BFL FRIDAY.....New Year is approaching

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies. It's Friday, and I've been MIA on the boards these last few days. SORRY! Did I miss anything? Anybody? Anything new?

The kids and I hve been completely enjoying doing NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL all stinkin' week! lol I've been enjoying me Rest Week, but I have to tell you....my eating has been all over the board. I'm beginning to bloat and the scale is rising. I'm not all THAT worried about it, though, as long as I get back in the saddle on Monday for Challenge #2, and the bloat and scale number will start to dimish pretty quickly! I just ordered my Before and After pics online and will pick them up tomorrow. I'm going to fill out the official Challenge Packet this weekend, and by Monday, it will be on its way to BFL and Bill Phillips himself! LOL

So.....what's the latest and greatest??? Fill me in if I missed anything. I'll go back and look at the last few days' posts to check myself in a bit!

Gayle

Oh, ladies....quick question. There are other folks who have emailed me over the past 2 weeks or so, and a few are wondering if they could join, even though they're not doing BFL? I told them ABSOLUTELY......would you guys be opposed to titling the thread "12 Week Challenge" instead of strictly "BFL" so others that want to take on a 12 week challenge can join us freely? Just wanted your input.

Gayle

Good morning/afternoon Gayle and all!

Today was lower body - did GS Legs. Then took the dog for a one mile walk to loosen them up.

12 week challenge is a great title to the thread. I joined to help keep my eating honest, though joining in right before a week off and a house filled with chocolate hasn't exactly kept me on track. We stayed home all day yesterday and I had to indulge the DD in making fudge brownies.

This Sunday is officially the end of week 4. I'll take my measurements then, though the scale creeped up a bit since yesterday (those darn brownies). I really just need to stop the scale since I know the inches are down.

I'll join the many of you with the 4DS series. I'm still trying to figure out a rotation that fits in all of the workouts during the week but keeps it to 30-40 minutes on weekdays.

Hi Gayle and Sherry,
I am looking forward to the checkin also. The past couple weeks I have been eating way too much. I usually weight everyday, but havent in like 2 weeks..Im scared! I plan to take pictures on Sunday and weigh Monday morning. My highest weight ever (besides being pregnant) was 123..My goal is 112. I am 5'1" and I feel really good at 112...and feel really bad at 123. I have a major sweet tooth and I really hope this challange helps keep me away from sugar most of the time. I plan to us 4DS starting Monday with legs.
Take care

Hey guys.

Susan-like you, I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. It's kicked into high gear right now, lol. But, it also knows that come Sunday night, it's "good night, sweet tooth" for a while. I CAN control it, as long as I DON'T START! It's the first bite that kills me and starts a major attack! I can very EASILY say NO.....but not once I start. So MY secret is to NOT START in the first place.

Sherry-congrats on getting to Week 4!!! Isn't it so WONDERFUL to know that a successful week is behind you? One at a time! Great job!

OK....I've got the kids cleaning up the back yard. It's quite warm here, so I kicked them outside to clean up while I took care of the inside MESS! YUCK!

BBL

Gayle

OK...one more quick post.

I just posted on the Open Forum, inviting anybody to join us, anybody who would like to check in for the next 12 weeks.

My QUESTION, to Jennifer, Heidi, Colleen, Michelle, etc....do you guys want to combine our 'regular' BFL check-in with the 12 weeks check in, or would you rather keep it separate. I don't want to take anything away from anybody, so if you feel a BFL check in should stay separate, then we'll continue with that as well. I just wanted to check and NOT offend anybody or step on any toes.

Gayle

Gayle,
Do you splurge one day a week? If so, is it hard to get back on track?Do you avoid sweets all week? I soooo want to NOT want sugar.

Hi! I am doing the BFL Challenge starting on Mon and signed up online at the website. Will there be some packet as well I need to do? All it asked for was my basic info (address etc) and then said I was officially enrolled. When and where do I send my picture etc? I'm looking forward to getting started!

Hi Gayle,

NO PROBLEM GAYLE! Sounds great to me to combine these 2 12 week challenges. This way we can all chat and get to know one another. It doesn't matter what week your on as long as we can all support each other.

WELCOME: Sherry,Susan and CBelle!

Yesterday I put in PUB in the morning.

Today:
iTread Set 1 20min HIIT 7.0. Kind of tired today so I couldn't give it my all.
Abs from CoreMax #1 Great burner!}(

I have been in and out today and it will be like this for the next couple days. Please pardon me if I can't get back to any of you the next few days. :)
I am preparing for my trip next week weds. and this is becoming quite challenging in itself. I have to take the boys out for some clothes (shorts, tees and bathing suits) Where to find these this time of year...I haven't a clue.

I want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance. I look forward to checking-in with you all when I get back on the 15th of January.
I am taking my DD's portable so I will peek-in when I can.;-)

Hello to Jennifer, Colleen, Michelle, Rocky and all who follow.

Take Care, Have a safe one!
Heidi

Susan-I at according to BFL 110% of the way, the entire 12 weeks (with a minor slip up somewhere around Week 5, lol). I ate STRICTLY BFL for all 12 weeks, that means the 6 mini, balanced meals for 6 days of the week. Free Day, well, was FREE DAY! lol Very litle restrictions on that and I STILL made excellent progress. In the beginning, Monday was hard to start off again, but as the 12 weeks went on, it got easier a bit each Monday. Some MOndays, I just MADE myself get up and exercise because the food that sat in my stomach all Sunday night wasn't all that good come morning! lol But by Monday morning, I WANTED to eat cleanly again!

Cbelle-GREAT JOB on committing to the challenge! That's a HUGE step! As for the packet, don't expect to get one in the mail! lol I also signed up online, and I did THAT 13 weeks ago! lol I STILL don't have the packet, and my challenge ended Sunday! lol HOWEVER, I just called EAS directly and asked about the packet, and the guy told me that the online one was fine for submission. So I downloaded and printed it off. I'll be filling that one out and submitting it along with my before and after pics. All the info you need is in that packet, which can be found on the BFL website. You don't NEED to do anything about the packet NOW.....you fill it out and send it in when YOU ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! (btw, I'll be joining you for a fresh new 12 weeks on Monday as well)

Gayle

Heidi-have a safe trip. Have fun! Be careful....all those things MOMs are supposed to say! LOL ENJOY and Happy New Year to you as well!

As for the 12 Week Check In! I just want to make sure that IF we do ONE 12 week check in, that those of us doing BFL (however strictly or loosely) don't mind having one 12 week check in. If some would rather keep a separate BFL check in, to talk specifics, that's fine with me as well. I don't want to overstep by combining! I'll wait to hear what you all have to say!

Gayle

Well I am planning on eating 100%bfl also. I know the first few days without my dessert (fudgicle) after lunch will feel like pure torture..but I know I can do it!!!!

Susan-I know how you feel. For the first 6 weeks of my first challenge, I ate a bar (either EAS AdvantaEdge or Myoplex Lite bar) for meal #3 while I was at work. When I decided I wanted to TRY to cut out my daily bar, I felt deprived and like a lost child! lol I just kept thinking that change is good and it confuses your metabolism and energy supplies! lol

Gayle

Hi Gayle,
Thanks for asking our input. If you all don't mind, I'd rather keep them separate and we can post to both if we so desire. I say this because I get "check-in phobia" when there are lots of people. I can barely keep track of my own name and going's on (much less 25 others, lol). Sorry, I've got the short term memory of a gnat! :p ;-) I also like the fact that you ladies only talked BFL specific stuff last go round (yes, I lurked). ;)

But if everyone else prefers to keep one check-in, I'm still there (but will have to get over my phobia, lol). I'm so happy to have something to look forward to! I've already printed out my rotation schedule for 1/1 - 5/4 and I'm psyched!

Kathy G

Kathy-2 separate check ins is fine with me. Looking at my invitaiton post on the open forums, it looks like we WILL have a bunch of people dedicating 12 weeks, with all different programs. SO, most likely, there will be that 12 week challenge AND a BFL challenge check in. Sound good? I'm fine with that as well. Thanks for your input!

Gayle

p.s. I just printed off MY first week's rotation and I AM ALSO PSYCHED!

Do you mind me asking how you determine your rotation? This is what I am going to do..using 4DS to start with
Mon-lower body
Tues-upper body/cardio
Wed-cardio
Thurs-lower body
Fri-upper body/cardio
Sat- cardio
Sun-off
This is more cardio than bfl recommends I think...do you think this will hinder my results?
Thanks!

Hi Gayle, & Everyone!!!! :)

Sorry I have been missing in action most of the week..it's been crazy around the house w/ being off of work and the kids home. My eating has been horrible :( And, I seen my share of the mall way too much this week :)

Back on track next week though.
Hi to everyone~ Talk to you all tomorrow! :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.