BFL for Monday,Mar-10-08

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I hope you had a nice weekend! The stores were open in Nuernberg (they only twice a year open!) so I went shopping with my older sister! We had a lot of fun! In the evening we went out for Greek food! My DH and I came home very late last night! I will catch up with personals today!

My workout for to today will be LB! I will be back! Off to my workout!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning Belinda,

Sounds like you had fun shopping. Did you indulge in some baklava, too?

Good job getting your workout in. The time change got me. UBWO was on the schedule for today, but I had no energy to lift heavy this a.m., so I quit and I'll get it in this evening.

Eating yesterday went off track, a bit too far. A sleeve of the thin mints is now gone. That was even the flavor of ice cream the kids picked out at the grocery store. It's just one day, and it was a free day, so I'll be much more on track the rest of the week.

Hope everyone enjoys this first week day of daylight savings. At this house, getting the kids rolling should be a challenge!

Good Morning to you all,

It has been a pretty hectic weekend for me. Sorry I was not able to check in with you all. I hope that you all had a good one.

I did not get in any workouts this weekend but I will make up for it today.

PLB, LIS and abs are on tap for today.

Yesterday I also went out shopping. Finally ordered that washer and will be receiving it next week Mon. I can't wait!!!! No more repairs for a bit I hope!

Sherry: I agree...we will all be moving a little slow for a couple days until we get used to this new time thing.
Have a good workout when you are fully awake.;)

Belinda: Have fun walking the dogs. Great job in getting in your workout.
:)

Hello to everyone this morning.

BBL Heidi

Hi girls,

Sherry**NO! I didn’t indulge in some baklava! I ate fish and rice! I was good! I hope you get more energy tonight!

Heidi** have fun with PLB today! I am starting to feel DOMS in my legs! I went heavy today!

Off to take the dogs for a walk! The weather is so nice today!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning ladies! Happy Monday! Sounds like the weekend was good for everyone? Shopping, thin mints. What else can a girl ask for, right? LOL

Sorry I haven't been online since, what, Thursday or so. I was fighting a "mental breakdown", so to speak! :) I get like this every single time I follow a formal training schedule for longer races. I think I explained it a while back, but everytime I follow a schedule, I feel 'boxed in' (or forced) to do a specific workout. Then I mentally rebel and don't WANT to do that specific workout. Does that make sense? This past Fall and early Winter, I was really enjoying the shorter race distances and doing WELL and loving it. Now that I'm back to training for this half, I'm missing the short, SPEEDY workouts. So this weekend I analyzed it all and just decided to take the pressure off myself and just simply get back to basics. What does that mean for my workouts? That means back to BFL workouts. Today was PUB heavy, and tomorrow, I'm going back to HIIT with iTread 13 or 19. I will then tack on some steady state running at the end, just for mileage. Make sense? (to me, it does). lol

Kathy-do you ever get like that with your training?

So, as I said, this morning was PUB heavy. Those biceps, I max out at 21# and WOW! They get me every time!!!

You guys checking the pics on the Blog??? I'm so excited. I keep thinking that the more I see these pics, the more STS is reminding me of P90X.

OK.....time to look around the net, then to some housework! OH! And I finished my basement workout area last night and I'm liking the new setup. I'll work with it for a week or 2 and test the arrangement out before I decide if it's staying this way. I do, however, need another set of puzzle mats (I've got like 5 sets of 4 already, but I could use one more).

ANYWAY.....BBL!

Gayle

Good Morning!

Belinda, great workout! Did you buy any new SMALLER clothes?

Heidi, what kind of washer did you get?

Sherry, glad you enjoyed your free day! Now, lay off the cookies!;)

My son surprised me by driving from his home in Wisconsin, through the blizzard, to my home in NC. He arrived late Saturday night. It has been 15 months since I've seen him. We are going to the NC zoo this morning. He will stay until Saturday so we have lots planned! I will try and keep on track with my eating and workouts! Today is LB, I'm thinking of 4DS legs, will this be good enough? I need to add in some abs too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

ETA, Gayle, we were posting at the same time. :p Glad you figured out your basement set-up. I love change!

Amelia, hope you get to felling better soon! Have fun with PUB!

Good Morning girls!

Belinda-Great workout...why are the stores only open twice a year? Sounds like you had a blast!:D

Heidi-sorry your weekend was so hectic...i hate weekends like that:-( Have fun with your workout!

Sherry-When do you usally workout,mornings or evenings? Im thinking about working out in the evenings after I put the kids in the bed...im just scared that i won't have the energy?

I got me some mucinex for my chest congestion yesterday,i hope it helps-i was gasping so hard for air yesterday during my HIIT:-( i had to almost hack up a lung to caught my breath:eek:;-)

Todays workout is PUB...i haven't done it in about two weeks so it should be a nice change!I agree with everybody on the time change..it stinks,but alteast were getting closer to spring!!! Everybody have a good day!

ETA
Stehpanie,Gayle we must have posted at the same time!

Stephanie-what a nice surprise with your son coming to visit you! I hope you guys have a blast this morning at the zoo! Sounds fun:)

Gayle-Im glad you took some pressure off yourself...I hope this new plan works out for you! enjoy your workout today!

Stephanie-enjoy the time with your son! What a great surprise!!! (and yes, 4DS legs will be just fine)!

Amelia-funny, I got a chuckle for some reason out of "this new plan". Because I was thinking the same thing....but it's not NEW! LOL It's basic BFL! (with a tad of extra running!). LOL Thanks!

OK...I'm limiting myself with the PC this week. I really want to get re-focussed on some things and the PC tends to take my attention away from those things. I WILL BE BACK, though, before I head off to work/school!

Gayle

Good Morning,

Yesterday was my rest day. I took my DD shopping and I ended up getting a bathing suit for myself. I just loathe trying on suits. I found a really cute tankini, now if I can get an instant tan.

I ended up not going to Sears to look at the barbell. I did go to Fitness Resources and bought 2 sets of plate mates for 15.00 total. They were $7.00 a set which I thought was a good deal. I was looking on line and they were like $19.99 plus shipping. Can't wait to try them out.

My legs are still fried from my workout on Saturday, so today will be upper body with my new plate mates:)

Hello to everyone, BBL

Carolyn

Hello Amelia, Stephanie and Gayle,

Gayle: Glad you have taken another look at your schedule. Sometimes less is more in the long run.:)

Stephanie: I ended up doing a search on the web for a good washer that can handle large loads and save energy and water at the same time. So I got the Whirlpool Cabrio HE washer. My first choice would have been a front loader but my washing area is on the second floor. I was afraid that the house would get rocked off its foundation from this type of machine. ;-) My first test for this new machine will be my king size bedspread! Let you know what I think after.
Sooo glad that your son made it safely to your house! I would have been a nervous reck knowing one of my children was on the road during a blizzard. Enjoy your visit!

Ameilia: Have a great workout! I am doing the PLB today. Hopefully my butt muscles can handle it!;-) I had such DOMS all weekend! It hurt to sit so I had to keep moving to stretch them out.

Have you been to see your doc about your chest congestion? Take care.

Have a great day everyone! BBL Heidi

Holy crap! It is c-c-c-c-c-cold out there! It's one of those clear pretty days when you look out the window. Then you go outside and you're hit by a nasty biting wind. Yowza.

I still have major DOMS in my quads from Friday's lower body workout. I'm thinking maybe I overdid it. You know how there's DOMS and then there's @#$%^&* DOMS. Well this is definitely @#$%^&* DOMS, which is probably a risky proposition for someone with bad knees. I also don't go back to PT until Wednesday. Usually I go Mondays and Wednesdays but I didn't make these appointments far enough in advance so I couldn't go today. I think it's just as well since the PT workout and even the massage would probably be painful right now.

Luckily today is upper body work (God bless you BFL for alternating a week of twice-a-week lower body with a week of twice-a-week upper).

Anyone, hello to everyone and I hope to BBL, but for now I've got to go get my workout done.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

:7 HA! Got a good laugh out of """Holy crap! It is c-c-c-c-c-cold out there!""" LOL Cuz that's what I'm thinking right now. As I get ready to bundle up and walk to the school! I've got my turtle neck shirt and my work shirt (long sleeve). Then I'll wrap up with a scarf, winter coat, and 2 pairs of gloves!

Here are my planned meals for today:
M1: 3 egg white quiche, 1 slice w/w toast
M2: roast beef wrap
M3: 4 small protein pancakes
M4: roast beef wrap
M5: 4oz cod fillet, steamed carrots, brown rice
M6: apple, 2 string cheese

Sorry to hit and run again. Work calls!

Gayle

Morning!
Sorry I have to be quick right now, I have a meeting in a little while. Man, I love the extra daylight the time change brings but getting my body used to it is hard! I woke up really late this morning and only had time for some spinning. I did RPM 31 (a Les Mills program) for 58 minutes on the bike and had a nice stretch. My plan is to try to get a heavy BFL Upper Body workout in this evening so I’m back on track.

Woohoo, I won a pair of triathlon biking shorts on ebay for a song (and they’re brand new!) I really need these to start training more outside. Now all I need to do is find a good triathlon top and a biking jersey and I’m set.

I’m loving all these STS blog pictures, wow I can’t wait to get them!

I’ll do a couple of personals and be back at lunch for the rest.

Gayle – I’m an endurance person at heart so I enjoy this stuff. I find it easier to go with the flow and re-arrange workouts if I run out of time or don’t feel like doing what’s on the training schedule (like I have to do this week because of a missed workout and a late morning). But this is my personality, I track everything….mileage, training, heart rate, calories burned….you name it, lol. I’m a numbers person (I was actually thinking of being an accountant way back in the day). But if you’re not this type of personality, I can see how it would become more pressure than pleasure. What you’re doing is right for you and that’s what you have to do. As I’ve told you tons of times I’m sure (my kids tell me I’m a broken record, lol)…..STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF! You’re still doing amazing, keep going!

Oh, a huge thank you to Rhonda for the Iron Girl Runervals workout. I’ve been coping and pasting them in my huge iTrain, Cardio Coach, and now Runervals breakdown document, lol. I SO want this one now!!!

Kathy

Hi girls,

I am back from my 2 hour doggy walk! The dogs are tired and so am I! LOL! I would take a nap, but I have German Sauerkraut cooking!

Gayle** great workout this morning! I am glad you are feeling better! I don’t like being or feeling like I am under pressure! Glad your new plan is working! Great workout this morning!

Stephanie** no, I haven’t bought any new cloth, but I did buy new cloth before I left the US in the hopes I will one day fit in them! Which they do! I will fly back to the US April 11! I plan on buying new clothe! I did buy 2 polo shirts yesterday! One in chocolate brown and the other in black! What nice surprise from your son! Have fun at the zoo and your workout!

Heidi** sorry, your weekend was hectic! Enjoy your workout!

Amelia**stores are not open on Sundays in Germany! Germans like to relax and be with family on Sundays! It also has something to do with very high taxes, if the stores stay open on Sundays! Enjoy PUB!

Carolyn** enjoy your new toy today! Glad you found a tankini!

BBL! Need to check on my Kraut!

Belinda

Hey girls,done with my PUB,felt good!

Gayle-glad I gave you a chuckle:)

Belinda-:eek:,two hour doggie walk:eek:,great job.....:eek:

hey to the rest of the gang:)

:::Question::: What time is everybodies first meal? Im just eating my meal at 11 today! It kinda concerns me to wait so long to eat! This is the FIRST week(im in week 8)that im doing the'wait an hour after your workout to eat' deal!-This is a odd day for though because dd didnt have to go to school-I would normally workout around 8am be done by 9,then eat at 10....just curious if this is a OK time to eat meal #1?

bbl

Hi everyone! That hour is really catching up to me today. I could use a nap.

Looks like everyone is doing good and had a nice weekend. Mine was super-relaxing. Maybe that's why I could use a nap!

BFL LB tonight. I saw some new exercises in this months Oxygen mag that I'm going to try out. Sumo squats and side lunges, both with a barbell. We'll see what level of DOMS those produce!!!

M#1: 3 protein pancakes
M#2: turkey wrap w/veggies
M#3: salad w/grilled chicken
M#4: turkey black bean chili
M#5: 6 oz haddock, 1/2 c brown rice & veggies
M#6: choc/banana protein shake

BBL!

Amelia, my first meal is usually about 7:30 or 8am, depending on when I work out. I only give it a half hour after I work out to eat. Today my workout was later anyway. The hard one to fit in for me is the second meal, which I would usually like to have at 10:30 or 11 but I'm generally busy at that time.

I did my upper body workout--did PUB today. I love that one--wish she would do a PUB/PLB 2. Of course, maybe STS is sort of an extended weeks-long pyramid system, I guess.

Here's what I lifted for upper body (still kind of wimpy with UB but not as bad as LB).

Chest flies & bench press
2x8/10/12 lbs
Shoulders--rear delt flies, side lat raises, front raises
2x2/3/5--my shoulders are esp. weak
Back pullovers & double arm rows
2x10/12/15
Triceps double kickbacks
2x3/5/8
Triceps seated overhead press
2x8/10/12--need to go heavier on that next time
Biceps hammer curls & curls
2x5/8/10--could maybe go heavier

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hi again!
Belinda – That’s so great that you got to enjoy some shopping and good food! Super workout, as usual!

Sherry – I don’t adjust well to the time change either, it really throws me for a loop for about a week. I’ll be doing an upper body workout with you tonight. ;)

Heidi – Yay! New appliances are always nice to get. It makes life easier when you’re not worrying when the next break down is going to happen (I had a washer for 13 years in our other house and know how aggravating it can be). Enjoy your workout!

Gayle – Hope you’re feeling back to normal again. I think having more than one goal at a time is hard. Just figure out which is more important (which I think you have), and then schedule everything else around it. How about (2) HIIT sessions during the week for your cardio days and a long run on the weekends? That would give you the best of both worlds…you can continue to train for your half marathon and still enjoy your sprints. ;)

Steph – Have a great time with your son! That’s so nice that he surprised you and can spend the week. :)

Amelia – I usually have a protein shake within an hour of finishing my workout on weight training days and then just wait until about 8:45 am to eat on cardio days. I bring my breakfast into work because it’s the only time I’m sitting down and can enjoy it!

Carolyn – Ugh, I’m with you….I hate wearing a bathing suit, lol. I think the worst part of clothes shopping is the 3 way mirrors, sometimes ignorance is bliss (or at least in my case, lol). Wow, what a great price on plate mates! I paid full price for them online, plus shipping.

Lainie – GREAT workout today! I’m just waiting for Spring, I hate the cold weather. Yeah, when I did PT I used to schedule as far as they’d let me so I could have the same guy. I kind of bonded with him and he really pushed me….which I liked. I think I finally won him over when I left too (because he called me a tough cookie, lol).

Melissa – Yummy food again! Is it the new Oxygen that just got delivered? I got it in the mail on Friday but haven’t had a chance to read it (or the new Runner’s World). I did however get my taxes done….YAY! Oh, and did you see….we’ve finally pushed Debbie H. over the edge into buying our weight bench. BWWWAAAAA! Poor woman, she’s learning the pull of the enablers is a hard thing to fight! :)

Kathy

P.S. WooHoo, we’re actually getting money back on our tax returns this year. I’m so excited! :)

Kathy - I saw!! Our work here is done now that DebbieH is caving on the weight bench...}( ! Yes, the LB exercises are in the new Oxygen. Mine just came on Friday as well. I read it from cover to cover while I was vegging on the couch on Saturday. Too many advertisements though..x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.