April 10 Check in Tuesday 13th***********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

Feeling the DOMS from yesterday. My chest and triceps are so sore..Today is Kick, punch and crunch. So, hopefully I can loosen up some of the soreness...Today is drawing lessons for Lauren and Chris has baseball practice tonight if it doesn't rain..

Talk to you later...

Hey Everyone!

Starting a bit later since there's no school today.

Still bumming about yesterday's eval, but at least I got some sleep. I don't feel very comfortable posting the whole thing, I think I might email you guys (Kathy, I don't have your email though? if you're interested). It's not something horribly bad I did, more of a "politics of work" issue.

Today's workout is PUB and supposed to be a 20 minute run, but the boys are home and not looking great for me getting out to run. So I'll do some sort of added cardio (30 minutes today, since I only did 20 yesterday). Hopefully I can get away with that long of a workout with the boys home!!! :confused:

Hey! Did you guys see? One of my recipes got chosen for recipe of the week!!!! the aspargus quiche!!! cool , huh? I think I'm supposed to get a $100 GC, but I haven't heard anything. Anyways, that did make my day!!

Beth: The weather there sounds so crazy!! But it doesn't seem to bother your boys! Mine don't care either. They'd go out to play in anything. Crazy boys! GREAT job on getting Tonique done yesterday! Did you end up starting the iron supplements? Are you more tired than that? ... For some reason FF's Summer Rotation doesn't hit me as something I NEED TO DO now. But I may do it starting in May. Or see what Cathe has then.

Kathy: You go on those GS workouts!!!! (Better you than me, lol!!)

Joanne: Sorry you're in a bummer mood too. My life at home certainly does distract me from work issues though. For that I guess I'm grateful. But work is really bothering me more than usual with this new thing. ... I think I may do a partial Turbo Kick today for my cardio. Maybe that will cheer me up!?! (for a little while anyways)..../ Zach has gone off like that with his friends, but in a more gradual way. It was a little hard to adjust to in the beginning. Esp. since he's my first, and I was always so protective of him. It's hard!!!

*waves to Hottie!!!!* we need an update!!!!

BBL!

Good morning! Joanne and Chris, I hope you have happier days today!! Chris, I get it about not wanting to post about some work stuff here -- I feel the same -- send me some email. Maybe you already did! :D

Congrats on the recipe!! Can we post recipes we find elsewhere? You know it's funny.... I saw the title of that recipe and it sounded good, but I didn't really think much of it, but now that you mention it, you are the crustless quiche queen, aren't you?! What will you do with the certificate?

I did upper body today, too, Chris -- I love PUB, but I ended up doing some KCM again. I did Muscle Definition this time -- a mix of the upper body workouts -- Joanne will sort of know what I mean. :)

I woke up from the craziest dream! Cathe's RT had a part two, and I got there but missed the lunch (and in truth, I did miss lunch on Friday of the real RT, but there was no organized lunch to miss). It was theoretically at the same hotel, and I thought how crazy that she shipped all the steps home and then had to bring them out again when surely the hotel could have put them in some sort of storage, but... the hotel was completely different and I lost my key and I lost my RT badge and all was really not going well. Funny. Oh yeah, and then I remembered that I packed no workout clothes!!!

Today we are off to acquire supplies for Travis' birthday party and order an ice cream cake. I may take them to see the train a dragon movie, too... we'll see. The weather is somewhat better today -- cloudy, but only a 10% chance of rain.

Enjoy your day and workouts!! Hellooooo Hottie!

Yeah Chris!!!! Way to go on that recipe. I thought it sound good too. But, not sure the family would eat it. How exciting to get $100 cathe bucks....I would love that...I will have to find a really good recipe and submit it. I could use $100...I am pming you my email address...

Beth: too funny about that dream..Have fun shopping..

Back to the lessons...

Hey again...

Did PUB! I really like that one! I'd forgotten how much. It goes by pretty quick. Jake (my 8 yr old) did some of the workout with me, in his feetie PJs. LOL!. He was funny. He'd be doing an exercise and say, "What part is this working now, Mom?". Just cute. And I love that my boys will always have a fitness background. They like to play around/lift my weights and blast their music. it's cool!

Afterwards, I did the cardio portion of Kickin Core (Turbo Jam). Love that music and moves and energy. The shaking and the kicking. it's just fun and went by quick.

But holy MOLY, the DOMS from PLB is really kicking in this afternoon all of a sudden. It's like it doesn't REALLY happen until the 24 hour mark after the workout. Big time DOMs. In fact, I haven't had DOMS in my lower body in a very long time! YAY! (do I mean that?)

Kathy: I got your email address. you have mail! No hurry in replying if you reply at all. I have a while to think about it. ... I usually make the quiche for me and Greg (or just me) and for the boys something else. it's easy enough, so I don't mind having 2 things.

Beth:
Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm HAPPIER, just not as low. I guess that's good? .... I know, I usuallly make an egg dish once or sometimes twice a week. I think you have to have your own recipe or modified recipe of someone else's at least. ... I'm debating on what to do with the certificate. Either going for smaller things, like a mat, weighted gloves, a t shirt or 2. or maybe for the Push Pull tower?!?! Do you have that? Do you like it/use it? does it store folded up nice?... that is too funny about that dream/nightmare. You'd think you'd have that dream BEFORE the RT! LOL!. ... I heard the Dragon movie is good! Is Travis birthday today?

We've had a fire on a nearby mountain (nearby as in just down the road from us!) raging for 3 days now. I took the boys to see it. it's mostly out, just some smoke, but we got to see the helicopter dumping water on it. It was kind of cool!

Crazy about the fire, Chris -- that's what it's like for us!! So cute about Jake working out with you -- in pjs! -- but why didn't he do the Turbo Jam?! ;)

I have the push/pull tower -- bought it when I was injured from doing STS because I know it would have prevented the injury. But, get this.... I have never even opened the box!! Such a waste! I don't know that I'll ever be lifting like that again.... I'm just not into it. I figure maybe someday the boys might want to use it. Good luck with your decision! :)

Well, we got all kinds of stuff done for the party and my credit card is worn out! His birthday is Friday, and that's when the party is. We did not go see the movie -- I'd had enough out and about with all we had to do.

Ok, just back and trying to get caught up. Maybe I'll BBL (that always makes me think of Brazil Butt Lift now).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.