BFL...Monday 1/07/08 Up Bright and Early

HPLECTRA

Cathlete
Hi And Good Morning!,

Here it is 5am and I am up. Water is boiling for coffee...

BBL Heidi :)

Ok...Coffee in hand and waiting for my body to wake up.

Sherry: Great job on getting down the steps for HIS last night!}(

Gayle: Is upper body on tap for today for you?

Hi Michelle: Are you up yet?

I am not sure what I want to do today. My right calf is tight this morning...maybe from MM yesterday so PLB is out.

What is your workout for today?

BBL Heidi...going to sit with coffee and watch the weather for a bit.

Good morning Heidi,

My thoughts are with you and your DH today! Enjoy your coffee!

Off to my workout! Today I will do leg workout!

Hi to the rest of the gang!
Have a great day!

Hi and Good Morning Belinda,

Nice to know that I am not alone here this morning. :)
What type of lower body are you doing today?

We are definitely going to see my DH's reg phys. this morn before any surgery takes place by this ortho doc! Time for a new ortho consultant.

Have a great workout and day. BBL Heidi :7

Hi und Good morining Heidi,

I live in Germany! Germany is 6- 8 hours ahead of the states! It is already lunch time here!

I pulled a muscle in my legs a few days ago! Not sure if heavy lifting is a wise choice? Maybe I will do upper work instead??

Good luck this morning!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning ladies -

It is 5:30 here. I DID IT -- got up at 4:30 -- yahoo!! Just got done with PUB!

Can't chat - I have to get ready for work and the get the kids off to school!

Good luck today Heidi - we will all be thinking of you.
Good afternoon Belinda - so funny you are eating lunch now! :)

Gayle - thanks for the motivational e-mail yesterday. It REALLY helped!!!

BBL-
Michelle

Nice to have others logged in this a.m.

Chest/back finished. Think it's time to go get 25# dumbells! 'Course I also need to work towards all push-ups on toes.

Heidi - best wishes to you and DH today.

Belinda - take it easy, do the upper body and give the legs a rest.

Where are the others who were getting the to gym early today?

For inspiration, I reread BFL last night. I'm going for 7 weeks of getting the eating right, because that's my weakness. And we're going out for lunch today at work. But I know i can find something on the menu. Also think I need to go get the myoplex to have with water so I cut down on the protein powder with soymilk.

MY MANTRA TODAY: THINK CLEAN EATING!

Good morning!

Sherry-EXCELLENT idea to read the book again. I do that now and again!

Belinda-I got a chuckle, thinking we here in the states are up rubbing our tired eyes, and you're in Germany enjoying LUNCH already! LOL

Heidi-I hope all goes well today with DH. Keep us poste, ok??

Michelle-AWESOME, GIRL!!!!! You got up with us early birdies today! WOO HOO! Thanks for meeting me in the CyberGym! HA!

I was up early as well. I did BFL Upper Body weight work and I'm fried! I'm going for an outdoor run this afternoon, just to log some mileage...nothing too hard, just a nice steady run...perhaps about 6 miles. The temps are to hit the 60s this afternoon and I just HAVE to take advantage of 60 degrees in January in PA, right?

I took the day off of work this morning. When the kids get on the bus, I'm going to clean my friend's house, then the grocery store for some things on sale, then back home for a few errands. Then the run before the bus drops the kids off again!

BBL to say HI again....but I may not be back online until this afternoon!

LET'S KICK IT THIS WEEK, LADIES!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Hi girls,

I am done with PUB! I will do abs later! My eating is good so far!

Michelle good job, getting up so early and getting your workout in! Have fun at work!

Sherry thanks for the advice! I hope I didn’t tear anything! I still can’t do push-ups on toes. Nice workout this morning!

Gayle I need to check out the BFL workout! That is funny, you guys getting up and I am getting ready to fix lunch! Enjoy your run this afternoon! Have fun shopping!

Off to the shower!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning Everyone!
Good gonig you early exercisers! When I start back to school next week I'll be working out earlier too.
I plan on doing legs today. I am ready. Sherry I will send you clean eating vibes if you send some my way! That is my goal..100% clean until Sunday. Last week I did OK..but not near where I want it to be.
Last night I knew it would happen..my SIL says "Susie I hope you like your birhtday cake"...I was like.ughhh..I'll have to eat some. Luckily we started playing cards and she didnt serve cake til later..and I simply said..I'll have to pass I am still full. Of course she had chicken spagetti and buttery garlic bread for dinner..so I bombed last night..oh that makes me mad!! Thank goodness for MOndays!
bbl

Hi Back again,

I did it! Workout done for the day.:D

I ended up doing 4DS LIS premix cardio only. I stopped after the 3rd combo and went to the treadmill for iTread set #1 20min. I finished up with the stretch from the premix. I was so totally confused by all the step work! I basically felt as though I was just dancing in place. I will have to work on this some more later. In the meantime I am going back to my favorites...Imax2,BodyMax2,Boot Camp and LIC.

Hello to everyone getting in their workouts early! :)

Sherry and Susan: Today is another day...you can get back to eating-clean and make it a great week.:D

Susan: Have a great upper body workout.

Gayle and Michelle: Good for you for getting up early today. :7
Gayle: Have a great run outdoors this afternoon. It looks like it will be pretty mild where I am too. Finally! Better weather and no ice.

Belinda: Keep stretching your legs this will help. Maybe put in an easy yoga routine. Between the weights and running this must have cramped up your muscles. This happens to me quite often and I just keep stretching several times a day. (I will have to work on my right calf muscle myself!) ;-)

Well...on with the day. Time to get DS off to school. Wake DH up so he can get ready to see his doc. BBL with the outcome...Heidi

Once more for me today. Getting DD on the bus, then taking puppy to the vet to get spayed, before on to work.

Gayle - Enjoy the warm weather. It will be in the 50's here in southeast Michigan. I know you drink Myoplex - how do you think it compares to protein powder with soy milk? I really think I need to switch.

Michelle - Good morning. We must have posted close to the same time. Congrats on waking early and getting the workout in. I find it's a great way to start the day.

Belinda - Funny thing happened last night: as I went to bed, I got a phone call from my "big brother", a German exchange student who stayed with us my freshman year in high school (so many years ago). He was up getting ready for work and just called to say hi. Plus another college friend just returned from Germany for their holiday visit (her husband is German) and shot an w-mail my way. And you, too. Must be some German vibes going on.

Susan - Sending clean eating vibes your way! Let's both make it a clean day.

Heidi - Good luck and keep us posted.

Melissa - Way to go on the weight drop. Losing inches and pounds does help inspire!

Kathy - I'm sure you'll be checking in later. Hope you have a good workout today.

MY MANTRA TODAY: THINK CLEAN EATING!

Hello again ladies!

No time for personals -- I'm back at work and I'm buried! Leave it to me to take 2 weeks off and not even check in. he he!!

I am sooooo thankful for this check-in. I KNOW I wouldn't have gotten up at 4:30 if it wasn't for you guys! Thanks for all the support. Now I need to KEEP doing it!!

Okay, after one full week I finally stepped on the scale. It was ugly. Yes, I went up. I guess it's true -- it really is about what you put in your mouth. After working out 6 days last week and eating 80% BFL -- I realize I need to be stricter with my eating. So, today it starts...

protein cream of wheat
one bottle of water down
protein bar in about an hour (I know, I was in a rush this morning!)
turkey sandwich for lunch
protein banana pudding for snack (anyone tried this yet???)
Gayle's chicken soup for dinner

It is planned -- and I will not eat something else!!

Okay, I'd better get cracking on this work -- you probably won't hear from me until much LATER...
Michelle

Sherry -- I'm following your mantra

THINK CLEAN EATING

THINK CLEAN EATING

THINK CLEAN EATING

I didn't get up at 4:30 to ruin it all by eating sugar!!

THINK CLEAN EATING

THINK CLEAN EATING

Michelle
P.S. I think it's working!! :)

One more thing...

Gayle -- How did the balloon releasing go yesterday?? That is such a great idea -- especially for the boys to actually feel a little closer to daddy!! Thanks for sharing that with us yesterday -- you know we are here to share your joys and your heartaches -- I'm lifting my water to ya girl -- here's to 2008 hopefully a year filled with many joys and very little heartaches!! :)

Michelle

Good morning everyone! Just a quick HELLO! I'll BBL for some personals.

I ended up having my pizza and strawberry cake yesterday...:9 .

I have Legs tonight. I'm thinking I might do GS Legs or the 4DS Legs even though it's only 30 minutes long. Last time I did it I had some significant DOMS.

M#1: protein pancakes
M#2: green pepper stuffed w/3oz 93% lean beef, brown rice & onion. These smelled so delish cooking in the crockpot yesterday!
M#3: 1/2 can tuna, w/w wrap, & some chopped veggies
M#4: apple, string cheese
M#5: NO CLUE YET!!!
M#6: Chocolate-raspberry protein shake (BSN Lean Dessert choc pudding w/ 1/2 c 1% and handful of raspberries).

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is PUB and abs. I am really proud of myself for sticking with the program for the last week. I ate clean each and every meal and stayed on task with the workouts. I haven;t really lost any inches or weight yet, but I sure feel a lot better.

Gayle - I just have to say you are such an inspiration. Every time I read one of your posts, I get all fired up and motivated. You know exactly when to throw out the encouragement. I'm sure all the other ladies get motivated as well. Keep up the great work :)

Also, Did you find it beneficial to do your workouts on an empty stomach first thing in the morning? I know BFL recommends it but I tried it on Saturday and thought I would get sick and pass out. Maybe it's something I need to work up to if it would make that much of a difference.

Thanks for all you do.

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.