Bad Camera Work - HATE It! Nov 3

August

Cathlete
Morning!

I did Strength in Movement today for the first time. I had a good sweat and thought the workout was lots of fun. Again, like Endurance for Movement, it's like no other workout I have.

Oh, hold on, I've got a bunch of workout DVDs that I haven't even opened yet, so maybe they ARE like other workouts I have, but I just haven't gotten to them LOL.

Anyway, it could have been because it was my first time around, but peeeyuuu some of the camera work stunk and could have rivaled even my half-cooked awful fishy fish dinner. Ahh, yes, thank you cameraman for that helpful bust shot.

But the workout itself was great! In lieu of a squishy medicine ball, I rolled up my ankle weight (it's 1 kg = 2.2 pds) but it was not near heavy enough at all. Next time around I'll try seeing if I can stick my .5 kg with my 1kg together.

OMG, guess what I just found at Amazon where I'm going to be ordering my DVDs. SPRI balls. I wonder if I should just go for it. Aghhh, the decisions!

I'm so loving my TLT rotation. Every day is fairly different so it's fun not knowing what's coming tomorrow. Ooooh, how deep. Say, Michele, what is it that didn't click for you with this workout? (Actually, while I was doing the workout, I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, I can see what Michele means" but then by the time I finished it, I was pretty happy LOL.)

On that note, it's back to my workroom.

Have a great workout and a wonderful day, everyone!

Oh! My raw almonds, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds just got here.

So ultimately, is there any harm eating all these things raw? Like, can I give them to my Mom to eat raw?

Good morning, August!

I'd like to thank you and Briee for the late night entertainment. Ever since I pulled the plug on David Letterman I've noticed something has been missing from my life, but with your help I was able to get my belly laugh back:7

Yea, maybe that's why I didn't like the Jen Carman w/o--bad camera work and too many T&A shots. I dunno, I just wasn't all that wild about it. I do think Tracie Long should consider hiring a new crew. It seems like everything she's put out since she struck out on her own has horrible production values.

By all means, get the squishy balls:7 . I wonder what it costs to ship squishy balls?

I don't know about feeding raw nuts to your mom. How much do you love her:eek: . Just kiddin':p. I think it's perfectly safe to feed raw nuts to your mom. Did you come up with a good trail mix combo? When I make mine I use a 2:1 ratio of nuts and seeds to dried fruit. And don't forget the mini chocolate chips! No trail mix is complete without chocolate.;)

Have a great day, and I hope you can catch that elusive sweet potato truck today.:* :*

Good morning (not), Michele!

I know. I was wondering about how much it would cost to send over squishy balls. But in some ways, I think if I just pile it in with all the other stuff I'm planning to get (I'm also getting Centrum for me and Centrum Silver for Mom), I'll get that one big postal shock and then I'll forget it ever happened.

> I don't know about feeding raw nuts to your mom. How much do you love her

LOL.

Okay, if you say it's all right, I feel better. Kathryn kindly told me about soaking the nuts and seeds before eating them for benefits (that, and almonds have some toxic something in the skin), but well, quite frankly, I don't want to be bothered. I just want to dig my hand in and eat.

Yeah, I've also been thinking about chocolate chips or yogurt chips or something like that. I haven't even bought any dried fruit yet. I tried a little of all the nuts and seeds just because I couldn't hold off when I was putting them in Ziplocks to give to my Mom ;) and it occurred to me that what makes a good trail mix is chocolate chips and salt...both of which I have neither.

Anyway, I still can't get over those funny squirrel photos. You must've been LYAO when you found them! Too funny.

I just read my "good morning (not)" comment and it sounds like I'm saying not to have a good morning! x( Of course, I meant it to be that it's NOT morning where you are...when I wrote it...but now I guess it IS morning.

:*

I'm snacking on saltless raw nuts and seeds. Man, I really gotta get something to add in here. LOL

Good morning again!

August, I know raw nuts are supposed to be good for you and everything, but I have a confession to make. I rarely buy raw nuts, with the exception of walnuts which I always buy raw because I love them that way:eek: .

Not only do I NOT buy raw nuts, I usually toast them in the oven at 350 for a few minutes :eek:. They are soooo delicious that way. Once you toast your nuts it's just hard to eat them any other way (I know how this sounds--now get your minds out of the gutter:p :7) .

One last bit of information--SALT MAKES FOOD TASTE GOOD :eek: }( :7.

I know, I'm really no help at all. Here's what I'd do in your situation--mix in a few toasted, salted nuts with the raw. How's that for a compromise? :9 :7

My goal for today is to do another Cardio Coach workout, preview another DVD, and run a few errands.

Jeanette, I saw your post yesterday. It's always nice to meet another CC lover. I have all of them but so far I've only used Vol's 1, both 2's and 3. I bought an elliptical trainer this past summer and the CC workouts have opened up a whole new world of cardio for me. Coach Sean is so motivating and the w/o's really do fly by, an important factor for me who hates cardio;) .

Diane, did your workouts come yet? Have you previewed them? Did you see the thread in OD asking if anyone wants to have a Nov Rotation Check-in with the new DVD's? I think I'm going to do the check-in.

Dana, Ellen, Kate, Jana--I hope to see you later:* :*

You want to hear MY confession? Up to about a year ago, I HATED nuts! I hated nuts just about as much as I hated cardio.

Funny how things change, eh? :)

I started eating raw almonds just for the health benefits, and discovered that it wasn't nuts that I hated, what I hated was roasted, salted nuts! So then I went on a raw almond wave.

Then I thought, yeah! I'm gonna get walnuts and macadamia nuts, too, 'cause they're so healthy for me! Yeah! And to make it even healthier, I'm gonna buy them in their shells! YEAH!

I bought both walnuts and macadamia nuts. The walnuts came with a cheap nut-cracker. Can I tell you how many times I made my fingers bleed? LMAO. I think I cracked more fingernails than I did walnut shells.

Now, have you ever tried opening up a macadamia nut? WTF!!! You can laugh here - after trying unsuccessfully to open them with all the various things I could find around my apartment, I started banging on them with my dumbbells. I'm not even joking. I'm sure the neighbors downstairs must have been wondering what the heck I was doing.

I'm here to tell you it is IMPOSSIBLE to open a macadamia nut without a macadamia nut-cracker. I looked it up on the internet. It's IMPOSSIBLE. LOL.

So I gave them away.

I'm thinking some kind of raisin will give this nut/seed thing some pizzazz. (ooh, that looks like pizza :9 ) I wish I could find some healthy tiny yogurt chip or something....

Hmmm, Amazon? :p

Say hi to Sean for me!

ROTFLMAO!!!

I demand a videoclip of you trying to crack open a macadamia nut with a dumbell:7

I didn't even know there was a special nutcracker for Macadamia nuts.

I use raisins, dried cherries, lets see...what else do I put in there...Oh!...I use both red and golden raisins, and sometimes apricots. I still say go with the chocolate. Use dark chocolate. That's healthy...isn't it?

Editing to clarify that I do like salted nuts but not TOO salty. I usually buy the ones marked lightly salted.

Stop tempting me with the chocolate chips.

Dark chocolate. Yeah, yeah, that IS healthy, isn't it. Over 70 or 80% or something like that and the flavinoids or whatever kick in. Hmmmm! I like your idea of adding just a little to make the whole a better place to be. :) Maybe a little bit of dried fruit and a teeny weeny bit of dark chocolate chips. Oh gawd, I'm getting hungry again...

Okay, okay...no more talk about chocolate.

Guess what? I went by Tim Horton's while running an errand and they still have it. They still have the $&^%()*(^%^$&* pumpkin spice glazed donut!!

I'm so distraught;( :) :9 ;( :eek: x( ;( :eek: :9 :) ;( x(

Have I taken your mind off the chocolate?:p

Hi Ladies -

Sorry I am checking in so late. I have been in a conference room looking at documents all morning. Boring.

I woke up late today because 1) it was cold in my house and I didn't want to get out of the covers and 2) I have a cold and felt too icky to workout.

I should get my dvds in the mail today! I am so excited! I will probably start the rotation tomorrow, I don't know how much previewing I am going to do.

Michele - joining the November checkin sounds good. I will start Saturday probably.

Oh goody!! I'll be happy to have a fellow hater in a check-in full of cardiomaniacal workout junkies--lol! I'll probably start on Monday. :)

August, I ate one. I ate another %*(^) pumpkin spice donut. Darn it!;( :9

I LOVE nuts...all kinds..raw or roasted. I'm currently working on a huge bag of walnuts.

Michele... I really want an elliptical...but it will have to wait until next year. But I really, really want one!

Today I did Step Works and and upper body FIRM sculpt. Then I painted the bathroom...2 coats.

*sips merlot and relaxes*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.