Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc Tues Aug 5

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party & Strike Zone. My HR stayed really low. Didn't have a very good workout.....so I'll count this as my "recovery" day and try to work out hard the rest of the week, unless my body doesn't cooperate again and takes another rest day on its own. Workout was 54" and I burned 355 calories.

Have great workouts.

Good Morning Folks.

Jen: Glad you had fun in the city. Welcome back to reality! Have fun eating healthy and exercising today! ;)

Lora: Sorry about your bummer work out this morning. It happens. You'll have a better w/o tmrw.

Today's plan is to do 4DS chest and back and hit the gym for a run. I really need to get in 2-3 runs during the week in addition to my long weekend run in order to be sufficiently prepared for my race in October. I hope I can get 'em all in most weeks. I don't mind doing all of that running as I love it BUT I DON'T want to lose my muscle/definition that I've worked so hard for. That is my only fear. :(

Well, off to get more java...BBIAB!

Good Morning!

I have some serious DOMS in my UB today. I used my BIL's bowflex weights yesterday in order to get my weight workout in. They were pretty good weights, they were a little long in length though and during the hammer curls I felt like I wasn't going all the way up. I also went for a run. Im really going to try to work on speed now. I have a yr before anymore races and I want to be able to run faster, in comfort. In saying that, there is a cancer run in the city sometime in Sept but I think I am working that weekend. Its 15K and would be nice to attend...maybe I can get it off?

Lora** Good job with the workout today! How is work going?

Wendy** When is the race and how far? See, you live in a big enough place that there are probably a few races to pick from. We only have one here a yr and the others are in the city. It would cost a fortune to participate in when when we have to drive 3 hours each way and stay the weekend! Just to run? LOL

I will bbl, today will be another run b/c I still have no workout equip in my house!

Lori

Lori: Enjoy the DOMS! Oh there are tons of races to choose from around here. More 5ks then anyone could possibly ever do and tons of other ones as well. The race I am training for is an 18 miler in October. I also plan to do a 15k at the end of September. I've done the 15k distance before and really enjoyed it. The 18 miler is a "warm up" for a full marathon. Depending on how the 18 goes I will most likely train for a spring 2009 full mary! YIKES! Did I just say that!? LOL

Good morning, everyone!

This morning I did my Afterburn weights, and let me tell you, four days off really did a number on me! I stayed with the weights I used last week, but I felt like I was about to hurl the whole workout. :confused: But I made it through and I'm feeling better for it now.

Wendy and Lori, you girls are runnng machines!! 18 miles? 15k? Go girls!! You're quite the inspirations! I think I'll stick with my 5ks for now though. ;) Maybe something longer after Afterburn? We'll see...

Lora, sorry you weren't satisfied with your workout. I hate when that happens. I know you'll hit it hard tomorrow though!

Wendy, and anyone else who has them, how do you like 4DS? How long are the weights portions, and are they heavy weights or more endurance based? Just curious :D

BBS~
Jen

Jen: 4DS is awesome. The weight segments are about 30 minutes each except for the premixes which vary in length. The cardios are also about 30 minutes in length. The weights are definately heavy/strength which I personally love! Considering purchasing this set? I am not a fan of the step work outs but the kickbox and bootcamp cardios are fun.

Wendy, ME? Considering another fitness purchase? What are the chances:rolleyes:?

I'm hearing a lot about these around here lately, and I'm very tempted even though I still have eight weeks of Afterburn left and STS on the way. (Okay, I'm talking myself out of it as I type.) But I'm wondering if I'd rather jump into something like that after Afterburn instead of STS right away...I think it's that I'm looking for a fun factor, you know?

Wendy,

:DROTFLMAO:D

I DON'T KNOW!!! I can't decide!

I think I want you to talk me INTO it in about six weeks from now.

Hi ya ladies !

Still alive and kicking - just not workin' out lately. Had a very busy weekend with company - 22 at our house on Fri nite and Sat morning. It was soooo fuunnnn. My bro and his family (wife, 4 boys, 2 have wives and 4 grandchildren) were here (missing only on of my nephews) and then my 3 kids, one married with one child. 2 tents in the backyard, bodies on every bed, couch and empty spot of flooring. Tons of food (quite healthy except for the bacon on Sat AM !) and drinks galore.

After 2 nites staying up past midnight to clean, then 2 nites staying up past midnight to chat, I was quite dead the remainder of the weekend. Slept in yesterday so no workout. BUT . . .

Got up this AM and did LowMax step only. Will hit Blasts only this afternoon and a short SS run afterwards. Yes I will yes I will (think I need to tell myself that).

Lora - you had a great workout yesterday, maybe you were just tired from that. See how tomorrow goes, bet it will be better. ;)

Wendy - hope your workout will well. I wish I had the endurance running that you have. Not sure what I would feel like after the long runs you do. I totally felt my 50 years this weekend after not sleeping enough.

Lori - still have a water logged basement? What a bummer. I have wondered about the Bow Flex - sounds like it works pretty well, huh? Hope you dry out soon. Glad to hear you liked running the races and plan on doing more. I'm thinking about it, but don't think I'll ever go as far as you or Wendy - I was totally in pain after just a 10K !:eek:

Jen - I understand about taking 4 days off. Was totally amazed at the sweat dripping just from doing Low Max step only. And have to pitch in that 4DS is nice if you need short weight workouts and like to do cardio pretty much daily. I don't mind any of them at all. Feel like I have gotten a good workout each time. Some of the premixes are good too. Am wondering when STS is coming and how heavy I will be able to go with that since I pretty much peaked with NROLW. Hmmmm . . .

May check back in later to see how the remainder of the workouts went. Happy day to all !

Jacque, just have to say that I love your description of your weekend! I can picture the fun and togetherness you all had, and it makes me want to reserve a spot in the back yard for the next one! ;) Good times. You are blessed.

Well, hopefully tomorrow will be a better workout after a day of clean eating and a good night's sleep.

See you all in the a.m.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.