Alwyn and others...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Just wanted to get us started. Hope everyone is doing well this morning.

I'll be back after work and work out!:)

Cabs n Abs Tuesday

LMBO! I hit the wrong button. I meant to start a NEW thread and instead I posted a reply to this one. OOPS!

LMAO, more coffee should take care of that, Wendy ;)

Good Morning! How is everyone today? Missed my workout this morning because I didn't set my alarm last night :mad: But I'm hoping to get one in after work. It's probably just as well, seeing I had almost NO sleep the night before last, so now I'm caught up a bit. DD is still sick though, so that stinks. I swear it's a record, we haven't even completed 2 full weeks of school yet! This could be a bad sign.

Gotta work, but will BBS~

Jen

Quickie for me from work too ! :p

Have a bit if a headache from yesterday, allergies, and didn't get my hair washed last night so needed extra time this AM. Got up early and shortenend my Drill Max Cardio Blast premix from the 63 min to the 39 min. Was tired enough and feeling the soreness from yesterday's Muscle Max anyway.

So will BBL to see what's up with all of you. . .

Hey girls!

Thanks for the welcome back!! feels good

wendy- sure you can still call me sunny or Dee Dee if you can get used to it
so you are starting before me. when is your 18 miler again. i can't wait to hear your report!! don't worry about how you are doing your rotation just as long as you are X'ing it, lol.

jacque- i too amy going to switch it up a bit. i am going to do a modified version of the classic 90X. instead of his cardio i will run or do another kickboxing workout and will definitely do a different leg workout as i can't stand the one in 90x.

hopefully others will join in and we change our name to something that will reflect our current workouts, lol.

today's workout is a 60 min cycle class and then a hilly powerwalk at lunchtime.

ETA: i guess noone saw the thread i started this morning, lol.

Dee Dee - glad you're gonna come and "play" with us here. LOL about the thread you started this AM - I missed it 'cuz I only look for Alwyn at the beginning of the thread. And you posted early so it may have been pretty far down there. :D Now that you mention skipping the X leg workout I believe that it did not do much for me when I originally started the program a couple of years ago. Will be interested to see how everyone modifies. Main thing is we are all checking in it for our motivation and accountability to ourselves !:rolleyes: I have definitely benefitted from everyone here to keep me on track or to help me just bite the bullet and toughen up when I am being wimpy ! :eek:

Hey, what'd I miss...?

Welcome back, Sunny! I'm gonna have to get used to calling you Dee Dee. I'll ease into it ;)

So when is everyone starting the X? I like the idea of modifying the cardio and will probably do the same. This is really good for me, because I need something structured right now. This should work out well :cool:

Jen

Hehe, went back and read yesterday's thread...think I'm all caught up now! Geesh, don't get online for one evening and I'm totally out of the loop!! Will not let that happen again ;)

I'ma look at Tony's Lean Rotation and see how that sits with me. I think it's just what I'm looking for...who do I thank for revivin' the X? This is too cool.

jacque- yea- checking in is great for motivation esp. when you don't feel like doing a workout and hate to come here and admit you did nothing, lol

jen- haha, soon Dee Dee will float off your finger tips..;o) I believe you have ms. wendy to thank. me and my dh are starting 9/29.

Hi Girls.

I ended up doing a 3.40 mile run after work and then CTX tris and abs when I got home from picking DS up from school.

Well I considered bagging the X idea after all but with all of this excitement going on I am just going to have to do what I can with it. I can't NOT do it now that y'all are going to do it with me! I know it sounds pathetic but I will do two X work outs per week. 3 if I don't want to run a 4th day for some reason.

So it's a 15 miler for me tomorrow...I'm askeered! Hey Sunny, wanna join me? ;)

So how about as of Sunday 09/21 we re-name this thread to something X-like! Any ideas? :)

Hey Girls...I got a question for ya....I post in another check in currently called Cabs and Abs. It's very small. We are planning on all starting the X with in the next couple of weeks just like all of us here are too. Soooo, since both of these check ins are small ones I was wondering if you gals might be interested in combining the 2 -even if only temporarily while we all do the X? What do you think? I'm going to pose the same question over at my other check in and let ya know what they say! I think it'll be fun to get a bigger group together all doing the same work outs! :)

So tonight I paired up some X/X+ work outs to do each week. I have 12 pairs of work outs so I have enough to get me through 3 months if I wanted to do it for a "full X rotation" time period. If I do 12 weeks then I will use all of the weight work outs in both the X and X+ as well as yoga x a few times too.

Here's my list:

Legs and Back, Upper + (upper/lower split)
Chest and Back, Shoulders and Arms (upper body split only)
Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Back and Biceps (upper body split only)
Upper+, Total Body+ (total body x 2)
Total Body+, Core Synergy (total body x 2)
Total Body+, Yoga X (total body x 2)
Yoga X, Core Synergy (total body x 2)
Upper+,Core Synergy (Total body with extra emphasis on upper)
*Chest and Back, Legs and Back
*Shoulders and Arms, Legs and Back
*Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Legs and Back
*Back and Biceps, Legs and Back

*Partial upper/lower split when combined will hit total body by the end of 4 weeks.

So there ya have it. One set of work outs each week along with whatever abs I choose (I'm leaving that open) and 4 days of running will be my not so exciting poor excuse for an X rotation! LOL

Last edited:
Wendy, you can call it "not so exciting", but it sounds intense to me. As far as combining the check-ins, I'm all for it. The more the merrier, and it'll surely help with the accountability factor and motivation. Bring it on!!

Jen

wendy- IA your rotation looks pretty intense. i am all for combining the groups. would be fun! we could be called something like the X-factor, lol. whatever name you ladies come up with i am fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.