August RT'ers Check In Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

So I don't post in this check in at all for months and now I'm STARTING the thing!? I guess I'm getting excited!;)

Off to grab some coffee...BBL!

Thanks Wendy for getting us started!!

I am sleepy and grumpy :( Hope that gets better!! I am planning MM timesaver this evening.

Hope all have a good day!

I didn the rollover and turn off the alarm workout. ;) In my dreams I was doing PLB.

Thanks for getting this going, Wendy!:)

Catherine, I'd be willing to bet that your grumpiness wears off.

Catherine: Sorry you woke up in a bad mood. Hate when that happens. Hopefully your work out will help. :)

Phyllis: Loved your work out this morning. ;)

I just finished 4DS chest and back work plus 4DS LIS core work. I will head to the gym in a bit for a run.

Good morning, ladies!

I woke up at 5:00 this morning and will try to do so tomorrow, too, so I can start getting my body used to the time difference. That 7:00 A.M. step class on Sunday will be like 4:00 in the morning on my time! I know that the excitement and adrenaline of the weekend will carry us all through, though! Who needs sleep this weekend when we can sleep when get back home, right? ;)

Wendy -- You're so cute about getting the thread started! I know you're nervous about the RT, but it's going to be so much fun! Are you taking a break from the kettlebells this week? I ordered Lauren Brooks' DVD and it's here waiting for me, but I'm doing all Cathe workouts this week to get psyched up! :D

Catherine -- Sorry about the lousy sleep! :( Can you get to bed early tonight? Do you think that it's nerves? I haven't been sleeping well either, and I know it's because I'm getting nervous/excited about this weekend!

Phyllis -- LOL about your morning workout! :D I think I should have done the same one this morning!

Liann -- How has your dad been? Did you get to spend some more time with him this past weekend? Hope so!

I was going to do B&G today to get those legs ready for this weekend, but I'm thinking of maybe doing some leg-intensive cardio instead, like maybe Imax 2. What do you all think? Would it be better to do B&G or an Imax? Not working out for three days this past weekend made me really nervous about keeping up with Cathe this weekend! Tomorrow I want to do 4DS double step cardio since it'll amp me up for the RT! :p

Good morning ladies! I'm having a hard time staying awake over here at the office. Finished up most of the patio work last night. We just need to backfill around the border and sweep another layer of joint sand between the pavers. I am so ready for this project to be done! And I am still soooo sore from laying pavers on Sunday. I did a lot of lunging back and forth to pick up the pavers and set them down. I'll probably be walking like a duck until the RT - then I'll be lucky to walk at all! ;)

All of this talk about being nervous for the RT must have been in my subconscious when I went to sleep last night. I had tons of RT related nightmares! I dreamed that no one liked me and I was pretty much on my own all weekend (gasp) and that we had to practically audition our "moves" and form in front of a panel of 4 judges. The only good dream was that I received an e-mail confirmation that STS has been shipped. :) Oh, (back to the bad dreams), I dreamed that we all slept in one room with tons of bunk beds, like at an institution or something, lol.

Wendy - Woo-hoo on starting our thread for today! :) It sounds like you are an exercise machine today.

Catherine - I'm sleepy and grumpy too. It must be going around! ;)

Phyllis - I hear the rollover/snooze workout is very good for the obliques.

Leanne - Dad seems to be doing fine. We've actually been spending a lot of time with him the last few days. My nephew is staying with my parents for the next 2 weeks and they have been bringing him to our house to swim. So, we've had them over for dinner the past few nights. He seems to be in good spirits. We are waiting for his results though. We should hopefully know today whether or not the cancer has spread any farther than his throat.

Wendy - I hope you enjoyed your coffee!!! Great workouts today. And hey, you started the thread. You must be coming out of your shell!!!

Liann - sounds like the RT will be a break for you given all the work you've been doing on your patio. LOL about your nightmares! And please keep us posted on your Dad.

Catherine - you, grumpy, I don't believe that for a second!!

Leanne - good thinking on planning ahead for the time change!

Phyllis - I do that workout every morning. Unfortunately it isn't doing anything for my obliques...:(

I did not sleep well last night. Too many things rattling around in my brain! DD is at work with me today and she is driving me CRAZY!! Thankfully, I only have a 1/2 day today.

Good morning!!!

It looks like we could all use a nap today. Must be those RT nerves kicking in. I still have to figure out what to pack (and clean the house and do laundry...)
This morning I did itread 26-30 minutes and then did the Bar Method abs and a pilates leg workout. I used to do Pilates every other day and am trying to get back to that.

Phyllis-LMAO at the dream PLB workout.

Liann-Keep us posted on how your dad's tests go today.

Catherine and Melissa-I hope you both sleep better tonight.

Leanne-Personally, I would go for an Imax today as Butts and Guts leaves me with DOMS for days.:)

Wendy-Great workout this morning!!I love the strength segments in 4DS.

Beth

Hey ladies!

Liann -- All that paving work sounds exhausting! Can you take the next couple of days off from finishing up the patio? Sounds like you need it! Those nightmares sound awful!!! Don't worry, though, since we're all going to have a fabulous time!! I'll keep sending prayers and positive thoughts in your dad's direction!! Keep us posted, OK?

Melissa -- Hooray for a half day at work! I got awful sleep last night, too. We'll all get caught up on our sleep next week, though, right?!

Beth -- Good idea about doing Imax! All that talk the last couple of weeks left me thinking that I should get more lower body work in, but now I'm thinking that I need to get more cardio in. How great that you're getting back into doing pilates!

Leanne: No kb's for me for right now. Doing 4DS for about a month and then I'll see what I feel like after that.

Beth: Yes, the strength segments are why I have 4DS! I am not a fan of the step in that series. I *heart* the kickbox and like the bootcamp cardio as well but most times I end up opting for a different cardio anyway. Oh well. :p

Melissa: Sorry your DD drove you nuts at work today. Hopefully your 1/2 day is over with by now.

Liann: YIKES! All of those bad dreams. How awful! I better not have any now that I read about yours! LOL

Ended up running 3 miles to ITread 27/30 mins Drills. Good work out.

Have a great afternoon ladies!:)

You ladies are an absolute riot! Dreams! I just hope for sleep!

It's nice to see all of these posts before we head out that way! It helps me a lot!

Who all is coming in on Thursday and will be there for the Pizza party? Gotta pack in the trash food before the heavenly torture begins huh???

Just a quick FYI: the tropical storm turned towards Louisiana. But, we have gotten our fair share of storms and rains. Just not the brunt of the storm.

Just giddy looking at the clock---->I'll be in the air in 48 hours!!!!

High Fives!

Hey ladies!! One more day of work and then I'm off. Thank goodness!! This week has gone by so slow and I am sure this weekend will go by so fast!!

Melissa, it's so sweet for you to say that you couldn't see me grumpy, but believe you me :mad::mad: See how's that :p Actually, I usually try not to show it, but I feel it inside. Know what I mean??

Tanya, glad the "big" storm has turned away from ya. I will be there for pizza. I am trying to convince Linda "SheWolf" (not to be confused with Vilma "ShyWolf") to join us. She lives only an hour away. She wants to know what time we plan to get together. I know that is hard to say right now. But does anyone have a ballpark??

Beth, Wendy- too I love 4ds weight work. But I also love the step w/o too!!

So Leanne, did you do IMAX?

Liann, did your dad get any results today? Crossing my fingers and praying for him!!

Phyllis thanks for the big smilie!!!

I did MM time saver premix minus abs this evening and am chillin!!!

I hear ya Catherine!!

Hey, you know what I was just thinking???? If we can get into the first group of exercisers for the second class, we probably won't have time to change our outfits. And if we did, really what's the point? We are just going to get sweaty again anyway. That means one extra outfit to choose from for the rest of the RT. That could be good or bad...;)

The closer it gets, the less I'm worried about my outfits for Friday and Saturday nights. I just want to be comfy. I'm still going to bring the outfits I planned on bringing, but might bring some extra yoga pants and tees just in case I don't feel like getting "dressed", if you know what I mean.

So my hair is cut, fresh coat of polish on my piggies (not that anyone will see them anyway but it makes me feel better), iPod, camera & phone are fully charged...I'M GOOD TO GO!!!:D

I hope I don't forget my $$$..that would be tragic!!

I have to say that I think I'm more excited to hang with all of you this weekend than anything else! Not that I'm not excited to see Cathe again and work my tail off, but I think we have a nice group here and I can't wait to meet everyone!

AND WE ALL NEED TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES TO EACH OTHER NO MATTER HOW SHY OR INTIMIDATED WE ARE FEELING...ARE YOU WITH ME????:)

I have to say that I think I'm more excited to hang with all of you this weekend than anything else! Not that I'm not excited to see Cathe again and work my tail off, but I think we have a nice group here and I can't wait to meet everyone!

AND WE ALL NEED TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES TO EACH OTHER NO MATTER HOW SHY OR INTIMIDATED WE ARE FEELING...ARE YOU WITH ME????:)

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to see and workout with Cathe again. But I am even more excited to see and meet everyone else too!!!!

Oh, and you're right about not having time to change between classes if we do the back to back classes. And it worked out just fine!!!

Ack, how did I forget to post here earlier? I had it in my head I’d already posted, but now I see nothing by me. Huh.

OK, busy day, I guess. I had to see my doctor for a prescription renewal and to ask about my ongoing fatigue. Her diagnosis? I have two kids, I don’t get enough sleep, and I eat too many carbs. My husband said, “She needed her M.D. to figure that?”

I’m getting excited and still slowly working on the packing. So far I have too many workout outfits packed and too many choices for my street clothes. At least I’m coming by car so I don’t have to worry too much about the space. I actually did not workout today (gasp!) because of the doc and running errands and doing stuff around the house (plus I just woke up super-tired so I didn’t do it in the morning when I had the time).

My husband is currently scrubbing a couple dirty spots he found on the porch. I can’t figure it out. Why does he care about what’s on that old porch that we’re planning on scraping all the paint off and repainting soon anyway? :confused:

Wendy, ok, I feel better about not working out because it looks like you’re doing enough for both of us. :p

Catherine, you sound like two of the seven dwarves. I usually feel like I am Sleepy, myself. I’m also exciting about meeting everyone else. A couple of times I’ve had to remind myself—“oh yeah, I’ll also get to meet Cathe!”

Phyllis, I’m so glad you get to be my roomie. I will be driving down with someone I don’t know well so I’m glad I at least know my roommate. OK, so I don’t KNOW you, but we have chatted online, at least. Plus you were the one I was chatting with on Facebook when we were trying to sign up for the RT!

Leanne, I plan to also do 4DS Double Cardio with you tomorrow. Maybe you should give me a heads-up tomorrow when you plan to start, so we can truly do it simultaneously! (I know, I’m a dork.) I don’t have any particular plans tomorrow except to go to the post office and library.

Liann, hmm, I hope reading about your dreams doesn’t affect my dreams. I haven’t had any RT nightmares yet, though shortly after finding out I was going I had a sort of RT-related dream but it was very vague since I didn’t know much about it yet. Usually I’m dreaming really crazy stuff, so if I dream about the RT we’ll probably all be traveling in outer space and having to deal with working out in zero gravity or something. OK, not thinking about that anymore or I really will give my subconscious ideas.

Melissa, hope you sleep better tonight! And I’m with you, I will introduce myself to everyone I can. I plan on being fairly comfortable just because I “know” so many people from the boards already. We’ll see how I really feel when I get there, though. I hope I don’t pass out when I meet Cathe or anything. I don’t think I will. I think I will at least seem calm on the outside, but you might see my hands shaking.

Beth, I used to do a lot of Pilates before discovering Cathe. Sometimes I think I should get back in the habit because my core was stronger then.

Tanya, glad the storm spared you (and all my family down there). I won’t be there until Friday afternoon, myself (even though I live only a couple hours away). I kind of wish I’d planned on it and driven down Thursday evening instead, but I don’t have the room until Friday night. Oh well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.