April 09 check in Monday 6th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

I didn't see a thread. So, I thought I would start us out today..

This week is recovery week. so, cardio today for me...NOt sure what I will do. I thought about running. But, it is raining here. Unless it stops, I will have to do something else..I was thinking of doing an Amy Bento. Maybe one of her hi/lo workouts or steps...

Be back later..

Hi everyone!! I tried to get on this weekend, but kept getting "summoned" for some reason or other by my family! I did read that you were feeling yucky, Chris - hope you are doing better.

Hottie, hope the move is almost done!

This weekend seemed to be all about teeth! Jameson got his braces Saturday. The poor guy, he was in tears Saturday night and Sunday - they hurt so much. I keep telling him his mouth has to get used to them, it's not going to always feel like this. But now I'm wondering myself - they still hurt pretty bad this morning. I'm giving him motrin but he says it doesn't help. He also has the rubber bands which are kind of a pain. Ian had braces and I don't remember him ever really hurting. Then, Saturday night Ian chipped his tooth on the laundry sorter. Not sure how he did it, but he bent down to get clothes out and hit his tooth on the metal handle. He was really upset. It's a tiny chip and doesn't hurt anymore, but he wants to get it fixed soon so I'm trying to get him. Caitlyn lost a tooth Saturday and the tooth fairy forgot to come. ;) oops! I told her the little boy across the street also lost his tooth (which was true!) and the tooth fairy must have been busy over there. He came last night and all was well!

I did get a workout in - Imax2 on Saturday. That is just the perfect cardio workout! And, I started Meso 2 today - Disc 13. It sure is different than Meso 1. I liked it. I had to write out some checks for the kids for school stuff and could barely write afterwards! I'm looking forward to the legs Wednesday.

There's snow on the ground today and Colin has his first outdoor soccer game. Supposedly they are still going to play, but we'll see.

I'm at home today, but have to get some work done and I have a dentist appt...BBL..

Joanne

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday......

Kathe/Chris, enjoy your recovery week!

Joanne, I'm so glad you decided to do meso 2 -- everything is still sore from Saturday for me -- I'm really wondering if I want another day in between, but I won't. I did legs today and it really moved for me! Done before I could even think about it practically. And you're right, Chris, it was fine running yesterday and doing it today, though my hamstrings are darn sore.

I'm up to my old tricks! I could not sleep last night after waking up around midnight or so...... so, finally at 4am I just got up and did the workout. I stretched for half an hour afterward because I was really thinking my legs would be sore, and then I put my dried sweaty self back to bed for a while (everyone's going "ewww!"). I promised the kids I would take them to Monsters & Aliens this afternoon, so unfortunately I'll probably sleep through it (I actually want to watch it!). Chris, do you know if it's in 3D by default? None of the listings say anything about 3D, and I found it playing at multiple theaters.

gotta run.... have a great day!

-Beth

Sorry for that abrupt sign-off.... I was using Larry's computer and he came out to the kitchen.

Joanne, that is crazy about all the tooth things that happened! Sorry to hear the braces are so painful! You are right though, he will adjust.....

Hottie, whenever Joe wants to send sleep tips my way, tell him to feel free! :)

cheers,
-Beth

Hello :)

Before my internet gets wonky again I figured I'd post quickly.
We have been under a tornado watch and our crazy spring weather is just that - I'm sitting here w/ a tank top and shorts as it over 75 w/ high humidity but by tonight we'll go down to 39 and by tomorrow they say we'll be in freezing temps:eek:

Kathy enjoy your rest week :)

Joanne
Oh do I know it about the tooth fairy forgetting to visit - it has happened here a few times cuz this mama bear gets tired and ready for bed by 8pm :rolleyes:

Good call on explaining it to your dd. Sorry to hear about how much pain your son is in... really I would be concerned also maybe they put them on too tight? :confused: I have no experience with braces but geesh your poor guy sounds miserable.

Beth Oh no your having sleep issues? I usually wake up around 1-3 am if I can I try to find my sleep again but sometimes its so darned hard. I hope you find that rest you need soon.

Big Happy hellos to Chris , Hottie and Ivy
!!!

Today was Push Circuit 3 along with the cardio only premix of KPC - great workout overall.

This weekend I stayed consistent and did my workouts even though I had a bunch of kids sleeping over. Then my DD's boyfriend was on leave for just 2 days before he goes off to Kuwait by the end of the week. :( She is distancing herself from him and its just sad. I told her to just take it day by day as we know she is just very upset about him going off to that hot zone; he is such a good kid and we just pray he stays safe while over there. We know she is missing him like crazy and just occupies her time with school and work :confused:

Well off I go into my kitchen to make my base for my Puerto Rican dishes - I make up a big batch and freeze so I can use it when I need it. My house will smell of onions and garlic along with other stuff but thats what makes the food taste yummy.

Hope you all have a great day!

picture.php

Hey guys -- well i had no workout yesterday because I counted dusting and cleaning and steaming and then waxing our floors as the workout. I also cleaned the inside of all the windows and decided that 409 glass and surface cleaner sucks. Oh my gosh -- the whole time I waxed the floors I was squatting -- talk about a conditioning workout! I was going to go into work late and do Imax2 because it helps me start the week but Joe's bus didn't pick him up so i had to take him in. It's ok since I'm getting a lot of work done for the move but a little sad. I am going to head by the gym later for an elliptical run though.

Kathy -- I'm sure whatever you do it'll be fun!
Joanne -- what tooth issues! My nieces had to take a downgrade from the tooth fairy because they were losing their teeth too quickly. My sister was thinking about saying the tooth fairy took your money and donated it to a charity in your name...
Beth -- the first thing he'll ever tell you to help you fall asleep -- try to listen to me explain my research. works like a charm.

:)

Vilma -- you're too fast! That is so heartbreaking about your DD and her bf. I hate weather like that btw -- it's like your changing three times in the day!

Hey girls!

I made it through the night at work, but felt crappy. But did NOT have the unbearable facial/teeth/gum pain and pressure that I had on Saturday. So I was thankful. Just wore a mask all night which was hard, because I couldn't breathe in the first place. LOL!

I'm thinking of doing a quickie 30 minute cardio in a few minutes. Just got up about 20 minutes ago, and ate a snack. I'll let ya know what i do!

Kathy
: Wonder what you did? I'm definitely going to run tomorrow. Today it is raining.

Joanne: Oh my gosh on the teeth this weekend for your family! My 2 older boy are definitely candidates for braces too. I can see my oldest reacting the way yours did to the discomfort. Let us know if this is "normal" and what finally happened. I'm excited you and Beth AND Ivy are doing Meso 2. I have to say, I liked it better than 1, even though I felt so worked. I was sooo sore every workout. The first leg week I had major DOMS, but the others , just here and there. BUt upper body got me every time!

Beth: Yep! The meso 2 workouts left me sore longer too. But since it's your chest, shoulders and tris that are sore, it's easier to do lower body the next workout and leave the upper alone. Did you like the tri-sets?.... On Monsters vs ALiens, it was SPECIFICALLY in 3D. In fact, it cost a few dollars more. At first I told the boys no WAY would I pay more, we would just see it regular, but I broke down when we were standing in line for tickets. ANd I'm glad we did! TO me it was very very cool, and made the movie better for me. I think others hyped it up so big, that I was expecting it to be funnier than it was. But the 3D made up for it. I think you'll like it either way! But yeah, sounds like you might miss a bit of it with your sleep schedule today :eek:

Hottie: Functional workouts! They are good for you, don't sell yourself short on them. kind of cool you can get a workout in and get something accomplished too!

Vilma: Oh my on the weather there! SOunds like New England's usual. But we seem to be stuck on a cool rainy week coming, so I'm a bit bummed. Your workout sounds like it was kickin! KPC is fun isn't it?.

Oh I gotta go , my 13 yr old is blaming ME for the ":C" he's going to get in SCience because he couldn't get a hold of us today to stay after school on the day grades close! I'm going to throttle him, and my voice is too hoarse to really be able to YELL! :mad:

Don't that anyone besides Hottie is still around, but just in case......

Vilma, we had warm weather here today, too, 75 or so, and tomorrow we are supposed to have rain and cooler weather, and even thunder, which is very rare. I hope the tornadoes stay away! I'm sorry to hear about the rough situation with your daughter and her "man" -- he's definitely doing men's work, but boy, they are so young, aren't they?

Well, we went off to the movie.... what a disaster. We went to Target first, and then had some pizza for lunch. Well, we were pretty early, but I had parking, so I didn't want to go run anymore errands at that point. Bad decision, because I had the time wrong for the movie. We sat in the empty theater for an hour! :confused: And then when the previews started there was some problem, so they kept stopping it and starting. We were at that theater for a very long time..... and...... it was not the 3D version!!!! I can see how it would be totally fun in 3D. I did doze a little during the movie...... ate too much -- since we were waiting so long I broke down and bought popcorn which none of us really wanted but we ate and ate. Oh brother! I always find it hard to sleep after eating something so salty, so tonight will be interesting after getting so little sleep last night.

Dinner is in the oven. I have step blast to look forward to in the morning -- haven't done that in a while!

-Beth

I'm here, Beth!

Going to bed as soon as I shut down the laptop..

Sorry your movie experience wasn't all that it SHOULD have been! That's a LONg time in a movie theater too.

I did love the blue blob thing, he cracked me up! Best part was how he fell in love with the Jello Mold!!

Hope you're wrong, and you sleep well tonight!!

Buenos Noche, Amigas!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.