Alwyn, TT'er's, Kettlebellers, etc. Mon. Aug. 11th

irishrose

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone!

I've been absent a couple days and it looks like I've missed a few things, specifically some newcomers to our happy little group! Welcome to everyone whose decided to join!

Wendy, welcome back from the RT! Glad to hear you had a great time!

Autumn, so nice to have you join us! Congratulations on baby #3!!!

Jacque, thinking of Afterburn? Yes, it's typical Alwyn in the sense that most exercises are comound moves. He changes the rep scheme up with each stage it seems. Cardio is HIIT at least three times a week. I find it very challenging, but love it, as you know.

Lora, sorry to hear about your headache. I sympathize. I've been fighting something myself :mad:

So, I'm not really sure what I'm doing about a workout today. In fact, I haven't done one since Friday :eek: Don't know what's going on, but I've had a headache since Saturday, have been fighting a little nausea, and did something to my back that's causing me some pain! No idea what, but I'm kind of afraid to pick up the weights just yet and make it worse. Today might just me one more day off before starting week nine. It hurts to even breathe right now. I've got to decide within the next ten minutes though. Will report back in once I get to work!

BBS!~

Jen

This morning I did Valerie Waters Action Hero Weighted Circuit. Those mountain climbers with valslide and hands on med ball were difficult. Tunes were Papa Roach's Paramour Sessions. Workout was 70" and I burned 460 calories.

I just preordered Buckcherry's new CD, Black Butterfly due out Sept 23rd. Can't wait!

Have a great Monday everyone.

Jen - so sorry to hear about your back and head. I, also, suffer from severe upper back and neck problems. I can sympathize. I hope you feel better soon. I used my foam roller last night to try to get rid of some of my trap and neck spasms that I think are contributing to my headaches. Certain exercises make my traps and upper back, leveator scapulae area to spasm like the cement!

Good Morning Jen, Lora and all who follow.

Jen: Thanks re the rt. After all of the misery I was in leading up to it, overall I think the RT was AWESOME! It's a weekend you have to be prepared to be EXHAUSTED during but if you can handle that then it's definately worth it! LOL Sorry about all of your ailments the past couple of days. How awful for you. I hope everything subsides as the day wears on so that you can do a work out tmrw.

Lora: I don't think I've recognized a band name that you've mentioned yet! Obviously I am not big into music. LOL Hope you enjoy the pre-ordered CD when it comes out. Have a good day.

Well I know I said I will be resting today but now I'm not so sure. I can't do lower body or cardio as my calves are screaming at me (LOL) but I am considering upper body. I am also though, considering a recovery week from 4DS so I may do something I consider a lighter weight work out if I DO opt to do one today. I'll play it by ear though.

I used to own IMAX3 but sold it several months ago when I was cleaning out my work out collection cause I only used it a couple of times. Well, after getting into HIIT with Alwyn and doing IMAX 2 a few times, I suddenly was wishing I had IMAX3 back. I must be a masochist! LOL So guess what? I bought it while I was on the RT! This means I actually have to DO IT one of these days! :eek: I don't think it will be THIS week but please....if I don't do it by sometime NEXT week, get on my butt and tell me I HAVE to do it or else! LOL Thanks. ;)

Jacque: Oh I would love to meet you. Would be great if we ended up going on a future R/T together. Definately something you should consider. It was alot of fun. :)

Well, I guess that about wraps it up for me...I'll be back later though!:D

Thanks for your sympathies, girls. I actually got my rear in gear and did a 40 minute cardio session this morning, half HIIT and the other steady state. It relieved my headache for about a half hour post workout, but then it returned for no good reason :( I'll be popping the ibuprofen today.

Lora, I do wonder if the headache and back pain are related. I had a very busy weekend, plus I stayed at my mother's to dog sit, which meant sleeping in her very uncomfortable bed. I think the combo put me all out of sorts and now I'm paying for it.

Wendy, not sure I could handle a RT :confused: Part of the reason I work out at home is because I'm too self conscious and shy to work out at a gym. But you've made it sound like fun and maybe I'll have to set it as a future goal. I'll tell you one thing for sure though...if our check in group was all going to make it to one, I'd be there in a second. I'd feel pretty good havin' all you peeps there with me. Will definitely "encourage" you to do IMAX 3 if you still need it next week. ;)

All right, time to get some work done.

Hello to all who follow ~

Jen

Last edited:
Jen: Nobody cared how anyone else in the classes did. The energy was AMAZING! It was so much fun to take the live classes. I thought I would skip one on saturday. I couldn't do it. I HAD to take them all even though I was soooo tired. The only thing I DID do was beat feet out of the early morning Sunday class a few minutes early to get a jump on taking a shower so I could home CLEAN. LOL I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the RT or not but for the most part, I had a blast! If you have a group of cool Catheites to hang with then you are golden. I was hangin' with the 2 girls from one of the other check ins I post in. We had a lot of fun together.

Hi ladies !

Checking in before you all disappear today. :p

Was way too tired to workout this AM - not sure why, but if I can sleep while DH is getting ready for work (even had a dream) then I know the extra rest is a good thing. Will do something when I get home but not sure what yet. Cut my finger pretty badly this weekend so cannot bend it. Don't think a weight workout is in the mix today.

So I was looking at KB workouts - they are quite expensive if you go with AOS. I did see an AOS package deal with a Fat Loss workout and another as a combo for $60. Anyone heard of it or done it yet?

Or has anyone found any cheaper than $50 that are intermediate to advanced?

TIA - back later for personals - need to get some work done first.

Jacque: Kettlebell your way to a perfect body was $40 when I bought it but it wasn't going to stay that price forever. I have kettlebell goddess and keith webbers extreme cardio that were both about $30 a piece. Check out dragondoor.com for them. HTH!

Jacque, fatigue is going around today. I was talking to my sister this morning about how tired we are...she's so tired she can't get out of her own way, and I'm so tired I can't find my way out of a paper bag! Now that's tired ;) Anyway, hope you're able to perk up through the day and feel better later on. Sorry to hear about your finger! Ouchies! Take care of it so you're back to your workouts ASAP.

Wow, I didn't know the kettlebell workouts were so pricey. Good luck finding a deal.

Wendy, I meant to tell you that I passed a kettlebell gym when I was in New York. There were about 10 guys in there (it was tiny) all swingin' their bells around. Do you have anything like that near you? First one I ever saw.

Jen

Jen: Nope, don't know of a kb gym in my area. Perhaps they are in NJ but I don't know about them...yet anyway! LOL

Sorry everyone is so tired. I'm part of that group though. I'm still in a fog myself. I'm definately working out today. Nothing too difficult but I need to wake the body up for bowling tonight.

Alrighty...time to move it...BBL!

Thanks for the DVD's titles Wendy. We'll see what I can afford to get started. (Just paid for our season tix to the Sharks games - will be selling about half of them so I'll just use some of that !:p).

Jen - this is the second time in a few weeks where I didn't workout a few days in a row - am wondering if that is part of it. I am feeling OK at this point and only a few hours left at work. Pretty sure I'll do something, just not sure what yet.

Later ladies !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.