BFL Friday 5/2

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning!

It's leg day - GS legs my workout today. Did get in a very good power walk yesterday at lunch. If we had showers at work, I'd be tempted to run.

It's TTOTM and last night I gave into chocolate ice cream. Hopefully that's my only binge. There wasn't that much left in the container, and now it's all gone.

Quick fly-by today. Hope all of you have great workout and a clean eating day!

Good Morning girls!

Sherry-i too had some icecream last night,i made sure that i got a very small bowl to put it in cause i know i big bowl would of been dangerous. looks like were going the same workout!!

todays workout is GS legs just the standing. Does anybody else do the leg presses firt on there? I have to do them first or i can't:+.

Gayle,Michelle-How about survivor last night:eek: Did you guys get a chance to watch it?

ETA-copy and paste,forgot to mention to you girls....

Girsl,i decided to not take those antidepressant meds.Hopefully i can just deal with it until my DH gets a job on first shift,afterall thats the reason all of these emotions started in the first place Im going to be easy on myself until then. No journaling,except for my workouts. No counting cals or anything like that. Im just going to watch what i eat and workout to whatever i feel like doing and hopefully i won't gain anyweight.

ok,bbl

yay,its friday!

Good morning Sherry! Oooh, GS legs, thats a good one! }( 2 more weeks until your race? Is it the 17th? Chocolate ice cream, YUM! Have a great day!

Amelia, have fun with GS Legs! I hear ya on the leg presses. When it's time for those, I have no energy left! That's a good idea to do them first.
I watched Survivor last night! I'm not a faithful watcher, but I enjoyed seeing that girl use the idol. Do you guys like her?

I am doing LIS/Bis/Tris...love that one! My legs are a little sore from yesterday's run.

I've been tempted to tell you all something for a couple of weeks so I guess it's time to share my good news!

We own a small construction company, water and sewer utilities (manholes, storm drains, etc.) which I handle the books for. Well, since the economy is the way it is work has been scarce, well actually, non-existent. So, I have been looking for a job to supplement our income. There were 2 positions open in the paper, TWO, in my field. It was discouraging right from the start! Well, on a Monday, 2 weeks ago, I had a chiropractor appointment. As I was laying on my belly on the table he asked me if I had a busy week planned. So I told him I was starting my job search that day. He said, oh really? What type of work are you looking for? I told him and he offered me a job, all while laying on the table! LOL So, I start on Monday! The pay isn't all that great, but his office is 2.1 miles from home and I get free chiropractic care! So, I guess those are percs, right? My hours are pretty cool too. Monday-Thursday, 7:30am-11:30am then 1:30pm-5:30pm. 2 hour lunch! If I miss my morning WO, I can do it at lunch! Can you tell I'm excited? I've never done the type of work I will be doing but I'm a quick study. I will be the receptionist who greets the patients then I lead them to the adjustment room, file insurance claims, answer phones, bill patients and help out in the therapy room. I will be busy most every minute, which is what I LOVE. Hate HATE sitting still/idle. All this week I have been doing a dry run...getting up at 5am, getting my WO in from 5:30-6:30am, then showering/hair/make-up, then walk to the front door by 7:20am. I've got it down! LOL When you work from home you don't have to dress up and all that stuff, so it is a big change for me! Gosh, I am rambling! So sorry to waste your time!

I hope everyone has a great day!

bbl

Good morning Sherry, Amelia ,Stephanie and all who follow!

I also have legs on tap for today! No sure what yet?

Sherry** enjoy your GS legs today! Great job on your walk yesterday!

Amelia** enjoy your GS legs as well today! No, I do the workout as is!

Stephanie** congrats on the job! I am so happy for you! Very exciting! Enjoy LIS/Bis/Tris today!

Need coffee, bbl!
Belinda

Stephanive-how about THAT for a job falling right into your lap.....or BACK, in this case! Congrats! I love those hours too! CONGRATS again!

Legs for everybody today, hugh??? I actually didn't get up this morning. Long story, but I didn't fall asleep until pretty late and I woke up a few times. I posted on the OD about the situation (post is titled....offending people, what they think of you....or something like that). So when the alarm went off, I just hit snooze too many times. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do anyway! :) I could use a good HARD cardio workout to take my mind off the baseball situation from last night (the OD post). But we'll see. No biggie if I don't get it in. It would be my first rest day of the week, and I start on Monday with Beka, and I know I'm in for it!;)

Today's plan.....some phone calls this AM, then work/school. Younger DS has his very first baseball game tonight in the coach-pitch league, and it's promising to be very humorous indeed!

Happy 100th BDay to my Grand Pop!!!!

ETA! Oh....Survivor was AWESOME last night. I really thought Amanda hadn't found that hidden idol! She blew them away. I think this has been the MOST interesting season since the first few!

Gayle

Gayle, Happy birthday to Grand Pop! Will the news team show up?

Sorry about your little league situation. What a jerk! You did nothing wrong! You are an awesome lady and you DO NOT deserve this! BTW, congratulations on the WIN! :7

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

I guess it looks like a leg day for quite a few of us! I will be doing my workout that I had planned for yesterday but never got to.

GS Legs
Ab hit #1

Adding in a 20min cardio workout as well.

Hello to Sherry, Stephanie, Amelia, Gayle and Belinda!

Gayle: Enjoy your rest day! Wow! 100 years old today! Happy Birthday to your Grandfather! Are you all going out together to celebrate?

I have to get DS off to school shortly. Then it is DD's turn to be dropped off at the train.

I had better get my workout in today! I guess we had something in common last night....ice cream! I just had a little bowl (pyrex bowl) and it was just enough. :) But then I ended up having wine with DH while watching Lost. That is a lot of sugar! Luckily I didn't end up with a headache this morning. Having sugar usually gives me one.

Have a great workout! Hello to all I missed.:)

Melissa: How is that tan coming? Really curious!!!

BBL after my workout. Heidi

Good morning ladies! Today's workout is "RegistrationMax". I'll let you know how that goes about 12:10 p.m. Anyone else signing up today? Melissa???

Sherry - Chocolate is totally acceptable during TTOTM. All calories and sugar are canceled out by hormones. It's a proven fact! ;)

Amelia - Have fun with GS legs! Those presses are definitely killer. :)

Since we are all confessing our dessert binges - I had 3/4 of a fudge brownie at work yesterday! :eek: I was good the rest of the day though, but could not resist. The caterer who brought them in is soooo good.

Stephanie - Congrats on the job!!! Way to be in the right place at the right time! ;) That's so nice that it is close to home too.

Belinda - Sounds like everyone is doing legs today! Have fun with whichever workout you decide on. :)

Gayle - You know I am totally behind you on the incident yesterday! Happy Birthday to your Grand Pop!!!

Heidi - You just had to go mention Wine... I'll have to pick up a bottle on my way home for my free day! ;)

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!! Little less than 3 hours until noon... :eek:

Thanks, ladies, for your support with the little league thing. I go from being CONFIDENT I did nothing wrong, to completely doubting my actions, back to confident! LOL I posted an update on the OD about it in the original post, in case you'd like to read it. It includes my email to the parents and THEIR response. TIME TO MOVE ON!!! I am stronger than this and have MUCH BIGGER fish to fry!!!

Grand Pop! What a guy! He had BOTH knees replaced at the ripe old age of 90!!!! BOTH KNEES! lol They're throwing him a party tonight from 6-9pm, which is making my mom and I laugh. 100 year old guy, who goes to sleep for the night at 7pm. And they're throwing him a party on FRIDAY night, from 6-9! The man is going to be snoring in his chair for the big group family picture! LOL THANKS for his BDay wishes.

Gayle

Morning!
Sherry – I wish we had showers too, I’d love to run or bike during lunch but would hate to be sweaty all afternoon!

Amelia – How are you feeling? I don’t like to take medications either. I hope your spirits and body are feeling much better.

Stephanie – Congratulations on the job! Wow, what luck! It sounds like a very fast paced interesting job. Let us know how you like it.

Belinda – Enjoy your leg day!

Gayle – So sorry (I’ll have to go read the thread in OD). Happy B’Day to you Grandpa! Woohoo! That’s so funny, I hope he enjoys his *late* night. ;)

Heidi – DH watches Lost, too. I think I watched the first season and then the recap show they had on last year…..but I’m “Lost” again and haven’t been able to get back into it, lol. I have Survivor taped to watch tonight.

Liann – Good luck with the registration. I’ll be crossing my fingers for you! Two words girl…..TYPE FAST! ;)

Well, rest day today and I’m feeling pretty good physically but had a minor run in with *2* Dunkin Donuts bagels with a little cream cheese this morning, lol. I stopped on my way to work to and picked up the first one with a cup of coffee. I was eating it at my desk when the phone rang and I had a *minor* irritating crisis. I felt frustrated after and since someone else brought bagels into work too….guess what? I went and had ANOTHER one. Ugh, my stomach hurts, lol. I never eat that much wheat in one sitting….guess I’ll be paying the price for this one in the afternoon! :p

Kathy

Good morning ladies -

First off - sorry I haven't been doing personals lately - I even wrote them out yesterday -- and then the boss came in and work took over! So, let's try a few...

Gayle - I'll have to go over and read what is going on -- will chat later about it!!!

Belinda - How was 27 dresses?! I was thinking of getting it tonight - DH is out of town! :)

Amelia - Way to go on not taking the meds. If you need them, then I'm all for taking them ... but I'm proud of you that you are going to try and work through this. Know that we all go through ups and downs ... there would be no 'ups' if not for the 'downs' -- hang in there and keep us posted! That is what we are here for!!!

What's with the chocolate yesterday? First Sherry, then Heidi, and now Liann -- too funny -- the more I read the more I laughed!! :) I keep skinny cow in the fridge at ALL times!!

Stephanie -- YEAH!! That job sounds PERFECT!! I'm soooo excited for you. And the perks - wow, you can't beat it! Okay, I get up early to work out before work -- so come join me!! :)

Melissa - Are you tan yet???

Of course I can't forget Kathy! Will be thinking about you this weekend!! Who else? Hello to Sue, Carolyn... TGIF ladies!!! Hopefully it will be a slow day for me at work and I can catch up with you all!!

Michelle

I'm laughing out loud at you too Kathy -- a minor run in with 2 bagels - funny!! Isn't it nice to know we all give in at times?! And thank goodness we have each other to confess too!! Now you can move on!!

Michelle

Okay ladies, today must be confession day! Last night I had two of my MIL's from-scratch cookies. I don't make them often for DH, but decided to surprise him on Monday night with a batch. They are so bad: lots of white flour, white sugar, butter, even some crisco mixed in there..x( I don't really even enjoy them all that much but it didn't stop me from eating them. Thankfully it was before doing CC#1, so I think that's why I really gave it my all last night. I tried as hard as I could to spin those 2 cookies off of me!!

Amelia - hang in there girl. Keep us posted on how it's going. We are always here for you.

Stephanie - congratulations on that job. Those hours are awesome, especially since you live so close. I would love to be able to go home for 2 hours in the afternoon. I would get so much done!

Gayle - I read your post last night. That's an awful thing to go through, but I think you've done all you can to rectify it in your own heart and mind. Time to move on! You didn't do anything wrong and you can't control other peoples thoughts and feelings. And HAPPY BDAY TO GRANDPOP! I hope he doesn't snore too loud tonight!!!

Heidi - I used Dave's all over last night and woke up slightly beige! I'm pretty happy with it actually, even though I'm all covered up in long pants and long sleeves today! Where did the nice weather go?!?!

Liann - you got your fingers ready girl?!?!? I'm registering today. I know I'll kick myself in the BOOTAY if I don't! Are you planning on being there for the Friday morning step class?

Kathy - LOL about your minor run in this morning! You'll work those bagels and cream cheese off this weekend for sure!

Michelle - I wouldn't say I'm exactly tan, but I'm less white that I was yesterday...:p

LB for me tonight too girls! I think I might try BBC Legs. I'll have to preview it first. It's been a long time since I've done that one.

Speaking of nice weather, a girl here at work won a 7-night cruise to Bermuda on a local radio station last night. I was so excited for her when she told me that I literally jumped out of my chair! Now all I can think about is warm weather and the beach. That and my parents are in Aruba for two weeks and they call me every night to tell me how fantastic the weather is!! I need the summer to get here QUICK!!

BBL!

Belinda - I'm hitting Blockbuster after work tonight! A little butter-free popcorn and it's a date! :)

Melissa - Put it on again tonight -- and you'll be sporting a really nice tan all weekend! :) It took me two days to really see it!

Michelle

Hey girls,just popping in to report my workout! Finished gs legs/standing and then did some core work! Ive got a blister on my foot so i will take off tommorrow and do ub and a walk on sunday and that will complete my week

Thanks for all your kind words and support,i will bbl:)

ETA

CONGRATS STEPHANIE on your Job!!WHOOOHOOOO!!! How cool is that to go to the chiropractor and get a job there! AWESOME!!! High fives!!!!

Thanks Carolyn! The only issue was that the "click here" button didn't populate until like 12:05!

As if I wasn't stressed out enough!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.