Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc for Sat Aug 16

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I didn't hear my alarm and overslept (I'm working today - got asked to fill in for the other girl at the last minute). I only did 20 minutes of Leslie's 4 Mile Walk and then Ab/Core from CIA Amy's Hi/Lo Kickbox and stretch. Wanted to fit yoga in but no time. NEED it though. Workout was only 43" and I burned 340 calories........I guess it was a rest day.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lora** Thats a pretty good burn for that amount of time. My HRM never tells me Ive burned that much. One time I burned 200 cals doing HSC! WTF is up with that????

I got up early today and did a 6 mile run. I didn't get a workout in yesterday b/c we went to my MIL's for supper.
The TM is such a strange thing, isn't it? Outside I will run a 8 min mile..or even less but on the TM I did 6 miles in 55:56 mins which is a 9. something mile but I feel like I am working harder on the TM...very strange!

Anyway...must find some work to do!

BBL!
Lori

Good Morning Ladies.

Lora, Sorry you overslept. It happens. Yes, think of it as a rest day or just an easy work out. I will also get asked to cover for co-workers. I don't usually mind it unless they call 30 minutes before the shift starts (like one did y'day). It also annoyed me cause the same woman calls out more then the rest of us combined. She admitted she had been looking for excuse to call out earlier that week so I'm sure it was a big ol' lie anway! She needs to quit. She'll do us all a favor.

So today's work out is a pilates/yoga combo class at my gym. Something relaxing before heading out for my 9 miler in the morning. :eek:

I didn't check y'day's thread to see if anyone popped in after me so I'm gonna go check it out.

I'll be back in just a minutes to catch up with personals if need be.

ETA: Hi Lori. We were posting at the same time. Good run this morning.

Toodles!:)

Hey ladies !

I'm aiming to get back on schedule today after 3 days of due to my Compensation courses. I am an HR Manager with a BS in Accounting. I have been working on HR skills to do my job and passed the Professional Human Resources certification in 2002 which had me studying forever and was a 4 hour test. Now I'm shooting for a Certified Compensation Professional combined with a Certified Benefits Professional Certifications to further my knowledge and hopefully "allow" me to use some of my skills at work. Otherwise it will be "bye bye" once the economy gets moving again. Don't want to be in the same position for 25 years and just push the papers. I want to be useful, productive and advance.

So since I was off workouts for 3 days I will be doing B&G in it's entirety today and find another l o n g one for tomorrow. (Judy - the B&G reminder the other day had me "itching" to do it again:eek:).

BBL to catch up.

OK - back and moving slowly after B & G. We'll see how tomorrow goes. May do a short run this afternoon since it seem to help me bypass DOMS sometimes.

Well in reviewing all the past couple days of posts it sounds like you have all been busy.

Jen - glad to hear you are feeling better and back on track.

Lora - coming up with some good workouts lately. Will be interested to hear about your KB workout if you have a chance to post.

Lori - glad to see you back here. For the macros for your running program - check out Runner's World and they have some great nutrition articles for runners there. May be some that can help you.

Judy - sounds like your KB'ing pretty well these days. I'm going to check out a few myself so I can get started this coming week. May be a good workout while I am babysitting since it would just be one piece of equipment to haul with me.:D

Wendy - recouping well from the RT I see. Just the decisions on your workouts that are getting to you, huh?:p

We'll finally be checking out the new Batman movie today - life kinda got in the way - but bet the crowds will be a bit fewer this late in the game.

Have a great day ladies - will probably be back to see if anyone comes back later.

Good afternoon ladies! Man, this day has gotten away from me!

I did Afterburn weights this morning. I'm still sore from Thursday's workout, but I got a good one in today anyway. Should have done some HIIT but didn't...will do it tomorrow though.

Jacque, sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, and valuable! I hope it pays off for you!

Wendy, some people just have no work ethic. It's so frustrating :mad: I hope that somehow gets resolved for all of you.

Lori, I also don't get that high of a reading on my HRM. I figured it out last year when I was running a lot and I think I generally burn 80-100 calories every ten minutes. I don't wear it much anymore, but I put it on a few weeks ago for sh*ts and giggles and got the same numbers. I wonder if it has anything to do with resting heart rate and stuff? I know I have a low pulse, like 56 bpm.

Lora, you always manage to get a great workout in, in my opinion, even when you think it's below par. You should be proud of yourself!

Gotta go do some grocery shopping today. I've actually set a goal and made it a game to see how much money I can save and free stuff I can get. My supermarket has this reward system where they give you coins (when you spend so much money or buy certain items, I guess) that you can redeem for reduced prices and/or free stuff. I counted my coins today and I have 30. I really need to get rid of some of them. They're weighing my purse down! So my daughter and I went through the circular and made a list of all the stuff I can get with those coins. Plus they're having a bunch of buy one get one free sales this week too. I'll let you know what sort of damage I did!

BBS~

Jen

Just poppin' in to report my frugal shopping prowess and let you girls know that I SAVED $126.33 at the supermarket today. :p Yup, I have enough food in this house for a month. And it's good stuff, too, not crap like you might expect.

Off to grill some balsamic marinated chicken breasts and (free) pineapple!

Later gaters ;)

Jen

Well we're back from the Dark Night.

Typical Batman type of a flick. DH is a cartoon fanatic - watches the cartoons all morning on the weekends and at night during the week.

It was a good movie - quite different than the last one as this one was a bit gorier (sp?) and a few things that I wouldn't want young children seeing - not as mild as the cartoons on Sat. AM. I did enjoy it, but in comparison to Transformers, it came in 2nd.

Jen - great job on the shopping - what time did you say dinner was being served? :p We'll be having rock fish, mango salsa and coleslaw. DH loves to grill so I take FULL advantage ! :rolleyes:

Until tomorrow . . .

Well, my motivation is going bye-bye. The nausea hit a couple of days ago. I'm feelin pretty green today. I'll just visit here and live vicariously through y'all.

Jacque ~ do you recommend Dark Knight? I like the last Batman movie.... or maye I just like CB. :D

Well, my motivation is going bye-bye. The nausea hit a couple of days ago. I'm feelin pretty green today. I'll just visit here and live vicariously through y'all.

Jacque ~ do you recommend Dark Knight? I like the last Batman movie.... or maye I just like CB. :D

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well - I had a little with only one of my three and do remember crying in the shower at 4 months hoping it would go away. Just crummy going thru it. Hope it ends for you soon.

I did enjoy the movie if you like Batman movies. Yes, the 'looks' were nice - but it was good - I think I liked the action more in this one - not quite so much a love story as the Joker "taking care of the bad guys".

Good to see you here - come back and check on us so we can keep up with you.

I keep thinking I'll eat a little something and it will go away. I don't remember nausea with #1 but #2 I sure do. It didn't last long. ***Fingers crossed***

I may have to go see this movie then.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.