BFL for Fri Mar 07th 2008

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout! I did abs from CTX leaner legs + stretch from S & H Bicpes + 4 DS Biceps & Triceps!

I finally caved and opened the new weight set! I used it with Triceps and Biceps today! I loved it! My DH is also looking at a squat rack for me! Soon I have my own gym again!

Heidi** I do have 3 DVD players in the US! Just hate to spend money constantly!

Stephanie** don’t worry the weight will come off! Give it a few days until you step on the scale again!

Melissa** that is funny! Last night I was looking for sweets in my house! I didn’t have anything good in the house! LOL! The last 9 weeks I wasn’t graving sweets at all and now I do! What is going on?

I will be back for personals!
Belinda

P.S. My DH forgot to take my computer! He, He...

Good morning Belinda!

Yeah, you opened the new weight set! And now maybe a squat rack? Your DH is really a great guy.

I was MIA yesterday. Dog woke up about 4 times the night before wanting to go out. Of course, all she wanted to do was play in the snow! I needed the sleep in the a.m., so my workout never happened. Had to cave in for a Coke to get some caffeine to keep me going during the day, and I NEVER drink caffeine. I was wired all day. I don't like that chemical induced feeling. I'm blaming it for my small indulgence into chocolate.

To get me back on track, today was yesterday's cardio - Kickbox. It would have helped the shoulder DOMS yesterday - felt like were lead weights attached to my torso. LOL! I really like Kickbox; how does it compare to KickMax or KPC? I think I need to expand my collection.

I going to try to squeeze in the legs after work so I can get back on track with my rotation this week, and get the heavy leg workout in 2 days before I run on Sunday. If I do legs on Sat, I'm afraid they'll have DOMS too bad for a good run.

Good morning to all who follow. I promise personals tomorrow.

Morning,

Today will be upper body as well. Probably PUB then I will try some exercises on the weight machine. My DS helped me last night with the weight machine and bar. I feel comfortable trying it on my own.

Belinda - Did you find the bar too long for bicep work?

Sherry - I love the 4DS kickbox. My second choice would be KPC them Kickmax. Although Kickmax has a killer leg workout. I need to work on getting back on track as well.

Gayle - Congrats on PTA President. I have been on our PTA Executive Board for the past 11 years., This is my last year!!Hooray!! I first started out as yearbook treasurer then for the past 5, I have been the Box Tops Coordinator.

Melissa - Those dang GS cookies were calling my name too }( But I didn't stop at 2 like you did, I ate half a sleeve, YUCK!!!I really feel the bloat today, especially in my face.

Hello to everyone who follows.

Carolyn

Good Morning BFLers

Today is gs legs for me,and abbs first! I got me some weight gloves wednesday so iam eager to try them out today, love new workout stuff:7

Im trying the chicken quesadialia's(or however you spell it) from the eat for life book....they look delish! Everything in there just looks delish,i always get hungry looking at the pics!

Belinda-you answered my question from the other thread,you did open your new bb set,yay! Glad to hear you like it too!~ So your dh is looking for you a squat rack,how fun! Great workout already!

Sherry-I know what you mean about caffeine! I have been drinking it for years in the morning,coffee.last week i switched to lite coffee(less caffeine)and OMG,by the end of the week i was depressed,sad. My doc said that my body could have been going through withdrawls...caffeine is a power drug! I wish i could get off of it,and arificial sweetners too:-(! Enjoy your workout today

ok,bbl

Hello and Good Morning,

Belinda: Great job on 4DS Bi/tri. Quite the mix on abs and stretch!

Sherry: Good for you getting in your workout! I had to do the same thing about combining my workouts. I am feeling that workout I did yesterday BIG TIME!

Today's workout:
4DS Bi/Tri and core
Need extra stretching too! So I am going to add Yoga Conditioning for Athletes from Rodney Yee.

I hope everyone has a great day! I have a big research project to do today at work. So I might not be able to get back until tonight.

Have a great workout as well. BBL Heidi

Good morning. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I needed to take a step back from the PC the last few days. I find myself sitting in front of my computer too much, pushing everything else off, and that’s not working for me at home. It’s not you ladies….it’s just me sitting here, vegging while I surf the net, this site, BFL site, etc.

I’ve shifted things around a bit for my workouts. I’ve been feeling like I’m just not getting out of them, what I WANT and NEED to get out of them. So this morning I went back to your basic BFL lower body weight work! And WOW! LOL I even changed things in this workout too, like using DBs, or raising my heels (see below). I may not have maxed out on all the exercises because my heaviest DB is a set of 30s, but I wanted to just switch it up and confuse the body. I’ll tweek numbers from here using a BB! I really LIKED this workout! (I posted it below at the end).

Today, since I didn't get to clean my friend's house Wed, I'll be doing that right after the bus. Then it's work/school. Then home for a quiet evening. The PTA is having movie night for the 3-5th graders, so we may be doing that tonight, but we'll see. I PROMISE to check in after work! (and report how my little legs are feelin' too! HA!)

Gayle

BB Squats
12 – 80#
10 – 90#
8 – 100#
6 – 110#
12 – 90#
Leg Extensions
12 – 90.75# (increase all these sets next time)

Deadlifts with DBs on step
12 – 15s
10 – 20s
8 – 25s
6 – 30s
12 – 20s (increase all these sets next time with BB)
Leg Curls on bench
12 – 57.75 (I don’t like these so much, lol)

Leg Extensions on bench
12 – 55#
10 – 66#
8 – 77#
6 – 88#
12 – 66#
DB Squats with heels raised
12 – 30s

Angled Calf Raises with DBs
12 – 15s
10 – 20s
8 – 25s
6 – 30s
12 – 20s
Single Calf Raises
12 – 30s (need to increase all these somehow, but don’t have more DBs)

Plie Squats with DBs
12 – 15s
10 – 20s
8 – 25s
6 – 30s
12 – 20s
DB Squats with heels raised
12 – 30s (increase using BB)

Morning everyone,

This has been an off week for me. This cold thing put me down for two days and now I have the congested cough so I figured cardio would not be a good thing to do. I don't need to cough up a lung :) Needless to say no energy for weights either ;( so I took the week off.

I really would like to to Tracey's Walk Strong on Saturday but not sure if my head/chest will agree with me. Will see how I feel in the morning.

Gayle - printed off your leg routine. Looks good and now I need to up my weights. Leg ext and leg curls are tough for me to increase but hopefully little by little I can get it up there.

Question for those who squat really heavy - do you have a brace you wear to protect your back. I have gone up to 65 lbs on squats and wondered how heavy to really go since I have heard you should wear a brace to help protect the back. What is your thinking? maybe this is the old way of thinking.

Welcome Amelia.

Rhonda

Hello Rhonda and Gayle,

Gayle: Great workout! I too printed out your weight sheet.:) Some of the exercises I am pretty close to yours but I will have a challenge now.;-) I am going to give 4DS 2 weeks and then head back to SH,GS and Pyramids. 4DS isn't as long or hard like the others. So mixing it up seems better for me.

Rhonda: Let your body heal. Rest and plenty of fluids for you. Get well soon.:)

Hello Amelia and Carolyn: Have a great upper and lower body workout your two.:)

Ok...ready for my workout. BBL Heidi

Hi girls,

I did my workout this morning! Cleaned my floors! I just came back from my doggy walk! I walked them dogs good today! They both are sleeping right now! I am tired too!
I still have to eat lunch! It is almost going on 3:30 pm!

Sherry** sorry, you didn’t get enough sleep last night! Your little puppy likes snow, how cute! I hope you get all your workouts in today! Sounds like you will have lots of DOMS this weekend! I don’t drink coke or soda! I do drink coffee! Whatever it takes to get you through the day!

Amelia** I am glad you enjoyed your leg workout today!

Heidi** great workout this morning! I never pulled my Rodney Yee DVD out! I keep forgetting that I have that DVD! Have fun with your big research project today!

Carolyn** how did you like using the bb? No, I didn’t think it was too big! It was a little heavy using it with triceps! I guess I have to work my way up on that! With biceps I was fine! Loved it!

Gayle**congrats on PTA President! I feel the same way, sitting in front of the computer way to much! I will blame the weather for now! LOL! Once summer start I will be more outside! Your workout looks really great!

Rhonda** hope your feel better soon! Go get some rest! I do have a squat brace!

Hi to everyone that follows today! I am going out with DH! I will be back! I am so hungry!
Belinda

Hi everyone!
Sorry, one more day of a quick drive-by here (I just got notice we’re having a staff meeting in a few minutes).

I did a Heavy BFL Lower body workout + 30 minutes of spinning (using a JohnnyG DVD) + Amy Bento abs (standing) and LL abs.

Kathy

P.S. Gayle, I’m maxing out on my dumbbells right now too. I have a set of PowerBlocks that go from 5-45 lbs. but need to up some exercises next time. I have a couple of platemate sets (dumbbell and hex) that I might be able to add to take it up to 50 but that’s probably max. Yikes, I don’t think I can afford 50 lb. dumbbells!

I'll try to check back in and do personals during lunch or this evening. BBL.

BFL Lower Body
Barbell Squat -
12 reps @ 110 lbs.
10 reps @ 115 lbs.
8 reps @ 120 lbs.
6 reps @ 125 lbs.
12 reps @ 120 lbs.
Leg Extension - 12 reps @ 90 lbs.

DB Deadlifts (weight is per dumbbell) –
12 reps @ 30 lbs.
10 reps @ 35 lbs.
8 reps @ 40 lbs.
6 reps @ 45 lbs.
12 reps @ 40 lbs.
Bulgarian Lunge (or squat?) - 12 reps @ 25 lbs. each

DB squat (weight is per dumbbell) –
12 reps @ 30 lbs.
10 reps @ 35 lbs.
8 reps @ 40 lbs.
6 reps @ 45 lbs.
12 reps @ 40 lbs.
Leg Extension - 12 reps @ 90 lbs.

Barbell Static Lunge -
12 reps @ 85 lbs.
10 reps @ 90 lbs.
8 reps @ 95 lbs.
6 reps @ 100 lbs.
12 reps @ 95 lbs.
Bulgarian Lunge (or squat?) - 12 reps @ 25 lbs. each

DB two legged angled out calf raise (weight is per dumbbell) -
12 reps @ 30 lbs.
10 reps @ 35 lbs.
8 reps @ 40 lbs.
6 reps @ 45 lbs.
12 reps @ 40 lbs.
One legged calf raise (one dumbbell w/one leg on step)-
12 reps @ 45 lbs. each

Hey guys. QUick stop for me.

Rhonda-this is just my 2 cents. But I've always been of the opinion of using no braces, wraps, etc. I just always felt that it would allow me to rely on it a bit too much. This all goes back to high school/college for me, when I was fighting some ankle issues during Volleyball and Basketball seasons. Trainers, coach and even a Doc suggested an air cast to be worn at any and all practices/games. I turned them all down, for that reason....I did not want to become dependent of it. My thought was that as long as I worked it and worked it CAREFULLY, it would strengthen itself. And it did. No problems now, to this day! KNOCK ON WOOD! LOL But that's just me.

Heidi-yeah, I feel bad that I didn't really give 4DS a chance, did I? lol Just something didn't feel 'right' to me this week. And oh how I hate leg curls! LOL I could have gone heavier on all the sets (except the leg curls, lol), but with using the DBs, I top out at 30#ers! I haven't found a good deal on 35ers yet!

Headed out to school.

Gayle

forgot to see if anyone watched Survivor. If not then don't read on as it is a spoiler....

I still cannot believe that Chet hasn't been voted off. How lucky can one guy get? Then again is it luck??

Will be interesting now that they have combined tribes. Anyone have a person they would like to see win? I have to cheer for our hometown person Erik. I almost died when I seen the small town Pinckney, MI up on the screen but we lived there for years until moving 20 minutes northwest. In-laws still live there. Funny because he works in Hell at the ice cream shop.

Not sure who else I really like this time around. Ozzy I could do without, he is bugging me this time. I like him the first time around but something that bugs me this time.

Rhonda

Happy Friday everyone!

Belinda - maybe it's a "9-week" thing? I feel better knowing that I'm not alone though! Glad to see that you like your new weight set. I hope your DH gets you a squat rack. It makes such a difference, you'll love it!

Carolyn - sorry to hear that the GS cookies go to you. It's hard to stop once you start, huh?!

Gayle - nice LB workout! I see you did dead lift on a step. Have you ever tried it with a wide stance? I just recently started doing these and they really get those hammies good! Oh, and I don't like leg curls either. I just can't get comfortable lying on the bench that way.

Rhonda - I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

Hi to anyone that I missed!

BBL

Hey girls,no time for personals right now-just popping in to report my workout~did GS legs standing...man i hate those slow-motion lunges :+

Im trying something new ,starting today with my eating! Still BFL,but im NOT eating anything unilt one hour AFTER my workout. I did it today and I think once my body gets use to it-it won't bother me as much. So my first meal is around 10 every morning! tommorrow is my free day,WI,measurements so i will start back to doing this on sunday!

lets see if it changes how the scale moves}(

and real quick,I did watch survivor last night,and OMG,i too can't believe joel got voted off and whats up with chet????? He is so weak?

I don't really have a favorite one yet,i do think that blond headed lady that is close to chet is playing the game well...maybe she deserves to win?

bbl

Hello to everyone,

Kathy: Have a good day at work. I will be heading out shortly myself. I have to get ready for a safety fair in NM which usually has about 3500 people show up.
Great workout! You and Gayle really can lift heavy!!!! }(

Gayle: I just finished 4DS bi/tri. I didn't go as heavy as I would for PUB again because I wasn't sure about the routine. I will have to go through these weight workouts to find that max weight load.

Melissa: PS I sent the donuts.... ;-) BE GOOD!:) What are your workout plans for today? Great job on adding in those pushups last night! :D

Rhonda: I am not a reg. watcher of Survivor but I did catch it last night. The guy that got kicked off was pretty selfcentered I thought.

Hi Amelia: Great workout! Those slow lunges get you good everytime!:)

Gotta go! BBL Heidi Have a great day!

Hi to everyone else checking in later!

Heidi - you are pure EVIL!!}( BLF UB tonight. Does lifting donuts count as an UB workout? Just kidding, I didn't eat one!

OK, it's been a busy morning. I had to get groceries while Ewan was at nursery school and then put them all away. Also, I didn't make my BFL plans for today late night like I usually do, so I did that after I put the groceries away. Now Ewan is back home and I need to figure out when I to fit in my lower body work today. I think I might try doing a traditional BFL lower body workout. I hope I can do it before he naps so I will have that time for something else (like maybe a nap--still very tired).

Ewan (who's 2) seems to be talking about Mickey Mouse kissing Goofy--not sure what that's all about.

Hope to BBL to report my workout and do personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.