Alywn-ites, TT'ers, Tony-ites- Come on in it's Thursday!!

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Well gang i didn't get a chance to workout yesterday. had some unexpected errands i had to run. It's ok because i didn't take a rest day all of last week and was due one. So this morning i am hopping on the TM to do my AB (intervals) cardio.

shirl- i too find this check-in and all of you ladies to be very inspiring!!!

I will BBL...

Have an awesome afterburnin', turbulence training, warp speedin', X'ing, day:7 :7

Sunny- Ok, the rests are important. Are you doing an iTread or intervals prescribed by Alwyn or your self? Anyway, good luck!

Someone here asked if I took a week off between stage 1 & 2. No I did not because the rests come when life gets busy & hectic. It seems to work out fine.

Today I was planning a steady state run, However, I may do a Kick boxing workout to change things up. I only ran on Tue & Wed, but yesterdays was top effort and then some. I'll decide when I get down stairs.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

RE: Alywn-ites, TT'ers, Tony-ites- Come on in it's Thur...

Good Morning Sunny, Judy and all who follow. :)

Sunny: Have fun with HIIT today!}(

Judy: I think changing it up today is a good idea. Which kickboxing work out will you/did you do?

I have HIIT on tap for today. I will do it on the EXT. I am planning on following that up with a 20 minute Itread. I am going away for the weekend so I know the eating plan will go out the window. I am attempting to "make room" for all the extra cals I'll be consuming between the alcohol and the food!:9 I plan to run the boards on saturday as well. I will bring my garmin and do my own intervals so hopefully that will help too. Sunday is my rest day.

Man, my upper body is sore from y'day's work out. I think it's the rows that got me! Seated rows to the neck. I am using the green B-line band. I wrap it around a loaded barbell and put my feet on it to keep it from moving when I do the exercise. I have a door attachment but have been too lazy to try it out as of yet. Not sure it will be secure at the bottom of the door but one of these days I will try it.

BBL!

This morning I did the cardio intervals from Abs Diet 2 and then the Cardio Crazy and Cardio Interval portions from Medicine Ball Madness. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 578 calories.

Back to work today. I'm nervous about it all over again.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Gang:)

Oh...I have some major DOMS from yesterdays workout! Those pull ups got me good!:)I also forgot to mention that I ran yesterday evening on the TM. I got tired of waiting for DS to wake up so I aimed for 3 miles but got in 5 before he woke. He had quit the nap yesterday!
I had a relaxing night at work last night. I didn't really do anything:) a friend of mine who also works at the airport came by for a visit and we had a nice chat.
I have a meeting this afternoon with my neighbour about the job offer so I am excited about that and as a result couldn't sleep much but of course I feel pumped b/c I am excited:)
Also weighed again today, 122.8:) Thats almost 4 lbs since Mon:) Pretty sure the scale will slow down now. I just gave up picking and especially at night!

Hope everyone enjoys their workouts today! Everyone seems to be doing really well!
I did read everyones post but I have forgotten what you wrote}( My memory isn't very good these days!:eek: Seriously!
Lori:)

Good morning, all!

So Happy It's Thursday.

My daughter is sick again today with something new. I made her go to school anyway, but my stress levels are through the roof. The doctor's appointment the other day revealed that she was seriously dehydrated. I couldn't believe it! The poor kid had suffered with headaches, nausea, dizziness for a week, and ultimately ended up with fever and vomiting which is what brought us to the doc finally. Fortunately, she was able to rehydrate orally, and it made her start to feel much better. Then last night she started with a cold and woke up feeling miserable. :-( Poor kid, just what she needs, right? Crappy luck.

Anyway, I did my WSFL cardio this morning, 45 minutes. Half intervals, half steady state, and it felt pretty good. Eating has been PERFECT. Can't believe that. I had some temptation last night a little, I was craving something sweet, but I didn't cave. Hope the scale shows another loss this week. :7

I came across this 40 minute interview of Alwyn last night in which he talked about WSFL. It's somewhere on the web in MP3 format. Anyway, I sat down to listen to it after work, and I was so tired already (it was about 7 p.m.), that Alwyn, in his lovely Scottish accent lulled me right to sleep. So I can't tell you how the interview was! But I can tell you he has a nice voice ;-)

Sunny, enjoy your rest day! You deserve it.

Judy, awesome intervals yesterday! Have fun with KB today.

Wendy, good planning for the weekend! You gotta live it up in A/C, that's for sure!

Lora, wow, great workout. Don't worry, you'll fall right back into the routine.

Lori, congrats on the weight loss! You're already at my goal weight.

Hello to all who follow!

Jen

Back from the gym.

I did my intervals on the EXT:

W/U: 5 mins starting out slow at low resistance and increasing gradually.

High interval @ 1 minute: resistance level 14 as fast as I could
Low interval @ 2 minutes: resistance level 5 at moderate pace

I did the same thing for all 3 intervals this time since 14 is a tough resistance level for me. I think going any higher right now would slow my speed down too much to make it worth it.

C/D: 5 mins gradually decreasing resistance and speed.

*and*

ITread 3/20: Only got in 15 of the 20 mins though as I got paged for a poopy diaper. :7

I plan to do the Awaken The Body stretch at nap time. It's gonna feel great!:)

BBL!

Quick check in with my workout - Bosu Blast minus the core. I plan on doing that tomorrow. I teach TK this afternoon. I have a few appts. today. I'll check in later.

Congratulations ladies for doing so well! :) Keep it up! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

another quick workout post.

Body max 2: 63 minute cardio premix on the BOSU. This was a great challenge in a different way.

gotta get in the shower, Ta Ta !

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

I really love doing the BMax2 cardio premix and Cardio Fusion with the BOSU. Actually I use the BOSU for several of my step workouts. It's so FUN!

Ok, I'm out the door.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Just back from my run (did 9 miles again) and heading for my interview!
Just wanted to say that I love this bunch! Everyone is doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing and doing so well! So motivating!

Hola Chic-a-dees.

I'm back for personals before doing Awaken The Body. :)

Lora: Nice calorie burn this morning. How was work? Still nervous?

Lori: How does an itty bitty thing like you lose almost 4 pounds in a week!? Pull ups always give me great back DOMS. It hurts to lay on my side when I have it. Love that!}( Good job logging the miles while DS slept. Can't wait to hear how the job interview went!

Jen: OMG I feel so bad for your poor daughter. So what happened? Did her original symptoms develop into fever which caused the dehydration or was the dehyration the cause of the original symptoms and then the fever developed from there? And now a cold!? ACK! Poor thing is right! :-( When I was a teenager I was home from school with a raging fever. A couple days into it I got up extra early one morning (before my mom went to work) because I felt so terrible I couldn't sleep anymore. I came down to the kitchen and she gave me the thermometer to take my temp. I sat down at the kitchen table and put the thermometer in my mouth. All of the sudden I just *KNEW* something was terribly wrong (thank goodness!) so I took the thermometer out of my mouth and just in time because I immediately passed out. When I woke up I was on the floor and my mom was next to me. I had passed out and fallen off the chair with the thermometer in my hand. My mom said I started convulsing. This only lasted a brief period of time (a minute of two at most) before I came out of it. I was drenched in a cold sweat and out of it but felt much better. My mom called the doc and he said it was dehydration from the high fever. I was force fed potato chips (for the salt) and gatorade for the rest of the day and had to continue to drink gatorade until the fever was gone for good. I hated gatorade for YEARS after that one! :p (Sorry this was so long winded!)

Hello to everyone else!

I'll be back later!:)

Hi Wendy!

That was actually what the doctor prescribed for my daughter...chips/pretzels and gatorade. She's sick of it,too. THANK GOD she didn't pass out and have convulsions! I'd totally freak. It's funny you should mention that though, because I was just thinking of that possibility this morning. Wow, you're mom must have been so scared for you. Anyway, what happened was that she was sick last Monday with a stomach bug, which probably started the dehydration. Then, because she wasn't feeling well, she was afraid to put anything into her stomach, including fluids. That made the dehydration worse. And what's a symptom of dehydration? Nausea. So the less she drank, the worse she felt, and it created this viscious cycle until finally she was so sick we had to see the doctor. But the fever was actually a result of the dehydration. That was totally unexpected. I really figured she must have some sort of virus or something which caused the fever. I'm glad I didn't wait to bring her in. Unfortunately, I got a call from the school nurse about an hour ago saying she was pretty sick again and that she needed to go home and rest. Fortunately, her dad was able to pick her up today.

Enjoy Awaken the Body. With the stress I'm feeling today, I think I'd really enjoy that myself!

TTYL~

Jen

Sunny – agree that sometimes “forced” rest days happen. (Like Judy said). We are all dedicated enough that the unplanned time off doesn’t really affect us. Just like anything else, we adjust and move on.

Judy – changing it up is very good for us. Had a blast last weekend doing Rythmic Step and I think it kinda jump started me. Body Max 2 is another I may try again soon. With the NROLW and running I am getting the “itch” to do something a little different very soon.

Wendy – Sounds like you are in for a really fun weekend. Such a good idea to add the extra exercise ahead of time ! Your seated rows makes me LOL as I attached my bands to my TM to “stabilize” them. Unfortunately last week one of the three that I was using broke so don’t have enough tension anymore and have been doing bent over rows. Need to replace my bands.

Lora – sounds like an interesting set of workouts you did today. Hope work goes well after your vacation.

Lori – Yeah DOMS. Pullups are very hard for me and I think the struggle itself to do just one give me DOMS. Glad you had a nice day at work and hope the new prospect will pan out since you are so excited. Great that the weight has stayed off, especially with just a minor adjustment on your part ! Woo hoo – 9 mile run ! My leggies haven’t wanted to run very far lately. But you are motivating me to do a long one again soon – possibly this weekend which should be a little less hectic for me.

Jen – Wow, your poor DD. That whole scenario is a lesson learned for me – not wanting to put anything in a bad stomach is such a natural thing that you don’t think about what might happen later. Probably wore her system down so she ended up with the cold. Lots of fluids and rest on her plate now, huh? Good for you on your workouts and especially resisting the temptations. That is the hardest part for me since the holidays last year. Think with this board and just being tired of working so hard and not losing that I am finally hunkering down too !

Shirl – I just love this board too – this checkin is really helping me this time around. Bosu is one of the things I haven’t tried yet. Saw a Bosu ball on sale a while ago and am kicking myself for not picking it up for another day. Will keep an eye out for the future.

Did a measly 3 miles on the TM this morning. Wanted to do 5 but I just couldn’t pull it off. I did attempt to do a “baby version” of Judy’s awesome run yesterday and hit 8 for a minute but just about died ! Dragged from there through the remainder of my run. Oh well, maybe someday . . . <sigh>.

TTFN – have a great day ladies !

Hey Crew:)

What a hectic day! I had my meeting and it went well. I contemplated leaving my old job for the new but then my boss called, asking me to stay (I gave him the heads up that I had another job offer) and he asked me what I wanted? More money? Blah...blah...I told him that I really didn't know what I wanted b/c I was approached and didn't go looking for it.
DH wants me to take it b/c it makes his life easier but what about if it makes my life miserable? What about if I hate the new place? Atleast I know I can get a raise here and I still like it. My gut is telling me to stay but my hubby is telling me to go:eek: Im going to take a day or two to think about it. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the other guy comes back and offers me more money...I am in high demand you know!;)

Lori - good for you to take some time to think about it. Very nice to be high in demand;)

Make sure that since you are actually in this position that you come away with something that benefits you - don't let anyone take advantage of you.

Would you have a hard time telling DH that you don't want the new job? Would he get upset or go with your decision?

Jen: Sorry your DD got sent home sick again. Glad her dad was able to give you a break and go get her. How is she feeling this morning? *KNOCK ON WOOD* I don't often get sick and when I do it's usually with a cold or a short lived fever. I used to get sick with a bad fever for 3-5 days ever year but once I quit smoking it stopped happening annually and now I just get bad like that once in a great while. When I was little and would get sick, my grandparents would come pick me up and take me back to thier house. My mom worked f/t and they were retired so more then happy to do it. I didn't mind either cause ya know how grandparents are. LOL I LOVED going there! My grandmother meant the world to me!:)

Jacque: I am using Beach Body's B-line bands for the rows. They are pretty tough. I can't see them breaking any time too soon. What bands are you using? I have never broken/snapped any tubing/band but one of the gals I train snapped my green dynaband on me one day. I was just glad she didn't get hurt.

Lori: Gotta do what's gonna make you happy girl! If you can support your family's needs on either job's income then do what you want to do. DH will just have to deal. :p

Alrighty chics. I gotta hit the bed now. Gotta be up and awake enough early tmrw morning to wield that kettlebell before DS gets up!}(

Good night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.