August '08 Checkin***Thursday Aug. 7th

Pinny150

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!!

Today is the 4DS Bootcamp/Kickbox premix....just what I need after MIS yesterday. My chest,lats, and glutes are ON FIRE... yikes...lol

I hope you all have great workouts! BBS...

Iris

Hi Iris and all to follow...

My Upper Body is still feeling PUB from Tuesday. Ouch!!! Today's workout will be Pyramid lower Body. Then my whole body can be in pain! LOL

Be back later..

Goodmorning Iris, Kathy and all who follow

Today will be Imax 2 and I'm looking forward to it! I love cardio workouts that have to use the step :) Today I woke up sore from yesterday's workout! My abs are on fire! I've never felt my abs like this before. I guess it's because I pushed myself yesterday and decided not to give up.

Iris Have fun with 4DS Kickboxing/Bootcamp, I love that premix!

Kathy Goodluck with PLB, that's one I couldn't do, lol.

Well, I'm going to work today at the daycare at church, but it's only to get the classroom ready for September. I will be working only 1-2 hours, then coming home to workout.

I hope you all have a great workout today! I'll BB later :)

Iris-Yesterday I thought you did MIC-That makes me drenched.Now MIS makes me hurt!!Have fun doing bootcamp I don't have that one yet!!

Kathy-Have fun doing PLB-I am still a bit sore from tuesday.Those stability ball exercises are killer!!!

Today is body max-haven't done that for awhile.Have a great day Everyone BBL

Good Morning All:cool:

Today I did the dreaded Imax3:mad: ugh...thats all I have to say about that one.

Nurse is that Body Max 1 or 2? either way I like both of them.

Kathy I agree the stability ball is a killer I have to be careful while doing them I had back surgery about 2 years ago and for some reason I feel it in my lower back. I have to modify I can't put my leg in the air so I keep it on the floor.

Ivy have fun with Imax 2, Iris I love Bootcamp/kickbox premix.

BBL

Lori

Hi Lori, Lisa and Ivy: I agree about the ball. I am not looking forward to the stability ball part of PLB...Right now I am getting the kids school lessons done.

Body max is a toughie too..

Imax 2 is one of my favorites and I did Imax 3 yesterday. Have great workouts ladies..

Hey all,

Iris, Now that I got 4DS, I really would love to be doing the Kickbox Bootcamp premix but I thin I'll have to ramp up to that after getting used to the DVDs a little. :)

Kathy, how effective do you think the pyramid method is for gaining muscle? I'm always curious about how all these work together.

Iris, Imax2 is fun though I have to have a ton of energy to actually take it on. In fact, sometimes the idea of doing an Imax workouts scares me so much that I'll do a bunch of other workouts that take longer just so I can avoid Imax. (Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if I have yet to complete Imax2 in its entirety...but I'll get up to it eventually.)

Nurse34, have fun with body max!

Lori, yeah, still am not touching that Imax3...

I'm not sure how I'm going to work out today exactly. My hope is that I can come home and tackle the step choreography to the two step workouts in 4DS and maybe some elliptical work but that depends on my knee. Yesterday, the Haz Waste people were doing their weekly pickup and with their big cart I guess the one guy didn't see me and plowed his incredibly heavy cart into my left knee and it was hurting all yesterday and still a little today too (it's like a weird locking kind of pain too). Not sure why he was pushing at such a great speed but it was a different guy that the normal guy who comes around. If it feels better by the time I come home today, I'll work out but if not I'm going to give it another day's rest.

Keep your fingers crossed for us -- DH is having his third big dog interview this morning (and hopefully the last and then an offer). He was so anxious he could barely sleep last night, but I still think he'll do fine.

Hi Everyone :)

I had a pretty crappy night last night. I didn't get any sleep, felt like I did a night shift at work. My 12 year old's son's blood sugars were out of control high, and one more notch up, he would have bought a ticket to the ER. But we were able to avoid it, Thank God! My 6 year old had fevers of 102-103 all night long. Once I had a break from one, the other would need me.

Oddly enough, I'm not feeling tired, and I WANT to do PLB and Coremax. Just waiting for things to settle here though. IF they do.

Everyone's workouts sound great!

Pinney: BC/KB premix sounds crazy after MIS!! :eek: You go, girl!!!

Kathy: Will be thinking about you while I do MY PLB! (is there ball work too? uh oh!)

Iris: Have fun with IMAX2! My favorite of all the Imaxes!!

Nurse34: BM is a good one!! Let us know how you do!

Lori: Hi-5's on getting IMAX3 DONE! Not easy! When is your WI day? Is it today? Let us know how you do!

Just waiting for a call from Zach's doctor to see if it's ok he goes to camp and then I'll dive into PLB...

BBL

Forgot to add:

Hottie: OUCH! On the guy bumping you !! Hope it's ok! take it easy on yourself, just in case...

Hi all!

Today was supposed to be a family outing to the beach but the darned home improvement guy didn't finish his work yesterday so there's goes or beach day meh!

PLB today, yesterday since HIG (home improvement guy) was here and in my space I ended going out and shopped instead. I can't stand the smell of chalky sanded drywall particles but I did see some nice kitchen sinks and countertops lol

Ugh!

Hello everyone!! Wow, great workouts already!!

Vilma, hope you can get to that beach day soon! Have fun with PLB, if you can call it "fun". ;)

Chris, sorry to hear about the rough night. :( Kids can really worry you.

Hottie, ow on your knee!! And, good luck to your hubby! I'll have my fingers crossed for him. Don't underestimate yourself! I bet you could do more of Imax2 than you think you could. Start it with saying to yourself that you can quit when you feel like it's too much and modify when you need to. You might surprise yourself and finish the whole thing! The step choreography is a bit tricky in 4DS but once you get it, it's fun.

Lori, congrats on getting Imax3 done! I avoided that one yesterday, but after what I just wrote to Hottie above, I should have just bit the bullet and did it, right? ;)

Nurse, both BodyMax kill me!! So tough. Have fun with it.

Ivy, I do love Imax2 too! The music really adds to it.

Iris, I'm not sure that I've ever done the 4DS bootcamp/kickbox premix. Does it mix up the workouts or just do one after the other?

Kathy, have fun with PLB!

I did PLB this morning. I love the deadlifts! All the changing of barbell plates is a bit annoying, though. I do try to use dumbbells where I can, though. I have to pause so much because I can't change them anywhere near as fast as Cathe. It's a great workout, though. I always forget how tortureous the ball stuff at the end is. Kind of like childbirth, I guess! It's so painful you block it out till the next time! Ha!

Hope you all have a great day!

Joanne

Yes Chris today was WI I went thinking that that I had a gain but to my surprise:eek: I am down .6 not a pound but it is still a loss.:eek::eek: I'll take it. I need to write down everything that I eat. I haven't been good about that. you know the saying "you bite it you write it"

Sorry to hear about the night you had. Does it a happen frequently with diabetes? I really don't know to much about it. I hope both your sons are doing better.

Hottie hows the knee? to answer you question about if we are home while the house is shown. No we leave. I don't think I could be here while they are looking.
Any news on you Hubby???

Vilma that stinks that you couldn't get to the beach. Soon I hope. How was your workout??

Got to run and get the house ready for tonight.

Kathy how was PLB??? Did you survive the ball?? How is homeschooling going. you sure do start early.
Lori

Hi everyone!!

Chris: What a night!! Poor guys..I hope they are both better today. I don't know how you can function with being up. Good for you! yes, there is ball work in PLB..!! Tough ball work!! I ended up doing the outer thigh stuff on the floor with Brenda and it still was hurting!!

Hottie: So sorry to hear about that knee. I think that guy needs to pay attention when he is lugging a huge thing around..He could seriously hurt someone..Good luck to your hubby on that job interview...Let us know how it turns out...What kind of work does he do?

Joanne: I agree with you on that PLB ball work. It is so tough!! I will be sore tomorrow like usual..

Vilma: I hate that drywall smell too. Hope you are able to get to the beach.

Lori: Way to go on the weight loss. A loss is a loss!! I did survive barely. That ball stuff is hard..Yes, we are starting lessons early. But, I like to start in August and finish in May. Usually August is a little more low key for us and May through July is busy with travelling and activities. So, it works good for us..The kids have been real good sports about getting back to it too. That helps..They pulled their books out on Tuesday without me telling them to do it..That is such a big hi-5 thing for us!!

hey everyone.. I got this photo loaded on the computer. This is me with my new neice Keira. we went to see her and go to her baptism in Florida last week..

keirame.jpg

This is a better photo of her..

keira.jpg

Awww, Kathy, your niece is adorable!! So sweet!

I've had some insurance issues with my daughter's upcoming surgery and am so frustrated!! It's just a matter of getting the right people to talk to each other, but UGGGHHH!! So, feeling very stressed, I went and did itread 32 on the treadmill during lunch. Feeling much better now. Can I just say I hate insurance companies!

I'm going to try to post a picture....let's see if this works. If so, that's my crazy crew of kids!

Attachments

• 448414312112_0_ALB.jpg
    448414312112_0_ALB.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 6
Lower Body Solution Rotation

Hi Everyone!

Well, I just finished Imax 2 and it was fun, but tough! I had to stop a couple of times at the end because I felt like I was going to hit the floor, lol. I burned 473 calories. And I’m soaked! I had an awesome workout today!

Hottie: Imax 2 was very tough! I did finished it all the way, but at the end I had to catch my breath a couple of times because it was too hard, lol. I’m sorry you hurt your knee, I hope it gets better soon. And I hope you husband has a great interview today!

Chris: I’m sorry to hear you had a hard night last night. I hope both of your sons are feeling much better. Enjoy PLB.

Joanne: Hi-5 on the PLB. I never was able to finish that workout. That’s why I sold the dvd, lol. Now I regret it.

Kathy: You niece is SUPER cute!!! She is just adorable!

Joanne: Your kids are so cute!! I have to post some of mines soon.

You all did a great workout today! And for those you haven’t yet, I hope you guys enjoy your workouts today! I’ll try to be back later on today.

P.S. Tomorrow is GS Legs and I'm so nervous about this workout, lol! My legs are fried and I can't imagine how I will be tomorrow! aahhh!!!

:)

Joanne: I know what you mean about insurance companies. When they do a great job, it is good. But, when they make it hard it is really hard. Great photos! your kids are soooo cute. Glad you finally posted one of you too. Good to "see" you..

Ivy: Thanks..I couldn't stop giving her kisses!! I think my legs will be fried along with yours tomorrow!!

Hi everyone...

Kathy...You have one adorable niece, look at those eyes and cheeks!! :eek:

Joanne...your kids are cute! My mom used to dress my sister and I in matching outfits and threatens she will show the world in a power point presentation the day I get married :eek:

Iris...you did my favourite workout today, there something about that premix that makes time fly. I am now going to have to purchase Drill MAX so I can experience more boot camp action by Cathe

Ivy, Lori and nurse-I hope you had a great workout today, IMAX any version and Body Max are intense but fun workouts!

Hottie-I hope your knee gets better and that DH gets the position

Chris and Vilma: I look forward to doing PUB/PLB when I start my new rotation next Friday. I got some amazing results using this type of split in the past. Hope you had a fantastic workout!

Today I did NOTHING....and I feel great!!!

Hey Guys!

Here I am, STILL not falling down with fatigue! Weird! Thanks for everyone's sympathy... DH is now off for 4 nights, so we can at least split it up if there's problems. Zach's blood sugars were ok, he went to camp late, but went. My other son, Jake, STILL is running a fever. ALL day. It's weird. NO other symptoms either. Kids, I tell ya!

So I cranked out PLB and since I had the ball out :)eek:) , I did Coremax #2 with the Ball. Oh MY!! Kathy & Vilma & Joanne: We can compare notes on DOMS tomorrow!! :D

Vilma: Sorry you guys missed a beach day! I love the beach, and I'd be PO'd if I had to miss it for something like that.

Joanne: I could NEVER keep up with PLB if I did the weight changes. I have a barbell where you have to screw and unscrew the weight secure thingie. It's not just a squeezie thingie. I use dumbells instead. I had forgotten the Ball part too. I have to say, it isn't as tortorous as some of the ball work on other workouts , though. .. Also...It's so cool to see YOU in your Avatar! Now I know who I'm "talking" to! You are cute and your kids are all so adorable too! All blonde boys, huh? Mine are too! :D Your daughter is so pretty. I bet she loves having all big brothers to protect her! (or she will in HS!).... Glad you got out some stress on the TM today! I hate the phone, no matter what company I'm talking to, so I understand your frustration with the Insurance Co.!

Speaking of pictures: Kathy!... that baby is adorable! I do love babies, you must have had a ball !

*waves* to Justine! Glad you had a good rest day! Those are sometimes the hardest to take!!

See you guys tomorrow....

Chris I'm glad to hear Zach's blood sugar is ok now :). I hope that your other son feels better soon. :)

I'll bb tomorrow. Goodnight!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.