Alywn, TT, Kettlebells, NROLW Checkin May 31 Sat

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

This morning I did Prevention's Walk Your Way Slim with Michelle Dozois. My HR hovered in the 80-85% of max range and I hopped on and off the Rebounder for parts to take impact off my feet. Workout was 46" and I burned 450 calories.

I also did Yoga to the Rescue for Back Pain. This DVD went back in with the DVDs I'm not sure I'm keeping. I really don't care for it too much. It has a lot of backbends and back strenghtening moves in it.

I'm feeling pretty grateful for my health today. Yesterday at work, I found out my one coworker is undergoing chemo for breast cancer and my other coworker has Lupus and just got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and a mini stroke.

Have great days ladies. I have an eye appointment this morning and then I'm going to enjoy my Saturday since I'm not working Saturdays just yet. After I'm trained fully at work, I'll be working 6 days a week every other week.

G' mornin' lora and all who follow,

yea, it's saturday!!! so did anyone see sex in the city yet? if so how was it? i think we are going to go check it out this evening. i am a huuuuuuuge fan:p

lora- that is sad re: your co-workers. it does make you want to count your blessings.

shirl- glad you enjoyed the KB way. do you have providence? if so, do you think KB way is different enough from it to warrant purchase??

jen- alicia keys was soooooooooooooo awesome last night!! we really enjoyed ourselves.

today i am going to a spin class. haven't been to one in such a long time i am looking forward to it.

i hope everyone has an awesome day:7

Good Morning Lora, Sunny, and all who follow ~

Lora, I know what you mean about being grateful for your health. I had a form of ovarian cancer eight years ago. I was fortunate that it was a slow growing type, something they call a borderline tumor, and it was cured with surgery. They did a complete hysterctomy and biopsied everything around it which checked out clean. But I see an oncologist instead of a gyno, just to keep up on it. I was 28 at the time, and I haven't taken my health for granted one day since.

Sunny, so glad you enjoyed the concert! I haven't seen Sex and the City yet, but have plans to see it with my girlfriend on Friday. I've only seen the show a few times, but I'm so looking forward to the movie.

Well, the scale shows no loss today. :-( It's a little discouraging because I've been doing everything right! BUT, my body fat percentage is down according to the same scale. I know those are not reliable for determining body fat, but it has been holding steady at the same number for a long time, and now, these past two weeks have shown that number go down, so that's a trend I like. I'll take it for today and hope I see the number go down after another week.

Don't know if I'm working out today or taking a rest day and doing the workout tomorrow. I have a few things I have to do out of the house this morning, and though I'll have time later today to workout, the likelihood is I won't want to...I don't know, I'll report back later.

Have a great day everyone ~

Jen

Good Saturday morning Lora, Sunny, Jen and the rest of you . . .

Lora - I like walking workout on my TM - just use the incline to keep my HR up. Sounds like yours was up there just fine ! So sorry to hear about your co-workers - had two pass away within two months a couple years ago and it was devastating. One was a very good friend of mine. Like many of us here, I DO NOT take a day in my life for granted and am working so hard to enjoy life:D Just ask my dust bunnies}(

Sunny - Glad your concert was a good one. Have a couple to go to at a local winery here that is absolutely beautiful - up on a hill with nice breeze and a view of the city at night. We're seeing Styx and Doobies in July. Wanted to see Steely Dan but got too much going on that day - am thinking of taking a road trip to see them somewhere later. Not a huuuuuuuuuge fan of Sex and the City & am sure I cannot get DH to go, soooooo I will just rent it when it comes out and watch while on my TM:p Enjoy your spinning class - that's something I've never done since I'm not a member of a gym.

Jen - So happy to hear your health is great after that scare. Don't worry about the scale, maybe just a little plateau after you have been such a good girl:p And whether the BF % is absolutely correct or not, I always look at consistency as a good thing. I have dropped a couple lbs but my measurements have not changed? I do see a difference in my BF though and the pants were actually loose on the upper thigh and rear yesterday so I'm a happy camper - join me with that will ya?:7

Ended up taking my rest day for the week yesterday so will have my last NROLW Stage 1 Workout B today. Will report back later.

Also just watched the Turbo Jam commercial and decided to order their current "Special" package, Maximum Results. They sound like something fun - am thinking about a little cardio after my weight workouts here and there. And Wendy, while I was there I ordered the B-Lines bands}( The website says it has bands for 15 - 30#s. Does that mean one is 5, one is 10 and one is 15 in resistance? Thanks for that suggestion - looks like a nice set - my current "cheapy" one has one set of handles but they are not very comfortable.

So I'll be TJing soon since I get Express shipping :D

TTFN

Back to report my workout:

Deadlifts: 3-8's/60#
DB Shoulder Press: 3-8's/20#
DB Pullover: 3-8's/15#
Lunges: 3-8's/20#
Swiss Ball Crunch: 3-15's w20# DB (Chop)

Good workout. Now to get back to the good eats after two bad eats daysx(

HI Ladies:)

Sounds like everyone is having a good saturday so far! I got up super early and we ended up going for our run around 10 ish. I did another 9 miles and I am surprised that DS sits there for so long! He started taking his sunglasses off and throwing them away, then he tried taking his hat off but that didn't workout for him:) LOL
This afternoon I picked up some groceries, got a little nap in and I think DH and I are going out for supper tonight. Should be nice.

Lora** If you don't have your health you really don't have anything, do you? My inlaws family have been struck with cancer a few times. Right now DH's uncle is fitting cancer. Actually, he as been at it 4 yrs now. Had it in the liver first, then it came back, now its spread to a few parts of his body. I really don't know if there is much hope for him, he seems to be fighting a losing battle! But he is so full of life and loves to travel, i really don't know what will happen to his wife if he dies, they are only in their early 50's.

Sunny** Let us know how the movie was! I love sex and the city but I didn't even start watching it till it was over! How weird is that?

Jen** Try not to let the scale bother you...I know...easier said then done;) When i use to be following ww's I wouldn't drop any weight for one week and the next week lose 5 lbs.

Jacque** Ive been tempted to order those workouts as well, they looks like so much fun. Im not a huge kickboxing fan though...probably wouldn't workout to well! haha!

Yesterday I did P90X arms with intentions of getting some cardio in later but that never happened, I was just to tired! I have had a few nights of broken sleep and I am getting tired of it and it is alllll job related. One min I think I have my mind made up and then something else happens...and it keeps going like that.I think I am still back to my original plan, asking my boss for a raise and staying where i am.

Have a good saturday everyone!
Lori:)

Good afternoon everyone ~

Well, I ran my errands, which involved getting an oil change that turned into also getting my transmission fluid flushed and my brakes inspected for a generous $225.00 I wasn't planning on spending x( But the car is five years old and I've never had that done before (the transmission fluid, not the oil) so I figured I might as well. And of course, the rear brakes need to be replaced which is going to cost me at least another $225, but may go as high as $500+ if they take off the old brakes and find they also need to replace the emergency brake shoes x( x( . So that's that.

Needless to say, I needed my cardio after that (which took three hours, by the way...it was supposed to just be an oil change!!), and so I came home and did my WSFL cardio on the tread.

Great workouts, ladies!

Jacque, those workouts sound fun! You'll have to keep us posted. (Not that I need any more enabling :+ )

Lori, it's so hard when these life decisions come up. I'm sending you good decision making vibes and wishes for a restful night's sleep.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.