April 10 Check in Friday 9th**************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

We had a big rain storm here last night and the temp is going to be a little cooler today at around 60...Yesterday I ended up doing Amy Bento's Advanced step challenge 3 and I am still working on the footwork on that one. Then, I did ab circuits pilates...Today is Kickmax for me..

ok, Talk to you all later..

Good Morning!

balloons.gif

Kathy: I get irritated sometimes at not being able to get the footwork of a step workout. Not so much with Cathe, but other instructors. .. Our weather sounds the same! WE had rain over night, (still a little this morning) and it's cooling off to the 60's. Supposed to stay 60-ish through the weekend and next week. Which is what our Spring weather USUALLY is. But man, oh, man, I sure enjoyed the 80's the last 2 days!!

Beth: I read your post from last night (enjoy the cupcakes?? ;)). Glad the outside made you feel a little better. Maybe some meditation? Do you remember that meditation email you sent me? I used one of those suggestions when I was doing meditation and it really helped. I still have the email if you want it. .... Oh , the "new technology" Greg was blinding me with was the new phones he got for the house. OMG, there's like 6 of them! And he's trying to explain all this gobbledegoo about how they work, etc. ..... I've been curious about Insanity too. BUT, I am saving my money to buy Chalene's Turbo Fire from Beachbody that should be coming out soon. it's supposed to be HiiTs , but Turbo Jam style (music, kickbox, etc). Here's an update email I got:

"...... I have a bit of
info about Chalene's new Turbo Fire Workout.

We know that it will be released next month... In May.

Chalene is traveling down to the big Beachbody conference
in California this month to help with the big release.

The workout is looking like it will be a 10 DVD set and possibly
a 15 DVD set for the Deluxe version... YEAH BABY!!!!

We have seen some clips of the workout and let me tell you...
this workout is going to be HIGH ENERGY and FAST!"

I'm SOOOO gettting it!!!
clap.gif

So I woke up during the night for sugar checks and my hips were SOOOOO tight and sore! But this morning, just some DOMS. What is up with that???? It's weird. Anyways, today is Cardio and Weights. I'm minusing the abs though, and will do them tomorrow....

*waves* to Hottie and Joanne!!!!

Good morning, and happy Friday!! Kathy, I'm with Chris.... in fact, I can't really do anyone else's step but Cathe's, except Tracy Long and maybe a little bit of KCM, but I don't go near Bento. :) It's too bad, because I know she gives a good workout.

Chris, that's funny about sending me the meditation mail -- maybe you should! :D It was nice to get outside, but I think it mostly now helps that it's Friday and next week is spring break -- wah-hooo! I'm so glad to not be bound to a schedule.

Chris, maybe your hips are sore from all that running and leg work!! Make sure you stretch a bunch. I think I may finally be getting the running itch. Maybe this weekend I'll get out, though we're supposed to have rain Sunday. I guess it might be spring for all of us at the same time finally!! :)

I do not know why I'm interested in Insanity, because I think mostly I'm not. I seem to want less intensity these days. Anyway, Joanne, if you missed my post, I am crazily drawn to Insanity at the moment, and I'm not sure why. Tell me what to think. Chris, I've been seeing the posts about Turbo Fire, but I never did get into Turbo Jam at all -- I just couldn't do the moves!!! So, it's probably not my thing. I do not need any more workouts!

Oh, speaking of workouts.... I did a KCM this morning.... NYC, the upper body mix. She had some different moves in there. I sort of liked them, but I also sort of wondered if they might be injury-prone, so I'm not sure what to think.

This morning at school is the jogathon kick-off assembly. Every spring the kids do a jogathon fund raiser. It's really fun. Well, they always try to get some sort of sports celebrity to come for the kick off or the jogathon itself. One year it was Brandi Chastain -- she gave a motivational talk at the assembly, and then came back two weeks later to run with the kids. Very cool! Well, this year it's a member of the Olympic bobsled team. Turns out he's really a runner, but couldn't quite make the Olympic cut, so somehow they talked him into doing the bobsled. Can't wait to hear what he has to say. He's the uncle of a couple of kids at the school, so that's why he's coming. I'll bet anything he comes and runs with them too, though he did mention that the timing might not work out so well for one of the things because he had to go to the White House! We joked about his priorities, of course. Should be a very upbeat morning!!

Hope you all have a great Friday! Hottie, I know yesterday was not a good day for you -- hope today is looking up!!

Hi ladies!!

((Hottie)), sounds like you are having a tough time at work. Hope all is OK.

Kathy, I almost mastered Amy's ASC3 last year. It really is fun once you get it. I need to pull it out again sometime.

Chris, sounds like great weather! Six phones?! That's more than one per person! I got that email about Turbo Fire, too. I am SOOOO GETTING that!! Very excited! :)

Beth, yea for spring break! It's so nice not to have to get the kids up and ready for school. I love that about summer. I think people either love or hate Insanity. I did almost a month of it, and I think I liked it! I know, not very helpful. But, I remember you saying you didn't really like the cardio plyo one, don't you have that one? Or, was that Chris? Anyway, they are all pretty much like that, just some different moves. They are really, really tough workouts. Shaun T. is great - it's fun to have a guy instructor. You really have to do them when you have a lot of energy. It was tough for me cause I work out in the morning and they were hard to face sometimes. I never did get to the second month. Or the third month of CLX. Maybe I should do a rotation of both of those! ;) But, if you didn't like that one workout, you won't like the whole set. Yea, KCM does put some different twists on weight work and I'm worried sometimes it's not safe. But I like the variety. I remember you doing the jogathon last year. Wow, time does fly! It doesn't seem that long ago. That's cool about the runner/bobsled olympian.

Today I did KCM's 30 minute weights - chest, back and legs. I'm at work, but I'm planning to go outside for a run!! I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit, hopefully by lunchtime it will. Someone was talking in the gym the other day about a route they take that's mostly residential and goes close to a park. So, I'm going to try that. I don't like running around the crowds at lunchtime downtown. The lake is about a mile away, maybe I'll try that another time. Looking forward to running without all the Tully pit stops! ;)

Have a good day all!

BBL....

Joanne

Hey Joanne! I know, I'm nuts to consider Insanity. When I was waiting for the boys at piano yesterday I was reading reviews and the thing that got me was the improved cardio endurance factor, the fun, and at least a couple of people said that either the way he coaches, or the moves, or something, it ends up being easier on their joints than Cathe. But..... I've decided if I can't do Tonique (standing) three times in one week, I'm not cut out for it (even though I would never do the rotation as intended, I would just work separate workouts in here and there). So, I'll see if I can have an Insane Tonique rotation and see how that goes. The thing I didn't like about the one I have is that things repeated so much -- are they all like that? People keep talking about how much FUN they are.

Well, our water heater broke! Something like this always happens when we're expecting company, I swear. And in trying to fix it, Larry made it worse, so all in all it's not so great. Whatever. We still have hot water in the guest house, so worse case we'll all shower there. Not so great for my mom, but we'll deal.

Joanne, I almost did the Weights workout this morning (one of them), but for whatever reason I went with NYC. I saw Nyx on videofitness posted a few rotations using 30 min. workouts, and I thought I might try that for a while, with extra stretching in the other 30 minutes. I dunno... there's so much to choose from!! But, her rotations made good use of KCM, which does go underutilized in my house, so I thought I'd give it a go for a bit. Of course Ivy finishing up another round of STS made me want to jump into that, too. I'm so unfocused.....

Hey Girls...

So I did C&W. Was a little leary about having leg work in this, but there really *IS* no leg work. This one has some good music! I haven't done it in forever, and had fun with it!!

Beth: I go through waves of being interested in Insanity and not. I'm in the "not" phase. LOL!. My hips ARE really tight/sore as the day goes on. I do need to stretch more. .... The jog a thon sounds like a fun day! Cool on having "guest athletes". I know I read this article about Apolo Ohno and how HE is a runner too. that's cool! I love it! today is dreary, dark-ish , and just stopped drizzling. I'm not missing it today. KCM sounds like a good upper body workout for today!

Joanne: on getting Turbo Fire!!! I'm excited for that one. I was tempted by the BOGO at Powder Blue for the Turbo Kicks this week, but I can't. I have to wait. ... Hope you get your run in!!! Sounds like it could be a nice run. .!!!

Tomorrow is looking tight with schedules. Zach has a "field day" (aka clean up, rake the BB field) for baseball at 9am. AND so it looks like I'll drop him off and try to get his papers done. And get back to him by 11am. It sucks. But what can I do? How sad is it that I'm getting anxious about not getting to work out already? :confused:

Better go be productive -ish...

Looks like we're drinking a six pack when we meet, Beth! :p

Saw the water heat post on FB. that TOTALLY sucks. SOrry, Beth. But , yes, you will get through it. Hang in there!!!

Beth, that sucks about the water heater. Those things always happen at the most inopportune times. Not that there's ever a good time for it. Hope you can get someone to fix it quick. If I remember right, most of the Insanity workouts are like that - they repeat the drills three times, then move onto new drills and repeat those three times. Except for Pure Cardio which is all different drills - none repeated. I do remember I really liked that one. There's probably a similar one in month two. I'm so unfocused with workouts, too. Always changing my mind! Did you see FF is going to post another get ready for summer rotation?

Chris, I need to stretch more. I always skip the stretches on workouts to save time. Not good, I know. I'm always thinking about how to get my workouts in when we have a lot going on, so I get it! Usually for me it means getting up earlier than usual. And, being tired and cranky the rest of the day! I was going to tell you about the BOGO on turbo kicks, but didn't want to tempt you! But, I see you heard about it! I wanted to try one of the hip hop hustles, but decided not to. They do look fun, though.

I did go for my run and it was...eh...not so good. I felt like a plodding horse. Maybe just a bad day, but my legs felt like they weighed a ton and I just couldn't get into a groove. And, as soon as I started the pain in my hip came back. Actually it's in my upper thigh in back. I did do about three miles, but probably walked 30% of it. I felt good afterwards, but didn't enjoy it. I'll definitely go again, but today I just wasn't feeling it.

Toodles...

Joanne

Ug, Joanne, I hate it when that happens with a run. I know just what you mean with the sluggish leg feeling. Did you try the new route, and if so, was it a keeper? Nice to find new places to run. I just went for another quick walk in the woods -- it's really nice out today. Larry found the part we need, so he's on his way to get that. I think he can fix it himself, so that's the good news. The part, just a valve mind you, is $400!! No wonder plumbers charge so much!!

I am definitely waiting on Insanity. I had a private exchange with Marika, who is all about Tonique lately but I noticed she had posted about Insanity, so I asked her about them. She said she liked Insanity, but honestly had better results with Tonique. I'm going to see if I can get through even just one week doing three in a week. I know I won't stick with that -- I need more variety -- but, I think it'll be a fun challenge. I'll start Sunday if I can manage with my mom here.

In my advanced age, I do like the idea of spending more time stretching, but is is hard to find the time! That's why I was intrigued with Nyx's 30 min. rotations so I could add that in. We'll see if I get to that. With the kids out next week, maybe I could even do hour long workouts with a lot more stretch time.

Chris, I'd share a six-pack with you any day!! I'll have to do C&W again one of these days! Is it similar to Body Max 2, where a lot of the leg work is incorporated into the step routines, and the weight work is upper body focused? That's my recollection of BM2 anyway!!

Beth: Which FF rotation? Did she put out a new one for 2010? I know she said she was working on one, but didn't see one in the rotation forum. Is it somewhere else?

BBL!

Chris, FF did a summer 2009 rotation. It's pretty high up on the rotations page now. I think I actually did it, or some variation! At the end of the thread she says she's going to post a summer 2010 rotation by May 1st. I'm going to wait and see what she posts and probably do it.

Beth, the new route was nice. I'll definitely do it again when I have more pep! Maybe, just maybe I'll try to do Tonique with you three times next week. If whatever is going on with my thigh feels better. Cardio and Weights is mostly compound weight exercises, if I remember right.

Gotta go get ready to go home. First spring soccer game for Colin tomorrow and a dentist appointment for Jameson. DH has a bachelor party to go to tomorrow night. I thought we were done with all those!

Have a good weekend all if I don't get back here...

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.