BFL Monday 4/21

Good morning and welcome to Motivation Station!

28 days until my 5K. I'm back to focusing on the basics of the plan, with the training runs thrown in. The course is partially along my usual route, so I have no excuse for not knowing it, and should be able to manage the hills. I found my favorite Porter Freeman quote, and I'm keeping it in front of me to keep the motivation going.

1. "Want it."
2. "Make it a priority."
3. "Stop shoveling junk down your throat."

To stay away from the junk, I planned my meals as:

M1 - protein pancakes
M2 - banana, string cheese
M3 - salad and protein shake (we're having a lunch meeting - I should be able to eat lots of salad because I know the rest of it won't be clean)
M4- almonds, pineapple
M5 - chicken, rice, salad
M6 - protein shake (if I can remember; I have been completely forgetting this meal lately)

Today is a rest day. My legs still feel great after yesterday's run. No DOMS anywhere. Today's hurdle to overcome will be going out for drinks after work to wish coworker off, as he has a great opportunity elsewhere - he really does.

Hope you all have a good sweat and sending out clean eating vibes.

Oh, and I have daffodils blooming! It's going to be great day!

Good Morning girls:)

Today is suppose to be a rest day on my rotation but i may squeeze in a extra cardio...not sure yet!?

I will brb,gonna go read yesterdays thread!

Heidi-I too will be apart of the cyber RT-ya know what would be cool if we all could like post pics or maybe even some video of ourselvs!!

The diet plan is Burn fat feed muscle,but i don't have the book.The info i got yesterday was given to me by FitnessFreak(Debbie) over on the rotation forum! Im also following one of her rotations here is a link to the conversation with her incase you are curious...I wasn't the orgiginal poster but if you scroll down i pop in later!

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=8655&mesg_id=8655&page=

kathy-Awesome job on your 12mile run yesterday:eek: Wow! And how cool is it to have your DH biking with you now!! My DH has talked about working out with me for over a year now,but just hasn't gotten around to it yet:+

Sue-Your Chocolate chip protein pancakes yesterday sound delish! That reminds me that i need to make some protein pancakes i think i'll add some strawberries in this batch!

Hey to Melissa,Stephanie,Gayle,Carolyn,Belinda,Sherry! Did i miss anyone?
bbl

Hi ladies!

4:30 a.m. couldn't come fast enough this morning. Was that you Gayle - waking me up again!?! I decided to go back to the basics -- do what was working for me back in January. I did PUB and feel great!

28 days until your 5K Sherry !!! Yah!!!

Okay, I have to go read over what you all did this weekend. Be back later!
Michelle

Good morning!

Sherry, wow, you are a motivator and full of happy vibes this morning!
I KNOW you can complete that 5K! It looks like you are on the right track with exercise and eating! Love the quote too!
Enjoy the drinks tonight. One (or two!) wont hurt.

Amelia, I'm with you both on the cyber RT too! Lets start thinking about what we can do...
I am looking forward to reading your posts with FitnessFreak...she looks amazing and full of information.

Hey Sue! Welcome! It looks like you have been listening to your body and realize what you need to do to complete your challenge! The clean-eating was the hardest for me to overcome but now it's just routine.
Have fun with Cardio Kicks/4DS Chest and Back today! I wish you great success on your 12 week challenge...remember, BODY FOR LIFE!

Morning Michelle! Have a great day today!

I need to go read yesterday's posts! I never got past Sue's!

I am starting a 4DS rotation today! Can't remember though which WO is first!

bbl

Good morning, guys. Tired duck Gayle here, reporting in!

MAN! Tired isn't the word for it! lol But I LOVE coming here and hearing and FEELING the energy, and it's catchy, so I'm sure I'll wake up SOON! I have to go back and read yesterday's stuff, yet.

Let's see. First, I took a rest day yesterday and one today. I'm spent. Saturday's run (8miles) in the sun took its toll on me, and my TOES! When I got home Saturday and went to shower, my big toes were really REALLY hurting. Took off my socks.....well, what do you see but 2 nice big blisters on my big piggies. I left them go all day yesterday and wore sandals everywhere, but by last night they were killing me. So Dave and I decided to drain them, and YUCKO doesn't even describe it. One was bloody and red, the other just white and full of puss. YES....gross, so sorry! Today, they're still hurting and I haven't put shoes on yet. We'll see how they feel when I walk to work/school. This all makes me worry about the half on Sunday, though. My worst fear is starting but not being able to finish. POSITIVE THOUGHTS!

My sis left last night to go back to N Carolina. I had a house (and yard) full of folks yesterday for a cook out and the kids didn't get to bed till after 9pm, which is unusual for us on a school night. This morning I didn't even HEAR my alarm go off....thank goodness I slept with my window open last night and I heard my neighbor slam their car door closed at 7:10am, or else we would have missed the school bus this morning! LOL

ANYWAY...........I'm showered and waking up slowly. Taper week this week, and I'm going to follow that schedule to a T, and pamper my big piggies.

Here's to an awesome day. Stay strong. Enjoy the day!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies,

Wow….I have to join some of you with a “take it easy day”. I just woke up! It is now 9:11am and the house is still sleeping. We have been pretty busy over the weekend and staying up waaaaay too late. Everyone is off from school and work today so I can take a slow morning with no rushing about.

Hi Sherry: Enjoy your day and daffodils! You will be fine tonight so enjoy your dinner.

Hey Amelia: I have followed Fitness Freaks rotations in the past. She has some good ones and great advice as well. Have a good rest day…or easy cardio later.

Good morning Michelle: “My little early bird” I heard you laughing along with Cathe on those bicep curls but I just couldn’t come out of my slumber to join you. I am feeling this workout today especially in my chest. Nice job!

Hello Stephanie: Have fun with the 4DS rotation!

Hey Gayle: Ouch! Those poor piggies! Yeah…that is pretty gross when you have to pop those blisters. Keeping them open to the air is a good idea. When you have to wear your shoes make sure to cover them with bandages. Luckily your toes can heal up pretty quick so enjoy your taper week!

Hello to everyone! BBL Heidi

(Need some coffee!)

Morning!
It’s nice to see everyone up and ‘em! I was a little tired from this weekend so I did a total body and some light cardio. I did Power Hour (I forgot what a great workout this is!) and the Incline Challenge workout on the following link:

http://www.shape.com/workouts/7916

I had to modify minutes 30-38 and only repeat the fast climb once….my treadmill is programmable but only up to 40 minutes (and I wanted to have a quick cooldown before it turned off!) Anyway, very nice workout and now that I have it programmed in I can do it without hitting any buttons, yay!

Sherry – You CAN do it! You have plenty of time to push it up a notch and be ready to go at the start line!

Amelia – I’ll have to check out your link and conversation with Fitness Freak (she’s in awesome shape!) Good luck with your change in eating, I’m sure you’ll do super with it.

Michelle – Great plan….stick to what’s worked!

Stephanie – Count me in on the cyber road trip too! Can we do it the week before the actual trip (in case any of us are able to make the RT?)

Gayle – Awwwww man, blisters suck! I’m so sorry it happened so close to your half. You have a full week for them to heal so you should be fine…not to worry. I like using the Bandaids specifically for blisters. I find it covers them and lets them heal without drying out the area. I’ve gotten them during both marathons and fully anticipate getting them on this one. I prep my feet with bodyglide and even put bandaids in the “hot” spots but it still happens. :(

Hi Heidi! You sound like you had a busy weekend!

Kathy

Hi girls,

I slept in today! I didn't wanted to get up this morning! I have LB workout on the BF on tap for today!

Sherry** enjoy your rest day today! Enjoy your dinner tonight!

Amelia** enjoy your cardio/rest day today! Debbie’s rotation looks awesome!

Michelle** great job on PUB this morning!

Stephanie** have fun with the 4DS rotation! I wish I could do it with you!

Gayle** glad you enjoy your rest day as well! Hope your toe feels better soon!

Kathy** great job on PH!

I will be back after my workout!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Heidi - was Cathe laughing during those bicep curls? I thought she was crying?! I know I was! har har. Okay, I HAVE to read all the weekend posts!!

Sounds like there is a recipe that includes chocolate chips!?! Yeah!

Michelle

Welcome Sue! Don't worry about having to do personals, we all just do what we can. This check-in is what FINALLY made me make it over that hump of being consistent. I just could never do it myself. Work out 3 times, the 1 time, then 0, then back to 3 times a week. No wonder that didn't work! Now I can't wait to get out of bed and get my workout in, knowing that I have all of these ladies doing it too! (Also, I don't allow myself to post until AFTER I've worked out.) CRAZY, but it is the ONLY thing that works for me. So if I don't post for a few days -- you know what's happened!! ha ha! So welcome aboard!!!

Kathy -way to go on your dry run!! So proud of you!!

Ooops, gotta run! Boss is here!! :)

Michelle

Hi everyone. I have no time for personals today but I'll read all your posts tonight when DD goes to bed.

Work is horrendous today. And I am extremely emotional. I just want to close my door and hibernate in here until 4:30!! If I make it that long..;-)

I wanted to pop in and write down my meals before I take out my frustrations on a piece of cake, or something equally evil.

M#1: coffee protein shake & apple
M#2: chicken chili
M#3: beef & barley soup
M#4: w/w wrap, 2 meatloaf muffins, 1T lf shredded cheese & veggies
M#5: pork chop, ear of corn & 1/2 c brown rice
M#6: small banana & 1T pb

Ahhhh, I feel better now! CTX UB tonight. I've never done this one before so I'm looking forward to it. I might tack on some cardio if I'm still feeling as frustrated as I feel right now!!

BBL

Belinda – I hope you have great workout on the BF!

Michelle – LOL, don’t you just hate when they show up right in the middle of a post?

Melissa – I hope the day gets better for you. Awww…. Your food looks great, BTW!

Kathy

Ohhhh Melissa -- hang in there!! Take out your frustrations with your workout tonight! Maybe a punching bag would be good!!

I say, keep your door closed and spend your day looking at the Cathe blog -- that will cheer you up! :)

Just know that your Cathe gals are behind you!
Michelle

Hi,

Back again...no...not from any workout. Just finished watching the marathon with DD and sons.

WOW!!!! The finish for the womens division sent chills down my spine. What an awesome race! (We were routing for the russian woman) She held a really strong lead throughout the race. She was beat by the 22 year old..by 3 seconds. (Not even going to attempt to spell their names! ;))

Hi Kathy: Nice job on your PS. This is a great workout!
I like to use bandaides as well even on regular runs. ;-)

Hi Michelle: I just love PUB! I have DOMS in my chest today from doing this yesterday.

Hey Melissa: I am behind you one hundred percent! Close your door and put a sign up not to be disturbed. ;-)
Have a great workout tonight with CTX.

BBL Heidi

Happy Patriots Day BFLers! Have the Kenyans won the marathon yet? I live near and work in Boston so there's a ton of energy today between the marathon and Red Sox.

Anyway, quick accountability check in:

Cardio Kicks for cardio this morning. I just recently ordered this workout and really enjoy it!

Tonight will be 4D Chest and Back. I have a hard time developing doms from a back workout.

Nutrition:
M1- Protein pancakes with 1/2 cup wild blueberries, SF maple
M2- Bummer, got too busy at work to eat my egg white scramble
M3- Tabouli/garden salad, tturkey burger, Ken's light Italian
M4- Myoplex Light on the run, I really like these
M5- 4oz chicken, stir fry veggies w/ fresh ginger, garlic, soy, 1/2 cup brown rice
M6- SF jello pudding...not clean, but I don't want to OD on protein pancakes

Gayle, did you wear different socks? Different shoes? Or is this this farthest you've run...so that your dogs chafed too much??? Vaseline Baby, Vaseline!

Thanks for all your positive posts, I am going to take some time tonight to get to know each of you.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sue

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I finished 4DS HIS plus chest, back and shoulders. Felt good to get that one off my chest.LOL!

I decided that IF I get into the July RT then there are only 13 weeks to get in tip-top shape. I'm not going to let me eating disorder get in the way of acheiving my goals. As of today, I am starting over on my 12 week challenge.

Sherry - I read your post over and over and you are exactly right. "I WANT IT" and I will make it a priority.

Welcome to our group Sue!

Melissa - Hand in there. I know how frustration can get the best of us.

Belinda - Have fun with LB today.

Amelia - I also have BFFM and I pulled it out to get motivated again. I'm also going to check out your rotation.

Michelle - Enjoy PUB:D

Stephanie - I think HIS is the first rotation. I could be wrong though. Enjoy!

Gayle - Take care of those piggies. You definitely want those to heal before your big run. Glad to hear you have some good family time this weekend.

Hi Heidi and Kathy:D

BBL,

Hi girls,

I am done with my LB workot! I am getting better on the BF! Still NO DOMS! What is going on? I don't get it! I really miss my free weights!

off to the shower! BBL for personals!
Belinda

Hey AWESOME BFL Gals!

Sue, so glad you are doing well today! Your meals look great! If you miss a meal, so what! Go on and try and do better tomorrow. We are all cheering for you!

Carolyn, Yep! HIS and 4DS chest and back. I had a great WO today, how 'bout you? Are you doing that rotation also? Please let me know as it will help me get through mine and we can workout together! Tomorrow's WO is Kickbox/Legs & Core.

Belinda, I can't stand it either if I don't have DOMS the next day after a HARD WO! You may need to change it up a bit. I had to laugh at your response yesterday about your DS being gone all the time and it not bothering you! You are a tough cookie!

Melissa, I hope you survived your day! Take it out on your WO!

Sherry, I read your post yesterday about the Cyber RT! I am in and looking forward to it!

Gayle, so sorry to hear about the toes! OUCH! I know they will mend in time for next week. HEAL HEAL HEAL little piggies.

Kathy, 13 days till your MARATHON!!! You amaze me. I am so proud of you and can't wait until you post your adventures with us!

Susan, I have on my calendar that you are finishing up your classes the first week in May. How's it going? I haven't "seen" you in a couple days! Hope all is well!

Michelle, I hope you have a wonderful evening!

Heidi, what do you and the family have planned tonight? Another LATE night?

I wish you guys lived closer! How cool would that be if we could workout together and have a "girls night out" once a month!

I hope you all have a nice evening! See ya in the mornin'!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.