Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc for Tues Aug 12

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix. I repeated the Turbo's the first time twice ....and then repeated the workout......so total of six Turbo's. Workout was 59" and I burned 619 calories. My HR hovered from 148-151 for the lower intensity segments and I got it up to 167 on the Turbos...not overly impressive....but decent.

I'm going thru a rough time right now. The DH and I are not getting along. He's really jealous about my job and friend there and continually picks a fight with me. Things don't look good for our future right now. It's very upsetting to me and I'm overwhelmed with thinking about what will happen in the future here. Just thought I'd mention it. As I've mentioned in the past, my DH tends to be verbally abusive with an explosive temper and tells me to pack my bags constantly and frankly, I've just about had it. I hate conflict so this is all very difficult for me and quite upsetting. Thanks for listening.

Have great workouts everyone

Hi Alwyn/ Kb friends-

I've been in lurk mode regarding this thread for a bit. But I am ready to check in today. After leaving NROL4W, I did not have a rotation plan. However, I have done a few Kb workouts now and think they are useful. In fact I just ordered Art of Strength Newport. I have been borrowing AOS Providence from a friend and doing it convinced me to purchase a 15# KB. I do use a 20# DB for some exercises.

(((Lora)))- I am sorry to read about your difficult marital situation. This is a great place to vent when you need to. I hope you can work this out one way or another.

Good Morning Peeps!

Lora: Sorry about your marital issues. If you can't work them out or if you simply have had enough and don't want to try, then the best thing is for the two of you to go your separate ways. No use be unhappy. (((HUGS))) I know it's hard but you will get through it. Just do what is best for you.

Judy: Welcome to our little group! There aren't many of us and the founder (Sunny) hasn't been around (very busy but doing fantastic!) so our group is even smaller! LOL Glad you are enjoying the KB's. They are awesome. I will probably do another KB rotation soon. I can feel myself gettin' the itch. I bought a new work out after I finished the rotation so I haven't tried it yet. I don't know how much longer I can wait....LOL

Today's plan definately calls for a run and perhaps some leg work too.

BBL!

Good morning, girlies!

{{Oh no, another kettlebell vote swaying me toward the dark side ;)}}

Judy, welcome back! You're certainly in the right place for kettlebell support with our kettlebell queen Wendy in da house!! I look forward to hearing how you do with them. How often do you think you'll incorporate them into your routine?

Wendy, speaking of leg workouts, I think stage 3 of Afterburn is pretty leg intensive. This morning's workout had lunges, good mornings, and single leg straight leg deadlifts and boy, are they much harder than they sound :eek:

Lora, hang in there, girlfriend. It sounds like he's insecure and controlling, and even though he's often telling you to pack your bags, I'd put money on the fact that he's likely terrified of losing you. Have you guys tried counseling? It doesn't work for everyone, but maybe he'd consider it if he had the "understanding" that without it he'll definitely lose you.

So this morning was the start of week 9 for me. It was haaaarrrrd (insert wimpering and whining here). But good :cool: It took me an hour. I've got to start doubling up one of my days with an HIIT session, so I think I'll tack one on tonight after work.

Speaking of work ;)

BBS~

Jen

Checking in quickly from home this AM.

Have decided to do a rotation alternating 4DS and CTX for a month, inserting some KB & CC in appropriate places, OR, maybe just portions as add ons.

Need to research some KB workouts - didn't get that far last night as I had to workout.

So this AM was 4DS Bootcamp - cardio only so far - didn't have enough time to finish leg workout so that'll be after work. Think I may add a 1/2 hour CC afterwards - maybe something not too tough since it is a total leg day.

Lora - BTDT - verbal abuse and controlling issues are hard to deal with. Feel free to vent or PM me any time - I finally figured out after 15 years that it wasn't me and he didn't want to fix his problems. Hang in there lady and definitely keep workin' out 'cuz it is such a great stress relief. Still liking being out in the showroom?

Judy Judy Judy - good to see ya back, especially since you are the one who brought me here in the first place. Guess I'm following your lead (and Wendy's too) with the KB's. Look like great exercises and remind me of Alwyn as many seem to be compound too.

Wendy - have a great run today. Let us know how your legs faired for your first run post RT. :p

Jen - comon and join the KB revolution ! :D I haven't started yet but viewed the exercises. I just remember seeing how it seems to get the bum for nearly every exercise and the KB'ers seem to always have DOMS. Sounds good to me ! Way to hang in with AB. Sounds like you may have DOMS too!

BBL to check in on y'all.

Okay, I finally have a plan for my work out. I'm going to do LB premix at nap time and then head outdoors for a run this afternoon as soon as DH gets home from work since the weather seems to be cooperating! :)

I just spent a long time planning today's menu on the nutrtion program so now I must hustle my butt to the food store to buy what I will be eating today!

BBL for personals!

Jacque, you know it's only a matter of time! I'm trying to get my fitness spending under control atm, but I'm certain that when I'm through with Afterburn I'll be in the market for something new. And kettlebells sound like the thing!!

Oh wait, but there's still 4DS. And cardio coaches. And STS should be on its way soon.

The choices will make my head spin :eek: Kewl :cool:

Wendy, lower body? After the weekend you had? I bow down.

Jen

Hey Girls.

Leg Blast Premix immediately followed by a 3 mile run is complete. What freakin' leg torture THAT was! LOL Can't wait to see how wobbly I am in the morning!:p

So I put some real effort into pre-planning my food for today and will wind up with a 3.88 GPA in the nutrition program for the day. Go me! ;)

Jen: As exhausting as the weekend was with all of the work outs, etc., trust me when I tell ya, the only DOMS I came away with was in my calves and that is feeling better. If my lower body was hurtin' I would NOT have done what I did today!!! Heck no! LOL So what kind of results are you getting from AB? Weight loss, fat loss, muscle gain, muscle def?? Do tell!:)

Jacque: According to your plan for tonight it appears that you and I may BOTH be a bit wobbly tomorrow! Enjoy it! LOL

Looks like I'm all caught up here and just in time...off to play a little baseball with DS before bed...

BBL!:)

Thanks for all of the understanding on my relationship issues. I've been married 20 years and I know he won't change. I've gone for marriage counseling in the past (by myself) and got told that I had ADD and I was not living my life, just surviving.............so it didn't really help much since he wouldn't go. I ended up feeling more defective. I really am quite sick of the constant divorce threats and abuse and feel I finally deserve better, at 49!! I also agree that he is insecure & controlling and I don't think he really means the threats.......cuz I think he's starting to sense that I'm thinking of leaving and it's making him more nuts. Yes, I like the Showroom. They blast a classic rock station and there are other reasons I like it out there, but I won't elaborate on that right now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.