April 10 Check in Monday 19th************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Well, I am ready for this week. Today I start back with STS with meso 3 disc 28: Chest and Back. I also have cleaning to get done and later we have CCD....So, yet another packed day!!!

Hope everyone enjoy their weekend....

Good morning! Today's my mom's birthday.....

I had a brilliant epiphany upon waking this morning..... after 10 days of waking without an alarm, I have decided that my tiredness is all due to.... drumroll please..... not enough sleep!!! I've consistently slept in one hour later every day. I don't know what to do about that.... can't really go to bed any earlier than I do! Can't sleep an hour later on school days. Oh well. (yes, my kids are out of school today, too.... back tomorrow finally -- Chris, your kids are out this week, right? Hope you have some fun with it!)

I started STS, yet again, this morning! I'm psyched. My shoulders are much much stronger.... nothing else is -- perhaps a little slide back on chest and bi's, in fact. I have a feeling I'll be feeling those pushups!!

Yesterday we headed off to the beach -- it was a perfect day -- stopped for breakfast first (at about 1:30!) and after eating Larry and I were so sleepy we drove back home for a nap! No beach! Crazy. I think the kids were tired, too, though, because it was silent on the drive home. Larry had a little nap and revived himself and then Travis begged him to go canoeing, so the three of them went off to do that. They had a great time and I was lazy some more. Finally did some laundry and cleaning before they got home. Strange day.

Chris, do you know Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone? It's a podcast and one of the woman is MizFit, if you know about her (she has a blog). Well, this morning on fb they posted asking for tips for people who work the nightshift. I was going to point you to the link, but there's not a lot there yet..... one guy posted a link that looked promising, but it didn't work for me. I'll keep you informed.

Kathy, don't know if you'll be back with that packed day, but I hope you have a good one.

Joanne/Hottie, did you guys have a good weekend? Hellllooooo!

cheers....

Hi ladies!!

Wow, crazy weekend for us. Ian's friend called and invited him over for her birthday. About 7:00 he calls and tells me he hit his head while playing on their trampoline. I say, OK, are you OK? He sounded kind of strange and then the mom came on the phone. She tells me he bumped heads with a kid and the kids teeth went into Ian's head. They think he needs stitches. So I drive over there, they had him all cleaned up, but they said he bled alot. It looked pretty bad, so we go to the emergency room. Five hours later we are out of there with five staples in his head. Poor kid. Then yesterday we're all over at our neighbors and one of the kids accidently hits Ian in the nose with one of those large rubbermaid buckets. He starts gushing blood. A frozen bag of peas and lots of tissues later, he was fine. But I think that hurt even more than the head injury. Ugh!! He's fine now - at school. It was cute how worried the girls at the party were about him.

Beth, sounds like a great party! So, Larry's a talker, huh? ;) Guess what? I did Tonique 2.2 today! Finished all of it this time. I have a very ambitious plan for this week. Not sure how this will go, but I want to do Tonique with STS (thanks for the idea!). I'm not sure if I'm going to do Meso 1 or 2. I think I'll do Tonique M, W, and F and then do the upper STS on Tues. and Thurs. I might add in running or BBL to the STS days, we'll see.

Chris, how was work this weekend. TGIM! :)

Hi Kathy and Hottie!!

Have to get some stuff done...BBL

Joanne

Joanne, oh my gosh, that's crazy about Ian!!! Poor kid! Double whammy! Did he have to get a tetnus shot because of the teeth thing? It seems like they give those at the drop of a hat.

Hey, we're doing the same rotation, pretty much! I may change things up slightly. I heard a podcast where the guy was talking about doing a split and he suggested doing two days on, one day off, and just cycle through the three body parts, so I was going to try that with some easy workout on the day off. So, it means I wouldn't be doing tonique three times a week and I'd be doing STS in a compressed schedule.

Beth, hey, as long as the kids were fine with turning back, it sounds like a good day! Sometimes you just need those lazy ones. I figured out my tiredness is probably lack of sleep, too. Gee, we're geniuses aren't we? ;) Like you said, I can't get up any later and can't go to bed any earlier, so just got to deal with it. So how are you doing STS? Are you doing the legs, too? So, would you do two days in a row of upper, then a Tonique?

Hey Girls!

It's Monday! YAY!

Weekend at work was pretty nice, actually. Not too busy and no crazy fatigue. I felt pretty good , oh and no headache! It's funny, I think I may know the nurse who was bitching about my holiday schedule. It's all speculation, but when I remember the conversasion a few months ago, she was there, and mentioned "I'll do whatever holiday that's fair. If it's my turn for Christmas, put me on Christmas". And then this weekend she was talking about her schedule this summer and switchign it up , but "making sure I do my fair share of weekends". . So I also have thought more about it, and since the scheduler already has been working on the next 3 months schedule, which includes 2 major holidays, and hasn't said anything to me, I'm going to let it go for now. When she approaches me with the holidays schedule and has questions, I will "work with her". We'll see. I may change my mind, because I've changed it 10 times in the last week!

TOday (VERY soon, because I'm procrastinating) I'm going to do Legs & Glutes and then supposed to be a run, but Greg is leaving and I can't leave the house, so I'll do some sort of cardio (kickboxing) for 20 minutes.

I better get to it!

Be back after to chat!

Joanne: Poor Ian!! He was not having a good weekend was he? Glad he is ok now and back to normal at school..

Beth: way to go on STS...I am doing STS this week with Cathe's rotation and then back to gym styles next week to finish off April. Happy Birthday to your mom. My birthday is the 27th and will be spending the evening watching Chris in a baseball game. That should be fun! Sounds like a great weekend you all had...

Ok, tomorrow we will be getting Verizon internet. Our appointment is for between 8 and 12...We are changing our to Fios on our internet and tv. We decided to get rid of satellite tv and try verizon. That had a really great bundle package for those 2 and our phone...Now, it is time to get ready to hit the road to CCD....

Have a great night...

Hey Chris...we were posting at the same time!! I hope you get your work schedule "worked" out. I know that is a heavy burden on your mind..Enjoy your cardio..

Joanne, my plan is (and we'll see if I can stick to it for a month!): assuming three different workouts, chest/shoulders/bi, back/tri, and tonique for legs/cardio, I'm going to do two days on, one day yoga or easy workout or rest, and two days on again, rotating through the three. So, each week will have a different mix, but imagine this:

Day 1: STS 1 (chest/sh/bi)
Day 2: STS 2 (back/tri)
Day 3: yoga
Day 4: tonique
Day 5: STS 4 (chest/sh/bi)
Day 6: yoga
Day 7: STS 5 (back/tri)
Day 8: tonique
Day 9: yoga

etc. Make sense? The yoga day is really a free (and light) day, and you see I don't care so much about cardio. :confused: ;) I'm going to try it for a while and see how it feels.

Yeah, we're brilliant about the sleep issues! ;)

Chris, I understand you wanting to handle the scheduling issue as you are -- hope it all works out well for you in the end.... that's the important thing! Glad to hear work was better.

Kathy, a friend of mine has that verizon package and is very happy with it, fwiw here across the country! :)

We are having a hugely productive day here so far -- opposite of yesterday! Yea!

Hey Again!

Got Legs & Glutes done. Wow. Tough workout for me on Monday. The leg presses KILL me cardio wise, I feel like I"m dying during those sequences. But I did it, and of course, in the end, it felt good!

Greg ended up taking Alex and Jake with him to get a new microwave (ours died this weekend :(). So I went for a 25 minute run just up and down the side streets here instead of at the park. It felt great! And I did a wonderful leg stretch with music and in my backyard on the lawn afterwards! Ah!

Kathy:
Back to STS! ALl this talk of STS here is making me want to do it again (soon). I'm really debating on whether to get the Push Pull Tower. That would be cool to do STS with. Or just spending it on a few fitness items and tshirts. There's no workouts that I don't have that I want. ... Thanks for commiserating with me on the scale this weekend. It makes me feel better I'm not the only one that struggles with that.

Beth: i did read that VF link you posted. It brought up some interesting points. Not to make excuses, but HOPING maybe because I was extra stressed out about work maybe was screwing with my weight last week? I will give this week a second chance. And try the changing up the eating too. ... That Two Fit Chicks podcast sounds interesting! do post the link if it ends up working at some point. I'd be interested in reading /listening to it. ... I love your rotation for the week!!! COOL! You are going to shake things up!!! Do be careful with your shoulder though, k? Are you going to keep going with the 3 months of STS?... Tough call on the sleep thing. Is the sleeping in later a problem for your workout time then? You can figure SOMETHING out!! You gotta AND you have to get some sleep too!

Joanne: Holy @*#@!! You had one bloody weekend there! I hate blood! I know, I know, I'm a nurse, but if one of my kids is bleeding, I get all weak and panicky inside. I hate trampolines! He must have had one big headache, no? Staples? wow. ... It will be fun to hear how Tonique and STS goes for you guys! ... Thanks for TGIM! :)

Kathy AND Beth: My mom's birthday is the 22nd this week too! Busy birthday season coming up for us. Mine is the 7th. Did I tell you I can't wait for cake and presents? ;) . We celebrated my mom's birthday at Easter, but I think I'll bake something and bring the boys over on Thursday to sing to her! (did someone say cake?). Nooo.. I'm going to behave myself with my eating this week. I am!

Hey Hottie Hottie! Hope you're doing ok!!!!

The boys are off from school this week. A few little fun things planned. Just day fun stuff. One of those things is bringing alex and jake to the park with me on a run, and they're going to ride their bikes! They're so excited about that! LOL!

Better run!

BBL!

Kathy, that is also my SIL's birthday! This time of year does seem to be very busy for birthdays.....

Chris, on the two fit chicks thing.... one of them is known as MizFit, and her blog is mizfitonline.com -- it's so-so in my opinion. If you want to hear their podcast, it is somewhat interesting, just look for two fit chicks on itunes. It's nothing that earth shattering. But, the reason I thought of you is that I'm a fan of theirs on fb, and they did start a discussion on how people who work the nightshift can be effected (eating too much, etc.). I tried to post that link here, but it's too long and it gets broken. You could become a fan or I could email you the link. I just emailed you.....

I do not think I will do meso 3, but we'll see. I'm already finding I'm tempted by total body workouts, so we'll see if I can even make it through meso 1!!! :eek: I'll be careful of my shoulder, but that did happen with a meso 3 workout, so I think I'm ok for now. Thanks!!

super late cupcake check in. Evee had stomach issues and kept us up all night. we fell asleep when she fell asleep....7a. we both went into work late. I did AS despite having scheduled IM2. Maybe tomorrow though I'd like to start trying a Beth schedule (despite it being 10p now!) I was doing so well about eating healthy and then I looked at the refrigerator for dinner to start clearing it up before we leave and i saw glorious glorious lamb curry from last week followed by heath breyers ice cream. oh well. our president also decided to park himself across where I worked today to fund raise for barbara boxer so let's just say I dealt with traffic. I really should go to bed but I just wanted to say, 1) omigosh for your boy Joanne! 2) Chris, i'm thinking about starting STS again next month with the shock cardio in there, 3) Beth -- HAHA, Larry's a talker! Now you know what Joe feels like... ;)

good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.