AUGUST 08 Check In for Friday, 8/15

Boingo1

Cathlete
Starting it out for us today!

I MIGHT be switching it up a little this weekend. I'm thinking of doing KPC today and GS: CT tomorrow. Sunday HAS to be my rest day...

Will let you all know!!

What are you all doing?

Good morning Chris and everyone to come...

Today's workout is going to be Gym style Chest and triceps and some ab hits...

I will be back later to chat..Gotta get the kids lessons done!!

From Yesterday:

Count me in for also having Hypothyroidism! Beth , I have Hashimotos too & I think it's been around 10 years with it, if not a few more. They adjusted my dose of Synthroid alot in the beginning, but I've been pretty steady for the last few years. I still get it checked about once a year.

Becca: No worries on changing up MIC to RS yesterday! I would have done the same thing. If I dread a workout, I won't get into it, and it drags forever for me. For some odd reason , I felt like doing it yesterday (even though I do NOT like/hate Hi/Lo of any kind!). Thanks for your description of the RT!!! I haven't gotten such a good rundown from any of the RT posts! And SOOO cool about Cathe using STS at home and getting buffer!! I'm even more excited about getting it now!!............. And yes, we have Fluff in our house. that's what I get for having to take the boys grocery shopping with me during the summer, THEY pick out stuff. :confused:

On Chalene from TJ: I love her! She has a different enthusiasm, but it seems genuine! And she has a contagious amount of energy. I love the TJ workouts, and the music, I think, kicks them up FUN factor BIG time! But yes, it does get monotonous to hear who her "little sister" is!!! :D

off to feed my hungry kitties....

BBL...

I have a doggie staring at me who desperately needs to go out, so this will be quick....

Trembling, shaking arms from GS C&T today, plus I did abs from MM.

If I can raise my arms over my head I will be showering and then off to a playdate.

Have a fantastic Friday all!

Good morning All...

Checking with GS C & T my arms are just like Becca shaky and trembling. Gotta love that feeling. I also did stability ball abs from body fusion.

Wow a lot of you have thyroid issues. It runs in my family too. I don't have it but my Sister, cousin, and a couple of my aunts have it. She also has graves disease. My sister did the radioactive drink to kill her thyroid. Did any of you do that?

Sitting here eating a bunch of grapes that are so yummy. I am home with out any kids I can't believe it school hasn't started and I am alone. 2 of them are at sleep overs and one is on his way to Six Flags.

Well I should take advantage of being alone and do some school work and a little cleaning.

BBL Hope you all have a great day.

Lori

Good morning! Checking in with a rest day here! I was going to get up early and do yoga, but I decided I really needed the extra sleep -- never did fall back asleep, but it was a nice rest.

Becca, your brief post was funny and I could definitely relate (not today of course!).

My thyroid problems never started with hyperthyroidism, so not, I didn't have to do the radioactive route, Lori.

We have a bunny in our backyard that I'm watching right now -- we see him every morning lately -- so cute, and fun to watch! I'm probably disappearing for the rest of the day -- things at work are completely discombobulated, though we decided to put in a wood floor quick before they bring in the new cubicles, and I guess I'm helping! :) Then later today I'm taking my very desperate boys to see the opening day of Clone Wars. I'm very certain I'll be having a late afternoon nap there, though I did actually toy with the thought of doing some stretching in the back of the theater. :)

have a good one!

-Beth

Happy Friday everyone!!

Yep, my arms are fried too. I did GS Chest and Triceps along with Lori and Becca. I could barely lift up my bottle of water this morning. And, my biceps are really sore from earlier this week. I'm a bit bummed...I was planning on doing an itread during my lunch and forgot to bring my workout clothes. Oh, well.

Did anyone notice that after tomorrow's rest day there are about 15 straight days of workouts with no rest on the Aug. rotation? I wonder if Cathe meant to do it like that.

Becca, I loved the pictures too! You look great! That schedule of classes sounds brutal!

Beth, have a good rest day! Although it doesn't sound too restful. What's Clone Wars? Sounds like something my boys may be bugging me to take them to.

Hi Chris. I'm not sure if I'll take my rest day tomorrow or Sunday. I'm looking forward to KPC, though.

BBL I'm sure!

Joanne

Hey ... I'm back!

I did decide to switch up and do KPC today. I slept HORRIBLE last night, in between checking Zach's sugars (which sucked) and having to pee! I think I might cut back on my water today to see if I still get up every hour to go. I mean it's EVERY HOUR! I don't go that much during the day... so, Could I have a "problem"?? :eek:

Anyhow, I woke up quite tired, and with a one-sided headache. Thought the coffee could get rid of the headache, but it didn't. So i took two Advils, STILL had it and thought MAYBE a workout would help. I did KPC, which I struggled with and thought maybe once or twice to stop early, but I didn't, because... I CAN'T do it if the DVD is still running!! I feel compelled to finish it! Anyhow, miracle upon miracles, my headache is GONE!!

I'm looking forward to C&T tomorrow from what you guys are saying!! :)

Becca: My cats were staring at me the same way, waiting for their breakfast! LOL!!!

Lori: Have fun with your day alone today! I am GREEN with jealousy!! I meant to tell you not to worry about your WI this week. TOM will do it every time! Another thing to think about (and maybe your leader has suggested?), are you eating enough? i swear, some days when I was doing Flex, I wasn't getting in enough for the tough workouts we do. I've been eating more with Core (a LOT more fruit and milk), and I've lost a pound or 2 over the last few weeks. Just a thought. That's SOOO cool that you're getting your leader into Cathe! Wait until she sees what tough workouts these are!!......... Oh, and I'm the same as Beth. My thyroid didn't start as HYPERthyroid with the radiation as treatment. I was feeling tired and gained a few pounds, and my GYN suggested I have it tested.

Beth: Resting on "REST" day is fine! If you worry about getting in a yoga or a stretch, it's not worth it. You're supposed to ENJOY it! Good luck with the office renovation today! That's probably workout enough! My DH is a Star Wars fanatic, but not so into seeing the 'cartoon' of Clone Wars. Though they'll probably rent it on DVD when it comes out. We had BABY bunnies and a mom bunny in our yard one Spring. it was sooo cool. The boys found the babies in a hole in the ground!

Joanne: I did notice there was a run of workouts, but next Sunday's is "just" coremax and stretching. An "active" rest. And I'm going to have to switch up the last week somehow, because I can't swing a workout on a Sunday....

Now it's time to feed the kiddos lunch! Always making food here, I swear! :eek:

Goodmorning everyone! Today is rest day and I'm so happy it is. Today I woke up with DOMS from yesterday's workout (MM). And I'm tired too, so it's good it's rest day. I went the JCP and sears with the kids for a little shopping and now I'm making a Bday cake for DH. I hope he doesn't get here soon, lol. Well, the doc called me today and said that my Thyroid levels are normal and that my HRM results came normal too, but wait....He asked urgently what in the world was I doing at 530pm-6pm, LOL!!!!!!!!! I said CATHE!!!! LOL!!!!! He couldn't believe how my heart rate just jumped big time, LOL!!!! But, he said if it was workout then that's ok :) How funny! But, I do have low Iron, so he wants me to do a blood work again on Monday of iron only to make sure. We'll see how that goes. I don't have much time today since I'm going to be with kiddo's and DH.

Hi-5 on the workouts you all completed! And I hope you all who haven't workout enjoy your workouts today! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout (KPC).

P.S. Doc freaked out with HRM at the time of my workout can you imagine if I would have done Imax 3, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! And I did HIS from 4DS, lol.

Enjoy your day today ladies :)

Good morning all.

I've been MIA for a bit...mostly because I've been feeling so crappy on so many different fronts, I just didn't want to bring and bitch about that in the forums. But my knee seems to be fine and I just did Double Cardio Step from 4DS and I feel better. Today's the last day before bossman is back though he's managed to aggravate me before he's even back in the states. The Hardcore series arrived yesterday and I hid them from DH despite my desperately wanting to open them and try something out with him today.

Don't have much time right now (want to get on the freeway before it gets crazy) but everyone have fun with their workouts. But I hope I have time later to talk about the thyroid stuff you guys seemed to chat about yesterday.

bbl

Just wondering if you guys ever read the Blogs? There was one from Vilma the other day that was quite sad and depressed...

Vilma..if you're out there, let us know how you're doing!!!

~Chris

(((Vilma))), hope you're doing better.

Hottie, sorry things are stinky at work! I did have to laugh, though, at your mentioning hiding the hardcore series from your DH! I'm guilty of that! My DH is supportive of me working out, but is a bit amazed at the number of workouts I have, justifiably so!! So, I've grabbed a few out of the mailbox and hid them until he wasn't around and then put them with the others. Like he doesn't notice the stack growing, right?

Ivy, glad everything checked out OK. That's funny what your doc said about what you were doing at 5:30am! Happy B'day to your DH!

Chris, glad you were able to get rid of that headache. I get up usually at least twice to go to the bathroom at night. I'm trying not to drink anything after dinnertime. But then sometimes I wake up so thirsty I can't go back to sleep unless I drink something. So I can't win! Oh yea, now I see that one day is just CoreMax. I was just scanning looking for the word "rest". ;)

Hi everyone -- checking in quickly from my crazy office.

Joanne, you may have figured it out by now, but Clone Wars is the new animated Start Wars movie. Hence the reason I may have a nap! :)

Ivy, funny about what the doctor said, and good that there at least wasn't scary news from him/her.

Hottie, it's good to hear from you -- I noticed we hadn't been hearing from you or Vilma. I hope both of you are feeling better and happier. Chris, I don't read the blogs, but knew that Vilma had been suspicously absent. From a sampling of two here, I'd say when we don't hear from someone for a while, we may want to send a PM and brighten their day a bit, if possible.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Beth

I did have to laugh, though, at your mentioning hiding the hardcore series from your DH! I'm guilty of that! My DH is supportive of me working out, but is a bit amazed at the number of workouts I have, justifiably so!! So, I've grabbed a few out of the mailbox and hid them until he wasn't around and then put them with the others. Like he doesn't notice the stack growing, right?

Well, I'm hiding it from him because its his bday present which is on the 27th. Though I did think about giving him one DVD a day until his bday...;) But seriously, my DH, I love him, but sometimes he's so oblivious when it comes to things we buy. I handle all the financials in the house, I take care of buying presents for his family, and sometimes he doesn't notice things I buy for the house for months! He's silly. :)

Hey everyone!!

Busy day today!!

I did get Gym style: chest & triceps done and ab hits #1...And my arms were a shaky mess too..My lower back is still sore so it was tough lying on the step and getting up and down was a little tender!!

I popped over to the you tube and watched Cathe's STS clips. It looked really good and TOUGH!! Not sure I will survive it. But, I am looking forward to it. Cathe looks awesome in the clips as do the rest of the crew..Can't wait..I think..HAHA

Lori: Did you enjoy that quiet time? I had about an hour to myself today while Lauren was at her book club and Chris was with Vic..It was nice. I went to the book store and Marshalls and looked without hearing is it time to go yet!!

Becca: We have a bunny that lives in and around our yard. Our dog, buddy, goes nuts out in the backyard when he smells it has been there! HAHA

Joanne: boy did I notice that we have a long stretch with no rest day!! But, next Sunday or the 7th day of the next week is a ab and stretch day. So, that won't be so bad..

Chris: Glad that headache has gone ..

Ivy: LOL, It is a good thing it wasn't Imax3..he would have admitted you to your hospital..Glad things are normal. Hope he can fix you up with results from that blood test.

Vilma: Hope you are feeling better..<<Big hug>> we miss you..

Ok, well gotta get the kiddos to bed soon. Big hellos to everyone I missed..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.