AUGUST 08 ***Check In for Saturday, 8/16***

laperez25

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Starting us off this morning :) Today is KPC and I'm about to get ready for that right now. What are you guys up to today? :)

BBL

Good Morning!!! How is everyone!!!Today is a step class at the gym.Yesterday did Pure Strength back,biceps,triceps,shoulders and abs.Feeling a bit sore today!!!

Laperez-I love KPC the music totally pumps me up in that one!! I am so glad you were able to remove that HR monitor from you-those things can start to become a pain.

BBL going to workout now and run errands all day. My sister in law is having her baby shower next week so I have to purchase a gift(such a procrastinator!!)Has anyone ever heard of Fogo de Chao restaurant? My BF and I are going there tonight-just want to get some feedback. Have a great day everyone!!!

Ivy: I am going to get KPC done today too..It is a rest day on the schedule. But, tomorrow is looking busy for us. So, I need to move the rest day to tomorrow.

Lisa: Have a great step class..I haven't heard of that restuarant. Is it a high end establishment? Sounds gourmet..Good luck with the gift purchasing..

I am getting ready to get today's workout done. I am doing KPC....We are also taking the kids to our county fair this afternoon. We haven't gone to it yet and the kids are looking forward to it..Tomorrow hubby wants to get to a Washington Nationals baseball game. He figured since they were loosing so much, the tickets wouldn't be hard to get...

Talk to you soon..

Good Morning! :)

Hey Ivy, Kathy, Lisa!

Enjoy KPC today Ivy and Kathy... I did it yesterday, and even though I was half alive, it still pumped me up. It is a fun workout. I like the "crunch" part too.

Lisa: And enjoy YOUR step class today. I've not heard of that restaurant either.

As for me, I'm going to do GS: Chest & Triceps. And since I did KPC abs yesterday, I think I'll try to do some abs tomorrow. Should be able to sneak 10 or so minutes in. If not, no biggie...

How are your chest and triceps feeling today for those who did it yesterday?

Also, I watched the STS clips on You Tube, and OMG... it looks tough :eek:! In a good way tough, and I'm even more excited about getting the workouts. The only thing that I feel crappy about, just by watching the clips, is, I can NOT do full push ups. I do them on my knees :eek:. Do you think the push up part will be as challenging that way still?

Going to finish my coffee and putz around on the computer before I head downstairs for my workout...:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone

Ivy good news about your results. Have fun with KPC.

Lisa have fun at the gym and shopping. I haven't heard of that restaurant either. I guess I don't get out enough.

Kathy have fun at the fair and the BB game. I always take Sunday as a rest day.

Chris I was a little sore this morning but not to the point that I couldn't do KPC. It was a great work out. I think its on of my Favs not sure if its on my top five. I guess I have to many favs. I saw the clip of STS and it looks great. I didn't order it. :( I can't justify spending that money when we are trying to move. :( It is going to be hard reading everyones reviews.

I think that no matter what way you do your push up it is still a challenge. I still do my push up on my knees too. Just doing the drop set in GS C&T was a challenge to me. I still can't to pike planks on the ball I have to do the knee roll in:eek:

Have a great day everyone. We have sunshine here and I can't wait to get out doors to enjoy it.:cool:

Lori

Hello again!

I just finished KPC and it was awesome! At the end I was almost worn out. But, I did burn 535 calories. I can’t believe my DH sat at the living room and watched me workout for the first 20 mins!!! Maybe he was thinking he needs to start doing some Cathe, lol!!

Nurse34: I’m also glad to have taken that HRM off. I really like the music on KPC too! I hope you have a great workout and enjoy your night out at the restaurant with your BF! :)

Kathy: Enjoy KPC! Have a great time with your family at the fair. :)

Chris: Enjoy GSCT! I love that workout. Don’t feel bad, I can’t do full pushups either; I do them on my knees. I feel like I weight 1000 lbs when trying to do full pushups, lol. I saw the clips too and they look SO awesome!! I can’t buy them right now, but I hope to buy them one day! :)

Well, I have a busy day ahead today. I have to do laundry, get my DD backpack ready for school and we might be going out today with the kids. I hope you all have a great workout today! And enjoy the day!

Might BBL if I have time.

Good morning,

Ivy and Kathy -- have fun with KPC. It's a workout that I plan to get in the future.

Kathy - Have fun at baseball. I find baseball to be mind numbingly boring and to make things worse my husband is a die hard Cubs fan (he's from Illinois). But it works out since we both LOVE football and he hates soccer (which I love).

Lisa -- Have fun at the step class!

Chris -- thank you so much for admitting you can do full pushups!!! I feel so lame sometimes because I don't think I'm halfway near most of the cathe nation's fitness levels and pushups is one my weakest exercises. I've been trying lately to try to do more full ones but...yeah...but I think anything that engages that chest and tricep muscles will be good even if you go bent knee.

Lori - I hope you feel less sore so you can do KPC later. It's funny -- I abhor sunshine in LA in the summer only because I know its associated with heat up in the 90s. In the winter, its the most awesome thing ever.

My goal today is to do LIC but it depends on how I feel. I seem to be plagued with medical issues these last couple weeks and I'm not sure if I have the energy to complete anything. But I'm really hopeful.

I do have an awesome story. So, last night I was trying to rev up my husband to workout (I had worked out in the morning) and so I told him we can try 4DS: Bootcamp. For whatever reason, I can't do bootcamp. Though my heart rate doesn't sky rocket, something about all the jumping in the warmup really gets to me and I can't get through it (which sucks because it looks fun). So, at first he begrudgingly starts it with me. I very quickly dropped out 1) because I was tired and 2) it became evident there was no way we both could do it in our living room. I was his "equipment manager" but he stayed until the end! He was such a cute little sweaty mess. He had to skip Drill #11 because he has RSI issues but I mean, everything else he did! I was really proud of him and he felt really good himself. He won't touch step work but at least I'm getting him into non step Cathe cardio.

Ok, breakfast time!

Just finished up with KPC and now it is time to hit the shower!!

Chris: My triceps are really sore today from yesterday. I can also feel the chest. But, it isn't as bad as it was after PUB!! That was sore..Don't feel bad. I usually only get about half of the pushups on my toes. I don't even bother going on my toes for GS C&T because of those drop sets!!. I feel I get a pretty good burn from the knees..

Lori: Those pikes are tough. I usually can only do a few and then I am done and do rollins..I still have a sore back today. So, I skipped those on today's workout and did crunches..

Ivy: Enjoy your family day too. thanks.

Hottie: Hi-5 for your hubby!! Bootcamp has some tough drills. I am usually wiped out at the end of the cardio. Hope you are feeling better soon..I am not a big fan of baseball either. But, the kids and hubby enjoy it and it isn't too bad at the stadium..

Gotta get in the shower and get some lunch later. Have a great day ladies..

Finished GS: Chest, Triceps! YAY! Yes, the drop set push-ups are murder. I could feel my chest quivering during the bench work. It's such a weird feeling, isn't it? I ate my Ricotta cheese post-workout, I'll see if it works again!

Ivy: I forgot to say, happy to hear your monitor results were negative! That's good news. LOL about the doctor asking what you were doing when your HR went UP! Too funny!! WTG on KPC today! I know you said your son is young, how old is your daughter and what grade is she going in?

Thanks to you guys for being with me on the kneed push-ups! You know, you look at Cathe and all the girls crank out all those push-ups, and I think there must be something wrong with me!

Kathy: The fair sounds fun today. It's gorgeous out here, wish we were going to a fair instead of having to go to work! :p

Hottie: That must have been fun watching your DH do the BC drills! I love that workout, it's like "playing" to me. I'm not sure I understand where it loses you? Is it the breaks in activity and the moving things around?

Lori: enjoy the sunshiney day! It IS gorgeous out! Is today your rest day?

Off to get lunch for the boys and get stuff ready for work tonight...

Hottie: That must have been fun watching your DH do the BC drills! I love that workout, it's like "playing" to me. I'm not sure I understand where it loses you? Is it the breaks in activity and the moving things around?

It's the warmup actually! I wonder if its the jumping/shuffling. I can't workout first thing when I wake up because the soles of my feet kill me if I do it first thing. I wonder if its a blood flow issue. I'm going to hit at it for a while so I can build up to it but I'm not sure how to fix it any other way. I don't quite understand how I can do all the step stuff but not the bootcamp! But I'll try. :)

Wow, you are a prolific bunch already this morning! :) I just finished muscle max and I am fried! Wasn't it Kathy who said those Jane Fonda crunches (I forget what they're called -- that's what I think of them as!) just about finished you? Well, I certainly thought about you when I was doing them!

I cannot do pikes on the ball to save my soul. I can do straight arm push ups for a while, but not at a slow speed, and if she mixes in the half-way up ones, forget about it! The STS clips scared me! I'm not sure if I'm excited or not. Has anyone done any 1RM tests? The idea of that scares me, too. I'm really hoping whatever they ship will help us walk through it, even if it delays me a week or whatever.

I did indeed fall asleep during Clone Wars yesterday -- it was wonderful! :) I even listened to a podcast for part of it. My kids keep asking me if I remember the part when... and I have no clue!

Hey Nurse, is the dinner out a special occasion for your birthday, by any chance, or did that already come and go?

Oh, Hottie, did you ever consider doing a different warm up for boot camp? You could maybe try it sometime. During the warm-up squats for MM today, my knee didn't feel so great and I thought about you (and didn't push myself at all).

Hope everyone has fun with their weekend plans. I think I'm mostly cleaning house and doing laundry!

-Beth

Hottie: I hope you get to do LIC today. I love that workout. That’s cool that your DH did BC. My husband tried that one, one day he actually liked it, but hasn’t done it again, lol.

Kathy:
Thanks and WTG on KPC!

Chris: WTG on GSCT! I can’t wait till I do that workout. When I first got them and did them for a month, I saw big time results. My son is about to be 2 yrs old in September, and my daughter is 7 and she is going to second grade and she is so excited about school starting soon! I wonder if ONE day I will be able to do full push-ups, lol! I’ve been working out for 5 yrs now and still can’t do them, lol.

Beth: WTG on MM! I did that one on Thursday and I still have DOMS from it, lol. I cannot do pikes on the ball either, I feel like I will hit my face on floor any minute (and I got tile floors, lol). I tried to do it today with KPC ab workout, but I just couldn’t.

Well, my family and I were supposed to go out, but as soon as we finished getting ready, it starting thundering and raining big time, so we stood home. Back to cleaning and washing clothes for me. I hope you all enjoy your day today! Tomorrow is Leaner Legs for me and that’s my first time ever! Can’t wait!

Hello all!!!

Today's WO was KPC. I am working on getting up and doing my WO first thing. Weights are fine, but my energy level isn't the best for cardio right when I wake up. So I did spend a little time watching Cathe, Jai and Lorraine do jump kicks, but I was able to join them for most of it. I was even able to do ALL the pikes on the ball today. That is a definite first for me. My abs and low back are sore now, but it's a good sore.

Chris, Add me to the group of on the knees push ups. If I remember correctly, push ups on the toes require a strong core, which I absolutely do not have. Someday I will be able to do them. Those push-ups in the STS clips look brutal, esp the 1.5's! Her partial push-up looks like my full one! Good job getting GS c&T done. My tri's and chest are STILL sore!

Ivy, Good job on KPC! Does DH try to talk to you while you workout? My DH would and it drives me batty! I am trying to focus and he wants to chat! UGH! BTW, glad to hear the HRM was negative. Good news!

Kathy, I hope you all had a great time at the fair! Fair food is a definite weakness of mine. I hope you are able to resist those awesome fair french fries! Have a blast at the game tomorrow!:D

Lisa, Have a great date night with BF! I've not heard of that restaurant either, but by now, I'm sure you can give us a review!

Hottie, that's awesome that your DH did BC! It is not really one of my faves. I just feel like I am getting beat on. It's definitely a tough wo and a good calorie burner, though. I hope that you were able to get LIC in!

Beth, I'm glad you got a good nap during Clone Wars. ;) Great job on MM!

Lori, I would love to order STS as well, the cost is definitely my biggest deterrent. Maybe someone will just hand me a couple hundred bucks and then I'll be able to order it!:confused: I, also will be joining you on the rest day tomorrow. We always go out to eat after church and I typically take a nap on Sunday afternoons (my one and only during the week!) so it works well as a rest day.

Have a great Saturday evening all!!!

BeccaThanks! :) WTG on KPC! That's awesome that you were able to do the pikes on the ball. I've also been thinking of working out first thing in the morning since soon I will start my new part time job at a daycare, but I don't have any energy in the morning for cardio. I've tried it before, and it's so hard. Plus, I like to have my music up loud and the kids are sleeping in the morning and can't do that. DH never watches me workout, today was the first time but he didn't say a word. He kept looking at me. I wonder what was going through his mind (Maybe wants to do some Cathe workout one day).

Goodnight everyone! BB tomorrow morning :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.