Alwyn, KB, TT and the X Join us on this Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning folks.

Well, I thought for sure I'd be crippled this morning but I actually think that brutal HIIT HELPED my legs as they don't hurt as much as they did y'day!:7 So long as this trend continues, I will be doing an AB weight work out this afternoon. I'm happy as taking tmrw off makes more sense since I am running a 5 mile race on Saturday morning. I will do my final AB weight work out on Sunday to complete week 4 and stage 1 of AB. I will probably take a week off of AB then to mess around with other stuff and give myself a break before I start stage 2. :)

BBIAB.

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did WSFL Cardio. I did the intervals on my Rebounder and jogging around the house. Got my HR up to 162 today. The intervals were 1 min to 2 min ...but I took shorter recoveries. For the 20 minute Steady State segment I did STrike Zone again and loved it even more. It kept my HR between 148 and 152 which is hovering around 83-87% for me...so that's a pretty good workout. It's my new fave KB tape. Workout was 58" and I burned 529 calories.

Have a great day everyone. Thanks for the job advice. I don't start work until 10 today...so I'll call them at 9 when they open and see about setting up an interview. I forgot to mention that the Clinic is a REALLY bad neighborhood. There are shootings on that side of town constantly! but then, I've worked at hospitals in those kinds of neighborhoods...but they had security.

Wendy - what is AB?

Hi Lora,

AB is Alwyn's After Burn program. I'm glad you are atleast going to go on an interview although the bad neighborhood, IMO, may not be worth it but I'm not you. Can't wait to hear how it goes!:)

Good Morning :)

How is everyone? No workout for me today...long story. I may get one in later but certainly not this a.m.

Well....I had an absolutely horrible evening yesterday! And I still don't feel right. With every passing min, another body part hurts!
When I was younger, I use to blackout all the time! My mom would put a helmet on my head when I was hanging out in the house b/c I would be constently knocking myself out.LOL
I was getting ready to leave work yesterday evening and I put my stuff in the backseat of the jeep and thats when I hit my right elbow. I knew I was gonna go out, so I leaned over the backseat and lay there but my feet were still on the ground (not knowing I was gonna go out like I did!) When I woke up, I was on the pavement and didn't have a clue where I was. Not only that, I had bit my tongue when I was out and swore I took a chunk out!
I managed to figure out where I was, pull myself together and go into the ladies washroom. I was sweating buckets and soooo stomach sick. I finally got to go home (I shouldn't have drove) and lay down there. My house was full of people b/c it was DH's b-day supper and my mom was a nervous wreck b/c I was so pale and sick looking.Of course she wanted me to go to the hospital but I knew that I just needed sometime. About an hour after I started throwing up...then I really threw up, took a nap and felt a fair bit better. While everyone else was eating chinesse food and bday cake, I was eating breadx(
I set my alarm today to workout before work but I didn't have it in me and still felt stomach sick so I went back to bed for another hour.
I feel a bit better but Im still not hungry. My elbow hurts that I hit, I must have fell on my left side b/c my left elbow is skined out and so is my ankle. The bridge of my nose is killing me, the left side of my head is tender (not to mention my tongue feels like it is 2 feet thick!) and Im finding all kinds of bruises!
Not to mention that during yesterdays workout I went heavy with the weights, so not only do I have sore body parts, I also have some sore muscles. But to tell you the truth, I don't know which is which!

Wendy** Glad to hear your not sore today! Want some of my pain and discomfort? LOL What a tool I am!

Lora** Good job with the workout! I need to get new batteries for my HRM!

BTW, I forgot to tell you guys that DH bought me some new bands and the bosu! Now what on earth am I gonna do with the Bosu? I don't have any workout related to it. Any tips?

Lori:)

Lori, Good Lord, girl!! What an ordeal! I hope you feel better quickly. PLEASE take it easy today and get some rest!

Lora, good luck with the interview. I do agree with Wendy, though, and DO NOT like the bad neighborhood factor at all. Might not be worth it, but you'll find out soon whether that's the case, I'm sure.

Wendy, you are nuts! I did your little Nadia-inspired HIIT this morning, and all I have to say is WOW. I'm walking funny. Seriously.
It was a great idea, a great workout, and I'll be doing it again!

That being said, I did my WSFL cardio this morning with the above mentioned HIIT for 18 minutes (6 intervals) and then followed that up with 20 minutes of SS cardio on the elliptical.

Hello to all who follow!

Jen

Good morning AKTX's !

Another busy one for me. I am so far beeeeehind at work and home x(

Got in a half hour of Cardio Fusion step only. Hoping to do the Bootcamp Blast after work. DH & DS have hockey tonite so I'm on my own which makes it easier.:7

Hope to get back later today - have a good one - remember tomorrow is Happy Friday the 13th. One of my DS's Bday. :+

Lori, OMG girl. I am glad you are okay. That sounds like quite the scarey ordeal to go through! Please be careful until you are SURE you are 100%!!!!

Jen, Oh I *LOVE* hearing how my work out ideas put others in as much pain as I was in!}( :7 }( I mean that in a *GOOD* way ofcourse!;) I'm glad you liked it. It wasn't fun...but somehow I don't think HIIT was designed to be fun!:p I'm trying to come up with another doozy of an HIIT idea for when I start stage 2 in a couple of weeks. }(

Jacque, Glad you got to enjoy 30 mins of CF before starting your day. That one did not click with me so I sold it but in all honesty it is because as much as I love her, since I started running, I don't do Cathe cardio enough anymore to learn her newer routines to the point where I can handle CF. You DO kinda have to know what you are doing. I also never do the 2 step routines in 4DS. I love the weight work and think the kickbox and bc are awesome but the step routines are way too complicated. I tried them a couple of times but that was it. I knew I wasn't going to do them often enough to remember them so I stopped trying.

Wendy, when that creative brain of yours comes up with something else, do share! Because this morning's routine was the type one loves to hate! }( Of course, rather than calling Alwyn a sadist this morning, you're were getting my "compliments". Meant with complete and utter respect, though. ;)

I think I'm FINALLY starting to recover. I could climb up and down the stairs to the ladies rooms after lunch without holding onto the railing for dear life.

Jen

Hola Chicas!

How's everyone doing today? My workout was Kettlebell Way and I teach Turbo. I've had a wailing headache for the past couple days. I rarely, if ever get h/a. It's getting better, thank God. I can move my head w/o feeling queasy. Yesterday, I went for a walk instead of doing scheduled workout. I couldn't imagine jumping around.

Lori, Hope you're feeling better. That's quite a scare.

Jacque, Have fun tonight while the guys play hockey. I love Cardio Fusion.

Jen, Happy to hear you've recovered from sadist Wendy's HIIT routine. I think I must try it!

Wendy, Yes please share more of your ideas. I always love a good burn!

Lora, How'd the job interview go?

Hello to everyone else!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Okay Girls. I need help! I am in an awful funk! Something set me off after work today and put me in a bad mood. After DS went down for a nap I took one myself hoping that would snap me out of it. Well, I guess it didn't work too well cause I woke up hungry and with a bad attitude and proceeded to shovel about half a dozen soft chocolate chip cookies in my mouth. Now I feel even worse!x(

Additionally, I am going to my mom's for dinner tonight and will undoubtedly be faced with a fattening meal. I am no angel and am the LAST one to insist on eating clean 24/7 but after the cookie binge, it will only make me feel worse. I'm such a jerk. Why did I do it? I KNEW I'd regret it but OMG they were sooooooooooooo good!:9

To make matters worse the DOMS in my lower body really isn't any better. I guess I just wasn't fully awake when I posted this morning so I am afraid to do my AB weight work and lift heavy with my lower body. I could use the rest day but after the cookies I ate, the only thing that will snap me out of this is a work out. If I am going to do anything I should really do what's on the schedule or I won't have time to get in a full rest day this week and I need to take one. ACK!

Perhaps I'll do my AB work and just lighten up on the lower body work for today. I guess that's the best it's gonna get.

Okay, I'll stop whining now. Go back to your regularly scheduled postings!:p

Oh Wendy...been there, done that.

Let's see, my first instinct is to tell you to put DS in the stroller and get outside for a walk. That accomplishes a few things. You get some moderate cardio in and the nice weather might clear your head, plus it won't be too taxing on your lower body.

My second suggestion is to fill up on salad at mom's tonight. Okay, that might be a little lame, but the fresh veggies never hurt! :7 I only say that because I think my mom cooks like yours, so when I have to eat at her house, I fill half the plate with salad and then still enjoy all the other good stuff, just less than I might if I'd had more room on my plate.

Thirdly, and most importantly, forget about it! You bust your butt ALL the time, I'm certain your metabolism is plenty fast enough to handle a few cookies! Stop beating yourself up. You're running a five miler soon, too, so you need the carbs.

Be kind to yourself.
Jen

Hi friends

rest day here. I am not into being chatty today so forgive me for skipping most personals.

Wendy- I have days like that too, and I believe weights makes my appetite rave too. IA with jen fill your plate 50% with salad first. It can be hard dinning with extended family though.

Lori- I do hope you are OK! Let us know

Sunny- Where did you say you were certified through? Wendy- You too! I am kinda sorta thinking about it (shhhhh)

After NROL4W stage 3A y'day BWM included, I did LIS on BOSU, but at combo #3 I got on the TM for a 9 minute mile . Combo 3 was confusing me on the BOSU with no parallel sides!

OK timeto go do food prep and fold laundry and who knows what else the family requires.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Hi All!

Today was NROL FL1B, not my favorite workout, but I did it.

Wendy ~ We all have days like that...((HUGS))

Lori ~ I hope you are okay...please see a doctor!

Well I took some of Jen's advice and did have salad before my meal at mom's so it filled me up some. She made fried catfish and some kind of boxed rice. I had one piece of fish and too much rice. :p

As for exercise...I ended up doing AB weights day 1 as scheduled but I only did 2 sets instead of 3 (I was in a rush because I was running late-I wasted too much time eating those danged cookies! LOL) and lightened up the weight on the dead lifts so that my rear end and hamstrings could tolerate it! }(

I felt better about the cookies after the work out. I'm glad I did it.

Thanks for the support ladies!:)

Wow, I'm really tired for some reason and, to be honest, still not in the best mood so I think I'm going to head to bed early tonight and read for a bit.

I'll be back in the morning...:)

Wanted to get in a little time here at Catheville 'cuz today sucked at work, but nothing compared to Lori's night !

Wendy - we are in the same boat today feeling yucky due to giving in to some horrible emotional eating. Ate half a bag of Cheetos and feel like a bozo:+ , but tomorrow is another day and at least you workout harder than I do. Jen had some great suggestions - I do the large salad thing at family GTG's too since most of the time it isn't the types of food I normally eat. The break from Alwyn has been nice for me and I have seen some good results from the changeup. I can't believe my 2 weeks is almost over and now I need to get my Stage 2 workout sheets ready ! I love step cardio workouts and "dancy" steps - have really been enjoying it though now I miss running ! I guess a variety is the best way to keep away from the fitness ADD, huh?

Lora - sounds like you are in a groove with your WSFL program. Glad to see you stuck with it. Good luck with your job situation.

Lori - oh man so sorry to hear about your "episode". The symptoms sound similar to concussion to me with your stomach being irritated for so long. Hope you are OK - take it easy with the workouts until you are sure you are better, OK? Many of the posters do their Cathe workouts on the Bosu - I am thinking I have seen LowMax, Imaxes and a few others listed. Gives it an added "balance" factor.

Jen - nice workout. How are your results from WSFL?

Shirl - lots of workouts for you today. Is Turbo a TJ class? Hope your head gives you a break soon - I get allergy headaches throughout the year and have a really hard time working out when I have one. Sometimes it will help drain my sinuses so it helps, other times it doesn't.

Judy - hope you enjoyed your rest day. LOL at not finding parallel sides !

Tammy - way to stick with your workout.

Not thinking I will get to the remainder of my workout today - just vented my work frustrations to DH. We'll see if I get motivated later?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.