Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc Wed Aug 20

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Valerie's Action Hero 1 again and I upped my weights somewhat. Had a killer workout. Think I went too heavy on deadlifts and flared my sciatica. This workout really keeps your HR elevated with zero cardio. Workout was 75" and I burned 599 calories.

I also did Yoga Shakti - from the matrix for 40 minutes. Felt sooooo good. Need to do more yoga.

I'm off today but I have a ton of stuff to do. Would like to do cardio and abs later.....but truthfully, it will probably not happen.

Have great workouts everyone.

Wow ! Can't believe I'm the first response to Lora's opening post ?:confused:

Hope everyone is OK out there in Alwynland.

Finished up my weights last night and hit the TM for a 3 mile run with a 10 min. cool down (just enough to complete one hour of "24" :p).

This AM was 4DS HIS, cardio so far with Chest and Back after work - hoping to repeat last night with some additional cardio. So I have completed a round of 4DS which began on Sun since I'm out of town for 3 days. Will work on whatever I can that fits in to an upstairs apt. with no workout gear. Have a small stack of DVD's that I'll take with me. May get in some extra workouts since I won't have much to do while babysitting. (Other than take care of a very good 1 yr. old - he does very well as he is curious and loves to just look around). DS said they have season passes to a local zoo so that will be one day - and there is a park right down the street with ducks. We will most likely be out walking around quite a bit as I am not used to a small apt. any longer.

Hope all of you are having a great day - will check back later to see if y'all have made it here today. :rolleyes:

Jacque, sounds like you have a very nice, albeit busy, weekend ahead of you! Great workouts for both yesterday and today.

Lora, Are the Action Hero workouts found online? I've heard a lot of chatter about them, along with her Red Carpet Ready. I'd like to look into them.

This morning I did some cardio, only 30 minutes worth because I got out there later than I should have, but I made it pretty darn intense with 1 minute high/1 minute low intensity intervals for the first 20, and then a 10 mintue steady state run at a faster pace than usual. I felt pretty good when all was said and done.

Work beckons...BBS!

Jen

Jen - I adore those HIIT workouts in the AM before work. They totally energize me and the calorie burn is equated to a good 45 - 60 min workout !

Have a great day at work. (Or possibly better put would be a productive day?) :eek:

Jacque, LOL, how'd you know? I'm so ridiculously unproductive today it's not even funny! Gotta get my rear in gear....(hey, it's only 1:30 p.m., what's the problem ;) ?)

Hey Girls!

I ended up doing IMAX 3 warm up and blast #1 followed by the Low Max blast premix. LOL I started out wanting to do IMAX 3 blasts only but when I got to the 2nd blast my brain was already too fried to follow her cueing so I popped in something I knew I'd have no trouble following, hence the Lowmax blasts only. Great work out regardless. Laying off the weights for the rest of the week. I will start CTX on Sunday or Monday!

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.