL one. I hope you can check it out sometime from the library to get to try some of the recipes....or copy them for future use. :)

Happy birthday to your son! Have a great time tonight. Heidi

ok...now on to my shower!

Hey Heidi,
I'm using a Johnny G Sport Spin bike for the Spinervals. The way you climb hills is by increasing the tension and/or out of the saddle. I love spinning workouts for crosstraining. I'd love to get a "trainer" or rack to put my road bike on in the future. I looked into them but they're way too expensive for now (like $300-400). But it would probably simulate road riding much better than a spin bike.

I think I'll check out Amazon for a used Clean Eating Cookbook. Thanks for letting me know you use it like the EFL book (which is great!)

Thanks, it's hard to imagine "my baby" is almost an adult now. YIKES! :eek:

Kathy

Hey again,

Kathy: Thank you for the info on the bike spinervals. I am tempted to try this out. My DH said that he would get me a bike for my BD or Christmas or Anniversary....still waiting. :) We just haven't been out shopping lately for it....I am not sure what to get. One that has programs,programable or just a spinning bike.

Does anyone have a weight sheet for 4DS? I have most of Cathe's weight sheets for her other DVD's but I haven't found this one yet.

Thanks for the info.! I am preparing my schedule for the month in advance. I think Gayle and a few others are planning on using the 4DS weight workouts this time around.

Have a good Saturday! I will be back in later. Heidi :7

Hi ladies,

Sherry** great job on going up in weight today!

Christina** sounds like you had a great workout yesterday! You are doing fantastic! I am glad working out with a trainer is working for you!

Lainie** enjoy your free/rest day today! WTG! On the weight loss! The bar is 7 feet long and weights 45 pounds!

Carolyn** Clean Max and GS legs is a great workout! You worked your UB and LB!

Heidi** I do have to agree, LM was a lot of fun! Good job getting your abs in first! I think Lainie has a 4DS worksheets on her website??

Gayle** what do I hear, cookies? No cookies!

Kathy** yes, it is a Olympic size BB with weights that to up to 300 lbs. The bar weights 45 pounds and the weights are a total of 255 pounds! Nice workout this morning! I need to check out Tracey Steahle

BBL!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.