Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc for Monday Aug 18

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Valerie Waters Action Hero Weighted Circuit. Listened to Papa Roach. Workout was 67" with stretch & I burned 546 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - forgot to ask when the current Avon -Mark Campaign goes in. I love that new Berrylicious lip gloss and want to stock up on it. thanks.

Hi Lora and all who follow.

I have 4DS bi/tri and a 3 mile run on tap for today. I don't seem to sore at all from y'day's run. WOOH! Ofcourse I know later on I could be crying but for right now I am very pleased. :)

I think I have one more week left to round out a 4 week 4DS rotation. I don't know what I want to do next. Should I go endurance now? I'm thinking so. Perhaps I'll keep Jacque company and do CTX for a while....Hmmm.....

I did alot of housework y'day so with the exception of the never-ending laundry pile, I will have a pretty chore free day today. I also don't have to work so I intend to take DS to the park after hitting the gym for my run. I wanted to try and get the weight done this morning but DS is upstairs awake, waiting for me to come get him so it'll have to wait until nap time now.

okay, that's all for now but I'll be back!

Hi!

Wendy- after 4 weeks of 4DS, endurance may be a good idea. ?Are you ever going to try NROL4W? any stage?

Hi laura- never heard of Valerie Waters DVD's. What is your take on them?

I am still waiting to get AOS Newport. but for today, i will do cardio (HIIT?) on the bike or elliptical. My foot needs to be impact free for a while longer.

On Wednesdays, I signed up for a spin class right before my yoga class. I have at lest one day per week preplanned.

Hi Judy!

Yes, I want to try NROL4W but I am trying to keep it to weight work outs that I can play around with to fit my schedule since my goal is to run 4 days per week. When I am not training I will be giving NROL a shot for sure. Unfortunately it may not be until next spring though. If this 18 miler goes well I have every intention of continuing on with my training and signing up for a full marathon at the end of March 09!:eek: NROL will have to wait until after that I am afraid....

Good Morning everyone!

Don't have a workout to report today. Even though I got up early enough, I started reading and it got later and later, and before I knew it I was totally blowing it off! I just didn't have it in me today. I did do some HIIT last night like I hope to, so I'm not feeling too bad about it. However, I kind of feel like I need to "regroup" a little bit and get myself back on a disciplined track. Though I've been faithful to a workout schedule, the past four weeks I've really relaxed in my eating and I need to get a grip. My food choices are okay, but I keep going over in my calorie intake. So...today my goal is to figure out the best way to track my calories (right now I use Myfooddiary.com, but I may switch to Cathe's) and to drink a whole gallon of water. I always have trouble with the water, probably because I'd rather drink coffee :p

Gotta do a little work, but I'll BBS~

Jen

Jen: Hey girl, we all fall off the wagon on occassion wether it be with food or work outs or even both. You'll get it back! :)

Hello ladies !

Couldn't get outta bed early enough to complete my workout so did the first half so far . . . 4DS LIS, step workout done. Weights to be done when I get home, shoulders, calfs and core. My legs and behind are still fried and it takes a grunt to get out of my chair still ! :rolleyes: Will definitely be putting of my leg weight workout until Wed this week.

Lora - weighted circuit sounds like fun. Way to get in a good workout. I am going to be away from home this weekend and am thinking as I read about you doing your stretching and yoga faithfully that maybe a yoga DVD and Stretch Max would be good for me on those days. Will bring my Turbo Jam too.

Wendy - good to hear you aren't sore after that long run. I can usually get the soreness out by doing some short runs but didn't work this time.:mad: I even hit the spa last night but to no avail. Will be interested to hear what you will be doing - yep, join me with CTX. It would work well in between your runs. I seem to be running into too many forced rest days lately and think it will continue for a while. That was why I thought the 4DS and CTX would work well for me. Have fun at the park with DS.

Judy - hope your foot heals quickly. Heard Providence is very difficult - can't wait to hear your take on it. And spin class? I have always thought that would be great fun but don't belong to a gym so will probably never get there. Will you let me live vicariously through you on that one too? ;)

Jen - another that has had a foot off the wagon alot lately. Am slowly getting back to better eating but had waaayyyy too many opportunities to be a bad girl in that dept. Nothing horrible, but I am sure it helped me feel pretty weak today. Am feeling a bit better since I had my chicken salad for lunch - though I might have to go home as I was feeling really weak. Think I'll take an extra iron tab tonight and we are having red meat. Time to break out my backup boxes of raisins too ! Tracking helps me - the cathe nutrition seems to be getting some good reviews too ! I am tempted in order to see what the nutritional values of the foods I am eating compile up to. Tomorrow is a good day to start, huh?

Later ladies . . .

Thanks Wendy! I'm feeling better already!

Jacque, Hope you're able to find some energy tomorrow. That's an awful feeling. Yes, back on track tomorrow for sure. I've had a great diet day today, and tomorrow I'll start week ten of Afterburn. I'm thinking about taking a rest week at the end of stage three but am still undecided. I think I'll play that one by ear. It's still three weeks away and part of me thinks that by that time I'll just want to keep going just to finish the program! As far as tracking goes, the site I've been using is pretty good, but it doesn't offer everything in weight measures like grams. It has a lot as ounces, but then it also has a lot as "1 slice" or "1 serving" and I just don't find it accurate enough. I'm looking for something that will allow me to get a little more precise. How do you track? Get some rest tonight!

Jen

AOS Providence

Jacque- AOSP is not bad. I did t first with #10 KB and had sore glutes the next day. Then I did it with 15# and was not as sore. Probably just getting those glutes :eek:used to different moves. Each time I did sub in a #20 DB for the one arm rows.

AOS Newport arrived today. It got a reivew as being the toughest AOS from a few peple on this site . I'll let you know after I've done it.

What site are you usingto track food? I am using sparkpeople, because they are free.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.