Alwyn, TT, Kettlebeller's & Tony- Tuesday 6/10

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning super ladies,

today i am doing AB stage 3 day 2 weights followed by HIIT. either on my bike or maybe try IMAX blast premix (thanks Wendy!!).

i will BBL for personals for sure!

have a great day and try to stay cool:)

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cardio WSFL on Day 9 (I think). I used the Rebounder for the intervals and did high knee, fast running and got my HR up to 164. Then for the 20 minute segement, I did Tracey's Strike Zone. Wow...did I love this workout. It kicked my butt. My kind of kickboxing. Got my HR up. Josef is a true inspiration. Workout was 54" and I burned 503 calories.

I don't know about this WSFL program. I can't follow the diet, as I'm a vegetarian.....and this might make your metabolism a blast furnace....but it seems along with that comes my hefty appetite. I'm starving constantly and have been eating more than usual. I've had this problem before with these types of workouts. Not sure where my weight is right now, as I'm bloated from taking a pain medication that I needed to take for a week after I got home from Vegas. The bloating should go down in a week.

Have great workouts everyone. Re: Body Bot - I can't get a new computer. I just started working again after being unemployed for a year or so. I was bumped out of my job in a hospital back in 06 and couldn't find a job until recently. So a computer is out of the question, as money's been tight. I still haven't heard from them about my refund? Should I be worried? I don't want to pay for it. I guess I could always do a credit card dispute with my CC company if I don't hear from Body Bot.

Good Morning Gang!:)

Well...I woke up to the beautiful smell of dog crap today:D Can't you tell I was super excited about it? LOL I should have known that was gonna happen b/c when I took the big dog for a walk yesterday he had the runs so it just continued on my floor in the wee hours of the morning! Ugh...I thought i was gonna throw up! So gross...especially first thing in the morning!

Yesterdays workout was the Gaulant. I really enjoyed it but my energy wasn't in full bloom. Prehaps b/c of all the running and the fact that I had worked 3 night shifts. I did it, non the less, and then headed out for a walk with the baby and the dog. Came back, made dinner, then headed out with the other dog and the baby again!
We have baby group in the a.m and hopefully a run in the afternoon. Its suppose to rain but I haven't checked the forecast yet.

Sunny** Enjoy your workout! Sounds like a good one!

Lora** Sometimes when I try to follow a program it doesn't work for me. I end up eating more b/c i am concentrating on the fact of what I shouldn't be eating. Hopefully you will find out what works for you!

I am having a hard time checking out on VS.Com. I want to order this dress for a wedding but duty and taxes are killing me! Not to mention that I keep filling my cart up with other things and it always ends up being over $300! LOL I keep telling myself that DH is going on a trip in July that cost $1400, and I have almost spent $350 on myself in clothes lately...but I can't spend more right? I mean thats not even near the $1400 mark;)

Anyway...here is the dress...whatya think? In black.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...P-193557&page=2&cgname=OSCLODRSVIL&rfnbr=2667

Lori
:)

Morning Girlies. ;)

Today's work out is AB weight work #2. This is the longer, harder work out. BLAH! :7 I have to work this morning so it will get done at nap time.

I need to do something about my calorie intake. My ratios are on spot but my cals are too high. They are not over the top but very close to or at maintainence range instead of at a deficit. GRRR. Today is not going to be any bargain cause I'm going to MIL's for dinner. Phbbt! LOL

Bowling last night was HORRID! Far cry from last week. I did AWFUL and DH didn't do too well himself. We lost all 3 games. :-( We were in the middle of the pack after the first week. We will most likely plummet after last night's performance! LOL

Sunny: Ooh Oooh! Do the imax premix girl! }(

Lora: You are one of many who really enjoyed Strike Zone. I am one of the few who didn't like it at all. In fact, it is all ready to get shipped off to a fellow Catheite who offered to take it off my hands. ;) Glad you loved it though!:) I was only teasin' with the new computer comment, btw. I hope I didn't upset you. I know you have been out of work. I hope they give you a refund for Body Bot.

Lori: The dress is very cute but what will you do about making all of that cleavage!? ;) Don't worry...I wouldn't look like that in that dress either!:p

Off to get more java!

Hi Friends of Alwyn :)

Ok Wendy for HIIT yesterday I tried [font color = red]Imax3 blast only pre mix on the BOSU[/font]. I AM HUMBLED. It was true HIIT and the BOSU made my legs feel like jelly. Some of the recoveries in this pre mix were less than 30 seconds?? I will do it again for sure.

Jen- I did do HIIT first see above, and then went onto stage 3B. I will continue to do it that way. Intervals are part of the 3B workout. I just like having warm muscles for the weights. I do not have the patience to wait 105 seconds between sets, so I wait 60seconds. At theses weights, I need the 60 seconds! For the core work I do not wait at all. I just do all three exercises and repeat twice for 3 sets.

Today is a golf match, wish me luck. I got up to have my coffee early. (Do not want bathroom issues in the golf course) It will be hot again, but I have been in the heat purposely the last few days to adjust.

Hi to Sunny, Christine, Jacque, Tammy & Lori (sorry about your doggie do do, Lori)

BYW- Lora I have the increased appetite too with this program :(

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Lori - buy the dress! I just treated myself to a pair of Sinful jeans that were $190. Sinful is my FAVE line of clothing. I buy their tees exclusively and hoodies. The jeans are so cool. They have leather crosses on the back pockets and little leather crosses down the one leg. I figured I deserved it .........my little treat for finding another job so soon.........but I really shouldn't have. I just made up an excuse. I've never bought anything this extravagant in my life....but hey....you only live once? right?

bye ladies off to work. It's my late night....long day...and I'm tired....been operating on 4 hours or less of sleep (as usual). Not enough time in the day!

Stopping in quickly to say that I got my chin up bar, and I'm FINALLY able to do TT for Amazing Abs workout A:

Warm up
Warm up circuit of:

Pull up with knee ups (2)
DB Chest press - 6 reps - 75% weight

Superset # 1

Pull up with Knee up - 8 reps
DB Chest Press - 8 reps
One minute rest - repeat two more times

Superset 2

DB Reverse lunge (8 reps)
Decline Spiderman pushup (max reps)

Ab Circuit (supposed to do only one circuit of this this week - we'll see how I feel):

Hanging leg raise - 10 reps
Kneeling Cable Crunch - 12 reps (will use heavy duty band)
Cable Chop - 10 reps per side

I'm following it with Spinervals Big Gear Strength in anticipation of my 65 mile ride in July.

Edit because I cannot type worth beans... :+

Morning ladies!

Quick post because I just got into work, but I had to report that I SKIPPED my workout this morning because I overslept! :eek: :eek:

Sunday was supposed to be my rest day though, and I ran the race. This morning would have been cardio, so I figure it's a wash. With my treadmill on the fritz, I wasn't really looking forward to it anyway.

BBL to catch up! :*

Jen

Wendy** I really don't know what you are talking about! My boobies should fill that dress out just fine;) Actually DH asked me if the boobs came with it! LOL If I wanted to get a boob job I think he would go along with it!

Judy** Good job with the workout!!

Lora** Yowza! Those were expensive but I bet their nice! Its not the dress thats real expensive, its everything else I put into my cart! I figure it Im gonna order something I should make it worth my while! LOL

Christine** How are ya? How is the weightloss going? Still following WW's?

Jen** Everyone needs a rest day! I don't take them very often b/c I know there will be days like your day where I sleep in:)

Ive decided that I am going to run today. Its a little windy but we will be o.k!

Lori:)

HI Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA but my computer was out of order; it didn't recognize the memory card. Workouts and eating have been going well! However, the scale has not budged! I think it may due to the hot weather, I'm retaining a little fluid. Sounds good, right! lol

Today is TT big 5 circuit A and Strike Zone. I'll let you know what I think of Strike Zone. It's my 4th and final week of this rotation. I may give TT amazing abs a try.

Sunny, Are you going to be able to take the metabolic effect class again soon? It sounds like it was fantastic.

Christine, Your workout sounds great. I think I may try that rotation next.

Lori, I love the dress - you'll look great in it. Sorry about the sick dog and stinky mess.

Wendy, What didn't you like about SZ?

Lora, What's going on with BodyBot. I checked it out but didn't try it.

Judy, Great job with the workout. I love using my BOSU for the Imaxes and many others.

Jen, Rest days are essential IMO. I woke up late this morning too.

Hello to anyone I may have missed and keep up the great work.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Lori - I'm holding steady - hoping to kick start myself into losing again! Thanks for asking. Sorry about the runny dog. I've awoken to that as well - it's not fun, to say the least.

Shirl - I really like this one. I'm planning on keeping it a few more weeks - with my P90X+ mods tossed in. :p I'm anxious to try the ab work in P90X+.

No time for personals right now. Sorry!

Just wanted to say that I did The Kettle Way to your Perfect Body today and OMG, I LOVED IT!}( :7 }( I am going to be hurtin' just about EVERYWHERE tomorrow. ;)

G2G but I'll be back later to catch up!:)

Wendy, I absolutely love KBW too! I'd like to incorporate it at least twice a week or maybe parts of it twice a week. My inner thighs were quite sore the first time I did it.

Christine, P90X+ core work is great! That's another workout along with P90X+ Total Body and a few other workouts I'd like to work in a rotation. Please let us know what you think of the ab work.

I liked Strike Zone - it's very different than any other kickbox workout I own. It's a workout that you'll grow with. The more you do it you'll be able to perfect your form - make it more intense, etc.

Oh, it's storming here again - better close some of the windows.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Darn it has been too busy today - will be a short one.

I sure have got some major UB DOMS today. BootCamp yesterday and today I did PUB premix, going up only. Whew that is different not taking a 60 sec break in between exercises. Guess that's why the DOMS are visiting me already. I've been in a funky mood lately after work but am hoping to be motivated enough to play with one of my new Turbo Jams for a little cardio. Am hoping if I go easy it will help "stretch" me out a bit. Then I'll hit the spa.:p

Great workout you got today Lora. Are you feeling stronger or like you have more endurance? With the workouts you are doing I bet it would be hard to have the energy eating as the plan suggests. I remember on the Fat Flush plan for a couple of weeks with only 1200 calories I could only muster about a half hour of any type of workout. Hope your bloat goes away soon so you can "measure" your progress.

Hey there Sunny ! Hope the workout goes OK and you get the chance to come back to chat !

Lori - bummer about waking up this AM. I was online the other day and checked out the Terminator series - not sure I'll purchase them, but may try one of the workouts if I can swing it without having to change DVD's too many times. They look like killers !}( So nice you are walking your DS and dogs so much - double great that it gets you a bit more exercise too ! LOL at your VS post - they do sell the "filler bras" at VS too, he he he.

Wendy - sometimes I dread it when I know I have a long workout, but usually am fine once I get started. Will cross my fingers it goes quickly. Too bad about bowling, but hopefully you at least had fun being out with DH and your group. I do well at counting the cals for a while but get so tired of it that I stop. I am pretty good during the week if I can keep myself busy right after I get home. That's where I have the struggle. Need to come here more.:7

Judy - BOSU is another one of the things I would like to try. You are so good at increasing workouts. On my plate soon will be an IMax blast premix. You guys are really helping me along with your motivation and tough workout ideas - I love it - thanks so much !:D Hope your golf match went well.

Christine - Yippee, a chin up bar ! That will be fun for you. Your workout looks pretty tough - the circuit looks tiring and then you're doing a spinerval workout ! You go girl !

Hey there Jen - enjoy the day off !

Hope the rest of the day goes well for those of you who make it back.

Wendy - isn't that the best DVD ever? I LOVE Anthony! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Shirl - I'll be doing it Thursday with P90X+ TB. I've been taking the third workout in my TT rotation and subbing it with an X+ video. It's been wonderful! Hope you do well with the storm! Glad you liked Strike Zone - I have it coming to me.

Hi Ladies!

This morning was NROL FL1A with less reps and shorter rests between the supersets...love this workout...I went up in weight on everything.

Shirl ~ hope the storms pass thru quickly!

Wendy ~ Oh dear enabler....The Kettle Way, eh? What does it compare to?

Jacque ~ YAY for DOMS :D :D :D

Lori ~ LOVE the dress, think you'll look smokin' in it.

Jen ~ That happened to me yesterday.

Christine ~ Looks like a great workout. What is TT?

Judy ~ I follow that way of eating too...healthy with an occasonal treat.

Lora ~ I really liked the WSFL workouts...they kicked my arse!

Have a nice evening all, I'm off to start supper.

Oh boy, I've had a BAD diet day. I went out for dinner after work and had a couple glasses of wine and dessert. I feel like such a cheater right now!! Plus I skipped my workout today?!?! Oy.

The past couple days I've really lost my commitment. I think I might need to change things up a bit. To be honest, the workout routine has gotten a little boring and I'm considering switching over to NROL Fat Loss I, but keeping the diet the Warp Speed Fat Loss way. It might be enough of a change to bring back that motivation I had three weeks ago. The thing is, while the diet is very strict and difficult to stick to, I am seeing results from it. At least I think it's from the diet. I keep worrying that maybe there's something magical to the combo of the diet and the workouts Alwyn designed? I mean, will I only keep seeing results if I do the exact same workouts? I doubt it. I'll bet it has more to do with the diet and the consistency of the workouts. What do you guys think? I just feel myself wavering and I need to change it up before I lose my drive, you know?

Maybe things will be more interesting to me in the morning :+

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.