August Roadtrippers Wednesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

How is everyone this morning?

Well I guess for some of you there is only one more day to wait until R/T time, huh? Lucky girls! I have 2 more days and even so I am not getting there until Friday afternoon. Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Gotta jet...just wanted to get us started!:)

Hello ladies!! I am in a bit of a better mood today. I am sure it will pick up more towards the end of the work day :p

I posted last night that Linda (Shewolf) wants to join us at Uno's Thurs night. Any ideas on about what time I should tell her?

Wendy, thanks for starting us!! :)

Hmm, that's a good question about time. Maybe we should meet in the Fairfield lobby around 5 and decide from there? It doesn't matter to me

I completed PLB today. Tomorrow, I will stick with cardio - maybe LM. I don't want to be sore going in to the RT. ;)

Oh no, I'm going to be totally alone here tomorrow! Who will I check in with? ;) Guess it will just be me, Beth, & Lainie. I don't know about the rest of you gals, but I am so keyed up about this whole trip, I could explode! I think I need to start chugging the Pepto now! I'm not nervous or stressed, just so excited, I'm making myself sick. I think it's because I have had so much going on in the meantime and I haven't even had a chance to pack or mentally prepare myself. Plus I haven't been getting in regular workouts, so I'm a little freaked about making it through the classes. I'm usually not one to stand in the back, but I think I'll be staying as far away from Cathe's line of sight as possible, so I can take it easy. ;) I hope you all have safe travels tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see you Friday morning!!!

but I think I'll be staying as far away from Cathe's line of sight as possible, so I can take it easy.

Liann, I don't think that'll work. Esp during the BC class it looks like Cathe is moving around a bit and high fiving etc.!!!

Of course don't let that intimidate ya :p

Good morning, ladies!

OK, so I didn't have any of Liann's scary dreams, but I've hardly gotten any sleep the last couple of nights! I know the weekend is going to be fabulous, but I'm soooo nervous about it!

My flight leaves at 6:45 tomorrow morning, so I'll probably have to get up at 4:00 to make it to the airport in plenty of time. Tanya and I are on the same flight in from Houston, which will be fun!!

Wendy -- You'll still have plenty of fun time this weekend, even though you won't be there Friday morning!

Liann -- Any news on your dad? I might need to hide from Cathe, too! I've also been totally nauseous the last couple of days, and may need to join you in chugging that Pepto! ;)

Phyllis -- My plane doesn't arrive until 5:15 tomorrow night, so I may miss all you gals for dinner. :(

Catherine -- Glad your mood is better today! Did you get a good night's sleep?

Lol, great! I was only 2 people behind her in the step class a few weeks ago and I kept making eye contact with her in the mirror. I just knew she was thinking - "Man, does this girl ever work out?" I hadn't stepped in months. :eek: Endurance is definitely not my strong suit either, cuz' I really poop out fast. I can't say I'm looking forward to Boot Camp at this point. :eek:

Leanne - Here is the thread on my dad. :) http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249953

Liann, I loathe endurance w/o. Mainly because I stink at them. Oh and I am sure Cathe was NOT thinking that about you!!!

Hey again!

Liann -- I'll check out the thread now! I haven't been on the regular forums much the past few days, so I totally missed it! And there is no way that Cathe even thought that about you!

Catherine -- Thanks for the heads-up about the back-to-back classes and not needing to change. Can we choose to do that, then? From what you said, it sounds like it's not randomly assigned.

Melissa -- I'm going really casual, too! You're so cute about making sure that we're not shy! I was thinking the same thing last night -- that I'd better not put my shy head in the sand, like I sometimes do! :p Let's all be sure to introduce ourselves and give plenty of hugs!

Lainie -- Oh, let's talk about when to do 4DS cardio today! It would be so much fun to do it together! I'm thinking of starting it around 10:00 my time, which is 1:00 your time, but I can change that around . . . .

Tanya -- I'll look for you in Houston in the waiting area! I'm so glad that we'll be flying in together! I'm hoping to not check luggage . . . gonna go pack now!

Last edited:
Leanne, last year Cathe asked us our preference and we seperated into two groups. It worked out fine, but I don't know if she'll do it the same this year.

So should I just tell Linda to meet us in the lobby at 5:00????

Ok, I just went back and read some of the posts I missed last night. I totally agree about not being shy and just sucking it up and introducing ourselves. :) I think I will be fine this time around since I have already met some of you. It's just when I'm not sure about whether someone is who I think they are that I clam up. ;)

I didn't change much last year either. There was barely enough time to shower and change and I preferred to just hang around and talk with gals rather than run to the bathroom between each class. I did change at lunch, but that was it.

Leanne - You can pretty much choose which class you want, so we shouldn't all get separated.

Hi ladies!!!

Wendy - thanks for getting us started again today.

Liann - great news about your Dad!! You and your family must be so relieved!! Endurance is not my thing either. I can go about 30 minutes non-stop of just about anything, then I need a nap!!!

Phyllis - Hi!!!

Leanne - Oh good, so I won't be the only one going casual!! I think by now we all feel comfortable enough and know what each other looks like that there is no way that we can't introduce ourselves!

Catherine - glad you are in a better mood today. Today is your last day of work for the week, isn't it? You gotta be happy about that!!

Oh and just a warning: I'm a hugger!! I'll try to contain myself when we all meet though...:eek:

I'm a hugger, too! :p

Ah, that's good news that we can choose to do the two workouts back-to-back! And I'll also pack some perfume spray in my gym bag so I'm not too stinky! ;)

Are you all bringing just one pair of workout shoes?? I'm not sure that I'll have room for two!

Catherine, that sounds like a good idea to have Linda show up at 5:00.

Tanya and I may not get to the hotel until 6:30'ish, so I understand if you don't want to wait for us before getting dinner!

Hey gals! I started a thread early this morning on here....and "wimper wimper" it got over looked. Anyhoo....all is well here. I'm an early bird. Got my workout in...did the yard work, now gotta get to laundry, get crickets for my sons Gecko --eww, straighten up and then get all 4 children taken to their weekend caregivers (snickers--would hate to be the caregiver) and I am set to go!!!!

Catherine---glad you are in a better frame of mind. Mood sets the tone for the day. I can relate to the funk....stress has made me a bit crabby. Sigh...

Leanne- I will be in a red top (I think)...unless that changes. I'm a female and I am entitled to change my mind with my mood! Giggle... NO, not really sure what I will wear..but I think that is the color. So, I may be easier to identify!

All: Leanne and I don't land until approx 5:15 PM. So, guessing our travles to the hotel and dumping our stuff...snooping around our room and getting back down to the lobby may bring us there at 6:30. I know that is late. It's okay if you guys don't want to wait for a later dinner start time. I KNOW we are all coming in from different time zones and asking you to delay it may be torture on someones schedule. I KNOW I am grouchy when I get hungry. Wooh... Let us know so we can figure out a plan of action....

The clock is ticking! I will be airport bound by this time tomorrow! YIPPIE!!!!

Tanya - you are so funny! Oh and about crickets: my DD just captured a teenie-tiny frog and it is now her pet. I had my first experience with crickets last night...ewwww is right!!

Catherine and Leanne - good to know that hugs are welcome!!!

Hi guys! I just wanted to pop in and say how excited I am about meeting all of you!

Also, Liann, that is great news about your Dad. I hope the radiation goes well for him!

See you soon!

Oh no, I'm going to be totally alone here tomorrow! Who will I check in with? ;) Guess it will just be me, Beth, & Lainie.

I'll still be around tomorrow as well Liann so we can feel sorry for ourselves together that we aren't on the RT yet! :)

Lunch is over and now I am sleepy!!

Tanya, I am sure we'll be hanging out all evening. So you all join us when you can. I am not opposed to meeting a little later Thursday, but I know I will be hungry!!! I just need to let Linda know an approximated time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.