Alywn,TT,Kettlebellers,P90X..etc....SUN

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:)

I could have stayed in bed a little longer today, without a doubt! I was sooo sleepy but I am up to get a couple miles punched before I go to work. Im not sure how far i will run. Its almost 6 and I like being off the TM by 7 so it may only be a 4-5 mile run.

Wendy** Enjoy your long run today!

Jen** Good job on saving some $ yesterday! I went to the gorcery store yesterday when i was suppose to be working:rolleyes:! LOL I did add up what i was throwing in my cart and it came to over $200....and Im not sure how long that will last us. Oh well.....

Jacque** I checked out the runners world site but I didn't get a GOOD chance to look. Prehaps I will do that today. Im thinking its going to be a quiet day at work so I should be able to.

Autumn** How far along are you? I hate that icky feeling! DH is trying to get me to have #3 but Im not so sure. Our lives are crazy enough, I can't imagine throwing another baby in to the mix...plus I love all the running I am doing now and getting pregnant is going to play havic on that:confused:

BBL to report my workout! Im sure it won't be anything more interesting then a run!

Lori:)

Good Morning.

Lori: ITA about staying in bed. I woke up when DH got up around 6:30 to help DS use the potty. I could have rolled back over for sure but I have to run this morning. I should be out there ALREADY but I've barely finished my coffee/breakfast! YIKES! Hope it's an easy day at work for you. How many miles were you able to log this morning? There's already talk of baby #3, huh? ;)

Well I know I have personals from y'day to catch up on still but if I don't get my arse in gear SOON, I'll never get outside for my run this morning!

I'll catch up later on, I promise!:)

Toodles!

Wendy** The weather isn't helping today either, its another wet day so its easier to stay in bed. I enjoyed getting up early in the summer monthes b/c the sun would be up when I woke but now its still dark:(
As for the baby business, Im not sure what he is thinking:confused:My face exactly! LOL I was asking him for a while if he wanted anymore b/c I was on the fence, but he never gave me a straight answer. Now that I have decided that Im leaning towards NOT having anymore, he wants another one. If we could afford for me to stay home or even work part-time then I would really consider it but Im not sure it will be wise in the $ dept! I think the reason he is feeling this way is b/c his sister just moved home and she as a 5 yr old and a 3 1/2 yr old and they are always playing together, I think he wants DS to have someone to play with....HEY! I can find him a friend!:eek:

I did BM abs and a 4.23 mile run, in 40 mins. Whats up with the time on the TM anyway? Ourside I run a 8 min mile but according to my TM I only do 6 miles in an hour but seem to be running alot faster. I don't think I should really pay attention to the distance on the TM, just the time?

Good morning ladies !

Up and about - my "plan" is a 30 min CC and then a 60 min SS. (Want to get an episode of 24 in there). :D Hoping it will help with the soreness.

I have a sore LB from B & G yesterday - hate it when the DOMS make it hard to get down to and up from the toilet ! :eek:

Am also planning on starting the 4DS / CTX rotations starting tomorrow, but do have to babysit my grandson Thurs - Sat. Ordered 2 KB DVD's so crossing fingers I get one of them by Thurs. Then I can do KB workouts when I'm at DS's apt.

Lori - for me the TM times/miles are pretty even to my outdoor runs, but it is very possible your TM isn't calibrated correctly. I loved having #3, but then mine were all close together and I was very very fortunate to be able to be a SAHM. It's a tough, especially when you feel like you have other things that weigh into your decision. Have a great day at work.

Wendy - hope your run went well. I ordered the Goddess and then Amazon had From Russia with Tough Love for only $23 so I picked it up also. Should be a good variety from what I can tell. Thanks for the ideas !;)

BBL to see how things are going with everyone.

Last edited:
Good Morning Folks.

My 9 miler is in the bag. It was a pretty nice day for it despite some strong sunshine. No humidity though and lotsa shade to make up for it. :) I ran it in under 95 minutes which is great for a training run. With the exception of my first mile which was over 11 mins(warming up!), I kept it at 10:48 or less for every subsequent mile. That's great for a training run for me. I'm not complainin'!;)

So we went out y'day evening and bought DS his first "big boy bed". We got him a Cars toddler bed. DH put it together last night so he slept in it right away. He LOVES it! My little baby boy is growing up. First potty training and now this...I don't know how much more my heart can take!:(

Lori: I feel your pain on the more kids question. DH wants #2 for sure and I go back and forth between yes and no quite often. I was even at a definate no for a long time and then suddently decided I wanted another baby after all so who the hell knows what the final decision will be at this point! LOL I did tell him, however, that IF we decide to have another, it will not be until after I complete a full marathon-should I decide to really go for it. My plan is to do one at the end of March 09 so after that we could potentially start trying depending upon how well behaved DS is at that point! LOL

Jen: WOW you saved a LOT of money there girl!!! Good for you! When DH and I first got married and bought our house I was using coupons and shopping sales and was able to keep our grocery bills to $60 a week on average. After a while though the coupons started to irrate the crap outta me (LOL) and the DS came along and now I'm much bigger into clean eating then I used to be. The inflated cost of food doesn't help either! All of that combined caused the grocery bill to grow...and grow...and...well, you get the picture! I spend DOUBLE what I used to these days and sometimes MORE!:eek:

Jacque: Oh I sooo hope you enjoy the bells! I really like the Goddess work out. You'll have to let me know how the other one is. Have fun babysitting your DS this week. So how will you be working a 4DS/CTX rotation? Will you be doing each series on alternating weeks?? So you are aiming for 90 mins straight of cardio today? Cool, then you will have gotten in as much as I did today. Misery loves company you know! LOL

Well, I guess that's all for now but I'll be back!

Well back to report that I didn't make it for 90 minutes. Did well with CC#2, about 33 minutes without the cool down, then started my SS run and by about 40 minutes total my hips started hurting - reminded me of the 10K I ran. That took me 3 days before I could do anything so today I just stopped after 45 min so only 12 min SS.

Oh well, the hip pain was real pain, not just soreness - it may have come from DOMS yesterday coupled with the hills in CC this AM. Tomorrow is another day.

Wendy - my plan is to do the 4DS / CTX alternate weeks like you mentioned. On the 4DS week I'll do one CC and one KB workout to = 6 days. On the CTX week I'm not sure yet - think I'll check out the UB split and perhaps add UB to a couple of the more workouts so I end up hitting all body parts in 4 days (similar to 4DS) and the do the CC and KB on the remaining 2 days. Basically setting up 4 day splits but using two sets of DVD's for a variety and different training mix.

Until later . . .

ETA - great run Wendy - that is a good time for such a long run ! (That's about as fast as I ever run unless going under a mile !)

Last edited:
Wendy** Its a hard descision to make, isn't it? I definitly want to do the 20K race I signed up for in Oct, so DH is going to have to wait a while. PLUS I would like to be able to do the that 10 mile race I did 3 weeks ago,next summer:rolleyes:LOL Seems like there is no right time to get pregnant! haha! Ive been thinking about it today though and when I was pregnant with DS I did NOTHING and b/c of it, gained 50 lbs. Im not doing that again:mad:Im going to do cardio for atleast 30 mins and still work weights. I don't know why I was so afraid to workout the last time. My doc told me I could do whatever I was use to doing before but I didn't want to hurt the baby.
Good job with your run. Im not sure what time I am going to aim for in Oct, its 20 k if I can do it 1hr 40 mins, Id be happy, thats a 5 mins Km.

Jacque** Yeah there are lots of things that come into play, being a SAHM would certainly help! Good job with the workout today!

Did anyone see the womens Marathon running last night! Yowza! 26 miles in 2hrs and 27 mins? These women are Crazy!!!!

Good adternoon ladies!!

Just got back from a family trip to the golf course where I didn't get to play much. I ended up watching DS and BF play while I drove along with DS. The course just started to get too busy and our play would have been too slow. It was still fun though.

Sounds like everyone got in great workouts today! I haven't done one yet, but I'll likely get in some cardio later when BF leaves to have dinner with this kids. I'm a cardio lightweight, though, compared to all of you! 90 minutes? Nine miles? Uh...I think not. Maybe I'll go extra long today and go all the way to 45 minute :p

Lori, I watched that marathon in its entirety last night. It was absoutely mesmerizing. What incredible endurance! And then Michael Phelps was amazing! Very exciting night.

Reading all your baby chatter sure takes me back. I'm relieved to not be able to join in ;), but I remember all too well and know exactly what you girls are going through.

Wendy, glad to hear you had a great run this morning! I use to do the coupon thing when I was home with my son. But after my daughter was born I just didn't have the time or patience to do it anymore. Lately though, with costs rising in everything, I decided to challenge myself and see how much I can get for my dollar! Because unfortunately, my paycheck isn't increasing any time soon.

Jacque, you did the right thing scrapping the 90 minute session. You certainly don't want to be down and out with you new KB workouts on the way!

BBL to report my workout~

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.