BFL for Sat Feb 16th 2008

Good morning, Belinda! How are your legs feeling? I thought DOMS were setting in last night, but this morning...NOTHING! LOL Geez...guess I'll have to work these legs HARDER next week! HA!

OK, after much debate with myself, I finally decided what my next few days look like. I need a rest day somewhere, so today is the day. I'm also switching Free Day to today for a few reasons. First, my DMIL is taking the boys and I out for breakfast and I'd like to just relax and enjoy SOMEBODY ELSE cooking for me. Second, we're going to the Farmer's Market for lunch today with my Aunt from MA, and again, I'd like to go and ENJOY somebody else's cooking. Oh, and I guess another reason today is free day is because I got into the Hershey Kisses at Dave's house last night! HA! So, from 10pm last night to 10pm tonight.....it's Free Day! NOW....REST DAY today also for several reasons. First, I did legs yesterday and I have my 7 mile long run tomorrow. I was going to do kickbox today, but then that left me the problem of trying to figure out when a rest day would be. Monday starts up again with BFL workouts, straight on thru the week. So it just made sense to make today a rest day!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...get all that???:)

I was going to sleep in, which I guess I did. I did, after all, sleep till 5:55am. That's 10 minutes later than during the week! HA!

OK...the plan for today is this: DMIL for breakfast at 9am. Basketball game at 1pm. Farmer's Market at 2:30pm. Most likely we'll be with Dave (SO) the rest of the night. I'm also going to be cooking today and tomorrow. Right now, in fact, I have some dried beans soaking for an hour so I can make White Bean Soup. LaundryMax today, and CleanMax all day tomorrow.

Tired of hearing me talk yet? :) BBL

Gayle

Good morning Gayle, my legs felt fine last night! My legs feel very tight right now! Guess what? I put on jeans that I haven't worn/fit in 4 years and they almost to big on me right now! I am on cloud nine right now! I can't believe how many inches and how much weight I lost in 6 weeks! Thanks girls for motivating me!

Have a great day and workout!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Belinda, CONGRATS on those jeans! I LOVE IT! You can thank me as much as you want....but you need to thank YOURSELF! You're the one doing all the hard work and the planning!!!! YOU DESERVE IT! Keep on truckin', and you'll CONTINUE getting great results! I LOVE YOU (in a girly way, lol)! CONGRATS!

Gayle

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Hi early birds Belinda and Gayle.

Belinda: What a great feeling to FALL into those now too big jeans! ;-) Way to go!

Gayle: Enjoy your free day today. Have a great breakfast and fun at the Market.

Yesterday was just a whirlwind of a day. I will have to go back and read some of the posts that I missed.

Woke up this morning the sametime a usual. Found a message from DS that he needed to be picked up so that is where I just came from.

Today's workout....? Will have to see....

Arm's are fried from weight work the other day. Went up in my weights especially for biceps and boy am I feeling it!

Shins and hip flexors are tight from yesterday's run and also from leg work the other day. So I guess today will be an easy step workout w/abs and a really good stretch.

I hope everyone has a great day. Shopping later with DD. BBL Heidi :7

Just dropping in to say Hi!

I woke up at 4 AM with some serious back pain – which I’m hoping I can work out with some stretching and Advil ‘cause I want to do LIS and arms today…Sometimes it seems like my exercising is limiting more by my joints than by my muscles…

Belinda – Way to go with your loose-fitting jeans -- It is amazing what you’ve accomplished in just 6 weeks!

Gayle – I’ll definitely see you in the gym doing that LaundryMax – I’m lifting darks AND lights!

Heidi – Sounds like a nice long stretch will do you good today - Have a fun workout!

I’m going to make some recipes from Tosca Reno’s cookbook today – white bean and chicken soup …and chicken marsala. Can you tell chicken was on sale? Have a great day ----

Christina

Christina....be sure to share any (and ALL) recipes that you LIKE! LOL

Sorry, no more personals right now. I've got my soup going and it needs to be baby-sat!

BBL

Gayle

Good morning ladies!

Belinda - I hope you enjoy your grocery shopping trip. I really love going grocery shopping...is that weird?

Gayle - do you feel better after putting your plan down in writing? I hope you enjoy your breakfast and your Aunt's visit. I'll be joining you on LaundryMax today as well. I'm also going to fit in an overall CleanMax since DD is having a friend over to keep her busy!

Heidi - do you have a license plate on your car that says "MOMS TAXI"? I think if anyone should have one, it's you!!;-)

Christine - I hope your back feels better.

Ameilia - I love EFL. The recipes in there really look too good to be clean, don't they?!

Okay, last night I was in our bedroom changing into my workout clothes. DD's room is right across the hall and she has a mirror in her room that is at her height, so from our room I can see from my waist down. Her light was on and the hall light was on but mine was off. AM I LOSING YOU YET? TMI? STAY WITH ME... So I was just about to step into my workout pants when DH called me. I stepped closer to the doorway so I could hear him better and what did I see in DD's mirror...SERIOUS QUAD DEFINITION! I was ecstatic. But then I turned on my light and presto, it disappeared...;( . Is it really there or was the light playing tricks on me?

Good morning ladies!

Okay, I woke up in a funk -- did some e-mailing -- and realized... I NEED to get that workout in. I jumped on the elliptical -- did CC1 and really knocked out those sprints. Okay, NOW I understand what HITT or HIIT (whatever) is!! I thought I couldn't breathe -- but Sean's voice kept me going.

Wow, I didn't think I would like feeling like that. I'm more of a steady state girl -- but wow -- that was AWESOME!!

Belinda -- You enjoy that ride on Cloud 9 -- you DESERVE it. Okay, I do have to mention - jeans you haven't worn in 4 years now fit - okay Belinda, now you deserve to go out and by you some NEW jeans! Go get a pair of those fancy smancy ones!! Good for you!!!

Gayle - Way to go with just the flow. There's NO WAY you can turn down chocolate kisses during Valentines week!! What I have noticed is that everyone has had "on" weeks and "off" weeks during BFL. I just read about the BFL Champ -- she was down for I think two weeks without workouts do to her kids. It is amazing how much our bodies will do -- even when we aren't perfect! I'm so inspired by you Gayle. And I love it when you write that you gave in to kisses -- because I gave in to chocolates too -- and now I know I wasn't alone! :)

Heidi - way to go on upping that weight on the biceps. I really need to just "do it"!!

Christina - I'm so sorry about your back. I pull mine out all the time. The last time I bought this silly thing at Walgreens that you put in the microwave and then wrap it around your back. Let me tell you that REALLY helped me last time -- I was even sleeping with it!! So go see if you can find one!! :)

Gotta run!
Michelle

Morning!
Belinda – Congrats on the jeans! What an awesome feeling….YAY!!!

Gayle – Enjoy your rest and free day (with lots of goodies planned…YUM!)

Heidi – Enjoy your shopping and workout! Great job on upping the weights, too!

Christine – Be very careful with back pain, it can be made worse sometimes! I hear you on the joints, mine definitely aren’t what they used to be, lol. Please share the chicken marsala recipe! That’s one of my favorite dishes.

Amelia – The EFL book IS fab! I love looking at the pics, lol.

Melissa – NO way the light was playing tricks, the definition is there! Sometimes it takes the right angle to bring it out. ;)

Michelle – Great workout, Sean is always so motivating! I agree, life happens and perfection is a myth….(he,he).

I got up and ran my long run of 12 miles. My heartrate monitor (I have a Polar F11) says I burned 1259 calories! Anyway, I took it slow…averaged an 11:42 pace which is about right (my training plan has me at 11:55 pace). Long runs are more about endurance and leg turnover so I’m feeling pretty good. :) Now I just have to wait and see if I get called into work, ugh.

Hi out to everyone else!

Kathy

Good morning all!

I finally get a chance at the computer. I took it easy this morning, glancing through the paper before working out. By the the time i finished Kickbox, they were all up and on the computer.

So, yesterday's massage - it helped work out some of my tightness that I know is in my neck but I never really notice it (guess I'm numb to it) until it gets worked out. We discussed proper standing, which is what she feels is causing it. Also noticed ttat my pecs were tight. Strongly encouraged that I always use a ball rather than a bench to get full range of motion and strengthen the core.

Ok, now that I'm sitting, dog wants out and no one else is dressed.

BBL!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today was cardio and I did Intervals 1-4 of Low Max. It has been a while since I did that one. I absolutely love the "slam its" in #4.
I'm not too terribly sore from yesterday's Gayle-style pushups. My triceps and more sore than anything. Go figure.

Belinda - Great job on getting into your jeans. It's a great feeling!

Melissa - How exciting to have strong, lean, sexy legs. You go girl!!

Gayle - Enjoy your free day. Just be sure and ditch all candy in the house, and SO's house!! Who needs temptation lurking in every cabinent. (Easter is right around the corner:eek: )

Christina - Hope your back feels better soon. Did you over exert yourself?

Kathy - Holy Crap!! 1259 Calories burned. I may need to start running.

Hello to Heidi, Michelle, Sherry, and Amelia

Off to take DD to her tennis match.

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.