Anyone want to do hundredpushups with me?

Calendar Girl

Cathlete
Cathe's Facebook post the other day got me to wondering if we should be doing push ups every day so I did a search on this forum. I did find a good thread and in it someone mentioned http://hundredpushups.com. Upon checking it out, I thought this would be a great way to increase the number of push ups and I can do and overall body strength. So I'm going to start on Monday and wondered if anyone else would like to give it a try and have a check-in here. Look forward to some Cathletes that will give it a try with me.

Deb

I have been thinking about it too, so I am in! It will give me the push I need to stick to it. Are you going to do your test on Monday or actually start the program? I haven't done the test yet. Are you going to continue your regular strength training? The only thing I am unsure of is how to fit this in with STS. Maybe it doesn't matter though. At any rate, I am in. I can't wait to do 100 push ups straight!!

YEAH! I'm so glad someone wants to do this with me. I'm going to start on Monday and I am starting with the lowest level because I want to do this on my toes (maybe I'm crazy.) I plan to do the hundredpushups work in the morning when I get up and then do my regular cardio/strength training in the evening so I guess you can say I'm doing it in addition to my regular workout. I'll be amazed when I am doing 100 push ups in May!

Lol, you sound just like me! I want to do them on my toes as well. I just tried to see how many I could do and I got out 6. That puts me on level 2 but I am starting out on the lowest level as well. I don't want to hurt myself. And besides, I did them really slow. I'll do mine in the am as well. Do you want to post a daily 100 pushups challenge thread starting Monday? Maybe we'll inspire some people to join us :)

I am not ready to do the program with you all, but I have done it twice before (you may have seen my posts in those other threads), and I just wanted to wish you good luck and tell you that I loved doing the challenge, and I got good results from doing it. I felt so proud of myself for getting it done. (There was a time when I could barely do 10 pushups on my knees, let alone 100 on my toes!)

One tip I will offer: if you have wrist problems, you may want to try using pushup handles. I had some bad wrist problems from the first time I did the challenge. The second time went much better with handles. I also highly recommend doing a check-in. I "met" some great people on the forum that way!

Edit: Oh, and I worked the pushups into my routine by doing them instead of the chest work of whatever workout I was doing that day. It worked well for me.

Good luck and have fun!! I know you can do it!:)

Last edited:
Lisa, I think posting a challenge thread is a great way to go, it will keep me motivated. ;) I hope maybe we can get a few more people on board with us.

Jodi, great advice and thanks for the encouragement.

Anyone else want to join in on this one? We don't all need to be in the same place if anyone wants to join in this week. This is actually really fun. I thought I couldn't even do push ups on my toes a week ago and now I am doing them!!! And, I find myself looking forward to the next day of push ups, who would have ever thought! I downloaded the app for my ipod touch and it works great while doing the workout. Great way to challenge ourselves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.