Alywyn,TT,Kettlebellers,P90X..etc...TGIF!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

I figured someone was happy that its Fri so I put that in the title. I for one am working all weekend,technically Im not over the moon that it is Fri but beleive it or not, by going to work I get a nice break from the craziness in my house:)

Today is suppose to be Kenpox but I am thinking about doing a run on the TM inside. Kind of like the run I did the other day but I have a feeling I won't be able to go as fast b/c it is 5:30 in the morning. Im hoping for 7 miles, if not I may only do 4 miles and then 4DSKB? I was also thinking that I could give Kenpox a try tonight but my the sounds of things we are having a lobster boil with the neighbours tonight....AND this is what I mean by crawling under a rock for 12 weeks.My neighbour is gonna break out her new machine she just bought for making slushy drinks! Now, who don't like slushy drinks?
Anyway, if I do good all day I guess there won't be any harm in having a little drink by my side.

Do you think lots of protein could be contributing to my mood? I thought it was the low carb but yesterday was my worse day by far this week and I wasn't low carbing it. Just a thought.

Also did legs and back yesterday and it was a good workout. My legs are sore today, mostly in my buns. I also bought a chin up bar before starting! Boy, they are tough!!!

I will bbl to report my workout!
Have a good fri everyone!
Lori:)

Hey Lori and all who follow!

Lori: I gave you my opinnion of the Turbo Jam work outs on yesterday's thread last night. I don't know if you saw it so I figured I'd give you a head's up. Do with it what you will. :)
The alcohol doesn't bother me so much as I don't drink often or enough that I think it really will affect me. What DOES affect me are the munchies I get from the drinking. THAT is the problem! LOL
Have fun at the lobster boil. Lobster isn't bad for you. Just don't dip it in tons of butter, okay? :p

Jen: Just a heads up that I wrote back to you late last night just incase you haven't checked y'day's thread yet.

So today I have my 3rd and final weight work out of the week on tap from After Burn. It's the first work out I did as they alternate through out the month. I was considering making a small tweak in the program in order to utilize my new shiny kettlebell by taking that 3rd work out of each week and making it a KB work out instead. I don't have a real KB work out but plan to get one and can pick up an Iron Core dvd from Target in the meantime. What do you girls think? Good idea, bad idea or what? I don't want to hinder my results but I really want to get some KB work outs in if I can!!! I am also thinking it's still a form of weight training and change is GOOD, right? ;)

Sunny, you are the KB queen...what would YOU do!? }(

Good Morning!

Today is supposed to be a light day - I'm doing the warm-up, core, stretch and foam roller section on the Fitness Fix sports conditioning dvd. I also have to practice TK.

Lori, Pull-ups are hard. Have fun tonight. I'm sure you'll manage to get a workout in.

Wendy, They used to give out a 1 week free pass to try out the site. I did it last year and there are alot of good workouts. I belong to strengthcoach.com so I get alot of great info from that site. Ryan Lee started both sites along with some other people, if my memory serves me correctly. I think you can sign up for free emails that will send you a different workout too.

Hello to everyone - hope you have a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl,

Thanks for the info! I will definately keep the site bookmarked then and I will also check out strengthcoach.com!}(

Enjoy your work out!

Hey Girls:)

Its so much easier to check in from work then home:) Im in a good mood today surprisingly:) Maybe its just lack of sleep? I dunno!

Wendy** I did read everyones post yesterday but I didn't have time to respond and then I forgot.Soooo I did see what you posted! Thanks for the info. The workouts appear to be so much fun. I watch t.v in the wee hours of the morning so I get to see all the BeachBody commericals. Makes me want to whip out my cc:p
As for tonight, its not the lobster I am thinking about, its the salads. It will probably be potatoe like with lots of salad dressing and probably garlic bread as well. Im sure I will be o.k if I stick to my guns.
I have no suggestions regarding KB's b/c I don't use them.Im sure whatever you come up with will be just fine:)

Shirl** Enjoy your relaxing/easier day:)

I did a 6 mile run today. Time wasn't as good as 2 days ago but I didn't expect it to be. I started out slower and warmed up longer. I did 6 miles in 53 mins.Atleast it is done now and out of the way:)

Lori:)

Lori: Good job on the run this morning. We can't always perform at our best every single day, you know. ;) Glad your mood is a good one today. I battle sour moods quite often. It stems from being a SAHM. I need to get back to work. In the fall he is going to preschool so I'll be getting a job for about 20 hours a week. I am hoping it helps. :)

Morning all!

Quick post to say this morning's workout is complete! Strength, circuits, cardio. Whew!

I'm in meetings at work all morning, but I'll be back at lunch to catch up.

Wendy, I did see your post from last night. I totally hear you on the time apart. Trust me, this mom can relate.

Lori, I CANNOT tell you HOW GLAD I AM that it's Friday! I get to sleep past 4:30 tomorrow morning. Woo hoo!

Hi to everyone else!

BBS~

Jen

Good Friday morning to all.

Lori - yes it is TGIF for me here. Not working, still working out
}( , and will be starting on the bathroom floor laying out some tile. I’m am going to be thinkin’ of ya tonite while you are dining on lobster. Probably my very very favorite thing to eat – and I have no problems leaving the butter behind since it is sooo sweet. Please enjoy at least a few bites for me.

Wendy - I am a little confused as to what you mean by your workout and them being alternated throughout the month? Another who hasn’t attempted the kettlebells yet but I bet Sunny & Christine will have an idea or two for you.

Shirl – hope your light day is “refreshing” and you get your TK practice in today.

Lori – P.S. I’d be very happy with 6 miles in 53 minutes ! I just about died yesterday running at 7 mph for 5 minutes – attempted it 3 times but had to stop in the middle of the 3rd round for a short 15 – 20 break so I could catch my breath. Run, Lori, Run. LOL !

Jen – great workout – hope your meetings didn’t put you to sleep but it sounds like you should have quite a bit of adrenaline left from your workout !

Off to hit the NROLW Workout B in Stage 1. One more round before my As Much as You Can Do next week.

Then I need to decide if I want to catch a glimpse of Arnold Schwartzenegger who is supposed to be in town for a state of emergency address regarding the Santa Cruz Summit fire. We are just over the hill and they use a local park (the Garlic Festival park in fact) which is about a 5 minute walk from my house. It is usually pretty crowded over there when the firefighters take over to set up their base camp. Hmmmmm . . .

BBL

Done with my workout:

Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8 @ 60# (up 5#)
Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8 @ 20# (up 3#)
Pullovers: 3 sets of 8 @ 30# (up 6#) ugh that was tough!
Standing Lunges: 3 sets of 8 @ 30# (up 3#)
Swiss Ball Crunch: 3 sets of 15 @ 20#

Upping those weights really tuckers me out}(

Off to the shower and errands.

Lori, Awesome workout. You keep a really good pace. Enjoy the lobsters tonight!

Wendy, I'm trying to stay away from that link you posted. I don't need any more Alwyn temptation. ;-) I've really become such a fan of his that he's approaching the same status of Cathe relative to my credit card. It has always been "Oh, Cathe has something new?!? Charge it up, baby!" I'm starting to feel the same way about Alwyn, so I'm not even gonna look. Yet.

Shirl, looks like a great workout. I'm intrigued by the foam roller you mention. It sounds like something my body would appreciate right now.

Jacque, I actually enjoy the meeting I attend. I work for a bankruptcy trustee, so these meeting are where we and other creditors can interview the debtors. It's usually pretty interesting, and sometimes verrrry entertaining.

Well, my stomach is apparently adjusting to this diet. I just had lunch and I'm stuffed, and it's the exact same thing I've been eating all week. Won't complain about satiety. :p

Anyone here a Grey's Anatomy fan?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jen

Argh! I am exhausted and don't feel like working out. I went to bed too late last night. I took a nap this afternoon but it wasn't enough. Perhaps I will do the work out but just do less sets...I know if I skip it I'll feel horribly guilty. I was planning on taking a rest day on Sunday anyway so I'd rather just wait to rest until then...

I guess I'm gonna go work out now...*drags self off computer chair to get changed*

BBL!

hey ladies,

this is my first time all day getting to play on the computer.

this morning i did the second level workout of shred. it was a good workout in only 30 mins. definitely got my heart rate up! i followed that up with a 1 hr run outside with my running buddy. lots of hills, very exhausting.

wendy-i don't think you results will be hindered at all using a full body KB workout. that is what i have been doing. during the second stage you have three workouts a week. day 1 and day 2 and on the third workout you do day 1 again. i have been subbing in a KB workout (well today shred) and i am seeing tremendous results. if you want to borrow a kb workout let me know and i will put one in the mail for you.

today my dsister is visiting from NJ. she is also a personal trainer and exercise instructor. i love when she visits because it is so much fun working out together!! so for the next couple of days my rotation will be a little messed up because we will be doing our own workouts.

now for the really great news: yesterday after i weighed myself i just couldn't hold off to check my bf%. drums roll please....... it is already down 2% in only 3 weeks. am i lovin' this program or what!!!!:7 alwyn is a genuis:D

so no more computer time my little ones are battling each other and i have to go break it.x(

just gotta add i love how everyone is ROCKIN' their workouts!!!

have an awesome night everyone!

Sunny: Okay cool! Then I will do that starting next week! Stage 1 is the same way in terms of having 2 work outs and doing one of them 2x each week so that will work out perfectly!
Thanks for the offer to mail a work out my way! That's so sweet but I was considering purchasing "The Kettlebell Way volume 1" from here http://store.beacon-fitness.com/servlet/-strse-1/The-Kettlebell-Way-cln--Volume/Detail anyway. Is that a good choice? I also picked up Iron Core vols 1 and 2 from Target today. Thoughts? :)
I hope your boys are done fighting and have a blast working out with your sister this weekend! }(

So I pushed and did the full work out, all sets, all reps and even upped my weights on some stuff. So much for being exhausted!;) :7 It went much quicker this time since I was familiar with the exercises and the format of the work out.

Time to grab some food and a shower.

I'll be back later with more personals though!:)

Great job on the workout, Wendy. I popped in to read earlier and saw your last post, and I knew then you'd do it anyway, and in its entirety. You strike me as a person who's always pushing yourself to work harder, do better...am I right?

Sunny, great workout for you today, too! It's so cool that you and you sister will get to work out together this weekend. Enjoy! And congrats on the bf% drop! You go, girl! You're right, Alwyn is a genius.

I'm so happy this week is over, and it was a nice surprise when my bossed popped her head into my office this afternoon to say she was closing the office early. I have this whole weekend to myself because my kids are with their dad this weekend, and the possibilities are endless! What to do? Right now though, I'm not doing ANYTHING but catching up on the Tudors.

BBL ~

Jen

Jen: Yeah you are right. Well, when it comes to exercising anyway. I wish I was like that with other things too but I'm not. Oh well. We all have our strong points, right? :)
Lucky you to have the weekend alone. I can't wait to hear what you do with your time!
DH and I are lucky. We have lots of willing babysitters so we get a goodly amount of time w/o DS. In fact, my SIL is watching him next weekend so that we can spend the weekend in Atlantic City with my mom and her boyfriend. I can't wait! It's always a good time. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.