April 10 Check in Wednesday 14th***********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Still sore in the chest and triceps. Today is the legs...Gym Style legs!

Now it is time to get the kids up and get this Wednesday started...

Be back later.

Good Morning Kathy, and everyone!

The work thing is still bringing me down. I do have to deal with it somehow. I TOTALLY appreciate your email responses. I've asked other friends too and the 2 most popular ways to deal with it are either talking to the scheduler and straightening it out, or ignoring it until it is brought up again. I still don't know what I want to do. I'd love for it just to go away. *sigh*

Today on the rotation is PLB, AGAIN! I just did it Monday! :eek: Last night I thought about it and said NO WAY IN HELL can I do PLB again. My legs were SoOOOOooooOOoo sore yesterday. But today, miraculously, they feel better and I just might go for it!. The added extra today is 200 Walking Lunges! Today is going to be a perfect running weather day, so I do need to get to the park. I'm debating on going there and doing the 200 lunges, and perhaps a short run afterwards or just the lunges , depending on how my legs feel. But I need to get outside. I need something to brighten my mood. I hate feeling this way.

Oh, and I have pretty damn good DOMS in my chest and upper body from PUB yesterda. Cool!

Beth: I don't blame you for not going to the movies yesterday after all that credit card action! I always get a bit carried away for the boys birthdays too. .. The mountain fire is under control today. That mountain usually gets on fire at least once a year too. But I've never known the helicopters to come to put them out. Last year a firefighter had a heart attack after fighting the fire. Very sad.... Are you still feeling bogged down from work issues too? Has the weight of it gotten any better? I'm hoping you say yes, so that I have some hope. LOL!

Kathy: you're getting some good DOMS from the GS huh? Have fun with the ball today too!! I guess I'm going to be on it myself with PLB. (why does she add that ball to most of her leg workouts, anyhow??)

*waves* to Hottie and Joanne! Missed ya yesterday!!!!

Hey you guys!! Kathy, I did the stretch from GS Legs this morning. :D That was after Tonique original. Oh my..... I was sore going into it, it was tough. I'm sore now, and I know I'll be more sore later, but I have two of three times (goal) done this week! Woot! I just may make it. I remember that first stretch in GS Legs being so hard to do after the workout, and it wasn't so hard today, so obviously Cathe works me in a different way, but I know I did have a heck of a workout!!

Chris, that's cool about your legs! Good luck with those walking lunges!

On the work thing.... I know you dread bringing it up, but I do think you'll feel better if you do (because I'm assuming you'll be able to work out something good for you -- maybe that's foolish on my part). My work thing.... well, since I haven't been in since.... wow, last Thursday, or, no.... I think maybe even last Tuesday!!!.... it's not weighing on me nearly so much, but also Larry has been able to work out some stuff so it feels better. So, yes, there is hope! But, it does take confronting issues.....

It's super gray here this morning.... I'm getting a little nervous about the weather for the party Friday. Still holding out hope. We were going to do some water things, but I have a feeling that idea is out. I feel like I have to do a lot of cleaning and planning today so I'm feeling better about the general state of things!!! This week is certainly getting away from me..... but, I'm feeling good..... no panic......

Have a great day!

Hi ladies!! Sorry I missed you all yesterday!! Work is nuts - wasn't able to post. I did go for a run during lunch yesterday and it was much better than last week. Still have that nagging pain in my thigh, though. :(

Chris, I did get your email and am going to respond to it. I'm having a slightly similar issue here, different, but I can tell you my perspective. PLB twice in one week?? Yikes!!

Hi Kathy! Enjoy GS legs, if that's possible. ;)

Beth, wow, you're on your way to conquering Tonique this week! I get carried away with birthdays too!

Today I did Step, Jump and Pump. I haven't really done a Cathe workout in a while and it was like seeing an old friend! Fun!

Have to keep this short, but wanted to check in.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Joanne

Chris: I hope you are able to get the work problems under control. It is tough to have that stress weighing on your mind.
bighug.gif
Good for you doing PLB again. That one is so tough. The ball kills my hamstrings especially; which is probably why she does it...

Beth: I agree about different instructors...I can always tell the difference between Cathe's workouts and the others I own..I hope the weather holds for Travis' party. Do you have inside activities planned too. Lauren's birthday is May 2nd. She is planning her own games now; which is great! I will be doing that cleaning thing soon too...that thorough good cleaning for company. Lauren's party is April 30th. Some of the kids are sleeping over...

balloons.gif

Hey Joanne: I was posting while you were...I love SJP!!

Ok, back to school lessons. Almost done and ready to workout..
cheerleader3.gif

Talk to you all later..
grouphug.gif
We have PE class this afternoon...They start today with their outside classes. They go inside the gym in the winter months..
springsmile.gif

Hey again,

You girls have been very busy with workouts! Me too!

i did ALL of PLB, even the dang ball, but have to admit, i kept my ass down on the floor on some (most) of those roll-ins. ;)

And after a banana break, I went to the park. Did 200 walking lunges in the middle of the huge field :eek::eek:. I did them in increments of 50. My thighs were on FIRE
1.gif
!! And then, get this, I ran for 15 more minutes! I thought it would make me feel better. I'm feeling really dragged down today, with a small tired headache. I think sometimes I misread what I should do. Instead I should have had a nap!
2.gif

Went to Dunkin Donuts to buy my supply of ground coffee, and then Walmart and then the bank.

I think I could still sneak in a nap!

Beth: Congrats to you for getting in Tonique!!!! I'm proud of you!!! Just do it, right? Just think of me doing 200 walking lunges in the middle of the park LOL!!! Hope your weather clears up. Wow, it's been so wet and dreary there. Is this odd weather for you guys for the Spring time? I thought YOU had fires and wind? .... Now the more I think about it, the more I do think I need to talk to the scheduler. I probably will call her on the phone since it's harder to get a private conversasion at work without interuptions. Just have to psych myself up for it. It may not be this week, but it will get done. I thought of some other things today that really burn my . ;) , more than it is burnt, anyways.

Joanne: I understand you being busy at work! Of course! Glad you got in a better run and yes, doing the older Cathe workouts are EXACTLy like "an old friend".

Kathy: thanks for the hugs and the little smiley people! They cheered me up today! ... I'm just tired of thinking about this work issue , it's wearing me out and I have other things I'd like to concentrate on, but my mind won't let me! ugh! .... Outdoor gym!! Cool! they must love that!!! How did GS legs go, or you didn't do it yet? Get on that ball, girl!!! ;)

Hey Chris: My butt was on the floor some too. I just can't lift it up as high as Cathe and keep it there!
shame.gif
I get that same attitude that I can keep going with more exercise and then after I am dying and regretting it
flat.gif
Take a break this afternoon and relax. You earned it!!

Off to shower and have some lunch!!
Bananeyessss.gif

Wow, Chris, that was quite a workout! You've been going crazy lately!! Yowsa!

The day finally did clear up here -- it's just about perfect out there now, and the boys have just headed out for a water balloon fight -- a little cool for that, if you ask me, but apparently their cousins in Vermont are doing the same thing in colder weather. They were out in the woods earlier, working on a new fort. They took all kind of tools, shovels, etc. I went out for a walk and had my weighted gloves on, and then I had to help them carry that stuff back, with the four pounders on!! I'm shaking like a chiuaua! However its spelled.

I think the weather has been a little grimmer than usual this year, though we usually do get some rain in April. I only know because we seem to have so many friends with April birthdays, and the party possibility is always kind of dicey because you just don't know if you can count on the weather!

Joanne, sorry to hear work's so crazy! Hottie, are you there?!

Kathy: Glad to hear you have a low butt on ball work too! :)

Beth: Nicer weather always makes life better, good to hear yours cleared! Your boys sound almost as crazy as mine! LOL!. .... This rotation is tough! You wouldn't know I really dislike lower body workouts, either. I just want a smaller butt like you !!! :p

So my headache is worse and I'm more tired. Maybe pushing myself on workouts today wasn't the best choice.

Beth: I just want a smaller butt like you !!! :p

Ok, where is the little icon guy who's laughing so hard he's falling off his chair?
Cause I need him now! :D

I have a giant headache tonight, too! I just want to go to bed. It's 7:36 local time.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.