August '08 Checkin***Friday, Aug. 8th

Pinny150

Cathlete
I am just on fire this week!! I don't know where i'm gonna get the guts for M.E. in the next 10 minutes. Wish I had time for personals!! (probably later after work) i might do the express premix........why add more fuel to the fire in my muscles? lol BBL!

Iris

Iris: I know what you mean...Tomorrow is Muscle Max for me and my muscles are still sore from the pyramids. Today I have sore hamstrings from yesterday's PLB...

Suzette: In case you don't read the other thread...Have fun on the road trip...Wish I was going..

Kathy-glad we're in the same boat together! lol I ended up doing the express workout for ME...but it didn't seem very express to me!! hehe
Good luck with Muscle Max...that is one of my faves!

I hope everyone has a great workout and a great day! BBL

Iris

Goodmorning Iris and Kathy and all who follow,

Today I'm still sore from Monday's, Wednesday's workout. Today I have to do GS Legs and my legs are still sored. We'll see how I do :)

Iris Goodluck with ME :)

I'll bb later after workout!

Good morning all!

Iris, have fun with ME. When's your next day off from working out?

Kathy, so is today your off day? I showed the clip of MuscleMax to my DH and he was thoroughly impressed.

Ivy, have fun with your workout. :)

I did something gloriously awful last night. Last night after my DH and I had gotten into bed ready to fall asleep we actually woke up and ordered Pizza Hut...not just a pizza, but pizza plus breadsticks, plus pasta, plus that chocolate thing..and for the first time in over a year I think we ate past 9p. It was both awesome and terrible at the same time. We both were laughing as we realized how undisciplined we were and how we were going to be punished on the scale for it. But it was really fun.

I managed to get in both LIS and HIS yesterday. I have most of the footwork down actually (except for that annoying combo #3 blast of HIS...I actually said something like, "oh, COME ONE" at one point). I was sweaty. My left leg isn't perfect but its a lot better. I kept it elevated for most of the day and that helped. Oh and Bayer. Bayer rocks for this kind of pain. Thanks for everyone's kinds words.

And DH is pretty pleased with his interview. He's in the top three and he has a good chance of being their top choice. So we're keeping our fingers crossed.

My goal is to get a circuit workout in today and if I can't do that just a lifting workout but we'll have to see how I manage the last day before our boss arrives...

Chris, you probably finally crashed last night!! Good thing your husband will be home a few nights now. How's your son's fever? I hate that - when my kids have unexplained fevers for a few days. We'll usually wind up taking them to the doctor and they say it's just a virus.

Suzette, have a blast at the road trip!! I'm jealous!

Hottie, hey, you only live once, right?! ;) I have to ask, what's the chocolate thing at Pizza Hut? Anything with chocolate I have to know more about! Just eat lighter today and you'll be fine. I know, that 3rd combo in HIS is so tricky. I don't know why she teaches it from behind like that. It's actually not that complicated once it's put together, but trying to follow along when your back is to the TV just doesn't work.

My legs are a bit sore from PLB, but not as much as they should be given the pain I was feeling during the workout!!

Ivy, good luck with GS Legs. That's on the Aug. rotation for Monday.

Iris, does the ME express workout cut out any of the leg presses? That would be nice if it did! And a few bicep reps!

Hi Kathy! And all that follow...

Haven't done my workout yet for today. I'm going to attempt CCv7 for the first time. Wish me luck!! I'm scared! I'm going to go down to our gym in about an hour or so to beat the lunchtime crowd and make sure I get a treadmill. Our company is buying pizza for everyone for lunch, so I won't feel too guilty for indulging if I survive CC!

Joanne

Hi All! I'm back from vacation -- we had a great time, and I actually worked out every day but one, and I was due for a rest day anyway. They were pretty light workouts except for one day when I went out and ran cc #5 -- Vilma, I think that one is my favorite, though I'm not positive. I also played around with the footwork in HIS -- still have some work to do but getting closer. My family laughed at me.

Kathy, hope you had a great time in Florida! One of these days maybe I'll post some pics and get an avatar.....

have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Ivy: I am sore too..Good luck with GS. that one gets me sore too.

Beth: Do post some photos... I didn't do much of any working out while gone. Good for you..

Joanne: Have a good run and enjoy that pizza!!

Hottie: Good for you and hubby! Everyone needs to have a bad eating night like that. Mine usually invlove Ice cream or frozen yogurt! Those 4DS step workouts are tricky! I haven't done them in a little while. I might be starting over again. No, today wasn't a rest day. I did a FIRM cardio workout and later I am going to take the kids for a bike ride..

Ok..got my workout done. I did a FIRM cardio, Super Cardio Sculpt..I needed a light cardio day as I have sore muscles all over...I need to get ready for MuscleMax tomorrow. I am going to take the kids for a bike ride later. We have a nice breeze here and a bike ride may be pretty nice!!

Talk to you later and hi to everyone else..

Hi All-
2uge4p4.gif

Cardio Coach 6 Sean's version oh yeah
Just_Cuz_13.gif
:D

I feel quite hyper.
2gwb921.gif

Looking Back this week - its really been a topsy turvy one for me.

We did end up going and having our family day at the beach yesterday afterall
47b20s0.gif
- HIG left early - only to come back next week - UGH!

I tell ya for just a small section that needed to be done this guy is such a royal PITA perfectionist. Well at least it will be done and something we won't need to worry about when we place our house on the market.

Beth V5 is next on my list of favorites so what were you the lion or the gazelle RAWR!

okay kids are fighting gotta go
Hope to BBL

picture.php

Hey Guys :)

Yep, *it* hit me today. Even though I actually got to sleep last night (minus the multiple trips to the bathroom... I drink WAY too much water, I think!), I'm "logey" feeling today. I almost was going to skip my WO, and make up for cardio AND weights tomorrow with a Terminator WO. Bbbbbut, I'm afraid I won't be up for the Terminator tomorrow, since I have to go to work & everything. So, I did a Turbo Jam Cardio Party today. I'm telling ya, that music gets me every time. Even if I don't *feel* like it, I'm jammin, and shakin, and punchin and kickin and jumpin! It's crazy and fun! But, now I'm pooped again... LOL!

AND...strange as it is, PUB DOMS started to kick in TODAY, 2 days later! AND PLB, all at the same time! Helllooooooo!!!

Iris: I felt that way, and ended up with a shorter cardio today, but not less intense. Sounds like that happended with your ME timesaver too!

Ivy: Hope GS goes ok for you today! How was your few hours of work yesterday with your son there? Did you like it?

Hottie: LOL @ your naughty night pizza party! I think we have to do these things every now and then just to get it out our system! Soundsl like fun! (DON'T step on the scale today though!!). HIS & LIS are blasts, aren't they ? I love the music too! Yes, that evil Combo #3 on HIS. Joanne is right, it's really NOT that complicated, but taught with your back to the TV, it is! I've gotten the move once or twice and always feel so dang proud of myself when I do. Glad your leg is a bit better AND that DH did Top 3 at the interview!!! Hope he gets it!!

Joanne: Yep. Jake's fever seems to be down today. I think it finally broke on its own last night. he jumped into bed with me, and he was all cool and sweaty, and I hadn't given him tylenol. It's also better today. Always a "virus" , I know what you mean! I am very grateful DH is home this weekend!! Run hard for that pizza!!!

Beth: Welcome back!!!! Hope you had a nice time, how was the weather? Would love to see pictures!! Do post them!! Good for you for working out while away. it's not easy!

Kathy: I know what you mean about needing a lighter cardio. Is that what Cathe intended for today on the rotation ya think? I have no idea what the intensity is of "cycling".

Vilma: HURRAY for the day at the beach! Glad you got it in!! The sea air always revives me!! I know I don't have to tell you to have fun with Sean ;)

As soon as hubby gets back with the kiddos, going to take my youngest with me to Target, for my neverending hunt for a swimsuit for my 12 year old! (I am currently washing his every day! ugh!)

BBL!

:cool:

Chris: I am so with you on those DOMS...My outer thighs, hamstrings and quads are certainly feeling it. I can lift my arms up a little better today. But, boy is my upper body mainly chest, screaming!!! Good luck on the swimsuit search. Chris has two and Lauren has several. I just make sure to wash Chris' after he wears it..

Vilma: Glad you were able to get to the beach yesterday...

Hello Everyone,

I just finished GS Legs and I pushed myself harder then ever! Usually when I do this workout, I stop a lot and don’t finish the reps, but this time I made it all the way and I’m so proud of myself. I can also say that tomorrow will be another sore day, LOL! Maybe all month long since this is a lower body rotation, lol! But, I love it! Can’t wait to see the final results.

Hottie: LOL! You know, DH and I did the same thing last year. We went to bed and then we were like “Hey lets get some Wendy’s.” It was also after 9pm, LOL! But, we don’t do that often, so it wasn’t bad. I LOVE PH!!! Their pizza is so good! Goodluck with your workout today! Glad to hear everything went well with your husband’s interview.

Joanne: Goodluck with CCv7, I’ve been meaning to try that kind of workout, but I’m not a runner. Maybe I should get that for DH!!!!! He loves to run! Why couldn’t I think of that before!

Beth: Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great vacation!

Kathy: Enjoy your bike ride!

Sorry girls, can’t finish writing to others right now. A BAD storm is here and I have to turn off the computer. That was super fast. BB later!!

Yea, I finished it!! I did CC v7. What a great workout!! The time really went much faster than it seems to with itreads. Maybe it's just because it's the first time I've done the workout. I went 5 miles!

Ivy, great job with GS Legs!! You should be proud. If your DH is a runner, he would love the cardio coaches.

Chris and Kathy, yea, I always feel like I'm washing swimsuits and soccer clothes too! Especially the socks. Two of the boys are in a soccer camp this week and come home just drenched in sweat. Eww!! Then they complain when I make them take showers. At what age do they actually want to be clean?? I know, when they start to like girls. I'm in no hurry for that. But I digress....;).

Chris, glad Jake's fever is down. Now you just have to hope your other son doesn't get it, right? I know, Turbo Jam's are what I usually reach for if I just don't have it in me to do a Cathe workout.

Kathy, hope you can get your bike ride in. That sounds fun.

Beth, welcome back! Where did you go again? Yes, please do post some pics!!

Vilma, glad you could make it to the beach afterall. I have V6 but haven't done it for a long time. I'll have to try it soon.

Oh, the pizza was just OK. But it was free so I'm not complaining! Although I just remembered that we're supposed to be having pizza at home tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone if I don't get back here. Tomorrow will be Muscle Max and Sunday a very much needed rest day! Our block party is Saturday so that is good timing for a rest day!

Joanne

Good Afternoon everyone...Looks like everyone has had GREAT work outs. I am short on time today sooo this is going to be short.:(

I did a 9 mile bike ride this morning. It was an awesome morning to be outdoors and getting my workout done. Tomorrow is muscle max and I don't think I have that one any suggestions as what I should do would be great. DH wants to go on a 6 mile run too. I am up for the challenge. :D

The showing of the house went good they liked but are still looking at more houses.

BBL

Lori

I’m back! The storm only lasted about 30 mins.

Chris: GS Legs went great! My first day of work was nice. We got to talk about what we will be doing through the year and stuff. I’m so excited and can’t wait till September to start. My son loves the classroom. I’m sure this will be good for him too because he will be able to socialize with other kids his age.

Joanne: Great workout on the CCv7. I’m definitely going to check that out for DH. I think that would be great for him.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll bb tomorrow for C&W! I can’t wait to do this workout!

I’ll try to BB later :)

Good evening everyone!

Lap- great job on GS Legs today! I just got that workout recently, but haven't done it yet! And do me a favor tomorrow when you do C&W...think of me when "Buttercup" comes on...lol

Boingo- I've had that happen with the "delayed" DOMS......2 days go by, and BAM...their they are! And yes I had a shorter (but just as intense) workout today!

Hottie- Sunday's are my days off this rotation....I still have to get through IMAX 3 tomorrow...lol And all that matters is that you had fun with your DH doing something so simple as to order out and laugh about it...you are so blessed...;) That being said...calories don't count!!! hehe

JoJo- I WISH the leg presses were left out in the ME premix...LOL And I thought my biceps were gonna pop out of my arms........I forgot how tough they were! Great job on five miles!!! I'm getting more and more sold on CC...

Ok everyone..as usual going to go get ready to enjoy my friday night out dancing...:D

Iris

Iris LOL!!!! You are not going to believe it, but today I was thinking about the buttercup song and about what you said, lol! I will remember you when I hear the song, you can bet! GS Legs is awesome! But a tough one :). Have fun dancing tonight! :)

Time for me to have movie night with DH and have some nachos and wings, LOL! I know...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.