Augsut RT'ers check

pwmatt

Cathlete
Hey gals!

I finally figured out what I am wearing Sat night. Now, I can pack. :) I have my box of ziplocks and away I go!

Confessions - let's see - pushups will be a mix and certainly not to the beat. It depends how I'm feeling that day. I'm pertrified of the BC workout! :(

Today was IMAX 3 and CM2 for me. IM3 always leaves me thinking that I am horribly out of shape. I had a lot of breaks and modifications today. I do LOVE the music. :D

What time is everyone arriving? Thurs, Fri? I will try to get of off work early Thurs, hopefully to join the early birds for dinner.:D I'll sleep at home and be back for Fri's class.

Hey everyone!! It's almost here :eek::eek:

Phyllis, I should be arriving at the hotel around 4ish (depending on traffic). I don't know what our dinner plans will be. I assume we'll all gather in the lobby and decide on something.

Hi ladies,

I'm starting to get excited for the RT weekend! I also packed my ziploc bags w/my workout clothes. I will finish packing either Wednesday or Thursday evening.

My flight arrives around 1pm on Friday and I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn.

I'm doing Muscle Max this morning. I take an outdoor bootcamp class on M and TH that is really awesome.

Can't wait to see everyone.

phyllis-Imax 3 is one of my favorites. The time seems to fly by during this workout. I sometimes take an extra few seconds between blasts to grab a sip of water and catch my breath! Since you are staying at home, I take you live near Cathe's gym??? Do you take classes with her very often?

See you soon...

Diana

Hi all. I’m so tired again today. I’ll be seeing my doc tomorrow about my fatigue issues to see if she can come up with some ideas.

Yesterday my DH and I played tennis. I got a good workout even though we are both terrible tennis players. Actually we might have burned even more calories with all the chasing after the tennis ball we did.

I just placed an online order for some more workout socks and sports bras, so obviously I’m not packed yet. I have it mostly planned out; I just want more bras and socks so I can be completely fresh for each workout. I’m still about half packed, though, with the bags sitting on the floor of my room with stuff in them.

So now I’m trying to get up the energy and motivation for today’s planned workout: Boot Camp. Yikes. I’ve never done it but I’ve got a huge dread factor for it. I hate BC workouts in general, but feel I need some practice pre-RT. I’ve also been considering doing a kettlebell workout instead, but my forearm and wrist are sore from the tennis, so I’m not sure.

Another confession—I’m rather slow. I just can’t run fast at all. I can do complex step so I’m not slow at everything, but you probably won’t want me on your relay team. :(

Phyllis, I’m carpooling down with another woman who lives nearby, and we’ll be in her car, so I’m not exactly sure when I’ll get there. I think she wants to leave her late morning on Firday, but it’s only a 2-hour drive or so from here, so I guess I’ll be there some time on Fri. afternoon. So you will probably check in to our room first.

Hello to Diana and all who follow today.

OK, hope to BBL.

Ooh, I’m getting sooo excited!

Hi everyone!

Phyllis - I'm glad you have Saturday night's outfit all figured out. It's the only thing I haven't done yet!! I'll be coming in on Friday morning and getting to the step class in the nick of time...hopefully!!!

Hi Diana and Catherine and anyone else that pops in!!

Last night I did 4DS LIS and PUB up premix only. My arms were fried. Then I had to shuck corn for dinner...ouch. And we went bowling...another ouch! My shoulders are pretty sore today. I think I'm going to just wing it for the rest of the week. Thursday is definetly going to be a rest day for me.

So has anyone thought about what they are going to buy at the RT? My BootCamp/ME dvd has started freezing so I'm debating on whether or not I should buy a new one. I'm hoping they have coffee mugs...

Hi ladies! I spent all weekend putting in a patio and am sooo sore! I just kept thinking of that Boot Camp class every time I got tired yesterday and kept pushing through. If I never see another paver or tamper again, it will be wayyy too soon though! I have NO idea what I am wearing on Friday night... :( I guess I'll figure it out when I go to pack - which hasn't happened yet because of all the weekend activities.

Phyllis - I'm arriving around 8 a.m. Friday morning. I wish I could come in Thursday with all you early birds, but I'm out of vacation time. :(

Hi Diana!

Lainie - I hear the boot camp class is set up with "stations" you have to go between. If we start wearing out, I'll fake a sprained ankle or something for you to have to take a break and help me out with. ;) We'll just have to come up with a signal.

Melissa - I hope they have mugs!!! I went to get one last year and the last one had just been sold :(. I would mind another tank top either. I LOVE my one from last year.

Hi Ladies!!!

This week!!! can you beleive it?!?!? I am so excited!

My WO today is a Cardio Coach. I am following Cathe's August rotation as much as I can this month.

Lanie, I was just talking to DH last night about why I don't like BC style WO's. I can tolerate the original BC because it goes in 1 min cylcles. I think you will be surprised how much you enjoy that one. 4DS BC is my least fave. I just feel like I am getting slaughtered! But original BC is a lot of fun and it goes quick.

Phyllis, I will be in Friday evening, just before the meet and great. Have fun packing!

Melissa, I am afraid I will buy TOO much stuff while we are there! DH is thankful STS is not out yet or I would be coming home with that!

Hi Diana! I am at the Fairfield also! See you Friday!

Hello to Catherine and all of our ART friends!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Only a few more days to go!!!

Phyllis-I will be getting there Friday afternoon. I wish I could make it for the step class in the morning.

Diana-I love the sound of an outdoor bootcamp class!!That sounds like fun.

Catherine-I think you all should go to Unos and get some of those pizza skins (I miss the licking the lips smiley)

Lainie-We'll be slow for the relay together!!

Melissa-I am going to try to hold back from spending on too much stuff at the RT, since the gas to get there is going to cost a lot. You guys are going to have to help me as I have a major shopping addiction.;)

Liann- I am at a loss as to what to wear that is not workout clothes related! At least Saturday is more casual than last year. I bought my Pepto this past weekend.;)

Becca-I was thinking of starting the August rotation after the RT. How do you like it so far?

Today, I did Muscle Endurance and literally stood there and stared at the TV during the leg presses. Did I mention how much I hate leg presses?

Beth

Hi Girls.

I have been EXTREMELY remiss about joining in this check in. I'm sorry. Truth is I was feeling alot of RT dread. I just wasn't excited about it. I am petrified as I am going it alone and am very very shy. I think that's what my problem is. Well, now that it's so close I am FINALLY starting to get a bit more excited about it but still scared to death at the same time! YIKES!

So anyway...I am HOPING to arrive by 3 on friday afternoon so that I have time to check in, drop by bags and sit for a minute before heading down to catch the bus to Cathe's gym. There is a chance though that I won't make it so I'll have to drive to the gym myself. I am PRAYING that doesn't happen.

I just started pulling out clothes to pack. I know what work out outfits I'm taking. I just have to get them all washed and figure out the casual clothes. I know I won't actually pack until Thursday night, but I'd like to KNOW what's going in the bags before then.

Wendy, if you need a ride to the gym, we will be arriving about the same time and I would be glad to take you! I am not one who likes to do things alone, either, that's why my sister is coming with me. ;)

Beth, Today is my first day of the Aug rotation, but it looks great. I love the way Cathe is mixing up the weights. Fun, fun!

I am off to shower and then head to a funeral. My friend's gma passed. I will get my WO in this evening, probably after VBS. have a great day all!

Wendy - I will make it my personal mission to make sure you ARE NOT alone! Just look for a girl that looks like my avatar or one that looks like Beth's avatar. We'll most likely be together with our bottles of Pepto in the lobby of the Fairfield hotel. ;) I'm actually really shy when it comes to going up to people and saying hi. Last year, it took me a while to go up to Vicky (who I haven't seen on this forum in forever BTW) and say hi. Everyone is so nice though and there is none of that "first day of school, trying to find a seat in a cafeteria full of strange kids" feeling.

Wendy - after you scout out Liann and Beth, make sure you find me. Chances are that I'll be hovering in their vacinity anyway. I am pretty shy about meeting new people too so maybe us chics should stick together..:)

I wouldn't worry about having to drive to the gym by yourself. I think that there will be plenty of people milling about asking if people need rides. I know I will be, anyway. I'm driving in myself on Friday morning and have room for 4 more people in my car. I'm at the Fairfield in, also.

I didn't even think to pack Pepto. I'd better go right that down...

Becca, Liann and Melissa, Thank you!!! I will definately be on the look out for all you and Beth too! :)

I guess I'm just a 36 year old baby who needs her hand held in situations like this. LOL Once I meet a few girls I hope to begin to feel more comfortable by the minute.

I've never met or even talked to my roommate aside from the emails we passed back and forth regarding rooming together. She is not a regular on the forums. If she is not in the room when I get to the hotel on Friday then I may not meet her until it's time to go to bed! LOL How wierd! She seems like a very nice person though. I hope to catch her sooner rather then later.

Yay! DH just texted me that he can leave work early on Friday so barring any big traffic issues I should get there by 3 at the latest! Woo Hoo! :)

YAY!! Good news, Wendy! One less thing to worry about. Running into traffic is my biggest concern. Well, that and what to wear...:eek:

YAY!! Good news, Wendy! One less thing to worry about. Running into traffic is my biggest concern. Well, that and what to wear...:eek:

How far do you have to travel? I am in Monmouth County NJ. I am about 90 minutes away with no traffic so we'll see.
I am planning on bringing capris for casual wear when not in work out clothes. My biggest issue is the PJ's for Friday night. I don't think I even OWN a pair of pj's! I wear sweats, shorts, t-shirts to bed! Now I am debating...do I go out and buy a cute cheap PJ set just for this or just wear sweats or something??? :confused:

Are you driving by yourself, Wendy?

I'm coming from MA. According to MapQuest, it's a 6 hour drive but DH already modified the route and thinks it should take me about 5 hours to get there. I'm leaving at 2:30am to make the Friday morning class. So I might be a zombie by Friday night. I'm hoping to get a little catnap in before the Meet & Greet. A couple of people have said that Cathe & the crew don't get there until 6:00 so I'm not worried about being late. Last year my flight was delayed and I didn't end up getting to the gym until 5ish and it worked out great. I had to bum a ride off of someone, too. Nice way to meet people!!!

I wouldn't worry about the jammie situation. I would just go with sweats or something. I might even just wear one of my workout outfits that I have planned for Saturday.

Melissa,

Yup, I'm driving alone. The thing that kills me is that I have to take DH's car. Not only is it a mess but it's a freakin' stick shift! If I get stuck in traffic I am going to be sooooo mad! Even worse--the A/C is broken! ACK!:eek: I don't mind the drive itself but it's the CAR that is going to make it tough to take. :( I am praying it's not going to be toooo hot that day or I'm going to need a shower as soon as I get there!
WOW, will you be plugged into a caffeine drip on your ride down to Cathe's? LOL

Melissa - I think you and I are going to need some serious caffeine or something to get us through Friday night! I'll be on the road about 2 hours after you. I went down for the early class at the July RT and was beat by lunch. I think I will be taking a nap too!

Wendy - I have no idea what to wear for the pajama stretch class either. None of my pajamas look decent so I may just wear one of my workout outfits too.

LOL about your DH's car, Wendy. The stick I could handle, the lack of a/c, not so much! You can hitch a ride with me back and forth to the gym if you want. I have a/c...:cool:

Funny you should bring up caffeine, because I have already started planning my strategy! I LOVE iced coffee. So my plan is to go out on Thursday night and get a large iced coffee, black, no ice. Pop it in the fridge, then add ice, milk & sugar/splenda before I leave. That way I don't have to stop, which I would like to try and avoid at least until it gets light outside!!

Not quite sure how that is going to work though after I've gulped down that large iced coffee and have to pee...:eek: Still working on that one!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.