BFL 01/12 Weekend Check-In

Hi again,

Ok...I did it! I placed my order for STS and the other DVD's I was thinking of getting. I ordered the CM & CK, CH and DM. Thank you for your advice on these everyone. I can't wait to add them to my workout list.:)

Hey Belinda! I saw you ordering that STS.:D Did you order any other DVD's? How are you today? What is your workout plan?
Yeah! Your hubby is coming home with gifts for you!
Great job on your workout by the way.:)

Melissa: Quite the cardio blast for you yesterday.}( I picked up the Clean Eating magazine last night when I had to go out to get DH's medicine. I just had to laugh going through it because Gayle's and my words of advice were just about word for word on page 110. "There is no magic pill" etc.

Michelle: Great job on getting in PUB yesterday.

Susan: I hope your daughter feels better today.

Gayle: Tell me about it! Those car problems never end here! I still have to get my front end fixed from DD's accident last month.

On to my workout! DH is up and following me around...have to go. BBL Heidi

Good Morning!
Hiedi-hope you are having a nice workout! Is your dh feeling better?

I am FINALLY down 2 pounds as of this morning!

DD is fine! We played most of yesterday. I guess we all need a day of hookie here and there!

I am sooo wanting to order sts!

For my "free" days I have really got to be careful. I am an all or nothing girl, which I have been working on, so in the past I would tend to just eat myself sick! I am giving myself 500 cals to play with tomorrow. I am feeling really good and just don't want to blow it!
Today will be cardio..I am thinking ImaxI..and a family bike ride later.
Hope everyone is doing great today!

Hi girls,

My workout this morning was CTX Step & Intervals! 35 min. w/ stretch.

Heidi** I ordered the STS this mooring! Maybe I should have waited for the for the audio version for the gym? I hope this series isn’t too complicated! No, Heidi I didn’t order any other DVD’s! The Classics volume 1 is the only DVD I don’t have! My DH is home, sleeping!

Susan** congrats on your weight loss! Enjoy IMAX 1 and your bike ride today!

Mellissa ** thank you for the mini egg quiches recipes! They look really good! I will make them this weekend!

Big HALLO to the rest of the gang!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning!

I'm here, but moving slowly. The DOMS from yesterday's heavying up kicked in. Plus, we went to see a movie (Juno - enjoyed it, witty dialouge, very entertaining) and dinner (I was good until dessert. Well, the wine, too, but really, DH and I don't go out to a nice dinner often), so I was up way much later than usual. Anyway, I need to loosen up before I get exercising this a.m.

Heidi & Belinda - your spending sprees are tempting me!

Susan - Yeah! 2 pounds. Enjoy your free day.

Ok, now to read yesterday's thread and be back later, after I workout and with personals.

Hello all you early birds!!

Okay, I think it is FINALLY starting to become HABIT!!! I woke up this morning at 4:30. WHAT??!!! Of course, knowing it was Saturday, I rolled over and went back to sleep. By 6:00, I just couldn't sleep anymore. Knowing I wanted to work out before I posted ....that's my motivation.

So, I read everything I could get my hands on the last few days about to get rid of that "belly" fat. Eating well of course is the main thing -- but it looks like a lot of ladies think running really trimmed them down. So, I hit the dark streets this morning. Ugh, did you all know I HATE cardio??? He He!

Well, 2 miles later I walked back into the house, not even breathing hard. My husband was like, how far did you run? Couldn't believe I actually did 2 miles my first time out!!!

Anyway, just had to brag -- it's the little things with me!!

Ohhhh, I so want to order those new DVDs!!!

Michelle

Hi Belinda, Sherry and Michelle-
Good workout Belinda!
Sherry-good for you enjoying yourself with dh! When you wake up have a great workout.
Michelle..I am impressed with your run...you go girl! Lets just say BYE BYE to belly fat!

Belinda-I vote to do iTread 13 first. They’re pretty much the same, though. So you can’t go wrong! ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!!

Michelle-WOO HOO on the running, girl! I do have to agree that running has done wonders for my abs, especially my lower abs with that mommy pooch! lol GREAT job getting up early too! I LOVE IT!

Hey, Sherry. Enjoy the lingering effects of DOMS! What workout is on tap for today???

Susan-enjoy your Free Day tomorrow! I’ve been trying to keep focused on controlled portions as well. DRINK EXTRA WATER TOMORROW, too!

Heidi-I’m excited for you and those new DVDs you added onto your STS order! I can’t wait to see what you think of Cardio Kicks. It’s old, and Cathe’s form is MUCH worse than it is in her more recent kickbox stuff, but the DOMS I get from this workout! WOW!

OK….workout this morning was Imax 3 (intervals 1-7) and BM2 abs. My goal was just the first 5 intervals, but then I kept saying, “just one more”. lol But my legs were really feeling it by interval 7, and my heart rate was thru the roof. I hit them hard earlier this week with 2 outdoor runs in GORGEOUS weather. I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to tomorrow’s rest day so my legs can catch back up to the rest of my body. I can definitely feel that I worked hard this week. Lifting the laundry basket and walking up stairs….what else can I say?

Last night, DS, BF’s DD and I played Wii Sports and Wii Play for over 2 hours, and I’m feeling the effects in my arms and upper back! LOL LOVE IT! I think tonight we might get out Dance Dance Revolution and dance off some calories too!

Headed out the door in a bit (after my STS purchase, of course) for a few errands. Then we have a basketball game this afternoon, and then I’m RESTING the rest of the weekend!

BBL to say HI again!

Gayle

ETA: Just came back to say I preordered STS using the 3 payment option (makes it much easier to handle now with my car).

Catching up. Oh my gosh you all said a lot yesterday!

The eating support from all of you is working. Yesterday I bypassed the bagels and cookies all day long at work, ‘course I knew we were going out later and didn’t want to really blow it.

Belinda – I’m sure you are glad DH is back. Enjoy those protein shakes! I need to appreciate what easy access I have to all the stores to get the “clean food”. I’m becoming more and more convinced that it’s what we eat that affects us the most, with the working out coming in 2nd. We let out Costco membership expire a while back. Every trip was just getting too expensive (too much impulse buying). Repetition is boring, I agree, but right now I need it to get the routines down and because I still need to expand my Cathe collection.

Susan – Glad your dog is doing better. They are just another member of the family. As for Kroger – we used to live in Memphis for a while, where I shopped at “The Pig” (Piggly Wiggly) or Seesel’s – a Memphis store. I didn’t like the Kroger in the midtown area where we lived. But here in Southeast Michigan, it’s where I typically go. Trader Joe’s (very good for a few things) and Whole Foods (way pricier but excellent food) are both close by, but most often it’s Kroger. And the Vitamin Shoppe for protein powder. As for the weight, I’m trying not to focus on it too much, but really serious about body fat and inches.

Kathy – I can only aspire to the weight that you are using! If Dunham’s has their weights on sale, I’m ready to get 25# DB’s, which would be 50# squats. I’d like to get a BB sometime in the future . . .

Melissa – Cute Avatar pic! I see you like the apple/string cheese snack, too. It’s a staple in my weekday diet. Turkey tacos are one of my kids favorite meals – they now think that ground beef taco meat tastes funny!

Heidi – Nice buying spree! I’ll be holding out a bit longer for STS. Need to get the MC down a bit more. Hope DH is doing better and not driving you too crazy. Mine’s worse than the kids when he’s sick. UGHH!

Michelle – Congrats on the running! Isn’t it such a feeling of accomplishment the first time? I had never run until about 2 years ago (had made the goal that I would do a 5K before my 40th birthday), and was so ecstatic how good it felt when I could do 1, then 2, then up to 6 miles easily. Also, I think I’m pushing myself harder since I started recording my weights used, so it’s been a useful tool. I don’t want to go any lighter or do less reps than I did a previous workout. I drink the shakes at night because I think I needed a few more calories in my diet (think I was cutting back too much) and the protein helps boost metabolism more through the night. I’m waiting to see if this works.

Gayle – Bummer about the car. I know how frustrating it can be. We put $2000 into DH’s truck last summer. It’s holding out so far, but we definitely need to get another vehicle this summer. Not until after the MC is paid off. And I also know about life events putting things in perspective. DH had a heart attack 2 years ago at age 38. He is/was not the typical candidate in any way – very physically active (a mountain biker), underweight if anything, eating fairly well, lo cholesterol, no history of heart disease in the family, and lo stress (he’s a professor and it happened during the summer while he was off). I have most of the above, which is why I’m here. It’s been 2 years of saying I’ll get around to it. Now I’m making that commitment to myself so I’m there for myself and my family. That’s why I appreciate the support of this group so much.

So, time to work out – it’s a cardio day, and maybe a run is just what I need. Better get a banana first . . .

Good morning BFLers!!! You guys are making me want to order STS soooo bad!!! I don't know why I'm hesitating...

Heidi - I picked up Clean Eating while I was filling DH's prescription too!! I flipped through it last night just for the recipes. I'll have to go back through and read that article.

YAY SUSAN - down 2lbs! What a great feeling, huh?! Glad DD is feeling better. Sometimes there is nothing better than a hookie day!!

Belinda - your welcome for the mini egg quiche recipe. I can't wait to make them today. Your DH is coming home today...YIPPEE!

Sherry - I'm moving pretty slowly today too. Saturday mornings are always lazy. I'm just preparing for my rest day tomorrow!!;-)

Michelle - 2 mile run...great job!! I've never tried running. Maybe I should give it a whirl...

Gayle - great job on pushing yourself to interval 7. And Wii sounds like it quite a workout!! I posted my UB w/o on yesterdays thread if you are interested.

I weighed myself this morning. Not sure why since I am supposed to weigh myself on Sunday's, but down 1lb. I'll take it. So that's 4lbs in two weeks...not bad!!! I have a bday party to go to tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to try to control myself even though its FREE DAY. If SIL got the cake from this one bakery that is out-of-this-world, I'll HAVE to have a slice..:9 .

Doing LB today. Not sure what yet. My DH usually helps with my barbell when I have it loaded to heavy to get over my head, but since he is under the weather, not quite sure what I'm going to do. I'll figure something out!

Everyone have a great day! BBL

Hi!
IMAX done! I like this IMAX the least just because of the long warm up..but t was fun.

Sherry-Before we moved here to AR my DH worked in Memphis..he drove there from Oxford MS where we both are from. Where do you live now? We are actually going to Little Rock today and Im going to Kroger for some produce. We have a Brookshire's here, and its not too bad, but I prefer Kroger so far.

Gayle- we are getting a Wii for DD's birthday this month..I can't wait. I have heard it is sooo much fun. What games do you reccommend we get? You have a great day planned!

Melissa-4 pounds is great!! Doesnt it feel good!

Ok..ya'll talked me into it without evev trying..Im ordering STS today!

Off to shower and hang out with the family. I'll check on ya'll later.

Cardio done! Ran ~2.5 miles, was really more like sprint and walk (HIIT, then) due to many ice patches. Michigan in January - I should know better.

We live in West Bloomfield now, which is a suburb of Detroit. When we lived in Memphis, DH and his buds used to go camping in Blanchard Springs and Mountain Home all the time (really late fall and through the southern winter otherwise way too buggy). Both of us grew up in St. Louis.

Now off to to the too many things we need to get done on the weekend.

BBL!

Great job on all the losses ladies! Yay, you're so inspiring! :)

I eeked out 5.25 miles this morning, I was exhausted and felt dehydrated so I stopped. I also did the MIS/S&H ab premix on Ab Hits.

The good news is I did my weekly weigh in yesterday and I was down. :)

Starting stats - 12/31:
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 136.2 lbs.
Bodyfat on Tanita Scale: 25.8%

1/12 stats:
Weight: 133.8 lbs.
Bodyfat on Tanita Scale: 23.5%

BBL later for personals. I may pull out my bike this afternoon and go for a ride out on the path. I don't know if I've mentioned it or not but we moved in May 07 to a new house that is right across the street from a bike/jog path that's 7.5 miles long and paved. I love it! :)

Kathy

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I have mainly been posting over in the 12week challenge forum.
I got confused in the beginning on where to post :eek:

This morning I did double cardio from 4DS LIS/HIS them went for a 3 mile walk with my neighbor. CRAZY huh??

I see that many of you have already pre-ordered the STS series. I have not quite convinced myself yet. I worry about maybe becoming too bulky from lifting that heavy of weight. I am 5'7" and want to become long and lean with good definition. Does anyone else worry about becoming bulky?

I would love some opinions and advise on this.

Thanks - Carolyn

Hi back from workout,

I did the BBC Butts & Legs Treadmill cardio session. Phew! That was tough. }(

Great job Sherry, Michelle and Kathy on your runs today.:)

Sherry: It's ok to enjoy life once in awhile! ;-) Scarry to hear about your DH having a heart attack so young though. :-( I am glad you are here and back on track with your workouts. Your doing great.

Melissa: Sorry to hear about DH not feeling well today. Can you use DB's instead of the BB? Awesome job on your weight loss!:)

Belinda: Great job on CTX. Enjoy your day with you DH being back.:)

Gayle: Wow! IMAX 3 after all that leg work this week! You ought to be feeling these workouts for a few more days.}(

Susan: Glad to hear your DD is feeling better. We all need a break once in awhile. IMAX is fun! Enjoy your bike ride today. Way to go on getting rid of the 2#'s!:D

Michelle: You Did It! That's what matters about getting out the door for an early morning run. You keep trying and your mileage will follow. Good for you!

Have a great Saturday girls! BBL Heidi

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome!

I don't believe that women in general can become "bulky" by lifting weights unless they take steroids. However, some women do have more of the hormone "Testosterone" in their system that can make them gain more muscle. These women may show other signs of having more of this hormone with more facial hair and so forth. I would check with your phys about this. There are hormone tests that check your levels that could be helpful in general.

Have you checked out the newest magazine "Clean-Eating"? There is an article in there that explains the different hormone levels that your doctor should be testing for. It was very informative.

Hope this has helped.

Take Care,
Heidi

Thanks for the info Heidi. The hormone level does make sense. (I'm not hairy). I was thinking a little bit ago that Cathe and her crew lift HEAVY weights and they are not bulky looking at all. Actually, when I met all of them of the at road trip, I was amazed at how tiny they all are, especially Brenda.

I will check out the magazine.

BTW, how is your DH, I may have missed a post or two about him. Did he end up having surgery?

Thanks, Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Yep...he did. And by the same ortho doc! He is regretting it big time like I told him it would. Not knowing if there was actually something left in there or not was really eating at him yesterday. He will never know for sure now!

What was or is your workout for today?

Have a great day!:) Heidi BBL

Hi Ladies~

Just did Tae Bo ~ Get Ripped Advanced 1. I probably only did 30 mins, but my heart rate was up there. I would of continued if my inner thigh/groin muscle didn't start to hurt. I think I pulled it a few months ago when doing Yoga, how long does it take to heal? I guess I should have the Ortho look at this as well when I'm there Tuesday morning. I'm full of problems, aren't I :)
Since taking my prescription again w/ the fish oil, my knee hasn't flared up, but I haven't tried any step workouts either (maybe later :) So i'm wondering if I should still go to the appt...what do you think? I would hate to live on the Anti-flammatories ... ya know?

Ok, off to shower and run to Target and the mall.
BBL,

XoXo

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.