August 08 == Tuesday Aug 19 ==

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Double checking today's date - I think I got it right this time

PS Legs & abs scheduled today and I will be doing that shortly.

Just getting us started.

BBL

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow...

Today is Step Blast (YAY)! I love cardio! I hope that I can do the wo today with this weather getting closer. My DD has no school today, and Fay is getting really close to us now (well, the sides of it), but it seems like Fay is now coming straight through us when she arrives. I hope it slows down on speed. It's suppose to cause a couple of tornadoes and that has me nervous! She should arrive today later on.

Vilma Good to see you again :) I hope you enjoy your wo today!

I'll try to bb later if the weather isn't bad. Have a great day everyone!

OHH, Last night about 7pm I decided to do 4DS All Upper Body. So I'm so happy I did it :)

Good Morning Everyone!

Vilma- I love PS legs ...have fun with that!
Lap- Have fun with step blast, be safe when Fay comes through!!

Today is Cardio Fusion-All Step Premix....fun times..:)

BBL

Iris

Hi! I just finished SB and it was fun, but couldn't finish it, because I didn't eat breakfast trying to get my workout done before Fay gets here and then probably end up with no light, so I worked out without breakfast and that didn't give me so much energy, but I did workout till about 40 of it. I burned 413 calories.

Kathy and Iris Enjoy your workouts!

I hope you all have a great day today! I'll bb tomorrow :)

Hey Everyone!

I'm also going to tackle PS: Legs & Abs shortly...Haven't done that one in a while, I forget what it has in it! But I thought I liked it when i did it before...

Ivy: Stay safe today!! Is your house "hurricane safe"? I understand about not having energy when you work out before breakfast. I've done it on rare occasions when I need to get my workout done very early, and I always feel crappy , especially if it's a long cardio. 400+ calories burned isn't too shabby though!!

Kathy & Vilma: I'll be thinking about your during PS today!!

Iris: I've never done that premix of CF before. Let us know how it goes!

BBL....

Hello again everyone..hope everyone is having great workouts! Why am I not on the PS Legs Train? lol

Boingo- It went.

Hello ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA a couple days. Hope you all didn't miss me too much! ;)

It's just hard to get on the computer when I'm at home. Once I start someone needs something! I did keep up with the rotation. Rested Saturday (well, a rest from workouts anyway), Sunday was KPC and yesterday Imax2. Both fun workouts!!

Count me in on the PS Legs train!! I finished it this morning. It's pretty straightforward leg work. The work with the body bar at the end is tough. How do you all do with it?

Ivy, I hope you don't get hit too hard with Fay. We were in New Orleans once when a tropical storm hit. The amount of rain was amazing. I always workout before I eat breakfast in the morning. I think my body has just gotten used to it. It's really the only way I can fit it in before work and before the kids get up.

BBL...

Joanne

Good morning everyone! This morning I put Coach Sean together with Cathe to shock my body. Not only is that woman messing with my body, but now she's messing with my mind as well. Ok, here's what I did. I'm on the day of the rotation that calls for 30 minutes brisk walk plus 30 minutes sprint. I made up a cc mish mosh of 30 minutes warm-up/steady state tracks followed by 30 minutes of sprints. It was such a strange workout! I did a brisk walk for 20 minutes, then jogged, but the thing with cc is that he tells you what's coming up in the previous steady state, so with all those sprint tracks put together, I didn't really know what was coming -- didn't even necessarily know the pattern until it was going a bit. Very strange, but in the end, a great workout.

Ivy, good going on 4DS all upper body last night -- that's one of my favorite premixes, but you'll be feeling it today! Even if my doms aren't bad after it, I'm just really tired the next day. And woman, with what you've got coming, you need all of your energy. Do you evacute? I guess not. Good luck -- you know we're all thinking about you and hoping for the best.

It cracks me up that we're all doing the rotation and yet our workouts are all so different. It's funny -- I like it. I really like having this checkin!

Joanne, welcome back!

It's a gorgeous morning here. I think I'll join hubby with a cup of coffee outside. Oh, count me as another who cannot eat breakfast before workout. I guess it's just years of doing it that way. Even when I was pregnant, I'd just have a glass of milk and get to it.
It probably started when I was in high school and had to leave my house at 4:15am for swim practice! Of course, we made up for it with all the donuts we ate afterward. What a different lifestyle that was!

-Beth

Good Morning everyone its raining again:mad: It was nice and sunny just an hour ago and then the clouds rolled in again. I know I shouldn't complain its just rain and it doesn't have the name Fay attached to it. Ivy I hope everything is going is OK with you and the family. We are praying for you. :D

Checking in with GS Legs this morning. I am another one who doesn't eat before I work out. Funny this topic came up my friend is always giving me a hard time for not eating before working out. I've done it this way for a long time I don't think I could change. Matter of fact I am just having my breakfast now and its 11:00. I guess I still need to do an ab work today. I didn't realize that was on tape until I came to check in.

Well I need to run and get the laundry started.

Lori

Chris: Well, we didn’t bored the windows. No one around here has done anything. We did pick up stuff from the backyard and put it inside. Supposely the center of Fay should be here in 6-7 hours. This is driving me nuts because I don’t want Tornadoes! My neighbor just warned me about them, and I’m like NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I hope you enjoyed your workout today!

Joanne: WTG on PS Legs. That’s a series I would like to get one day! I hope we don’t get hit badly either. So far the winds are picking up a little and it’s raining lightly.

Beth: Nope, we didn’t evacute. DH says we are not going anywhere, lol! He says he’s not going to sit in traffic all day and with gas prices, he says, I don’t think so, lol. So we’re stuck here. Good thing that it looks like it’s not that bad, but just a lot of rain and tornadoes they said. 4DS was awesome! I have DOMS today! Tomorrow is B&G again.

Lori: LOL!! You had me laughing when you said you should complain because the rain didn’t have the name Fay on it, lol. It’s getting a little windy here and it’s raining. We have tornado watch and that’s no fun for me. Thank you so much for your prayers! :) WTG on GSL, that’s a tough one.

I was able to workout before breakfast before having my second child, but now I just can’t. Don’t understand. OHH!!! I think my DH is being brained washed. Today when I was doing SB he stood next to me and tried to do the V step with the Charleston kick, LOL!!! I didn’t say anything to him because I didn’t want to ruin anything, but it was cute that he was trying.

Well, I hope you all have a great day! I'll try to check in again before the weather gets worse. The electricity left ones already and I’m afraid it will leave again so I’m going to turn off the computer.

I’ll try to BB later

Ivy – Here’s hoping you & yours are doing well with Fay around and that your power stays on. So far we have been lucky here in NC as we tend to get hit with those nasty hurricanes along with tornados. Not fun and downright scary. Those tornados sound like a freight train rolling through your house with stuff shaking – ugh!

Iris – are you doing Cathe’s Aug rotation too? I can’t remember

Kathy - How are those legs feeling?

Chris- So how did you enjoy PS Legs this time around?

Joanne - Boy I can so relate about just when you sit down to do something you need to stop and attend to whatever it is that’s needed .
I have my old Firm barbell that is 10 ½ # already so I just add my plates to get it at 15 ½ # and boy that bites and gets in there good – ouch!

How's your little girl doing?

Beth – sounds like you had a great time with our Coach Sean gotta love his forward thinking when he made the CC’s so that we can actually create our own mish moshes.

Lori - I don’t eat before any type of cardio esp since if I do my cardio first thing in the morning but my coffee is a must have regardless. For weight work it’s usually the same thing or a small piece of fruit or 1 hardboiled egg or some peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread before I start.
Today it was a banana

I finished PS Legs & Abs earlier this morning; then had some things I had to take care of in town.

Is anyone testing their 1RM?

I started the other day and doing roughly 2 exercises per day.

I need to invest in an adjustable weighted vest and I’m going to be ordering myself the pace weights here pretty soon.

I preordered STS back when we first were able to preorder and honestly didn’t think I’d need those items but after I started testing my 1RM I see now that if I want to get the most out of STS for the duration of that program I need them.

I’m just glad my DH understands how important my workouts are to me and he is okay with me purchasing in moderation; so one thing at a time – right?

My mood is a lot better but I still feel how can I say ‘still fuzzy’ at the moment but things are getting clear as the days go by. I'm just keeping up with my daily activities and meditating on the love my family gives me.

I give much credit to my 10yr old DD who stood with me giving me hugs and telling me 'I love you mommy' during the times her mom was nonverbal and despondent. She doesn't know it but that lil ray of sunshine helped pull me out of that mess.

Oy I think I've 'talked' enough:eek:

Well I need to get moving as dinner is cooking.

Have a great evening all.

See you all in the morning.

picture.php

I made it back!

I did get PS: Legs & Abs done. It had it's "moments". I'd really forgotten this workout. It had a lot of moves, but they didn't LAST long. I tend to cramp and shake when Cathe does the repetitive lower body stuff. Like regular squats, and then 3 and 1, and then low-ends, and then back to singles, etc etc.!! I just ended up using my ankle weights, which is a total of 4 or 5 lbs, on my thigh instead of the body bar. I pretty much know it's all good when my legs are on fire from those leg lifts!!

Joanne: Nice to *see* you! Good job on keeping up with the workouts, you done good!

Beth: Your CC mish mosh sounds intense! Sounds like it was the perfect workout for the rotation!

:eek: WoW! I can't believe all you guys that don't eat before you work out!

Ivy: Thinking good thoughts for you! The worry is worse than the storm sometimes! Check in when you can!

Vilma: I haven't started doing the 1RM yet. I thought I would wait until the workouts are coming out. I'm not sure what my 1RM is NOW would be the same in 2 months. So , I guess I'll wait. You're having me wonder about that adjustable weighted vest though. If you think you'll need it, I think I would as well? Where would you get it? ..... It's good to hear you're doing better emotionally. :) Does this happen to you often? It sounds so torturous. God bless our kids, huh? They sure have an innocence in them , and the love for their mommies really does melt your heart!

I had a pretty decent day , otherwise. Got 2 of my boys haircuts. My middle son, Alex, who's almost 9, is determined to grow his hair long enough for a pony tail. :confused: I'm not so amused by it. He got his hair trimmed today, so it would be out of his eyes, but seriously, he looks like a cute little girl !! What's a mom to do???

The weather turned from a bit stormy this morning, to a GORGEOUS, COOL sunny, breezy day! It truly felt like Fall, didn't you think, Lori? Hey, hi-5's , by the way, on GS Legs again! I think GS is tougher than PS was today! You win!!! LOL!

off I go.... See you guys later...

Hi everyone!!

I got PS legs and abs done and then I took Lauren to her drawing class..My legs are good now. Back is still tender. I must have pulled a muscle on GS Back,shoulder and biceps. I think on the part where you lay on the step on lift your legs up..

Vlima: I haven't started the 1 rep max testing.

It is great that so many of us are doing the same workout today. I really like that floor work in today's workout and ab work was good too..

Talk to everyone soon..

Stay safe Ivy!!

Hey! Went to the San Jose tech museum with the kids today -- it was fun, but we all feel very tired now. All that walking around -- you'd think we never got any exercise or something.

re: 1RM testing -- I am so not into starting it. I'm really hoping that when the dvds are shipped, they have something that helps us walk through it better than the on-line stuff -- think I'm dreaming? Vilma, what equipment are you buying? I saw you asking about pace weights vs. plate mates. I always thought I'd got with pace weights if anything. I also think I may need some more heavy dumb bells, but it's so hard to imagine I could really use them -- my heaviest now is 25 -- I only have one of it, because all I use it for is one armed rows!! :)

Chris, re: your son's hair..... I work with a guy who has a daughter about five years older than my oldest. He's very wise and done a lot of things with her that I think have worked out well for all of them. He tells his daughter she can do anything she wants with it -- dye it any color, give it any hairstyle, even a mohawk. When the mother shuddered and asked "what are you thinking?!" He explained that hair is temporary and grows back. He'd rather have her do something crazy with her hair than pierce some body part or get a tatoo (with apologies to Vilma, of course!). So, just remember that your son will probably outgrow this long-hair phase, and when he's done with it, it's easily remedied.

Vilma -- glad to hear you're coming out of the funk! It is amazing what kids can do. Years and years ago I was really ready to end it all, but I couldn't because of my niece (who is now about 21 years old and I've never told her this story -- maybe someday I will/should).

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.