August 08 Checkin Monday the 4th

randidiane

Cathlete
Good Morning!!
I thought I would start since up up at 5am! I guess I'm going to get my workout out of the way. PS Biceps and Back abs. I do have to work today, 10-7 Yuck it takes up my whole day!:mad: What is on everyones agenda today? I really wish I was going on this RT! I went last year and it was so overwhelming and emotional(happy though). But i've gotten to know more people on here so if I make it next year I'll know more people and I would feel more comfortable:)
Have a great day!
Randi

Goodmorning Randi and everyone who follows..Well, I'm SUPER excited!!! Today is my first day of my Lower Body Solution rotation and I'm so looking forward to it! Today will be BM2 and I can't wait! I took all my measurements and weight. Now I need to take my before and after pics. I hope you all enjoy your workouts today!

BBL :)

Good Morning Randi and Ivy and everyone!

Today starts my 2nd week in the July rotation..doing Legs and Glutes.

Randi- I know what you mean about the RT! By next year we'll definitely know some more people....which I think will work out better...;) And I know all about the 10-7 shift...*sigh*...my normal shift as well.

Ivy- Good luck with BM2! One of my all time faves!

BBL

Iris

Good Morning Randi, Iris, Ivy and all that follow.

Today called for 50 min of your favorite cardio...not that running is my Fav I thought today I would go for a run. I am so proud of myself because I usually don't go running by myself because of safety issues and I don't seem to know how to pace myself. I run on back roads and in some sections there are no houses. :confused: I did it!!! I ran slightly over 4 miles. Even up hills with out stopping.:D:D Yes I am tooting my horn here but I feel so good right now. This is even with a dog running into the road chasing me and barking. I am glad that I read in Runners World what to do when this happens. I did exactly what it said and it worked. They say to stop running and walk backward and yell NO GO HOME!! Then I was like what am I going to do I have to turn around and go by that dog again. It worked again and thankfully the neighbor was out side so I felt a little safer. :p

Sounds like everyone is having good work outs.

I will BBL to check back. Going to see what is going on in Cathe Land.

Lori

Lori Way to go on your run! I read something like that on a magazine that when you find yourself with a dog trying to chase you while you run to do just that. I can't believe it worked! That's great that it worked for you :) That's the whole reason I don't run outside, I'm scared a dog might chase me down. You did a great job Lori!

I'm going to get ready to start my BM2 and so looking forward to it! BB when I'm done :)

Hi everyone...

Boy do I miss posting..I've had a great but whirlwind long weekend, that I'm extremely grateful for the civic holiday today to get some rest. Huge cultural events attracting 1.5 million visitors to my city also made things feel over the top but there such a positive vibe it was hard to not get caught up in the festivities. I went to my first ever wedding held on a Friday...thought I wouldn't have a good time because I would be tired after work, but it was fantastic. In terms of workouts, I stuck with alot of cardio with some conditioning exercises built in such as Cathe kick boxing and Itrain workouts I was going to start my heavy strength rotation this week, but I'll hold off until next and continue doing active recovery stuff:

IVY--Your one brave women, BM2 is tough on every level but so thorough...I admire anyone who can do cathe step work. I love her kick boxing workouts and step routines that are not complex. I hope you have an amazing workout

Lori-congratulations on your 4 mile run!

Randi-Your comments got me really thinking about possibly going on a road trip before they get to massive and popular. I'm a huge Turbo Jam/Chalene Johnson fan and would love to go to her camp she holds in the summer as well. So many choices, too little time

Ivy-Legs and glutes is a leg fryer. I think its an amazing workout that doesn't get enough buzz IMHO. Hope you enjoyed it.

Until next time,
Justine :)

Ivy -- let me know how BM2 is. It looks super fun but I have to say its level intimidates me. Do you do it on a 6 inch or an 8 inch step?

Randi, Iris -- this weekend my DH asked me if I wanted to do the RT next year because he'd make it an anniversary present for me, but I laughed because I thought he was just trying to get out of thinking anything romantic next year! It's weird though...I'm not sure if I want to do it because I went to school and my parents still live in the town next to Cathe's big gym (and I'm not sure how many people will believe me, but Cedie was actually my gym teacher in MS -- but I have the yearbooks to prove it!...though after realizing that I can't really call her Cedie anymore..). Do you know how the packaging works...as in do I have to pay for hotel etc.? Because maybe I could just come to the gym during the RT...then again, I don't really thrill about going back to humid South Jersey from LA in the late summer...

Lori -- that's such good advice about running with dogs. My DH likes to train for 5Ks but honestly I think he enjoys the doggie breaks because he inevitable plays with them. I hope when I lose maybe another 15 pounds to start running outside again but that also depends if the doctor says its a good idea for me to do running (as opposed to elliptical) again -- frankly, he's surprised that I can do step without too much pain. (I have weird feet.)

Justine -- enjoy your active recovery!

I'm getting ready to do my circuit day again, shower, go late to work, troubleshoot my experiment, go to physical therapy, and pick up DH to hopefully to come to a mailbox with 4DS! DH says he'll do the kickboxing workout with me. :)

(Yeah, this was one my longer responses -- can you tell I don't want to go to work? ;))

Lower Body Solution Rotation!

I'M ALIVE!!!!!! LOL!!!! All I can say is OMG!!! BM2 was fun, but TOUGH! I thought I would not make it all the way. I did have to stop a little in between power circuits (those are killers, lol). I've NEVER done BM2 completely like that. I've only done premixes. When I finished the step and power circuits (1 hour already) I decided to check how many calories I burned and it was 580!!! Then kept going to the rest and at the end of the workout it said I had burned 796 calories in 130 minutes. I'm glad I finished it, even though I took little breaks here and there because I had to catch my breathe, lol.

Hottie BM2 was fun but was super tough. I thought I wouldn't live through it, lol. And I only used a 6 in step, lol! Can you imagine what would have happened to me if I would have used the 8 in, LOL!!!!!!!! I hope you get your 4DS today! It's so awesome to get a new DVD in the mail :) Have fun kickboxing with DH.

Justine Thanks! I enjoyed BM2, but that was tough! Enjoy your active recovery.

Iris I love L&G! I haven't done it in a long time! Have fun! :)

BBL

Hey Everyone!!

I missed Randi by a mile! I just got done with my workout. After my 2nd overnight at work, I got home, slept from 9am-10:30am , when I got woken up with a phone call from Zach's camp(I was in a PANIC!!), but it was just a question about his meds. Phsewwww!! Then I went back to bed until 1pm. Got up, got the mail , and to my wonderful surprise, CARDIO HITS was in the mailbox! So I found what I was going to do on my FIRST day of AUG. 08 Rotation!...

I did Step Works, which was a ton of fun!! I love encorporating a new step routine with some old AND new step moves. Fun and sweaty! I ended the cool down a bit early, (got kind of bored with the 'funky step' cool down) and went right into Stretch Max, with the band.

Now I have to go off to the shower before I go pick up Zach from Camp!!!

Ivy: DOUBLE HI-5's on BM2!! THAT is a TOUGH TOUGH workout to get through. And LONG!! Good going, girl!!!

Lori: DOUBLE HI-5's to you too for that run!! I'm soooo envious!! I miss my runs, just can't do them with my kids homw over the summer. I never knew that about dogs, thanks for sharing, and glad it worked!!

Pinny: Legs & glutes rotation! You are a brave woman! Let us know how the lower body is feeling!!!

Hottie: Hope you got to play with 4DS. That's sooo freakin cool that Cedie was your gym teacher! I would love to go on the RT some day too. Not sure it could happen. Since I don't get many weekends off from work, and when I do take them, they're for and with my family. I'm always so jealous of them though!

Justine: Sounds like you had a fun weekend !! Where do you live again? The wedding also sounds like a blast. I love weddings and always have fun! (and get way too drunk!)... Your active recovery week sounds good, ALWAYS refreshing to take one!

I better run..
BBL!

Goodness I thought I had posted in this thread today - guess I didn't - Ooops :eek:

So I did CCv7 - great run, burned calories and well I always feel great when I'm done knowing I gave it my all and ended up a big ol' sweaty mess
woowoo.gif

I hope to bbl for personals soon I have tons going on here and ugh! I need a Calgon bath to just relax

picture.php

Chris Thanks! :) That's great that you got CH in the mail today! The step workouts on there are so much fun! Way to go!

Vilma Great run! I love when I sweat big time when I workout. It makes me feel like I pushed myself hard! :)

I'll try my best to check in again later :)

Thanks for all the way to go and high 5's!!!! :D I am still feeling pumped from my run this morning!

Hottie I would jump at the chance if my DH wanted to send me on the road trip. I so wanted to go but like I said before I didn't know anyone so may be next year. That is neat that Cedie was your Gym teacher you should scan a pic and post it. I know what you mean about not being able to call her by her first name. My gym teacher goes to my church and everyone calls him Bob I can't he will always be Mr. Nelson.:eek:

Vilma I was noticing that you were MIA I am glad you checked in. Glad you had a good run.

Chris I know what you mean about running with the kids home. My son Zack is 14 so I can leave them home. Just a thought have you ever tried running with the boys and letting them ride their bike? It can be a bit of a challenge but at least you can get out.

I just got back from a bike ride with the boys it was short 2 miles. We had FUN. One of the reasons I work out is so that my boys will follow my example when they are older and live a healthy lifestyle.

Ivy glad you lived to tell about BM2;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.