BFL for Mon Mar 03rd 2008

Good morning!

4DS chest & back on this fine morning. I’m pumped today. The workout was great. I did lots of the push-ups on my toes (some still on my knees, but that’s progress!). I better start going heavier before STS arrives (I finally caved this weekend). Did you see on the blog what Cathe was curling?!

I was reviewing my meals and realized that I probably haven’t been putting enough turkey on my turkey wraps, so piled it on today (still within BFL guidelines). I didn’t indulge too much on my free day - a piece of pizza and some ice cream. Happy news - all of the GS cookies are out of the house! DD finished delivering to neighbors and someone came by to pick up the rest to sell at work. No more temptation here! I did pick up the latest Clean Eating during grocerymax yesterday, but haven’t had a chance to look at it yet. However, we do have cake today celebrating the coming home of one of my coworker's babies - she was born 3 months early at 1 lb. 12 oz. She's a perfectly healthy 4 lbs. now. I'll try not to give in.

Belinda – What workout did you do today? Thanks for posting the recipes yesterday. I was all ready to make the quiches until I realized that I forgot to get the spinach on the grocery run.

Melissa – Wow! Awesome weight loss! Glad you are back to 100%. I’m also feeling so good about what’s going on that I don’t want to take a whole day to cheat. Just a little goes a long way.

Gayle – Great time on your run! Glad SO finally made it home so you could go.

Kathy – Your pics are showing progress! Great time on your run, too! I bought a Triathlon 101 book at the used book store in the library (only $1) and thought of you. I’ve got a lot of getting in shape to do before I venture forth for that one, but I’ll get there. You are an inspiration.

Heidi – I don’t envy your cleaning, but I’m sure you got in a great upper body workout. I know how much cleaning we’ve had to do with the little bit of dry wall work or floor refinishing that we’ve done. Hope you had some help.

Lanie – Thank you so much for posting the recipe list. And yes, eating out can be scary if we know what the numbers are for the food. That’s why I bring my lunch every day. So much healthier, and cheaper.

Rhonda – Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy today’s warm weather - doesn’t sound like it’s staying that way. I noticed that you often run on the treadmill; do you ever do any races?

All – I’m thinking about gearing up the GS’s for a ½ mile run at the community run in May, which is when I’m doing my end of Challenge #2 5K. Any suggestions for getting 9-10 year olds motivated and training a bit? My DD will be just fine, but some of the other girls . . . all thoughts welcome!

Hope everyone is getting a bit of warm (albeit wet) weather to keep you inspired for the day!

Hello and Good Morning,

Hi Belinda: It looks as though most of us are starting this week off with upper body. Have a great workout!

I guess I will too! This is a new week and start for me. :)

If any of you are doing 4DS...are you going to be doing the aerobics portion before or after the weights? Or just doing the weights? I started putting together my workout schedule yesterday by using the 4DS Rotation format. Just not sure if this is going to work out for BFL in this format. Also...might not have all that much time! :D

I won't be doing my workout until I get DS off to school. I have to first get DD up and out to the train.

I will be back to see what you all have to say about trying to schedule 4DS around BFL. Thanks for you input. :7 Heidi

Good morning Sherry!

I did PH abs + warm up from MM and 4DS Chest/Back+ Shoulder! My UB is fried right now! Chest fly, I went up to 25 pound each hand!

You welcome about the reipes! Oh, I know what you mean about the spinach! I done that before! LOL!

I will be back after my shower!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi Sherry,

Great job on your workout this morning! It is such a nice feeling when we see progress like being able to do more push-ups on toes or being able to finally conquer the pikes on the stability ball.:7

I was going over the STS blog pics and am now wondering if I can even do this! They are using incredible amounts in weights. Now I am looking at the benchmarks for Cathe on 4DS. 1X62# BB on underhand rows!? Yikes!

Glad you had a nice day yesterday. Not too bad on the eating either.
Do you use a scale for the amount of meat you are putting on your turkey wraps?

Yep..my back is a little sore today but I can do my workout just the same.

:)

Will be back in a bit. Time to get DD up. Heidi

Hey ladies! I'm baaaaaack!!

Wow, I've never been more excited for a workout plan -- until 9 weeks ago and Gayle got me going on this. 8 perfect weeks down and I didn't think anything could stop me -- geez, it is amazing what a pulled back will do to you. I tried and tried all week to be upbeat and positive and post when I could. But, I HAD to let my body heal (and my ego).

I think the biggest bummer was my interal alarm clock going off every morning at 4:30 -- ha ha!! Yes, it IS a habit now!

This morning I did PUB and it felt great! Last week is over and done -- and I'm not going to look back!!!

Michelle

Hi Belinda,

Wow!!!! 25#'s on the flies! I am using 12-15#'s. I really need to do more work on my weights! Great job.:)

Heidi

WELCOME BACK MICHELLE!!!!:)

Glad that you are feeling better today. Great job in getting in your workout too!
PUB makes me smile every single time no matter how many times I have done it.
:7

Enjoy your day and DOMS later.:D Heidi

Belinda: I think you might not be able to move your arms tomorrow!
}( Hurts soooo good doesn't it!!? ;-)

Have a great day. Heidi

Good morning gals! I need to read the last 3 days of posts and do my UB workout and will post later. I MISSED you all so much! I consider you all my closest friends and ones I can definitely count on.

bbl

Good morning, ladies!

MICHELLE-I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear you're okay! I was worried about you (did ya get my email?)!!! Take it easy, just to be sure you're 100% again! Great workout!

I have to tell you what I made yesterday! In the crockpot, I made the EFL Pot Roast (only with onions, no carrots or potatoes). I let it cook all day, then at night I took the roast and shredded the entire thing, and tossed in the onions after I chopped them. Mixed it all together! Today I’m going to make a big tossed salad and eat the beef/onion mixture on that, AND I’m going to also use some of the meat mixture in low-carb wraps for roast beef wraps! Doesn’t that just sound YUMMY?

OK…workout is DONE! WOWZERS! Why did I wait so long to play with 4DS????? I did Chest, Back and Shoulders! YIKES! My shoulders are FRIED! I need to increase the chest/back work just a bit, but I felt the burn, that’s for sure! These shoulders are going to sport some awesome DOMS tomorrow! HA!

Heidi-I’m tired just reading about all that work you’re putting into your house project! SHEESH! It’s like your own Heidi-produced Body Max 2! LOL As for 4DS, I’m doing just the weight work. My primary cardio is my training runs. Keep this in mind about BFL (and I got this from several of the veteran BFLers), that there are ALL kinds of methods to lift weights, and it IS good to switch things up now and then. And there’s no reason to ‘limit’ yourself to just one method (either for weights OR cardio). Focus on clean eating the 6 smaller meals, as you have been, and KEEP THE WORKOUTS (no matter what workouts you choose) INTENSE!

Sherry-You did great on Free Day! Enjoy your workout (I just got done…see my notes below! LOL). What month/issue is the Clean Eating mag you got? I keep forgetting to see which one I have and how often they’re supposed to be coming! BE STRONG WITH THE CAKE! Enjoy the baby instead and give her lots of snuggles and kisses! As for motivating the GS? How about everytime they complete a specific distance in ‘training’, they receive a pin or a sticker on a special card. Then when they hit a bigger goal, they get a BIGGER pin/sticker….then when they complete the actual event, they get a shirt? Is something like that is the budget???

Belinda-I’m on fire too! AWESOME weights, girl!!!
:7 :7

Good Morning,

Wow!, I'm late posting this morning and it's only 6:45 am.You girls sure to get up early. Yesterday was my free day and I wasn't home to post. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I am struggling on how to proceed with my workouts for the next month. I love lifting heavy and I have been doing so for the past 9 weeks, but I still haven't been losing the weight or inches I thought I would have by now. I haven't lost a thing in over 4 weeks and actually I feel thicker and flabbier around the middle. My eating has been clean except on free days. I just don't understand what is going on.

I am supposed to take the kids to Florida for Spring break in 4-1/2 weeks and I am so dreading it. I know I won;t be able to continue my workouts daily or maintain my clean eating. I wish I didn't have to go. Isn't that sad:-(

I am debating about doing Cathe's March rotation but it has a lot of cardio and I'm not sure how that will fit into the BFL plan. But, she claims it is a fat loss rotation. Maybe I need to burn the fat before I build the muscle. I'm so confused.

I haven't read all the posts from yesterday or Saturday so I'll be back later for personals.

Carolyn

Awesome Gayle! Thanks for the reminder too! You know me...I have been pretty much making my own schedule since day one. I guess I am getting a little intimidated by the weights.;-) We'll see how hard I can push them up today!!!!!

Hellooooo Stephanie! Missed you too.

Water is boiling for DD's tea...BBL Heidi

Carolyn-the 'secret' to the BFL weights is to make sure you are really REALLY pushing yourself with a weight that takes you to failure. Completely exhaust that muscle. And if that means you do BFL weights, Cathe weights, or whatever you choose, just make sure you're PUSHING YOURSELF to the brink! I peeked at the March rotation and it DOES look like a goodie. Do it as she has it set, if you'd like. THe extra cardio is not going to 'hurt' you, but you also want to make sure you don't burn out! (keep in mind, Kathy and I are doing more cardio simply because of our training, and we're BOTH still seeing results). PUSH YOURSELF!

Belinda-I LOVED the weight work in 4DS. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about was how she broke away from the beat of the music a few times and it threw me off.

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.