April 10 Check in Weekend 24th/25th*******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today's workout will be Plyo legs disc 29...Looks like rain today. Chris has a baseball game tonight if it doesn't rain and Lauren has choir....Other then that, cleaning house is on the agenda today..

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to mention...Yesterday I ended up doing Amy Bento's All Cardio Hi/Lo knockout. It was a great workout and I was sweating like crazy. I went ahead and did the ab work she had on that DVD instead of yoga abs. So, I think I will add yoga abs to today's workout...

Hey Girls...

Saturday. ugh. Oh well, will make the best of it. I hope to get in some cardio, not sure if that will happen, but I'm trying to make time. On schedule is MIC. not happening. I haven't done that one in a long long LONG time, though. Maybe I'll throw it in next week.

Usual Saturday here: newspaper delivery, cooking, cleaning, running after the boys.... ending with a lovely bus ride to that four letter word!

Kathy: That Amy Bento workout sounds great!! Have fun with Plyo Legs today. I think it's the coolest workout for legs. ANd yes, I have DOMS today, pretty decent ones!!! It seems that Plyo legs gives me DOMS like no other workout. We're supposed to get the cool/rainy weather tomorrow and Monday. (Zach is also supposed to have a bb game).

Joanne: You guys sure do have a lot of conflict there! I have to say, I've totally grown unenamoured (sp?) with the band concerts. I would have picked the Spelling Bee too. And I think Zach would have understood. Hope Colin did well at the Bee!!!! (can he spell unenamoured? LOL!). Your plan for next week sounds great with Insanity/STS/BBL!.... It really was nice this past week on vacation with no homework wars. I dread next week getting back to it (though I won't miss the whining/ bickering).

Beth: That's awesome that Travis and Dylan love music! My boys do, but they grow tired/bored with it after a while. I'd love it if they got into and stuck with it!! Hope the recital goes well!!!

Hottie: Enjoy the wedding today!!! Glad you found a dress and got to eat at Steak and Shake, THAT sounds so good!!!

gotta run

Good morning! Sounds like good workouts, ladies! Plyo legs is a favorite, for sure! I did yoga this morning but for whatever reason I'm not feeling as good as I usually do afterward. Hmph! I may walk later. I ate sooo much yesterday.... I don't even know why!

Chris, it's not all love of music here -- there are plenty of days they don't want to go (Dylan more than Travis), and it's not like they practice very long, but... I never hound them about practicing because I do want it to be fun. I have a very easy going approach on this! I can see being over band concerts because I am really dreading this recital -- it's about three hours long I think!!

I guess I'm off to get the boys their breakfast.....

Hey again...

Countdown to my nap!

Ended up getting MMA: KB in, minus the core work . I enjoyed it!!! not extra tough, but a good enough little sweat. I felt good afterwards!

Beth: Sorry the Yoga didn't do it for you. I was LOVING the stretch after KB today. I love to relax after cardio like that. It always feels the best! ... It's good you don't get wound up about instrument practicing. ...

Next Saturday is Jake's 1st Communion. I'm going to be crazy busy next week! again! ACK!

HI ladies...

Checking in today with a rest day...I did consider switching the days around and resting tomorrow. I have a lot to do tomorrow and I don't want to run out of time and not be able to get to it. I will see how I feel later. Went to church last night. But, Chris had a baseball game. So, Lauren and I went last night after choir practice and the guys are there now. I think we are going out to dinner later for my birthday. My birthday is Tuesday the 27th. But, Chris has a game that night. So, we will be there and not able to go to dinner..

Anyway, I need to hit the grocery store later and run a couple of other errands...Have a great Sunday ladies...

Chris: First Holy Communion..How great! Kickboxing is a great workout!

Beth: I have those crazy eating days alot...I guess that is why I am still trying to loose 10 pounds for forever!!HAHA

Kathy, your comment to me made me laugh and smile. I'm in the same boat!

Good morning! Had a pretty good day yesterday, though had some moments with Dylan -- that one is going to be a tough teenager!!

I did a little bit of an Amy Dixon I have from netflix as a warmup this morning, just to see what she's like, and then I did STS 5 - back/tri - though this time, Joanne, I just couldn't finish it. Bored with back and tri!!! I got to where she had some drop sets and I just couldn't do anymore. It all seemed so much like what I did the other day. Oh well! Tomorrow is tonique!

You guys know that Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com is having a birthday sale today? If you spend $25 and write "happy birthday" in the comment field, she'll send you a free dvd (who knows what!) and don't forget to write 10off in the coupon field for 10% off -- and of course you'll get free shipping, too! I'm going there next. Not quite sure what I'm ordering, but maybe that new Amy Dixon.

Big recital day today -- it's not until 4:30, so we may go canoeing before, but it's also a potluck, so I have to make something, and.... since my kids are picky about food I have to make sure they're fed first. A little crazy day.... don't really like my Sundays like this. Oh well!

Chris, how was the party bus? Hottie, how's the wedding progressing? Still going?

Hey Girls...

Checking in on Sunday ..

Work was "ok" last night. The majority of my patients were LOM (Little Old Men). One , 89, got quite feisty, punched a few nurses (not me) and was swearing and trying to leave. He really was kind of cute. The nursing supervisor, a guy, got right up close to him and said, "You're not really the kind of guy to hit these girls, are you?" And he starting throwing punches (and hit a few times) at HIM! Anyways, had to tie the poor guy down, give him some meds, and then he woke up sweet as pumpkin pie!

Hope tonight is ok! You just never know!

Speaking of eating... I grazed and ate all night long at work too! :confused:

Crap, I just typed a bunch and it got erased somehow! :mad:

Briefly:

Kathy: You had better find some time for a fun birthday for you! ANy good fitness goodies on your birthday list this year?

Beth: I feel for you on the teen thing, as you know. Tough stuff. really crazy years ahead! But they do have their moments! STS CAN be quite daunting/boring at times. Did you get real sore from doing the workouts this week?

*waves* to Joanne and Hottie in FL!!!

Gotta run!!

Crap,

Chris, glad to hear work wasn't too bad. Funny about the LOM. Sort of. When I was in high school I volunteered at the local state hospital (in California, that means the hospital for crazy people -- sorry for being non-pc). I worked on a unit that had deaf/mute people. Well, one day I was playing frisbee with one guy and he threw it at me really hard, it hit me in the eye and I lost my contact. He was an amazing artist, and when he figured out what I was looking for, but never found, we went back inside and he "made" a new contact lens for me. Ok, so fast forward a week and I'm wearing my glasses waiting for a new contact, and a crazy LOM walked right up to me and slugged me at eye level.... my glasses cut my face, they broke. It was crazy! I stayed away from that dude from then on.

I have had soreness but not horrible DOMs. I'm not going as heavy with some things as I did the first time around (and I just don't care -- I know I'm still getting a good workout, and I know for some things my form is much better).

Kathy, I do hope you have a nice early birthday celebration -- maybe by the time you read this it'll be done.

Hottie, you look so awsome in that dress -- it's beautiful!

HI ladies..

We had a GREAT meal at Olive Garden for my birthday....I also was bad and had dessert. I had the chocolate gelato since I LOVE LOVE LOVE ice cream. It was soooo good...

Chris: Well, I did get the new 4 pound weighted gloves and the firewalker loops...BUt, I got those a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of my birthday...HAHA

ok, time to get the kids ready for the rest of the night...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.