April 10 Check in Friday 23rd**************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today the schedule tells me to run and do yoga abs...Well, I think I will pick a cardio workout instead and then do the abs...We also are going on a field trip this afternoon with our homeschool group at church. We are going to tour the county police station/jail and learn safety tips..Should be fun...

ok, time to get everyone up for the day!

Hey Girls..

Been busy with the boys here. Sorry for the quickie posts. I'll try to get back later for more!

I did end up doing the CTX Upper Body Split yesterday. Wow. I'd never done it before and it was kind of tough! I have some nice DOMS today from it!

My hips are kind of tight/sore too.

BUT, I'm going to pick one of the plyos for today and do some abs...

NOW!

BBL!

Hi Kathy! Sounds like a good day ahead -- let us know what cardio you end up doing. How was CCC yesterday? That one kills me!

Good morning, all! Hottie, how's Florida treating you? At 4am I realized we never filed an extension for my MIL and never got any tax work done by the guy I shipped all her paperwork off to. Arrrrg! Three out of four household members were up and active by 5:00 here. Crazy morning!

I did STS disc 4 -- more chest/shoulders/bi. So many pushups! I'm feeling pretty good -- rubbery. Will crash this afternoon, I'm sure. We were up so late last night -- the 5th grade homework is out of control this week, and on top of that the Sharks were doing well in a playoff game -- they ended up winning 5-0.

Ok, have to get this day rolling.... have a good one! Waves to Chris (who's probably posting right now) and Joanne!!

Hey girls, again!

I ended up doing the first of the Plyo Leg workouts, Disc 26. I'm like "oh that isn't bad" in the beginning, but by the end I was ready to stop 3 cycles before it was over! I have a feeling this is going to get my legs good! I did the Weights part of Weights & Plates abs too.

Kathy: That does sound like a fun day! Enjoy! ANd Enjoy whatever cardio you end up picking. I have had this desire to do Step Fit ever since Cathe posted on FB about making sheep noises during it! LOL!!!

Beth: OMG, those push ups are CRAZY! yesterday in CTX I got a taste of them. They killed me! I bet you'll be sore tomorrow! You are going to crash today! :eek: I've been so "lazy" this week. Getting up at 7am!! It feels so good , actually. And even though I'm up twice a night still, with Zach's sugar checks, I feel so much better getting to sleep "in" a little. How is your sleep lately?

Hottie: Hope you're having fun in FL!!!!! Is the weather that much different than CA? ... Your plane ride sounded pretty crappy though. I'm sure you're recovered by now?!

*waves* to Joanne!!! Whatcha doing today?

Hi ladies!

Kathy, have fun with your cardio workout and field trip!

Beth, oh, what a horrible feeling. Waking up realizing you forgot something like that. So who was the lucky one who got to sleep in past 5:00? ;) OMG, our 5th grade homework is crazy, too. We get home at 8:00 and Colin still had homework to do. He didn't get to finish it before his soccer game. He's already in a state because DH told him they had a horrible game. Oh, I was fuming! Why would he say that? Colin took it personally that he had a bad game and was crying. I talked him through it and told DH not to say anything else, you'll just make it worse. Colin normally plays great, he just seemed to have a bad day yesterday, plus the other team was really good. They lost 4-0. That stuff doesn't usually bother Colin, he does his best, but doesn't really get upset if they lose. Anyway, we get home, he has three spelling pages, four math pages, has to study for a social studies test, and has to study for the spelling bee. Ugh!! Meanwhile Caitlyn has one page of homework and has to study for a test on maps. Well, they give her a study guide without the answers. Fine, you'd think a 1st grade test would be pretty simple. They were all simple questions, but one was what is a map view? I don't know!! She was literally in tears because she was going to get it wrong. I mean I know what it is, but how to write it in 1st grade terms? So, I calm Colin down and he gets his homework done around 10:00. We went over some spelling words. Not a fun night.

Beth, yea, I was thinking if we keep doing STS this way, each Meso will be less than a month. I'll probably do #4 Monday and #5 Wednesday. I know you're doing it a bit different. I saw the list of exercises for #4 and those push-ups scared me!

Chris, those Plyos do sneak up on you! 7:00 am is sleeping in for me, too! I actually can get close to 8 hours if I do that.

Today I did the original Tonique, but didn't do the mat stuff at the end. Ran out of time. I'm thinking next week of doing Insanity/STS/BBL. Don't know if I'll fit it all in, though. I think I need a bit of a break from Tonique! Although I did do three this week!

Have a dilemma tonight. Colin's spelling bee is at 6:30 tonight. Jameson's band concert is at 7:00. Can't be both places at the same time. I really, really want to see Colin in the bee and so does DH. Jameson said he doesn't care if we go to the concert and I really don't think he does. If it was a solo thing, it would be different. He hates band now and just wants it to be over. So, it looks like we'll be sending Jameson with a friend's family to his band concert and picking him up later. Why do I feel guilty? I know he doesn't care, but I feel bad that no one will be there. But I can't miss the Spelling Bee! It's a pretty big deal. Ugh! (again!) Tomorrow is another crazy day trying to figure out who will be where when and with who. Jameson is in a band competition about an hour away. They have a bus that takes them, but parents can come. Colin is in a soccer tournament and Caitlyn has a party to go to that conflicts with the tournament. I guess we are lucky that Ian doesn't really do any activities except basketball which is over!

Hottie, hope things have settled down there and you are having fun!

Have a good day all!

Joanne

Last edited:
OMG, we went to steak n shake...TWICE. It was ok and it made Joe soo happy. We're in the middle of nowhere sort of. The wedding is in the middle of nowhere also but I guess a prettier more expensive part of nowhere? So, I snagged this hotel thinking it was for business types thinking it was a business place...it's almost as rural as washington township! It's worked out though because it has enough retail that we could get some shopping done INCLUDING me finding this adorable Calvin Klein dress at Marshalls that I'm going to wear to the wedding now since I wasn't so keen on all the dresses I did bring. There's a macys on the way to the wedding place (but closer to where we are) so I'm going by there now to get a gift wrapped (something we picked up at pier one to give on top of what we already bought the bride and groom -- a wicked looking mother of pearl base) and set up a makeup consultation before the wedding so I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. I hope it works out! Also, it turns out that Joe's mother isn't going to be staying with us so we got our double queen room upgraded to a king suite for $5/night (so $10). It's huge(r)! Now I have room to do Travel Fit and HiiT! I'm a little too weak right now to do those workouts and we have to get some errands before seeing family but I'm hopeful for the evening. This forced holiday may be working out for me and Joe. Florida weather is bleh. Reminds me of south jersey...really spread apart, too many walmarts, hot, humid...but I got a spiffy new dress so I'm fine. :)

so no workout for me (yet!)

Joanne -- oh those homework nights! i think I just learned how to do my hw on my own so that I wouldn't bother my mom eventually. Though that HS kid I tutor -- there are times when WE know his HW schedule better than him.

Beth -- EEEK! So, is the accountant going to take the late fees then since you gave him the paperwork?

Chris - go you! Plyo legs turns my legs into jello. Glad I'm not doing them here!

Kathy -- hope you have fun with whatever you do!

Ok, off to shop and then help with decorations...

Chris, re: sleep..... that's how it was for me last week -- so nice to sleep in a little!! So this week it's back to the sleep-deprived schedule and it's catching up to me. If I'm able to catch up a little on the weekends, I'll survive, I guess. Seven more weeks of school only!!

Joanne, it was Dylan who "slept in", but even he was up and juggling 45 minutes earlier than he usually is! Maybe it's our spring weather (finally!).

Joanne, wow -- you did all three toniques this week -- awesome! And that's after having your hip pain, too, and you added in some running! You are crazy, woman! Good for you. Your combo next week sounds good. I am definitely glad to have those pushups behind me -- I was pretty proud of how well I was able to do them though!

Every time you talk about your schedule it makes me tired! Don't know how you keep up, with a full-time job, to boot! Holy cow! You should not feel guilty about the band thing -- you have been to a bunch of them, and as you said, he doesn't seem to mind, it's not a solo, etc. Hope all goes well in the spelling bee (again!) and hope you survive the crazy weekend.

We have piano recital craziness this weekend. Rehearsal tomorrow, which I think is mostly just a waste -- I thought the rehearsal would at least be at the church where the recital is so that they had a chance on the different piano, but no... it's at her house. What is the point? Oh well, maybe it'll smooth things out. Every year you can sort of hear that the kids feel quite a difference in the church piano vs. hers. Did I tell you guys that Dylan is going to start violin after the recital? He's so excited. Ug! But she's been having him play a little at the end of lessons, and she claims he has a bit of a knack for it, so we'll see. He's going to continue with piano and add in the violin. Travis said this morning this will be his fourth recital and he mentioned that he will keep playing for more than nine years (his cousin came out a couple of years ago and had been playing for nine years at that point and it really impressed Travis). So, maybe I'll have some musicians in the family. Mostly I just want them to enjoy it.

I'm home this morning because I have to do 5th grade math again this week. Two hours -- ug! I know, I complain every time I have to do it. I think I'll have one more session after this one. I guess I'd better get some housework done.....

beth -- how cool about the violin! I played viola and it really solidified my musical training (but I can easily play the violin as well). My nieces are playing the violin as well. Though my mother said to me once that she was happy I didn't sound like a dying cat for too long...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.