Aug 21st

Tallchick

Cathlete
August should be starting all these. Miss her. I guess the folks of Oregon are the lucky ones!
School starts today, yeah yeah yeah. I am so burned out. I can understand now why my mother had a countdown calendar. "fight fight, you devils fight" is what she used to yell. Makes me laugh now.

Today for me is Leaner Legs along with the floor portion of GS Legs, then some arms and shoulders.

What is up for you all?

I am doing my usual gotta run thing because if I don't start it early, it will not get done!

Michele, very cool on your eliptical. One more day. And thank you for saying hello yesterday. I felt much better.

Kate

Hi Kate and all!

Kate, I almost missed your post. The title is so sparse that it almost gets lost in the line up. I hope your kids enjoy their first day back at school. --Wow! Leaner legs--I don't have that workout but I understand it's pretty hard. It wounds like you've got a killer day of resistance training lined up.

It's cardio for me today. I didn't do anything over the weekend. I thought it best to rest that foot. It's MUCH better now. I have one toe that's still sore but it's significantly better. My DH said it might take a couple of weeks before it's completely back to normal. Of course, I still have the plantar faciitis to contend with, but that's better, too. I've been vigilant about stretching and will continue to do so. Anyhoo, I haven't decided which cardio I'm going to do today. I guess I'll play eeny meeny miney mo with my DVD's. I know which cardio I'm doing tomorrow, though:) .

Where are the rest of youse guys?

I almost started a new post, didn't see it at first.

Michele - YEAH!! So glad you got an elliptical! Let us know how it works. Glad that your foot is getting a little better.

I actually got up and did Muscle Max today! Well, I did the shorter version premix with light weights because I was low on time and out of shape. I was going to do Muscle Endurance, which I only have on vhs, but DH somehow got one of my yoga tapes stuck in the vcr. It is one of my favorite Bryan Kest ones, and it is probably ruined! Grr. So had to do a dvd instead.

We had a pretty good weekend in Dallas. Got to she SIL's school and her new classroom (her first year teaching kindergarten). She is teaching in this small town (pop. 530!!) that has the cutest little main street you have ever seen. There is literally a bank, feed store, small grocery store, a couple places to eat, and a gas station. That is it. That is the whole town on one block. The school is brand new though, still being built, and it is really modern and contemporary. The nicest looking school I have every seen.

Here is a pic of the outside of the school. The whole building surrounds this beautiful courtyard in the middle. There are all these need reading rooms, and every class room has a wall of huge windows. It is so beautiful.

http://maypearl.ednet10.net/Elementary/elem.html

We also went to a friend's wedding shower. It was really nice, as this house of a couple our age (both lawyers too) that have rich parents that bought them a huge house. So unfair! Anyway, it was a nice party, though I couldn't drink.

Wow, what a beautiful school. The school my girls go to is old and looking that way. They waste so much money in the schools and don't use it to fix up any of them. Particuarly the ones that have a waiting list every year!
Today I have to buy lunchboxes. Thought I could get away with the old ones. Think again. My little daughter was sad that I left but my older daughter waved me off as soon as she got to her class (5th grade, I have to expect that). The first grade teacher is new and he seems very nice. He isn't used to the "open" philosophy at the school because I and a few parents spoke to him about parent sign ups and he really didn't know what to say. I asked my favorite Kindergarten teacher what he thought of him and it was a good review. Yeah!!!! I love that Kindergarten teacher, if I knew now what I knew then, I would have begged to have my daughter in his class. He is just the best of the best!

Anyway, going to clean the house and it is going to be clean for the next four hours!

Kate

I agree with Kate--that is a beautiful school!! You should see the dump my sister works in. The building has to be 50 or 60 years old and there's no air conditioning. It's a very tired, sad little building.

Diane, I'm glad you were able to get in a workout. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Kate, it must be hard to drop you kids off on tht first day of school. Does it feel weird to be home without the kids?

I've been working hard all day--lots of cleaning, veggie prepping, laundry, errands. I still need to wash my sheets (can you believe I only have 1 set of sheets :eek:), and clear space for my elliptical trainer. Diane, I downloaded a Cardio Caoch workout to use with my Elliptical. If I like it I'll probably download the rest of them, too. I'll tell you this much--I could listen to coach Sean all day:D }( .

Michele - I was wondering about that cardio coach - everyone seems to love it. I only have one set of sheets too, so I have to wash it and put it back every week. Eventually we will get around to getting more.

Oh, I forgot to tell y'all the horrible thing that happened to me this weekend. One of the diamonds fell out of my wedding band! I didn't bang it on anything so I don't know how this happened. And it is from Tiffany's for christsake, you think it would stay together. Anyway, I don't think we insured the band (just the engagement ring) so this will probably just have to come out of pocket, I doubt Tiffany's will just pay for it (though of course I will ask). They are not tiny diamonds either, I am so mad.

Diane-- *GASP* Oh I can't believe it! Do you have the diamond, or did you just suddenly realize it was missing and you don't know where it is?

I have a plain gold wedding band, but my engagement ring is a diamond solataire with a Tiffany setting that I never wear anymore unless we're going out because I've bent the setting too many times to count. I've always been anal about having the prongs checked, too. Gosh, I hope you have the stone. And I hope Tiffany's will make it right for you.

I am here...finally...it's been a long day already.

How is everyone?? I have to be short here, school started again for me and once again I have the classes from hell and my schedule is a mess right now. Trying to get the house clean and all the crap thrown out so I can find all the messes. Some how the house became a disaster area over the past few weeks and I just cannot live like this! DH is a messy person, so that does not help. If only he knew how to pick up after himself....oh I wish.....

Diane-Sorry to hear about the ring, uhhh..I hope they can help make it right. What a nightmare.

Michele-so...are you ready??? to be the new CARDIO LOVIN QUEEN????
sellout.....

Kate-I did not read your workout today, how many hours of cardio did you do? I have to ask you, do you notice any difference with all the cardio? Are you working on weight loss or endurance? Not trying to be nosy, but you do a lot of cardio and I am debating on upping mine, but I need some imput.

Dana, if you are out there HELLO!!!
AUGUST-----WHERE IS AUGUST...SOS AUGUST!!!!

Ok, I have got to run,

check back laters

Michele - I wish I still had the diamond! I just realized on Saturday while we were out that it wasn't there. And we were in Dallas, so if it is not in DH's car, it is not going to be found. We searched a little bit, but need to keep looking. We did a thorough cleaning of the house yesterday, but didn't find it. I called Tiffany's and they said they will do a "consultation" to see whether they will replace it or whether I just have to buy a new diamond. So we will see what they do. I guess we will get insurance on my band too after this!

Janjan, boo hoo! you're back in school again. Will this be it then once this semester is over, or will you still need more credits to graduate. I miss you on the forums. You're hardly ever here anymore:-( .

Diane, that just makes me sick. I'll pray that it turns up. I can't imagine how you must feel. I'm very sentimental about stuff like this and I think it would kill me. My fingers and toes are crossed.

I know, I know...I have just been a busy bee lately! Oh, yeah, so here is my big news (yes I have been up to something...) Looks like Momma is going back to work....:-(
but...I could not resist this offer, it is tooooo gooooodddddd to pass up and they want to pay me lots and lots of $$....I want to take their lots and lots of $$ too.....oh boy, what to do.
I decided to do this to pay off the student loans and when DD gets a little bigger then be at home more w/her. I got to spend almost 1 year with her which is more than most mom's, so I think she will be ok. I am hoping by the time she is 4 to be at home with her again. I am looking into being a teacher also in about 3-4 years which will work nicely. So...yes that's where I have been hiding. Well, that and trying to find all my work clothes, I think I have 1 million worth of dry cleaning. :p

Oh, Diane, that is horrible. How awful. Fingers crossed that is has insurance.
It was great dropping off the kids. Actually, one home is fine. It is both that I cannot take. My little one was sad and I was sad too but I know they will be fine and I get to pick them up at 2:30.

I don't know if the extra cardio is doing anything. It figure I actually burn only 300 calories more per week. I am cutting back on sugar and I think the calcium is helping.

Oh, Diane!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.