August 08 :::Monday Aug 17 :::

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone

Today I have a cardio day scheduled is Imax2 but I feel more like an iTread flat & fast run 9 60min sounds in order.

I was under a deep cloud last week and slowly coming out of it
017.gif
Thanks to all who wished me well. I'm still feeling a lot of 'eh' but working through it. It'll take some time before I feel more like myself again.

I couldn't really sleep last night and finally got out of bed at 520am.

Oldest DD starts her 1st day as a college student today.

Since due to multiple factors last week she didn't get to do her road test namely one of my rear lights needed to get changed out so I'm still taxing her around. Hopefully tomorrow before her first class we can go so she can get her license to drive, actually I'm not in such a big rush to have her drive by herself yet.
th_blush2.gif

Surprisingly Imax2 is my all time favorite Cathe cardio but this morning I awoke wanting to do a fast run instead.
shrugnblush.gif

I hope you all have a great day!

ETA ugh just realized I put in the wrondg date I should now its the 18th as its my mother's 80th birthday today - Sheesh my head is just not right yet ugh!

picture.php

Last edited:
Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow.

Today is 4DS all upper body premix. I couldn't wake up at 530am because I knew my DS would get up and then I wouldn't be able to workout, so I think I will wait till he's a little bigger to understand not to get out of bed if he heres me. So, I decided to get up early at 6am to read my bible from now on.

Vilma I'm so glad you are starting to feel better! And I'm so glad to see you post :) That's so cute that your DD starts her first day of college! Enjoy your workout today!

Well ladies, It looks like it's going to rain all day today so I don't know how the weather will be today so I might not be able to post later on. That Fay is getting closer and I'm starting to get worried. I think I might need to go buy some dry food today and stock up. I have to work today so it will be a very busy day for me today. I hope you all have a great day! I'll try to bb later on, if not, you guys know why (weather issues).

I'll miss you all :)

Hi Vilma, Ivy and all that follow...

Vilma so happy that you started the thread. You were missed. College huh? Today we go to the HS for my DS orientation and to pick his classes. How was your run?

I did Step Blast today. I don't have Imax 2:( Something I should get. I wish I could order it on its own and not get a duplicate work out that I already have. Also I don't have Pure Strength so I was thinking either GS or Glutes and Legs whatcha think???

Ivy Keep us posted about Fay if you can...Is it still a catagory 1? I haven't seen the news. I lived in SC during Hurricane Hugo that wasn't fun. I still have to do my devotion.

Well I need to get my day started DS has and Orthodontist appt at 9 AM. Then 1PM meeting at the HS. BBL

Lori

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is HSC...my second time doing this workout...I can't remember what I actually thought about it the first time...I guess I'll find out! lol

Vilma- Running lifts my spirits and clears my head more than any other cardio...maybe that is why you are leaning towards it? And your smiley's are awesome.

Lap- I love 4DS upper body! Have fun with that! And I thought Fay was still a tropical storm? Maybe I live under a rock...............

Lori- Where did you live in SC? I lived in greenville/spartanburg for 8 years...(post Hugo, though)

BBL! ;)

Iris

Hi ladies!!

Vilma: Glad you are on the road to feeling better. So glad to have you back posting. Good luck with that first day of DD collage..That will be here for me before I know it. Lauren is going into 6th grade now!!

Ivy: Stay safe from the hurricane!! My family lives in Northern Florida near Tallahassee. So, we have our eye on it and worry! Have a great first day of work too..

Lori: We had a few hurricanes in Northern Florida too. Scary with the tornadoes that spin off and stuff..Many a time I remember being without power. Ugh!! Have a great day picking those classes..

Iris: That happens to me sometimes. Alot with the older workouts like the volume 1 step workouts. I can never remember doing them! HAHA Probably because they don't come up on workouts. So, I don't do them often..

Ok, gotta get school lessons started now..I will be tackling Imax 2 today. I like that one. Yesterday I rested and did some yoga geared toward back pain..Back is still sore but better!

Be back later!!

Good morning,

Vlima, I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure your DD starting college adds stress to the mix. Is she going local?

Ivy, hope Fay isn't tthat big of a deal. Now, that I'm getting acquainted with 4DS I think I have to make some kind of weight log for all the weights I use. I haven't quite figured out what the right weight is for everything yet for me...

Lori, Step Blast is one of my favorites for step cardio...though the double cardio step from 4DS is competing for it now. But I often have to cut out the challenge depending on time and energy lately. Imax2 is fun but its still pretty hard for me.

Iris, have fun with HSC. I don't have enough workouts yet to have your problem :). But hopefully soon!

Kathy, have fun with Imax2. Do you do yoga by yourself or do you follow DVD work?

I had to take Saturday as my rest day (it was sort of forced on me) but I came back on Sunday with LIC. Unfortunately, I cut it short 50 minutes in because drama came up...ahhh...drama. But I still felt good getting something in on 8 inches (I have this goal of doing 8 inches at least once every 8 days -- I'm funny like that). The goal today was to do do HIS/Chest and Back but its going to have to wait until I get home today which sorta sucks, but I'll deal. Boss is coming back today, PT in the morning, but nothing huge planned so my hope is that maybe I can do something light at the school gym during lunch. I'm sure I'll be futzing around later so bbl.

Just a quick note! My doc just called me and said that my HRM results showed that I have Prolonged Heart pauses in the night when sleeping. Don't know what that means, but he says I have to see a cardiologist. I'm going to workout now. I'll bb when I'm done :)

Hi everyone!

Well, I was supposed to do 4ds all upper body, but I ended up doing only 15 mins of it. My DD gets out of school soon and I couldn’t finish. Today I went to work for 2 hours and ½ to get the classroom ready. If I can get my workout in tonight I will.

Lori: WTG on Step Blast. That’s on schedule for me tomorrow (if I have electricity then). Fay is Cat 2, and it’s at 60 MPH and it’s going NNW. I hope it weakens soon! Hurricane Hugo went to Puerto Rico and I was there, supposedly it was the worst hurricane that ever hit PR.

Iris: Have fun with HSC. I bought that dvd about 4 yrs ago and still haven’t used it, LOL! I need to get to it soon! Fay is still a tropical storm. I pray that it doesn’t turn into a hurricane. It’s only 12 MPH away from turning into it.

Kathy: I remember about your family too! I knew you had come down here to visit them. I hope we will all be ok. My mom assures me that everything will be ok from the way the TS looks right now so that makes me feel better. Have fun with IM2, I love that workout!!

Hottie: I hope Fay doesn’t turn out to be a big deal. Everyone here is just talking about it, they are comparing it to Hurricane Charles (I wasn’t here then). I need to make a weight log chart too, because I get confused on which weights to use.

Well, time to get my DD at school and help her with homework and also start cooking dinner soon. I hope to check back in later if I can. Have a good day everyone! :)

Happy Monday!

Checking in quickly before I head downstairs to do IMAX 2! I was lucky enough to be woken up early by a chain saw and the smell of 'gas' from the back yard. Thanks, DH!! :confused:

But since I'm up early, will start my workout earlier...

be back with the Pina Coloda song in my brain....

Hi again ladies!!

I got finished with Imax 2 and was a sweaty mess. Then, I took the kids to the pool. Now I am getting ready to finish a Danielle Steel novel I can't put down (The Klone and I). I love Danielle Steel books. Does anyone like her?

Hottie: No, I use a DVD for my yoga and stretching. Usually I do cathe's stretching DVD. I love that one. Bt, I have some Kathy Smith, Amy Bento, FIRM and a Gaiam one that focuses on back pain..Great job getting some of the workout in. Something is better than nothing!!

Ivy: I was hoping that your dr wouldn't find anything. Good luck with the cardiologist! Oh and I am praying for you that Fay is nothing and your heart is good!

Chris: Sorry your sleep was disturbed. Hubby can't stand it if I am sleeping and he is awake. He is the noisest!!..

Thanks Hottie..I will be checking out the fit by cathe line...

Hi Everyone! Checking in late today. I did GS Legs today -- I don't do it very often because it freezes in my dvd player, so I have to drag a laptop to the workout room, and for whatever reason, that's a block for me. But, I did it. I always think of you guys when getting to that first stretch at the end that is so impossible to do. I know I'm going to have doms tomorrow!

Lori, I don't have pure strength either. I'm doing GS this week, and 4DS next week.

Vilma, so happy to see you back! I completely understand that it's tough to communicate with people if you get into that space. Hopefully you are indeed pulling out of it. Seems to me your daughter starting college might have something to do with it, but who knows.

Ivy, good luck with the weather gods!!

I just came from shopcathe.com, actually. I'm so in need of a new stability ball. It was pretty tough getting through the ball sections of gs legs this morning -- my ball has a leak and we pump it up occasionally, but it's getting flat again. Can't wait to get the new one. Wow, the balls we used on the road trip were so awesome -- did you notice that, Becca? We had a blast bouncing on them!!

cheers,

-Beth

Hey Guys!

I'm back, and I survived IMAX 2! WOO HOO!

I had ONE issue: my left calf is tugging a little. I'm going to have to be careful. Or I'll be in trouble again. But otherwise, the workout wasn't THAT bad, and only a few of the intervals really kick my butt (the plyo jacks and the plie jack intervals mostly!).

Vilma!!: Sooo good to have you back!! I can NOT believe your daughter is starting college. Wow. Aren't we all in our 20's?? How can you have a daughter starting college??? Your run sounds therepeutic and if it's what you feel like doing, there's nothing wrong with that!

Ivy: Stay safe from the TS or Hurricane! My sister and her family are in Miami the last few weeks of August. So I'm hoping they all are ok too! Seems like they always get some kind of storm/hurricane when they go down in August. Sorry your early AM workout didn't happen. I understand. I remember having problems sneaking in my WO's when my youngest was little too. And he used to fight me tooth and nail about naps too! Hey... hope your heart issue isn't really an issue and you're ok. I was told I had something wrong with my heart in a physical one year, and went to a cardiologist (stupid me forgets what it was exactly)> Anyways, he assured me it was NOTHING and not to worry about it AT ALL! Hope the same happens for you!!

Lori: I think you could just do the GS workouts again this week. It certainly wouldn't hurt!! Maybe throw in a Legs & Glutes for a sub just to make it more interesting. Do you have SLow & Heavy? THAT would also be a good sub for PS. Step Blast is a blast!! It always goes fast for me!

Iris: HSC also goes fast for me! Circuits break things up and I really enjoy then when I get to do them. Hope you liked it!

Hottie: Drama is an irritating interuption to working out! Hope things are ok! And your leg is feeling better too?

Kathy: Hi-5's on IMAX2!! It's always fun to do, I always get into that music, ALL of it! Oohhhh, I used to love Danielle Steele. I haven't read her in forever. I do actually remember The Clone and I. THAT was one of my least favorites of hers. It was so weird. So unbelievable. i didn't get it! LOL!! I'm reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. It's quite interesting so far, talks about growing up a Chinese young girl, and foot binding (oh MY!!!!).

Yep! Definitely going to check out the Cathe's Fit Line too! I'm thinking definitely about getting the bands. But I'm going to wait for STS and see what I feel like I *need* for those workouts. ...

Off to the shower and to rustle up some grub for supper here!!

See ya later...

Hey Beth!!!

We must have been posting at the same time! (you owe me a beer!)

YES! I totally know that stretch at the end of GS:Legs! OWWWW!!! That is a killer! Last time I did ab work before the stretch and it was easier to get into.

Kathy: Thanks! I also hope that there is nothing wrong with me heart. That has me kind of down now until I find out what’s going on. WTG on Imax 2.

Beth Thanks! WTG on GSL, that’s a though one.

Chris: WTG on Imax 2, that’s such a fun workout. Thanks about the heart. I hope it’s nothing wrong too. I did a search online and it says that something like that is completely normal, but we’ll see what the cardiologist says. I’ll keep you all updated

Well, back to cooking dinner. I’ll bb tomorrow if the weather permits. Have a goodnight everyone!

Hey Chris: I haven't read that book.. I may check it out. I have recently gotten back into Danielle Steel. I haven't read her books in ages. I picked up The Cottage to take on the plane to Florida and got hooked again. The Klone and I was a great read. But, your right it is a strange story. I loved the romance between her and Peter and just read over the parts with the Klone. I enjoyed it though. I am going to start on Mirror Images next. Have you read that one?

Beth: I clicked on the weighted gloves and nothing came up..I guess they aren't in yet. That is what I am interested in oredering right now. I want the weight vest too. Thought I could use it walking or running or something. I want a new band too with more resistance. I wonder if she will be using those cords in upcoming videos. DId they talk abou them on the RT...Becca or BEth or Lisa????

Chris -- here's your beer.... it's a nice cold Blue Star from North Coast Brewing Co. - a discovery when we were on vacation, and my new favorite.

Kathy, they didn't talk about the tubing at all, that I remember, on the RT. There was an Altus rep there, and there was quite a bit of talk about the new line, and as you know, he had a bunch of things there we could actually touch and try, but I remember nothing about the tubing -- is that what you meant by "cords"? On the bands... they actually gave us all a box of the new bands, and we used them in the last class, I think it was (it was a big joke, because Cathe kept telling us to bring them to class, and we kept carrying them around, but not using them, and so then when we finally needed them, of course a bunch of didn't have them! Including me - someone loaned me one). Her bands are very tight -- well, I don't know how to describe them, but they are much more difficult than I'm used to! Actually, I haven't opened up my box yet -- this is feedback from the class use. At breakfast on the last Sunday, I was sitting at a table right behind Brenda, Jai, Cedie, and Lorrayne and even they were talking about the bands, and I think (I wasn't totally evesdropping (-:) they were complaining about them being tough. The stability balls were really bouncy and I cannot wait to get my very own!

-Beth

Good Evening Ladies! I am at work, and it is dead tonight! Thank god we close in an hour.....*sigh* Anyways, I officially love HSC...my biceps burned today! It's about time.

Kathy- I used to read Danielle Steele, but am now really into Nora Roberts...:)
Lap- How are you holding up with Fay?
Boingo- I am also liking circuit workouts more and more! The time does seem to go by quicker...HSC ranks right up there with Bootcamp for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.