Alwyn, Kettlebellers, TT, etc for Friday Aug 15

lorajeannec

Cathlete
This morning had a great workout. Did SWAT Strength followed by Sarah Lurie's Kettlebell Express. Used heavier weights than normal and a heavier Kettlebell. Got my HR up to 150 just during the Squat, Clean and Press KB segment. Listened to 3 Doors Down & Theory of A Deadman. Did part of Amy's 10 Min Solution Bootcamp abs....but ran out of time and most of it was standing......and I couldn't get into it. Workout was 67" and I burned 570 calories....pretty good for zero impact, huh??

Have great workouts everyone.

Happy Friday Ladies! :)

Hey, my town is on the news and it's not a BAD thing! LOL Every summer this tv station goes to a new water park for a week straight. I got so excited last year when I realized they were right in MY town! LOL They are there again today! I wish I would know ahead of time so I could down there and try to get on tv!:p

Lora: Great job creating an intense work out w/o impact! Have a great day.

Lori: LOL someone caught the racing bug I see!:D How was the baby shower?

Jen: Sorry about y'day's nausea. I hope all of your symptoms are gone this morning. Yes, I had a really good work out y'day. I had to push just a bit to get myself started (that isn't unusual if I work out after work) but once I was doing it, I was fine and it felt really good. Ooooh AB stage 3 sounds MEAN! ;) Those push ups on the ball sound like a piece of cake!:p ENJOY!:D

Judy: B&G is pure evil. I did the leg blast premix earlier the week. YEOWZAS!!!!! Do you have DOMS today?

So I keep changing my mind on what work out(s) to do today. I have to fit in a 30 minute run, 4 DS shoulders and a pilates/yoga class at my gym between today and tmrw. Sunday is my long run day (9 miles). That being said, the class is offered at 10:30 both this morning and tmrw morning. I have been through every combination to get these work outs done in my head and keep changing my mind! LOL My latest thought is to take the class this morning and do 4DS shoulders either NOW or at nap time which would leave me with a short run tmrw and a long run on Sunday. Any thoughts?

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies!

No workout yet today. We didn't get home last night until 11:30 and I knew I wasn't going to be in any mood to workout. Oh...I know why I REALLY didn't want to workout...lol, I totally forgot! On the way home last night, DH said, "we don't have any coffee in the house,do we?" Then I KNEW I couldn't workout without a cup of java to get me going!

Lora** Good job with your workout!

Wendy** The baby shower went well. My mom held it in the basement of her church, I was in the kitchen doing things and when I went out where everyone was...the place was PACKED! I couldn't beleive how many people were there. It was almost embarassing that my mother invited that many! We are from a big family though so half of them were cousins and aunts.
I printed off the training program for my run, so I am gonna follow that starting on the 24th. I also need to find a nutritional program, something that will give me lots of energy over the next few weeks. There aren't alot of long runs in the training program, just on Mons, then one day of hills and another day of speed running. The other runs are 5-6 kms long with 2 rest days. Im thinking about doing weights on my rest days...thats if my weights ever get cleaned up and returned to me!!!!! I miss them sooo much!

I will bbl! My boss isn't around today so I will have plenty of time to chat!

Oh...Im hoping to fit in a run tonight. I would like for it to be outside but I think its suppose to rain all day. Prehaps I will get on the TM when DS goes to bed.

Lori

Wendy** If I were you, I would do my weights and run today and do the class tomorrow. That way, you are all rested up for your long run on Sun.

Lori

HI Alwyn Fans-

Yes Wendy- I do have full blown butt DOMS. I could feel them lying in bed all night:eek: You last suggestion to do a class today and 4DS should at nap and the light run tomorrow sounds like a good and doable plan..

Lora- IA your workout had a fantastic calorie burn for no impact! Tell me about the KB DVD you did .

Speaking of classes, Along with the once weekly yoga class, beginning next week, I will be adding a spin class right before it. So at least one day per week, I will have a HIIT non impact cardio. We never know what else the trainer ( We know him well. He trains DS15 for hockey) will add to the workout. He is fond of a :confused:gazillion push ups:( circuit style and other mixes sometimes at the end other times as a circuit. It will be interesting and not at all boring.

Good morning, lovlies!!

Thanks for all your well wishes...they worked, because I feel like a million bucks today! :cool: I did Drillmax Cardio Blasts for my HIIT this morning. I've got DOMS in my quads, my butt, my shoulders, and my back from yesterday's workout, so I chose a workout this morning that would get all those parts involved and loosen me up a bit. While I still feel sore, I do feel better.

Judy, the spin class sounds fun! I'm not a huge fan of pushups though. I do them, but I don't like 'em.

Lori, is your basement all dried out now? Are you worried about today's rain? You mentioned that you're looking for a nutrition program. I've heard a lot of good things about John Berardi's Precision Nutrition. It's a little pricey though.

Wendy, your latest plan sounds doable. Kudos to you for planning a nine mile run. I don't know how you girls do it. Five miles is plenty long enough for me! Yes, Stage 3 is downright NASTY! There's also the overhead squat, where you hold the barbell over your head in a lock position and do a traditional squat. It's amazing how much that changes the exercise!

Lora, that's another awesome workout! And no impact, to boot! I'm really becoming convinced about these kettlebells.

Okay....ugh....I should do some work today. But my boss is out too, so I'll BBS and often :p

Jen

Jen** What I would like to find is something that tells you how many carbs,protein and fat I need. I don't want a program that tells you what you should eat everyday. I think thats why I liked BFL so much. You just ate something from the plan...and I don't really want to pay for anything either. LOL Cheap skate! LOL If I can't find anything, Im just going to eat clean and up my carbs on my long runs.
As for the basement, it is totally dried out and we are getting ready to redo it. There is a hole in the floor, where the water came up though and there is a little bit of water there...which means, everything needs to be fixed before we can redo the basement. Im thinking that water as been in that hole before and we never noticed it b/c it didn't make a mess. The rain we did have (when it flooded) was very weird for here. We don't normally get rain like that so it may be yrs before it happens again.Either way, we need to fix the problem b/c we don't want that to happen again.

Lori

Lori, I hear what you're saying. I really don't know how Precision Nutrition is designed. I don't think it's a diet, per se, but more like a plan, if that makes any sense? Anyway, I mentioned it because I'm considering it for myself. I'm having a hard time plunking down the dough for it right now though. (Don't know why, I'm usually pretty free with the debit card ;)) If I decide to do it, though, I'll give you detailed info when I get it.

As far as the wet basement, boy do I feel for you on that. It seems that since my divorce I've been plagued with living in houses that get water in the basement! I've learned not to store anything of value down there, and it's the entire reason I ended up converting my garage to a gym. It's okay for now, but I'm hoping BF gets his arse in gear soon and agrees to build a house with me! Good luck with your clean up.

Jen

My run is outta the way. I did Itread 20 mins #6 and 9 this morning. After a quick nappy-poo I will do 4DS shoulders and my work out will be done for the day.

BBL with personals!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.