Alpha Omega Check-In (Wed, 3/4/09)

Good morning!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Iris, how awful for your friend Maria. I will certainly be keeping her in prayers! Is she a believer? I'm glad that this thread turned out to be a blessing for everyone! God works in wonderful ways, even in fitness forums! :D How did your kickbox class go, were you able to get in?

Blessed, I like to work my lower body more than once per week too! I am currently following one of Fitness Freak's Leg Blast rotations. I am loving it because a majority of the focus is lower body! :) Butts and Guts is the workout I'm supposed to do next, but I will do that tomorrow since my legs are already fried from the last two days!

Karen, many prayers and thoughts are coming your way! You have such a positive outlook even when things seem down for you. You are an inspiration! It seems that the chocolate chip cookies are the ONLY thing I can get my Bible study to eat!! LOL I used to put out nice veggie platters and fruit salads, but no one would ever touch that. They love the sweets!

Becca, what did you think of the Biggest Loser? That's one show I like to watch, although I don't like the drama or what they sometimes put the contestants through. In any event, I was bummed that it was a "to be continued..."!! :eek:

Today is an "off" day for me. I normally take Thursdays off, but since I am due for Butts and Guts as my next workout, I figured I would give my seriously aching legs a rest today and pick up where I left off tomorrow! :) I'm torn about it and will have to fight myself to not go downstairs into my workout area, but I know that if I do this workout today, I will be sorry tomorrow!!

Blessings, health and hellos to Heather, Linda, Lynn, Penguin and all who I may have missed or follow!

Last edited:
Okay, so my workout room was calling me..... so I did one segment of Stretchmax! :p

Does anyone have an opinion of Stretchmax versus Total Body Stretching? I'd like to order one or the other. I've been doing the one segment of Stretchmax that I recorded off of FitTV, but I'm getting kind of bored with it. Is one better than the other? Thanks! :)

Hey Christina, I have never done StretchMax and I've had it for a long time. I just can't bring myself to do a stretch workout that will infringe on my workout time. Isn't that terrible? I am such a nerd. :eek:)

I needed that scripture today. I do have fears and anxieties that I give to the Lord, but then I take them back again. :) Why do we have such fears when we have the King of Kings as our God?? I should be the most laid back person on the planet!! ; )

Today will be Gym Style Chest and Triceps and something aerobic.

Have a great night ladies.

Karen

Karen, anxiety gets the best of me too, even with all my scripture knowledge telling me I should know better! I need my armor of God daily for sure against such things!

I laughed about your exercise comment because I feel like I won't be able to bring myself to spend $$ on a stretching DVD!! I feel like I should use it towards a "workout" workout, LOL! Maybe I will just keep recording the segments of Stretchmax as I see them on FitTV, that way I can have a little bit of variety and save my $$ for one of Cathe's hardcore DVD's! ;)

Hello Ladies,

This scripture was perfect for today Christine :) Aren't they all? But there are some you really need to hear sometimes :)

I can understand your workout room calling you. I am the same way. It's soo hard for me to take a break, even when I know I really need it, but you did the smart thing, in dong a stretch :) I have Total Body Stretch. I don't have Stretchmax, so can't compare, but I do like Total Body Stretch. Mine came with a set of 3 workouts. It has 3 stretch segments. There is one regular stretch, and I believe the other two use a stability ball. I don't do stretches that often, I'm kind of as bad as Karen in that area, but I realize we should treat our bodies better, and investing in a good stretch video is wise :) I found the stretch videos were great to do after a tough kickboxing workout, or intense stepping. Usually, I just want to be done, but those 10-15 minutes spent stretching everything out are soo worth it. I used to take kickboxing classes at a taekwondo studio, and before we worked out, they went through a good stretch wth us, followed by a really nice stretch after the workout, and I rarely got aches and pains. Working out at home, I get in a bad habit of rushing through. You're soo lucky you still get Fit TV. That's one of the channels we lost a couple of years ago. I was blessed to find Cathe on their before they took it off our channel line-up :)

Oh & I love FitnessFreaks rotations. I can't even begin to imagine what a killer her leg blast rotation must be :)

Karen, I am soo with you on giving things to god and taking them back. I don't know why I do that. It's funny because I have such faith in the Lord for other people's miracles, but am lacking in that area for myself. Anytime someone brings a need for me to lift in prayer, I always pray with the assurance that god will answer, but when it comes to my own needs, I battle with giving all control over to him and not taking it all back.

Well, today was Disc 8 of STS - Bk/Tric. It's unbelievable how quickly a rotation moves along if you're enjoying what you're doing. I just realized already, next week is my last workout week before the first Active Recovery Week. That means I can do lots of cardio and core work that week, and let my muscles relax for the week :)

Has anyone heard from Linda? I know she had a lot going on, and am just hoping everything's ok with her.

Have a great night everyone :)

Forgot to share my excitement in getting a new workout toy, lol. I just picked up my Cathe weighted vest from Walmart :) My kids think I'm crazy. My daughter took a look at the box, and said wait a minute - isn't this Cathe? My whole family knows Cathe, lol.

Hello all!

Today's workout was Disc 11 of STS Back and Tri's. I only have one more WO to do and I will be done with the first Mesocycle! I am very excited. You are right, Iris, it goes quick when you are enjoying it. I was able to get my run in last night. I did 28 minutes straight running on the TM. I followed that with Stability Ball abs which had a decent stretch so I used that plus a few of my own. I have not been feeling the best. I think I am trying to come down with something, but I am fighting it like crazy! DS is sick with a stomach bug and I am praying that it doesn't spread to the rest of the family. Where is spring?!?!?!?

Christine, I watched Biggest Loser last night and I was sooooo mad that they "to be continued" it! I thought for sure Mike had made weight which is why the weigh in was taking so long. I don't like to be left hanging. I enjoy that show for the transformations. I am all about people changing their lives. I think the drama is way over done. I could definitely do without it. Good for you for doing Stretch Max! It's tough not to work out. I don't have SM, but I have done 2 segments from FitTV. I also have TBS and I use them after my runs so I get a nice, thorough stretch. I have thought about buying SM, but since I have it DVR'd off FitTV, I can't justify spending the money. I think they definitely have a place in our fitness routine, though.

Karen, I understand the taking back our anxieties! We have nothing to be anxious of! The battle has been won and it belongs to our Lord! I have to remind myself of that constantly, though.

Iris, can you believe how quickly STS is going?!?!? I love it! I am looking forward to the active recovery week though. I am ready to mix up some cardio and swing my kettlebell. I have the weighted vest and I like it. I have a hard time having the barbell on my shoulders so the vest helps me add some weight without the pressure of the bar.

Blessed! Hello to you and God's blessings upon you and yours!

Hello to everyone else! Have a fabulous evening! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.