Alwyn, TT, Kettlebell'ers- Wednesday June 4th

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Day 3 of WSFL. Workout was 55" and I burned 376 calories. Not a very high calorie burn today. Still not into this program and I've been dreading the workouts. Not sure if I'll be able to continue at this rate.

Running a bit late for work again.......so I best go.

Hi Friends-

Lora- I am sorry there is a big dread factor with WSFL. At least it is only a month. One of the positives with NROL4W is that is changes up before I get bored. It is getting progressively more challenging though.

Yesterday was golf and no time workout afterward. I got into closet cleaning and that was it.

Today is the last workout in stage 2 with intervals at the end. I will begin stage 3 on Friday.

Sunny- have a fun rest day.

DS, my youngest is 15 today! He has a final exam ~ his hardest one and he has to study for one more tomorrow. But in between we will celebrate with a dinner of his choice and his favorite ice cream cake.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good Morning:)

I had a great sleep last night, I always do after working day shifts and getting up supper early to workout! DS is just starting to wake up and he likes to play in his crib for a little bit in the morning, which gives me some time with my coffee and friends;) :)

Todays workout is P90X chest and back. Im not real fussy on it, if I have to be honest and Im glad its the last time I will have to do it for a little while! I like pushups and all...but that many? I also like weight work for chest work cause I think it gets in there good!}( GS Chest and back ALWAYS gives me DOMS. If the weather improves (like its suppose to) then DS and I will be going for a run this afternoon. Its suppose to be sunny and warm, right now its rainy;( Thats o.k cause I have a few things I need to do so working out in the afternoon is o.k with me (keeps me from picking at food as well! LOL)

Lora** Good job on getting your workut done! Some people think that A.M exercisers are nuts but you have to do what works for ya! If I had to put it off for in the evening, it wouldn't get done!

Sunny** Hope you have a good day today!

Judy** You snuck in on me...Im sooo glad Im not a teenager anymore! LOL I hated studying. I hope he does well with his exams.

Hello to everyone else! Im sure everyone as some good eats and workouts planned today!

Lori:)

Good Morning Folks.

Jacque: D@mn those infomercials!:p Enjoy your new toys!:) The Turbo Jams are loads of fun!:7 Yeah, now that you mention it, I DID talk about the B-line bands though I forgot I mentioned coaching at that point. So ya ordered them? That's cool. They ARE very good quality. I am sure you will like them. Just be warned...the heavy/thicker bands can be tricky to get the handles attached to. They will go but you have to pull on the band to make it thinner before you try to put the handle on. :)

Sunny: Enjoy your rest day!

Lora: Sorry the WSFL program is not fun for you. How do you feel about the diet part of it?

Judy: Happy Birthday to your DS! Stage 3 of NROL4W already!? WOW, time is flyin'! You are pretty far into it so I'm curious what kinds of results you have seen so far?

Lori: My DS is a crib player as well. Once in a while he wants out ASAP but most of the time he's perfectly content to hang out and play for quite some time. Gotta love that!:)

So today's work out is AB weight work out day #2. My thighs are on fire again. This time it's my quads. I am almost afraid to do more leg work today. Do you think my legs are being over-trained? I've had an enormous amount of DOMS since Friday.

Yesterday I did my TM hill intervals. I ended up having to do them a bit slower then the last time so I added a 4th interval on to make up for it but still only did the prescribed 19 min work out. I deducted the 4th interval time off my w/u and c/d. My TM issues are obviously still lingering and it's making me really mad! ACK! x(

BBL.

Good morning all!

Quick post to say that my workout is complete for the day. Weights (heavy), circuits, and treadmill. Fifty-ish minutes.

Hi Sunny, thanks for getting us started!

Lora, I encourage you to stick with it. There are some good things happening to my body right now. Without a doubt, it's a difficult program, but I think the results will be worth it. Strangely, the scale hasn't moved for me in a week now, but I'm fitting into all sorts of clothes I had previously sworn off.

Judy, I took my hiatus from NROL4W at the end of stage 3. I think we're on pace to start stage 4 together, because I plan on finishing that after WSFL. Loved the strength gains I got in just the first 3 stages.

Lori, I suspect part of your good night's sleep was due to the fact that you came to a resolution over the job? Hope the weather improves for you. We've got the rain right now. x(

Wendy, your legs might need some recovery. You really beat them up with the workouts you do. Rest is really important, as I'm sure you know. I wanted to ask, for future reference, how much is the Afterburn program? I wonder if it's at all similar to WSFL? And does it come with a diet?

Off to meetings soon, will be back later ~

Jen

Good Morning!

Sorry I've been MIA; I've limited my computer time. Workouts have been going well. Today is light cardio; I teach 2 classes this afternoon. I'm hoping to get some yoga in before bed. Sorry I'm not able to do personals today. But, you ladies ROCK! Keep up the great work. You're all very inspiring.! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Happy "Hump" day ladies !

Hey there Sunny - guess we'll TTYL:D

Lora - was your workout today weights only? That doesn't always burn more calories at the onset, but supposedly keeps burning them longer during the day and increases your metabolism. What do we need to help you with to get ya motivated?;)

Judy - a round of golf and closet cleaning sounds good to me! I always walked my rounds so felt I was getting exercise, plus, I was at least a bogie golfer so that was loads of swings:p Figured quite a good UB workout ! Enjoy the celebration today.

Lori - glad you got some good sleep since it is so important. Hope your 90X goes fast}( and then reminds you with DOMS later, LOL!

Wendy - LOL about the infomercials. I usually don't pay attention to them, but have seen so many using TJ that I thought, what the heck - I have to wait for STS for anything new and NROLW is a bit boring for me so went to town on my computer}( I am looking forward to getting the bands - thanks for the hint - will be babysitting my grandson this summer and they live in an upstairs apt so no "normal" workouts for me. Way to go on adjusting your TM workout to get in a good one !

Jen - good workout and glad to hear that you are seeing results from such a tough plan on the willpower side of things. Always nice to get back into clothes that you haven't worn for a while.

Shirl - good to "see" you again. I need to limit my computer time too but am finding it helpful for me to stick to my guns, or am I building them up? He he he ! Glad to see you are still getting your workouts in and teaching too.

Did my last AMRAP today so am done with Stage 2. Found that I had a hard time with the smaller muscles fatiguing during this one than the last. I could have gotten in quite a few more reps but my forearms or my hands would get tired, for the Swiss Ball crunches my neck began bothering me. Bummer, but lets me know that high reps isn't really in the cards for me with my aging bod! }( I am enjoying lifting pretty heavy for me and am looking forward to a 2 week hiatus from NROLW.

TTFN !

Hi :0
Wendy- It is funny Shelly asked the same question today. Basically DH thinks I look more muscular with smaller legs. The scale is the same. But DH is brutally honest. I have gone up in amount of weigh lifted and not done many endurance runs. But I am walking that golf course a few times per week(4-6 miles per round) I think I measured when I started, so I will have to look for those measurements and remeasure.

Jen- It will be nice if we are both on stage 4 (repeat of 2 with more sets) together.

Jacuqe- I am a bogie and worse sometimes! IA a golf swing when done right is a core burner!

I am going to have to get psyched up for the body Weight Matrix (end of 3A wo) on Friday!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

waaaaaaaaa, i don't wanna rest today:p however i've learned many years ago my body needs it's one day of rest.

judy- you are doing fab on this program. IA alwyn is a genuis!!

wendy- i would say it sounds like your legs need a definite rest. although i know how you love your DOMS}(

shirl- good to hear from you! you too are rockin' it:D

lora- so why aren't you enjoying WSFL is there a dread factor to the workouts? i hope you are able to muscle thru as i am very interested in hearing your results and thoughts on the program.

jen- i know you asked wendy however i will answer you re: afterburn. you can find the info at www.alwyncosgrove.com. i believe (i bought it over a year ago) it was $50 (something). it is similiar to WSFL in that it is 3 workouts a week plus HIIT. however there are huge differences in the workouts and the diet plan. in AB the diet plan gives you a sample day and ratios. WSFL lays all 28 days out for you broken down by your starting weight a definite plus if you can adhere to a nutrition program.

jacque- what are you going to do on your two week hiatus?

yesterday we hit a milestone my 2 yr old (soon to be 3) had his first no accidents in the underwear day, wooooohoooo! he also had his first swimming lesson although he's been in a pool on several occasions. my baby is growing up:-( :) :D :7

ttyl...:)

Hi Girls.

Okay, so I was seriously going to skip the lower body work in today's work out BUT by the time the afternoon rolled around my legs felt all but perfect. Only a TINY bit of DOMS so I decided to do the whole thing after all. }( I was fine. I think I made a good decision. I am thinking, however, that it's the kettlebell work out that threw my legs over the edge as it seemed to be heavily lower body based and after that work out is when the brutal DOMS kicked in. I will do another KB work out at the end of this week. If the same thing happens then I am going to stop subbing in KB work outs for the remainder of AB. I may, however, take a week once AB stage 1 is complete and do a few KB work outs and some endurance cardio/running for a change of pace before starting AB stage 2. It's that darned exercise ADD again! :p I am NOT, however, quitting AB. I am loving it but just may want a quick change of pace between the stages. :)

It was AB work out #2 today it took me about 75 minutes to complete from w/u to c/d. That's a time improvement from last time. The more time efficient I can make these work outs, the better. It's just a matter of practice since I'm not used to working from a book. :)

I'll be back in a bit for personals!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.