BFL FFFFFFinally FFFFFriday!!!!

banslug

Cathlete
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Friday Morning, ladies!

I just want to get in a REALLY quick post before I go shower...so here goes:

Up early, PLB in its entirity.

I've emailed Heidi and Michelle the recipe file I put together. (I'm planning on adding to it as I use more recipes.)

I'll be back after I get the kiddos on the bus. I have to be at the school by 10am for the Christmas Party, so I've got time ALONE this morning!!!!!!!

Gayle

p.s. ONE MORE WORKOUT TO COMPLETE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!

Hi Gayle and everyone,

I am soooo glad that it is Friday. Last day for DS for quite a while.

:)

I am going to be busy again today with orders and last minute shopping. I have my BD today...44! Eeeek! I can't believe I am that old! At least my kids told me they don't think of me as 44 because I don't look it. That was really sweet if them. ;-)

I had all the kids here last night which was nice. I really miss my oldest son and only see him once a week now. (Mainly for him to come do his laundry);-) Of course he eats and hangs out with me. He is also very close to my youngest son and plays games with him.

Going to try again this morning to get in my workout. Hopefully my DH sleeps in really late so I can get this done. I haven't lifted weights for 7!!! days now!

Thank you Gayle for the recipes! Will be doing my homework before going shopping later.;-)

BBL Heidi :)

Hey just checking the Forum and came across the label printing info.
(This information was started by Sandra/Fiddlefit...Thanks Sandra!)

Here is the link if you would like to print out your own calendar labels. :) You can find them at :

http://www.cathe.com/Stickers_Start.htm

TGIF Ladies ~ :)

Gayle~ YAY!! Coming down the home stretch, 1 more workout to go! Can't wait to see those final pics! :)
Would you mind emailing me a copy of the recipes? My work email is; [email protected]

Heidi~ HAPPY, HAPPY B-DAY! :):):) Doing anything fun? Save me a piece of cake :9 I'm w/ you, I haven't been great getting my workouts in this week, I missed 2-days so far. How old is your son? My son is 16 (17 in April)...only time I see him is when he wants money or like you said laundry!

Today is another Xmas Party @ our Quarry. I don't think I will be going unless my boss decides to go and then I feel I have to go! Ya know? Hope to eat as clean as possible!!

BBL-
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

[font color=green font size=+4]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEIDI!!![/font]

Jennifer-I'll email the recipe document right now!!!

Gayle

Good morning ladies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!!! 44 is NOT old!!!! :)

You gals are scaring me talking about your boys -- mine is almost 10. I went up to the school for lunch the other day and without even thinking walked up behind him and hugged and kissed him. He was so embarrassed. (I knew this day was coming.) When I left he said, "See ya mom" and walked away. Ugh. I was so sad!! So I had to get extra hugs at home that day!

Thanks for the recipes Gayle. One more workout!! Gee, that's more exciting than Christmas!!

I got a heating pad thing for my back yesterday. Tossed it in the microwave and WOW that feels good!! I think maybe I'll be able to do a workout tomorrow. I HAVE to figure this out and keep it from happening again. I never "pull" it while working out -- so at least I must have good form doing that. I just have to be more careful when I playing with the kids.

BBL-
Michelle

Hi Jennifer and Michelle,:)

Thank you all for the Happy Birthday's!:7

Jennifer: My DS (the oldest is 22!) my youngest boy is 12 (reminded me yesterday that he is almost 13!)
I am suppose to go shopping with my DH for my birthday present from him. I have no idea right now what I would like to get.

I wonder who is going to make my cake today????

Michelle: I hope your back gets better soon. I am lucky that my children still hug me in public.;-)

Hi Gayle: I checked my email box for the recipes...something must have gone wrong with the delivery.:-( I use my business email at:
[email protected] Could you try again? :D Thank you so much...this is my BD present from you.;-)

Going to go exercise now BBL :7

Michelle-yes...sometimes I think completing this Challenge IS more exciting than Christmas this year! LOL

Heidi-I just tried to send it again. Let me know!

I'm headed out the door for the school Christmas party. BBL, with a HOUSE FULL OF BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Just peeking in...
running on treadmill...itread set 1 20min

Thanks Gayle..I will check this out when done. :)

Thank you Michelle! I will let you know what my DH had me get.

BBL Heidi

I have some thoughts/questions about BFL.

Why do you think it works?

I mean I've been watching Gayle's posts. She has been exercising and running races for awhile and working out with Cathe prior to BFL -- so why did this program have such HUGE results in just 12 weeks? Was it just the food? Would you say you could have continued exercising the way you were and just changing your way of eating? Or is the 20 minutes at your MAX really better than the cardio junkies.

Do you think the water made a difference? Did you not drink as much before?

I think the protein and weights have a lot to do with it. Doesn't matter if your lifting heavy and not eating protein -- and also doesn't matter if your eating protein and not lifting weights. I see how they go hand in hand.

I'm just so curious. Being one that has been eating and working out BFL -- only 80% -- why is it you only really get "HUGE" results doing it 100%?

Thanks,
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

One thing you have to keep in mind about any program is that these work differently for different types of people.

I have found that working out with weights (not as heavy) and adding in more cardio days worked for me.
I tend to run 20min first then lift and then run again 20min.

Cardio only days are spent on longer runs or any cardio type of exercise upwards of 50-60min.

Today's workout was:

Warm-up with SH
Run iTread Set 1 at 20min
then do the weights...Chest and stretch

I have to finish the program tonight because I ran out of time. (My DH is waiting for me to go shopping)

So tonight I will do:
warm-up
SH back and abs.
iTread 20min again (really like this one because it isn't too over done for doing weights on the same day.:)

(I had to skip push-ups and also will skip the planks because my RT wrist can't take any full body weight.)

Eating-Clean and getting in water instead of soda's or juice which is loaded with sugar. This has worked for me and I have lost 8.5#'s in the last 5 weeks. Note: I was stable on weight first 1-4/5 weeks until I added more cardio in.

Trial and error is the key to any program. :D Keeping track of your schedule for this long of a period really gives you an idea as to how well you are doing and what changes you have made.

Keep up the good work and you will see for yourself. ;-)

Michelle-like Heidi said, I say that it may not be exactly BFL that works so well. I think what needs to happen is that you need to decide what you are going to do. How are you going to eat? How are you going to exercise? How are you going to MAKE IT HAPPEN? THEN DO IT and do it CONSISTANTLY! THAT is the key, in my opinion. A healthy lifestyle that incorporates clean eating and an exercise routine AS A LIFESTYLE.

Just my 2 cents.

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.